As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[AoC] No one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not breasts.

• Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Zzulu wrote: »
    So yeah, itemization is fucked up.

Fine. Any idea when that's going to change?

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    ParagonParagon Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    They just stealth nerfed a whole bunch of stuff including some key ToS abilities and I just lost about 80% of my will to play this....I was seriously hoping they wouldn't pull crap like this, it was among the things I seriously hoped they wouldn't copy off Blizzard. Their spree so far seems to indicate that game-breaking bugs are third priority after nerfs and exploits.

Sure, Idols for example could have used a nerf, but these guys have absolutely no effing clue what they are doing if they think this actually fixed anything, they just broke Thunder feature tree since there's nothing else to take and Idols are utterly useless now.

How about fixing all the bugged features before they go on a nerfing spree..? God I hate nerfs.

Paragon on
  • Options
    FantasyrogueFantasyrogue Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Could have used a nerf? People were placing 20 of the things on no cooldown, that was obviously horribly broken. And (according to what I heard on the forum atleast) the tooltip did say 1 min CD. I suspect they just fixed the bug part, where the CD wasn't triggering, and any balance issues would be looked at later. I wouldn't necessarily call that a nerf (even if the end result is a nerf from the standpoint that it was "balanced" before, which it wasn't). Besides, I thought Storm Crown wasn't that bad?

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Some other changes not mentioned as posted on the AoC forums:

General
    * Various framerate improvements
    * HP regen seem to work now
    * Crashes and Lag seem better in FoTD and other zones
    * No reported crash at exit
    * Some reports of shinier avatar textures (NEW)

Classes
    * Demonologist - Cooldowns added to Shockblast, Waves of flame, Living Firestorm, Inferno of Amber and Hellfire stream.
    * Necromancer - Unholy Hands - Only working, scaling spell we have gone from 0 seconds cooldown to 45 seconds - no mention in the notes.
    * Tempest of Set - Quicksand now has a 30 second cooldown
    * Tempest of set: idiol of set is now working as intented (1 up at a time)

UI changes
    * Group members now have a much larger and visible icon (blue potion bottle)
    * The select instance button is much bigger and move obvious.

Tradeskills and resources
    * Alchemist tier 2 quest unlocked

Mounts
    * Mammoths are faster and better turn
    * Speed on horses were scaled down
    * Mammoths are now as fast as horses(Don't count on this one to last)

Cade on
  • Options
    LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Mammoths are as fast as horses? Awesome!

Lly on
  • Options
    suadeosuadeo Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm still really on the fence about my class. I picked ToS (17 right now) and its ok. I just want to melee more. But at the same time, I want to cast magic. This leaves me with 3 choices, huh?

Dark Templar
    Bear Shaman
    Herald of Xotli

Bear shaman's seem awesome. Do they end up getting good heals/buffs? HoX seems tempting, but I just don't know how viable they will be in PvP. I just don't know what to pick, they all seem awesome :(

suadeo on
    Valseki.png
    My 360 is [strike]back[/strike] [strike]bricked[/strike] back! :D
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    if my free mammoth is as fast a horse i will be so happy.

shit, if it's slightly faster then running speed i will be happy.

Angry on
  • Options
    DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    suadeo wrote: »
    I'm still really on the fence about my class. I picked ToS (17 right now) and its ok. I just want to melee more. But at the same time, I want to cast magic. This leaves me with 3 choices, huh?

Dark Templar
    Bear Shaman
    Herald of Xotli

Bear shaman's seem awesome. Do they end up getting good heals/buffs? HoX seems tempting, but I just don't know how viable they will be in PvP. I just don't know what to pick, they all seem awesome :(

I liked my HoX until I just got too many abilities. Between spells and combos, I just couldn't reach them all efficiently.

I like the ToS, until I can map abilities to my mouse buttons (i.e., Combo Starters), I will probably be avoiding melee classes. This way I get awesome casting and I find myself melee'ing a decent amount.

DrunkMc on
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Dark Templar
    Bear Shaman
    Herald of Xotli

People are reporting good things about Bear Shamans post-20, and Dark Templars are apparently very strong as well. Heralds are pretty much the best mage class at the moment since they don't rely on a worthless pet, though outside of demon form they are pretty fragile, which is bad since part of their dps is supposed to come from their 2-handed sword (why have a massive blade like that if you can't use it?!)

I think anyone who played a Tempest of Set because they had heard about the idol exploit (and it was an exploit) has no reason to complain that it got nerfed. It's possible that the cooldowns could be reduced later, but seriously... this cycle repeats in every MMO ever: One class is unbalanced and uber powerful, so tons of people make one to take advantage. Class inevitably gets fixed, and people cry and moan that it's unfair.

The only exception to this being WoW druids. :P

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    no way man, that dude that dropped 20 idols, pulled 15 mobs, looted and ran off was totally playing the game how it was meant to be played! this is a totally unjust nerf, i am quitting!

Angry on
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    DrunkMc wrote: »

Dark Templar
    Bear Shaman
    Herald of Xotli

I liked my HoX until I just got too many abilities. Between spells and combos, I just couldn't reach them all efficiently.

I like the ToS, until I can map abilities to my mouse buttons (i.e., Combo Starters), I will probably be avoiding melee classes. This way I get awesome casting and I find myself melee'ing a decent amount.
    you can do this using Auto Hotkey or if you have a logitech or razor mouse you should be able to use their provided program to remap

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    suadeosuadeo Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Dark Templar
    Bear Shaman
    Herald of Xotli

People are reporting good things about Bear Shamans post-20, and Dark Templars are apparently very strong as well. Heralds are pretty much the best mage class at the moment since they don't rely on a worthless pet, though outside of demon form they are pretty fragile, which is bad since part of their dps is supposed to come from their 2-handed sword (why have a massive blade like that if you can't use it?!)

I think anyone who played a Tempest of Set because they had heard about the idol exploit (and it was an exploit) has no reason to complain that it got nerfed. It's possible that the cooldowns could be reduced later, but seriously... this cycle repeats in every MMO ever: One class is unbalanced and uber powerful, so tons of people make one to take advantage. Class inevitably gets fixed, and people cry and moan that it's unfair.

I never realized that about ToS. I may play my ToS to 20 just to see how it gets (maybe 25). If at that point, I am still not satisfied, I think I will roll a HoX.

But I am loving this game so far. I get out in a 10 minutes, run to my college, then back home to get down with some AoC all day :D

suadeo on
    Valseki.png
    My 360 is [strike]back[/strike] [strike]bricked[/strike] back! :D
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Cade wrote: »
    UI changes
    * Group members now have a much larger and visible icon (blue potion bottle).

This alone makes me happy. Previously you needed a telescope and laser eyes to see where your group was.

:whistle:I'm so curious, and I'm so curious...:whistle:

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    AlwaysAngryGuyAlwaysAngryGuy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Angry wrote: »
    no way man, that dude that dropped 20 idols, pulled 15 mobs, looted and ran off was totally playing the game how it was meant to be played! this is a totally unjust nerf, i am quitting!

I really don't get all the bitching about the idol of set when it was broken. Maybe I just didn't know how to exploit it correctly, but I'd never have more than one up at a time for grinding because the time it takes to put them up is ridiculous and is better spent killing mobs. If you are spending the time to put more than one up while solo grinding you are slowing yourself down. Not to mention that the idol is completely useless in PvP (except for griefers/spawncampers). However, I won't argue that it was stupidly overpowered if you were just trying to take down one boss meant for a group or something. I think all the people that were bitching just didn't really get how it worked and the absolutely time waste that it was to put up more than one at a time.

The problem now isn't that the fix is so that you can only have one idol up at a time, it made it so that the 60s recast works. You put an Idol down for about 50s, and it's stationary so it's really only good for about 30 seconds tops. I don't think I will be keeping my thunder build anymore since it pretty much completely relies on the idol being up while I'm fighting. This leaves 30 seconds where I am basically worthless. In order for this feat to be useful at all, it needs to be a 10s recast, killing the old idol of set when you cast the new one. Going to try a lightning spec later today.

As for the Quicksand fix... I'm sure I'd have some feelings about this if I ever found Quicksand to be useful ever. That thing breaks instantly if you even look at the affected target the wrong way. Completely worthless.

Level 60 Tempest of Set on Stormrage - Korinna

Edit: I edited this post about 50 times. I have been up for over 30 hours, give me a break.

AlwaysAngryGuy on
  • Options
    DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Dark Templar
    Bear Shaman
    Herald of Xotli

I didn't know there was an exploit, so I can't cry about it. I just think ToS is a fun class. It's like a balance Druid to me. I rolled the HoX cause it was like a Feral (cat) Druid to me. Can u tell I loved the Druid in WoW.

I learned my lesson, I am staying away from the official AoC forums. The WoW ones just made me angry with every "nerf" and I realized I was over reacting just like every 12yr old fan boy out there. So now, I am just playing the game. I realized if I don't read about the "nerfs' and "buffs", I probably wouldn't even really notice them.

DrunkMc on
  • Options
    zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I always miss the boat on the fun exploits. Oh well. ToS is still pretty neat once you get out of Tortage.

zilo on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Someone mentioned a set of decent armour you can buy at level 20ish that doesn't look gash. Is it from poitain or whatever that place is called?

Lly on
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I think I'm going to start a Necromancer, being able to summon hordes of undead just appeals to me. I don't care if they suck right now, MUST...HAVE...ZOMBIE MINIONS!

...I'm never going to reach level 80, am I?

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    logothesialogothesia Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    DrunkMc wrote: »

On my ToS, I removed the 1, 2, and 3 hit buttons and replaced them with spells. I turned on the combat rose and just click attacks when I want to finish things off in melee. Of course with storm field, storm crown, and my idol going, not much lives very long. I successfully pulled off a 4 pull of 28's with 2 late adds at level 30 with a pot. Nothing like mana regen from dealing death. My build is thunder and I took the mana regen talent from the priest tree. That talent seems to have made a difference for me.

Also, on Thog, I have searched for both Fangspire Legion and Zilo with no success. Sutekh the ToS would like to join up, but he's too busy electrifrying people to figure out the poorly designed social panel. :P

logothesia on
    RootworkSummerCampaignBadge.png
  • Options
    ScroffusScroffus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Dark Templar
    Bear Shaman
    Herald of Xotli

Bear Shaman feels like an absolute beast. The healing you can do with HoTs is crazy (I can outheal 2 equal level mobs with ease). Throw in the mix some great self buffs, some really nice group buffs and some great combos, I can see them being highley valued in both pve and pvp groups.

Also the fact that I can have the bear spirit push someone to the ground is just awesome.

Scroffus on
  • Options
    VoroVoro Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    logothesia wrote: »
    On my ToS, I removed the 1, 2, and 3 hit buttons and replaced them with spells. I turned on the combat rose and just click attacks when I want to finish things off in melee.

Tip: There's a button you can hold, I think it's alt (left alt if that matters), and it'll show combat bar #0. It has the three melee directions if you need them. Not sure if you can add to that, but it's handy in a pinch.

Voro on
    XBL GamerTag: Comrade Nexus
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I don't know if I posted this in the last thread, but it's worth repeating, anyway. Age of Conan and the AMD Phenom 9500 Quad do not get along very well. Secondary-Processor related BSODs every 20-30 minutes. I'm taking the computer back to Fry's today, and ordering my Intel Q6600 from Newegg instead.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    gazamcgazamc Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Im happy to see regular patches on this game. Second patch ive had to download in a week. They seem to be fairly proactive towards fixing the bugs.

I dont know what to level. BARE SHAMAN, my Barb or my Conqueror.

gazamc on
  • Options
    ShurakaiShurakai Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Id be happy with the patches more if they FIXED THE GODDAMB TRADER.

Shurakai on
  • Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Shurakai wrote: »

Apparently you could exploit it to hell. So they are holding it back till they get it fixed.

This isn't surprising as many who found exploits in the trader during beta probably kept their mouth shut to abuse once it went live.

Apostate on
  • Options
    Tapeworm711Tapeworm711 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm loving my ranger a ton. There is just something so satisfing about shooting someone with armour ripper and Salvo, usually killing them and thier friends all get caught in my bear trap to be pumemeld by even more arrow. Blood sprats from 50 ft away are also quite rewarding.

Only to have them think they can get in melee range and reduce my damge..... then HAZZZZAH!!! Whip out my sword/dagger and slice and dice.

I realize its im still in the early levels, but this game makes you feel super hardcore! I love it.

PS: Also having issues contacting Zilo on Thog. Need guildies!!!!

Tapeworm711 on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Apostate wrote: »
    Shurakai wrote: »

Apparently you could exploit it to hell. So they are holding it back till they get it fixed.

This isn't surprising as many who found exploits in the trader during beta probably kept their mouth shut to abuse once it went live.

Yeah I just read that. Makes me feel fairly happy that they are taking their time to properly fix an issue.

gazamc on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    hey they added new bars too, neat.

gazamc on
  • Options
    Brian888Brian888 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'd love to play this game, but for some reason when I installed it on my computer it disappeared. I can't find the installed game anywhere on my hard drive, and it didn't install a desktop icon. I don't know if I can handle the three-hour installation process again.

Brian888 on
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So... apparently another 4 hours downtime today, starting at 2pm EST. ><

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Brian888 wrote: »
    I'd love to play this game, but for some reason when I installed it on my computer it disappeared. I can't find the installed game anywhere on my hard drive, and it didn't install a desktop icon. I don't know if I can handle the three-hour installation process again.

Try spacemonger to find it will give you a very easy to read visual representation of your hard drive and with Conan being so big you wont be able to miss it.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008

Same thing happened to me. I think the files are in Program files\funcom\ageofconan if that helps. I had to manually make a shortcut on my desktop.

Apostate on
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Same thing happened to me. I think the files are in Program files\funcom\ageofconan if that helps. I had to manually make a shortcut on my desktop.

This happened to me, as well. Use the path Brian just mentioned, but make sure you run "Conan Patcher" (or something similar) and not Age of Conan. You will get errors if you try to just run the game. Also, manually placing a desktop shortcut works, but I would get a very odd error if I tried to Pin it to the Start Menu. Weird shit. So, Program Files/Funcom/AgeofConan/ConanPatcher made into a desktop shortcut is the way to go. You can probably drag the shortcut to your taskbar if you want.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    Brian888Brian888 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Awesome. I'll try it when I get home. Thanks, everyone.

Brian888 on
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

This happened to me, as well. Use the path Brian just mentioned, but make sure you run "Conan Patcher" (or something similar) and not Age of Conan. You will get errors if you try to just run the game. Also, manually placing a desktop shortcut works, but I would get a very odd error if I tried to Pin it to the Start Menu. Weird shit. So, Program Files/Funcom/AgeofConan/ConanPatcher made into a desktop shortcut is the way to go. You can probably drag the shortcut to your taskbar if you want.
    yep, exact same thing i was going to mention..pinning to the start menu ruins things...manual shortcut of the patcher to the desktop is the way to go....from there i pinned the shortcut to the taskbar and it works fine

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I love my ToS. I zap bitches and hit things with a hammer. It's totally jawesome.

drunkenpandaren on
    Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So I walked into this awesome ice cave right. It was huge, and it was totally empty, so I decided to become an ice cave explorer
    Zzulu_picture111.jpg

After having spotted some mammoth skeletons in the snow, I see something in the distance
    Zzulu_picture112.jpg

D:

Yeah, turns out I walked into a raidboss. It raped me in a second flat
    Zzulu_picture113-1.jpg

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    FFS they really need to remove the need to have a login to read the official forums if they are gonna keep refusing to let people actually sign up successfully for them. I know it's just a whinefest there, but i'm sure there is some useful info in amongst all that.

Lly on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Oh, and while necros are a little weak at the moment, it has to be interesting to manage this many pets.
    Zzulu_picture0983.jpg

Reminds me of the pet class in CoH.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Quick question. How does one respecc feats, and how costly is it?

Lly on
This discussion has been closed.