As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[AoC] No one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not breasts.

1235768

Posts

  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Zzulu wrote: »
    ok

    so

    My guildmembers, some of whom are arleady level 70, are confirming the hardcore grinding needed after 50+. In my experience you get enough quests to take you halway across the level bracket (in the 50 bracket, that would be to level 55 for example) and then you have to grind the rest, until you reach the next bracket (level 60).

    This is horrible

    It will eliminate every casual player in the game

    WoW was the same way at launch. Although, it only REALLY pettered out in the 50s, and there you had instances to (sorta) make up for it.

    But late-30s was when it first started.

    It seems they haven't yet figured out that it's best to have a ton of quests at ALL levels before you release the game.

    shryke on
  • CripTonicCripTonic Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It slows people down from reaching the endgame, which in AoC's case, is probably almost non-existent. I think I might level a few different classes to ~55 before I decide on a class to keep playing.

    side note: do all the feat trees lick ass or are Bear Shaman special?

    CripTonic on
    0liDg.png
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    anyone know where to get a good, blue polearm at around level 36? I've been using the same one since level 21 or so (one you get for getting all those bandit heads in the kopesh or whatever province)

    Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • suadeosuadeo Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    After looking at the HoX's feat tree, I am really considering leveling him up. Right now I have one around level 10ish. While they may not be the greatest thing in 1v1 PvP, I can see them kicking ass in group PvP.

    I wonder how much the feats for their demonic form help out. How many seconds it takes off of the recast and how much longer it stays on. I kind of like how they did the glass canon in this game (I guess you could call them a glass canon), instead of a bunch of ranged spells, you get a big sword and close combat spells.

    It also sucks that the servers are down. Oh well, I guess I will get work done now so I can play tonight.

    suadeo on
    Valseki.png
    My 360 is [strike]back[/strike] [strike]bricked[/strike] back! :D
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Nah, some trees are pretty cool.

    A HoX with no feats is like... like...

    Shit.

    I dunno, a doo rag without any doo?


    The first spell we get is pretty much useless until we put a couple points in it, and becomes brutally awesome with five. From there we get all sorts of really snazzy flaming thwacky stick bonuses pretty quick. One of the feat combos has been recorded doing 7000 damage total, even.

    Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Whiniest Man On EarthWhiniest Man On Earth Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Wren wrote: »
    anyone know where to get a good, blue polearm at around level 36? I've been using the same one since level 21 or so (one you get for getting all those bandit heads in the kopesh or whatever province)

    There's a polearm reward for some quests in Cimmeria, I think.

    Whiniest Man On Earth on
  • ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Blowflu wrote: »
    This is more of a technical question than anything....

    A buddy of mine bought the game and had to install it on my computer b/c his is crapping out. My computer is showing it's age with this game as it doesn't run very well even with most of the settings turned down. Here's the low down on my specs:

    -Pentium 4 CPU 3.20 GHz (2 CPU's)
    -nVidea GeForce 6800 AGP, 256 MB
    -2 Gigs of RAM

    Would picking up a 512MB AGP help to stabilize my performance or is this more of a processor issue? To give you guys an idea of my settings I have everything turned down to the lowest settings (with the exception of draw distances so I can see NPC's 20 m from my face). The game sometimes gets up to 30FPS in the less demanding parts, but my framerate is pretty erratic; averaging 10-15 FPS.

    Love the game too (played WoW for 2 1/2 years), but I hate when a game can't perform on my system. Should I try and find another computer or would getting a better video card help out?

    Normally I would just say GPU. But you are using an AGP slot so that limits your choices a lot. ATI made a X1950 for AGP I believe. That should run better than the 6800. But I don't have the benchmarks off the top of my head.

    But honestly you would be just delaying the inevitable. AGP is dead. I would look at getting a new computer if you can find the cash.

    Apostate on
  • Whiniest Man On EarthWhiniest Man On Earth Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    My new goal is to find someone who preordered this who didn't use their preorder code. I need a rhino.

    Whiniest Man On Earth on
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    defrag wrote: »
    Wren wrote: »
    anyone know where to get a good, blue polearm at around level 36? I've been using the same one since level 21 or so (one you get for getting all those bandit heads in the kopesh or whatever province)

    There's a polearm reward for some quests in Cimmeria, I think.

    done a bunch of em, haven't seen that yet though. which region?

    Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited May 2008
    We have totems?


    What the fuck? Where have I been? D:

    totems are where its at. Just spam totems and everything around you will die.


    everything.

    Unknown User on
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    defrag wrote: »
    My new goal is to find someone who preordered this who didn't use their preorder code. I need a rhino.

    I saw people selling such things on the e of bay.

    Cade on
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    the ymir quest line has a polearm for either mayhem in the fortress or the part after that which i can't remember the name of.

    Angry on
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Angry wrote: »
    the ymir quest line has a polearm for either mayhem in the fortress or the part after that which i can't remember the name of.

    man those guys are elite. I can never find groups for that shit. wish there were a LFG channel.

    but I'll look into it anyways, this old weapon just ain't cutting it anymore.

    so here's what I'm looking at for my guardian. I do everything in defensive stance anyways. (unguarded attack maneuver makes it only a -10% damage debuff anyways)

    Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Whiniest Man On EarthWhiniest Man On Earth Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Cade wrote: »
    defrag wrote: »
    My new goal is to find someone who preordered this who didn't use their preorder code. I need a rhino.

    I saw people selling such things on the e of bay.

    Mammoths are going for like $70.

    Whiniest Man On Earth on
  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So the rhino isn't a real mount either? I was disappointed I don't have one, but if it slow as hell, I'm not really missing anything.

    DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    My app into the Euro guild got rejected... :(

    Many thanks for Zzulu for putting in a good word for me, anyway! <3

    Tav on
  • drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    robothero wrote: »
    We have totems?


    What the fuck? Where have I been? D:

    totems are where its at. Just spam totems and everything around you will die.


    everything.


    Fuck man. I'm totally going to respec the shit out of my feats and check that out.

    drunkenpandaren on
    Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Thor1590Thor1590 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    CripTonic wrote: »
    It slows people down from reaching the endgame, which in AoC's case, is probably almost non-existent. I think I might level a few different classes to ~55 before I decide on a class to keep playing.

    side note: do all the feat trees lick ass or are Bear Shaman special?

    Uh...what sucks about it/what branch are you going down? I can say that, at least, spirits has been extremely satisfying.

    Thor1590 on
  • polaris314polaris314 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Haven't caught up on the thread yet, so please forgive me if this has already been discussed. I understand there were three patches this morning, and many people are reporting significant performance increases and bug fixes. Do these include being able to user shader model 3 with ATI cards now? I had planned on getting out of Tortage over the long weekend, but I was getting like 5-10 fps in the singleplayer instance on Friday night when on launch day I was getting a solid 25-30 most of the time. So I figured I'd hold out until some more of the issues had been ironed out. What is the outlook for ATI users as of today's updates?

    polaris314 on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL/PSN-Polaris314/Twitter/DJ P0LARI5
  • Tapeworm711Tapeworm711 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    robothero wrote: »
    We have totems?


    What the fuck? Where have I been? D:

    totems are where its at. Just spam totems and everything around you will die.


    everything.


    Fuck man. I'm totally going to respec the shit out of my feats and check that out.

    Ummmmm.......They just fixed this(supposedly). So you are SOL. Sorry.

    Tapeworm711 on
  • CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    robothero wrote: »
    We have totems?


    What the fuck? Where have I been? D:

    totems are where its at. Just spam totems and everything around you will die.


    everything.


    Fuck man. I'm totally going to respec the shit out of my feats and check that out.

    Ummmmm.......They just fixed this(supposedly). So you are SOL. Sorry.

    Yeah they fixed this bug.

    Cabezone on
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It was a bug?

    TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    According to the last two to three pages of this very thread?

    Yes it would seem to be.

    But then maybe when people were calling it a bug they meant it was ice cream with a cherry on top.

    Cade on
  • drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Fuck. Sad face. At least I wont have to respec.

    drunkenpandaren on
    Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited May 2008
    They had already "fixed" it once, and it still worked just fine. Unless they just "fixed" it again today.

    Unknown User on
  • drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Well after this next fix someone post its condition of being awesome. Also. I need to give my ToS on Stormrage some love. He's been standing around at level 20 since release. And my alt on the PvE server is at 39. D:

    drunkenpandaren on
    Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited May 2008
    Theres nothing in the notes about ToS being changed, unless I'm not reading the right place.

    Unknown User on
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Stealth changes(as in undocumented), yes it's also something WoW does too in occassional patches.

    Cade on
  • BlowfluBlowflu FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Apostate wrote: »
    Blowflu wrote: »
    This is more of a technical question than anything....

    A buddy of mine bought the game and had to install it on my computer b/c his is crapping out. My computer is showing it's age with this game as it doesn't run very well even with most of the settings turned down. Here's the low down on my specs:

    -Pentium 4 CPU 3.20 GHz (2 CPU's)
    -nVidea GeForce 6800 AGP, 256 MB
    -2 Gigs of RAM

    Would picking up a 512MB AGP help to stabilize my performance or is this more of a processor issue? To give you guys an idea of my settings I have everything turned down to the lowest settings (with the exception of draw distances so I can see NPC's 20 m from my face). The game sometimes gets up to 30FPS in the less demanding parts, but my framerate is pretty erratic; averaging 10-15 FPS.

    Love the game too (played WoW for 2 1/2 years), but I hate when a game can't perform on my system. Should I try and find another computer or would getting a better video card help out?

    Normally I would just say GPU. But you are using an AGP slot so that limits your choices a lot. ATI made a X1950 for AGP I believe. That should run better than the 6800. But I don't have the benchmarks off the top of my head.

    But honestly you would be just delaying the inevitable. AGP is dead. I would look at getting a new computer if you can find the cash.


    I'm looking @ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131090

    I would buy another computer, but I'd like to try and get another year out of my rig now (making 4-5 years that I've had this). It just sucks that AGP got dropped from everything.

    Blowflu on
  • LouieLouie Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    sooo i spent WoW being a shaman which was kinda cool - especially the whole DW maniac thing during burning crusade but i don't want to be a hybrid again so soon.

    I'm planning on being a tank in WAR so i have decide on some good ol dps for AoC.

    It's kind of a tough decision between demonologist and ranger, anyone got some words of wisdom to sway me to one or the other?

    Louie on
    camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Blowflu wrote: »
    Apostate wrote: »
    Blowflu wrote: »
    This is more of a technical question than anything....

    A buddy of mine bought the game and had to install it on my computer b/c his is crapping out. My computer is showing it's age with this game as it doesn't run very well even with most of the settings turned down. Here's the low down on my specs:

    -Pentium 4 CPU 3.20 GHz (2 CPU's)
    -nVidea GeForce 6800 AGP, 256 MB
    -2 Gigs of RAM

    Would picking up a 512MB AGP help to stabilize my performance or is this more of a processor issue? To give you guys an idea of my settings I have everything turned down to the lowest settings (with the exception of draw distances so I can see NPC's 20 m from my face). The game sometimes gets up to 30FPS in the less demanding parts, but my framerate is pretty erratic; averaging 10-15 FPS.

    Love the game too (played WoW for 2 1/2 years), but I hate when a game can't perform on my system. Should I try and find another computer or would getting a better video card help out?

    Normally I would just say GPU. But you are using an AGP slot so that limits your choices a lot. ATI made a X1950 for AGP I believe. That should run better than the 6800. But I don't have the benchmarks off the top of my head.

    But honestly you would be just delaying the inevitable. AGP is dead. I would look at getting a new computer if you can find the cash.


    I'm looking @ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131090

    I would buy another computer, but I'd like to try and get another year out of my rig now (making 4-5 years that I've had this). It just sucks that AGP got dropped from everything.

    I have lower specs than yours, same vid card, and its playable. Its probably just time for you to pick up a new PC. 4-5 years is a good amount of time with PCs. Or any video game system.

    DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    All times being posted in GMT is annoying. Us Americans don't know or care what time it is out in crazy foreign places where they speak weird languages. Like British.

    DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • pantsypantsy Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Sooo apparently at some point i signed up for the AoC newsletter on both of my email accounts, and as a result, I ended up getting 2 keys for the Drinking Cape reward. I guess its a cape you can claim that gives you a buff if you click on a keg in a tavern or something.



    If anyone is interested in my extra key, just send me a PM on the forum here and I'll pass it on to whomever pms me first.





    Edit: Code has been given out at this point.

    pantsy on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited May 2008
    Idol of Set was changed to a 60 second cooldown and you can only have 1 up at a time.


    the 1 at a time is fine, the cooldown blows though.

    Unknown User on
  • chrpnkchrpnk Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    All times being posted in GMT is annoying. Us Americans don't know or care what time it is out in crazy foreign places where they speak weird languages. Like British.

    I don't understand why they don't just post eastern time as well. They go through the effort of posting a link to a site that tells you the time difference sometimes, why can't they just put the time there instead?

    Also, I demand the servers come back up so I can light more people on fire with my giant sword of doom.

    chrpnk on
  • gazamcgazamc Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So I started leveling a bear shaman today.

    Most fun ive had so far. God I love buffing myself up. And getting wonderful damage buffs while healing.

    Also the Hammer fatalities are extremely satisfying.

    gazamc on
  • ShurakaiShurakai Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    If The talents stay the same until I reach lvl 70 (highly unlikely), this will be my build for my HoX:

    Avatar/Mage Build

    Shurakai on
  • GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Basil wrote: »
    Patches only come up when the servers do. It's a one and the other thing.

    They're like twins.

    Only with knives and they want to make you suffer like the pathetic dog you are as you lust after the smallest scrap of attention they might toss your way while counting their money and waiting for their chance to take your house.

    I knew twins like that back in college. The Warren brothers.

    Good times.

    GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    New patch says they fixed the traders.

    Apostate on
  • suadeosuadeo Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Shurakai wrote: »
    If The talents stay the same until I reach lvl 70 (highly unlikely), this will be my build for my HoX:

    Avatar/Mage Build

    Thats pretty much the build I plan to go with. What level is your HoX now?

    suadeo on
    Valseki.png
    My 360 is [strike]back[/strike] [strike]bricked[/strike] back! :D
This discussion has been closed.