As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[AoC] No one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not breasts.

• CripTonicCripTonic Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Lly wrote: »
    FFS they really need to remove the need to have a login to read the official forums if they are gonna keep refusing to let people actually sign up successfully for them. I know it's just a whinefest there, but i'm sure there is some useful info in amongst all that.

theres a reason the forums aren't open to the public...

found this the other day, it's fairly accurate sadly.
    funcom.png

CripTonic on
    0liDg.png
  • drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I just want to ride my rhino. I'm one level away from being able to use it and it's just taunting me in my bags.

drunkenpandaren on
    Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    you wont have any use for it

other than honking

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited May 2008
    I love my ToS. I zap bitches and hit things with a hammer. It's totally jawesome.

zap like an entire family of bitches at the same time

piles of corpses follow in my wake.

Unknown User on
  • LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    says the supposed WAR beta tester extraordinaire. :P

Lly on
    edited May 2008
    I have my reasons.

Unknown User on
    edited May 2008
    you can play more than one game too

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
    edited May 2008
    Zzulu wrote: »
    you can play more than one game too

pretty much this.

It 1. avoids burnout and
    2. allows new testers a chance to test things.

Unknown User on
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    that forum image is pretty retarded actually.

Angry on
  • LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm just jealous. Both of your WAR beta place, and the time available to play either enough to make the most of them. :)

Lly on
    edited May 2008
    ok

so

My guildmembers, some of whom are arleady level 70, are confirming the hardcore grinding needed after 50+. In my experience you get enough quests to take you halway across the level bracket (in the 50 bracket, that would be to level 55 for example) and then you have to grind the rest, until you reach the next bracket (level 60).

This is horrible

It will eliminate every casual player in the game

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • AfroJAfroJ Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Oh, and while necros are a little weak at the moment, it has to be interesting to manage this many pets.

Reminds me of the pet class in CoH.

You can't individually control the pets so there isn't much managing involved. You basically just attack or defend with them. I'm only level 26 though so that could change at higher levels but I doubt it.

AfroJ on
    camo_sig2.png
  • drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Quick question. How does one respecc feats, and how costly is it?

I think you go to an NPC with <Trainer> under their names. I've seen one near the temple in OT. I don't know how much it costs though. Or maybe I'm thinking of something totally different.

drunkenpandaren on
  • JonnyBotJonnyBot Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Is it still down? Won't let me log in anymore.

JonnyBot on
  • Tw4winTw4win Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Has anyone played both the Herald of Xotli and the Tempest of Set?

Care to compare/contrast the two classes? I've played a HoX to level 10 and like it so far but the lack of any sort of range bothers me.

Keep in mind that my interest in this game is purely PvP. My friends are in it for the endgame PvP (they were the number 1 DAoC guild for many years) and I play WoW for PvE fun. Basically, I'm looking for a class that will level quickly without having to rely on others that much while still being fun.

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yeah that instant heal for the ToS at level 15 helps a lot. Before I'd be running my two healing effects and not be able to stay up very long, but now that I have the instant it gives my HoT's more breathing room.

I'm disappointed I didn't read through the thread before I started today though, because I've been putting all my points in the lightning tree :|

Also, I was running in my group today and it was a lot of fun being a ToS in that kind of environment. Healing everyone while at the same time putting out wicked damage with my lightning spells is crazy fun.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    ok

so

My guildmembers, some of whom are arleady level 70, are confirming the hardcore grinding needed after 50+. In my experience you get enough quests to take you halway across the level bracket (in the 50 bracket, that would be to level 55 for example) and then you have to grind the rest, until you reach the next bracket (level 60).

This is horrible

I am hoping that by the time a casual player gets to 50+ there will be more quests implemented. It def. seems like they front loaded it because that would be where the majority of the people will be for the coming weeks (months?). I consider myself casual and I am feeling awesome with a 15 ToS and a 7 HoX.

It will be a LONG time before I hit 50, I am guessing quests at that range by then will be fleshed out.

DrunkMc on
  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Also, if you want to level fast, I don't see anything on the patch notes about fixing the Tempest of Set's unlimited totem bug.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
    edited May 2008
    We have totems?

What the fuck? Where have I been? D:

drunkenpandaren on
  • mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I've only played Herald of Xotli to level 8, so I can't be of much help there.

Tempest of Set I have to 16 now, and the best way to describe them is a healer/nuker hybrid. You get some HoT's at first and then some lightning spells for damage. It gets a little rough in the mid-teens but before and after that it's a pretty fun soloing class.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Oh, and while necros are a little weak at the moment, it has to be interesting to manage this many pets.
    Zzulu_picture0983.jpg

Reminds me of the pet class in CoH.
    yeah it's not exactly managing, send all or none.....i currently can have 4 pets that i call myself, but there are also pets that spawn for a set amount of time based on spells (certain spells have a chance of spawning a pet), i saw a picture earlier where a guy had at least 20 pets at once

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Also, if you want to level fast, I don't see anything on the patch notes about fixing the Tempest of Set's unlimited totem bug.

Classes
    * Demonologist - Cooldowns added to Shockblast, Waves of flame, Living Firestorm, Inferno of Amber and Hellfire stream.
    * Necromancer - Unholy Hands - Only working, scaling spell we have gone from 0 seconds cooldown to 45 seconds - no mention in the notes.
    * Tempest of Set - Quicksand now has a 30 second cooldown
    * Tempest of set: idiol of set is now working as intented (1 up at a time)

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    There is a feat called Idol of Set. It places a "totem" on the ground which will attack nearby enemies. I mean very nearby. The range is horrible. It can be upgraded to return mana to the caster in pulses with the feat to the right of it on the tree. It has other upgrades but I can't recall them off hand.

Being able to place as many as you like (You can get to like 15-20 before the other ones start to fade). these all attack nearby enemies and restore mana and endurance (with feats).

Most people put down 5 or 6 idols, cast their HoTs, pull, Storm Field + Storm crown, Charged bolt when it's up and block/keep heals up.

Whoa whoa. 30 sec quicksand cooldown? They will make the PvE aspect of LEVELING 5x more difficult by this alone. We're already fragile enough health wise. I need to be able to cast quicksand often.
    Man...

Endomatic on
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    CripTonic wrote: »
    theres a reason the forums aren't open to the public...

found this the other day, it's fairly accurate sadly.
    <snip>

I have a Radeon card, now. So does my friend. We have no problems.

By the way, in that example: Windows XP 64 bit? I hope that was a typo on purpose.

DietarySupplement on
  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Servers are down, yes, but the game isn't patching. Is this because of the former, or not?

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    ok

so

This is horrible

If they are level 70 and the game has only been out a week, how "hardcore" must the grinding be? Seems to me that's 10 levels a day, and even if you're grinding for, 4 or 5 hours, that's a hell of an XP gain per day...

DietarySupplement on
  • FantasyrogueFantasyrogue Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Endomatic wrote: »
    Whoa whoa. 30 sec quicksand cooldown? They will make the PvE aspect of LEVELING 5x more difficult by this alone. We're already fragile enough health wise. I need to be able to cast quicksand often.
    Man...

You use quicksand? I don't think I've touched it in ages except when I got attacked by other players (and then it usually devolves into panic trying to get it off quickly enough with it's or my targetting issues). I just cast my hots, fire up Storm Field and charge into a group of mobs then I cast elemental fury, charged blast and column lightning when my cooldowns allow it or hit things over the head with my polearm when they don't.

And to whomever asked it, first respec is 50 copper if I remember correctly.

Fantasyrogue on
    edited May 2008
    Likely they were exploiting some of the infinite spawns using the ToS and unlimited idols, or other such methods.

I guess I haven't been using it too much to be honest. I was just thinking back to Tortage when you HAD to use it ALL the time in order to get your LS off and not die.

Endomatic on
  • DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Endomatic wrote: »
    Man...

When do you use this? I haven't found much of a use for it. Maybe for running away, but then why would you need to cast it more then 1 / 30s?

(Not being a dick, I just like learning what some other strats are).

DrunkMc on
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    ToS get polearms?

that's pretty awesome.

Angry on
    edited May 2008
    I just have the time I spent in Tortage seared into my head. The Under 20's for healers is kinda rough, and I used it ALWAYS then.

Now I can outheal most things and block while using SF and SC.

Endomatic on
  • pantsypantsy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I found a pretty nice feat calculator:

feats.goonheim.com

pantsy on
    edited May 2008
    I've never used Quicksand unless I'm in a group and I've gain massive aggro from the mobs. I use Cobra Stare more often though, but that's just for boss mobs.

drunkenpandaren on
  • Thor1590Thor1590 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Quick question. How does one respecc feats, and how costly is it?

I think you go to an NPC with <Trainer> under their names. I've seen one near the temple in OT. I don't know how much it costs though. Or maybe I'm thinking of something totally different.

It's 50c for the first reset, which jumps up to 2s25c the next reset, and I have no idea how much after that. Also, there's a Trainer in each of the starting villages plus Old Tarantia, which is where I went for mine.

Thor1590 on
  • Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Finally... that whoreson Lodur is dead.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Thor1590Thor1590 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Finally... that whoreson Lodur is dead.

I'd like to say my favorite line from this game so far is "Crom's balls!"

Just say it. Seriously.

Thor1590 on
  • FanciestWalnutFanciestWalnut Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So if the servers are down I can't patch?

FanciestWalnut on
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Patches only come up when the servers do. It's a one and the other thing.

They're like twins.

Only with knives and they want to make you suffer like the pathetic dog you are as you lust after the smallest scrap of attention they might toss your way while counting their money and waiting for their chance to take your house.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • BlowfluBlowflu FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    This is more of a technical question than anything....

A buddy of mine bought the game and had to install it on my computer b/c his is crapping out. My computer is showing it's age with this game as it doesn't run very well even with most of the settings turned down. Here's the low down on my specs:

-Pentium 4 CPU 3.20 GHz (2 CPU's)
    -nVidea GeForce 6800 AGP, 256 MB
    -2 Gigs of RAM

Would picking up a 512MB AGP help to stabilize my performance or is this more of a processor issue? To give you guys an idea of my settings I have everything turned down to the lowest settings (with the exception of draw distances so I can see NPC's 20 m from my face). The game sometimes gets up to 30FPS in the less demanding parts, but my framerate is pretty erratic; averaging 10-15 FPS.

Love the game too (played WoW for 2 1/2 years), but I hate when a game can't perform on my system. Should I try and find another computer or would getting a better video card help out?

Blowflu on
  • CripTonicCripTonic Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Patch server tends to be up ~30mins to an hour before game servers.

CripTonic on
    0liDg.png
This discussion has been closed.