Options

[AoC] No one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not breasts.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Djiem wrote: »
    I wish they'd iron out some bugs that irritate me personally; I have this sweet-ass pair of pants and tunic that both have awesome effects but they never proc. When an enemy hits me, supposedly there is a chance he gets cursed with an effect that gives him 200 points of damage, or 50 damage every second for like 30 seconds. The items never trigger though.

I had a cloak that would proc on getting hit, it procced all the time... that's strange yours isn't.

I dunno drunk I was out running the bounties this weekend in thunder river and I'd take on 4 yellow con mobs and come away aces and I'd see a lotus ass take on 2 and wind up a grave stone.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Preacher wrote: »
    I wish they'd iron out some bugs that irritate me personally; I have this sweet-ass pair of pants and tunic that both have awesome effects but they never proc. When an enemy hits me, supposedly there is a chance he gets cursed with an effect that gives him 200 points of damage, or 50 damage every second for like 30 seconds. The items never trigger though.

I had a cloak that would proc on getting hit, it procced all the time... that's strange yours isn't.

I dunno drunk I was out running the bounties this weekend in thunder river and I'd take on 4 yellow con mobs and come away aces and I'd see a lotus ass take on 2 and wind up a grave stone.

What channel are the procs listed in? I checked all "You deal damage/affect someone" etc stuff, and I didn't see the procs. Not only that, but in the enemy's lifebar on the right the debuffs never ever appeared, so I assume it never procs.

Djiem on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

What channel are the procs listed in? I checked all "You deal damage/affect someone" etc stuff, and I didn't see the procs. Not only that, but in the enemy's lifebar on the right the debuffs never ever appeared, so I assume it never procs.

I dunno I don't have my combat log on, maybe the proc is a damage effect not a dot? So when it procs it just goes off and hurts the mob? Outside of that if its that level 49 cloth chest, it could be just not proccing since that item was recently added so there could be a glitch with it?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited June 2008

I dunno I don't have my combat log on, maybe the proc is a damage effect not a dot? So when it procs it just goes off and hurts the mob? Outside of that if its that level 49 cloth chest, it could be just not proccing since that item was recently added so there could be a glitch with it?

Yes, it's the cloth chest that deals a single shot of damage, so either it doesn't work or it only shows "You slash the enemy for X" and I can't tell from my normal slashes. But the pants are a DoT, so the enemy should be cursed with it. I'll see if today's patch stealth-fixed it. If not, I'll search the forums and see.

Djiem on
  • Options
    DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Yes, it's the cloth chest that deals a single shot of damage, so either it doesn't work or it only shows "You slash the enemy for X" and I can't tell from my normal slashes. But the pants are a DoT, so the enemy should be cursed with it. I'll see if today's patch stealth-fixed it. If not, I'll search the forums and see.

Go find a bunch of low level things, aggro them, and stop attacking. And just let them hit the crap out of you and see if they ever die or take dmg from it procc'ing.

DrunkMc on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Not a bad idea drunk.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2008
    Installing!

Very very slowly!

Going to play on a non-PVP server with some WoW buddies, but I guess I'll check in on the PVP server with Zzulu at times too.

Probably playing assassin first.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    Installing!

Very very slowly!

Going to play on a non-PVP server with some WoW buddies, but I guess I'll check in on the PVP server with Zzulu at times too.

Probably playing assassin first.

Assassin is very enjoyable, if you want to see a lot of fatalities they are the class to pick. Most of your combos one shot or severely wound a regular enemy.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KevarKevar regular
    edited June 2008
    how do you people even play PVE in this game

the PVP is amazing

Kevar on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    last I heard, all the endgame is pvp anyways. so I'd just like to level in peace

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Assassin is very enjoyable, if you want to see a lot of fatalities they are the class to pick. Most of your combos one shot or severely wound a regular enemy.

Heh. Went up to that monster right at the start (after you fight the slaver), waved my rusty nails around and it dropped dead in a second.

Enjoying it so far.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Goood I need more RAM. Load times: horrible.

Echo on
  • Options
    naturalchaosnaturalchaos Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

I'm definitely in the same boat. 2GB of ram on Vista Ultimate equals major chug-fest when loading a new area. I'm just debating if I really want to drop another $100 or not.

naturalchaos on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

I'm definitely in the same boat. 2GB of ram on Vista Ultimate equals major chug-fest when loading a new area. I'm just debating if I really want to drop another $100 or not.

Should be able to get another 2 gigs for less than half that much.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I have one gig. That's nowhere near enough.

It runs just fine on medium when I'm alone, but as soon as I'm in a crowded area it's a powerpoint slide.

Ah well, I'll buy four gigs when I get some money.

Echo on
  • Options
    naturalchaosnaturalchaos Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Should be able to get another 2 gigs for less than half that much.

Doesn't it have to match the memory I already have? If so that's gonna be about $80 + shipping from Newegg. I know I should just bite the bullet and do it but... I'm cheap :lol:

naturalchaos on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Kevar wrote: »

the PVP is amazing

Much like wren, I'd rather level in peace. For every one saying "Damn I love pvping its not gank fest" there is someone else who mentions there is an entire guild who dominates the level 70 content and will not let other people quest there. So yeah.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

the PVP is amazing

Much like wren, I'd rather level in peace. For every one saying "Damn I love pvping its not gank fest" there is someone else who mentions there is an entire guild who dominates the level 70 content and will not let other people quest there. So yeah.

You'll have the same problem 70-80 on a PvE server. There isn't enough content to go around.

Zek on
  • Options
    ShensShens Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008

the PVP is amazing

While I would argue the PVP in this game is quite broken, there is still fun to be had. I wouldn't play this game on a PvE server. There is something about just having the chance of someone attacking you fun and keeps you on your toes.

And how does a guild lock down content on a server? Can you not just switch instances?

Shens on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    well if its a really high level area then chances are there are not a lot of people in it, so there aren't multiple versions of it.

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Zek wrote: »

the PVP is amazing

You'll have the same problem 70-80 on a PvE server. There isn't enough content to go around.

There will be by the time I get there. :D

zilo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Wren wrote: »
    well if its a really high level area then chances are there are not a lot of people in it, so there aren't multiple versions of it.

They lock all instances anyway, I've heard.

Don't get me wrong, I love the PvP in that game, and the danger it implies, and wouldn't want to play on a PvE server. I just think that spawn-camping, ganking lowbies after they've walked for a long time and are far from any respawn point or locking down an entire levelling spot isn't fun.

It's not that I'm against all PvP, just the parts I find dickish. I don't understand why there are so many people yelling at guys like me and telling us to go back to WoW or to PvE servers. There's a huge difference between the "bad" behavior and no PvP at all.

Djiem on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

the PVP is amazing

I dunno I haven't gotten there yet, but I figure when I do I'll find something to do. And at the very least I don't have to worry about getting killed because a group of children got to level 80 before me.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Kanashimi MitsukaiKanashimi Mitsukai Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

the PVP is amazing

I dunno I haven't gotten there yet, but I figure when I do I'll find something to do. And at the very least I don't have to worry about getting killed because a group of children got to level 80 before me.

I dunno the level 70-80 disputes were settled with PVP. I dunno how the hell you'd do it in PVE.

It might be more "mature" but I have a feeling the EQ-esk community is gone. By that I mean people don't take turns at spawns any more =P.

Also, I dunno where you got the "dominates the level 70 content and will not let other people quest there." It was most likely from me ranting at 79 that the bastards were camping the best two grind spots and monopolizing it.

There were still many other places I could have grinded at. It might have taken 2-3 more hours longer for me to level to 80, but I was just pissed off at the attitude of the certain guild. I don't want methods in place to prevent this. I want to get even =P.

And no, its almost impossible for them to prevent you from doing most quests. Besides the cistern/main system which is uncampable by higher levels for the most part now, I don't think i've failed a quest because of someone. I might have been delayed once or twice, but failed? No.

The death penalty is also such a joke that I don't get why the hell people would go "OMG YOU KILLED ME YOU @!#*!#(*&."

Pvp is used to settle disputes on a pvp server. The gankfests come from douches who WANT to be douches. The people in those guilds WANT to be KoS from everyone. When the criminal system(whatever its called) comes into place, they'll probably turn into a criminal right away just for the thrill of it.

Oh lastly: If you ever decide to join a pvp server, we have 80s now. A lot of us would be more than happy come to your aid right away if an 80 is harassing you =P.

Kanashimi Mitsukai on
    3DS Friend Code: 1676-3733-4207
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    What determines if I make a fatality? Just a random chance?

Echo on
  • Options
    4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So, I like fury warriors/rogues in WoW. Am I going to like playing as a Barbarian? How are they faring right now?

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    AldarezAldarez Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    What determines if I make a fatality? Just a random chance?

IIRC It's a random chance, provided you finish them with a combo/spell.

Aldarez on
    2188939-1.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    What's the proc rate on soul fragments in unholy stance? I have yet to get one.

Echo on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It begins - first Battlekeep is up. I practically forgot all about that whole PvP siege endgame thing.

Zek on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    It begins - first Battlekeep is up. I practically forgot all about that whole PvP siege endgame thing.

Awesome, good for them. It'll probably be awhile before somebody has a guild alliance big enough to knock it down, too!

edit: ninja quote-add for top o' page

zilo on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Christ the recent patch made the game buggy as hell for me.

- Every 45 minutes or so I need to restart the game because of the memory leak (minimap/map goes grey and the next zone load will freeze)

- Ping climbs to 9999 and boots me out quite often now

- Textures gain small glowing circles on them, kinda like leopard spots... but on things that shouldn't have leopard spots (my rhino)

- Sometimes I get a freezeframe for about 10 seconds. When I come back there is a message about an error being detected and a report being sent.

- Other times I get a freezeframe that changes the screen to look like EQ1... or maybe an impressionist painting. Either way, it's grounds for a restart of the game.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Super_HappySuper_Happy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So, anyone have a friend code (or whatever they call the demo code) they are willing to part with? I'd like to give this game a shot but I fear that it will not be playable on my comp, and I'd rather not pay 50$ to find out. It would be awesome if someone can hook me up. If not, thanks anyway.;-)

Super_Happy on
  • Options
    AldarezAldarez Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Just checked my account page, looks like they still haven't opened them up yet sorry.

Aldarez on
    2188939-1.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    No friend codes, probably not for awhile. Apparently their servers won't handle the strain just yet.

zilo on
  • Options
    DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    What's the proc rate on soul fragments in unholy stance? I have yet to get one.

It's pretty often. Make sure to use your combos, pretty much only a boss I fought 2 lvls higher then me survived past the 3 Combos I keep up under alt + 1,2,3. So keep using your 3 best combos, everything dies, and you will have soul shards. Though, they seem to degrade a bit too fast for me. But after fighting 3 mobs, and you still don't get one? Make sure you are actually in Unholy Stance and not Poison and make sure it's actually triggered and not a GUI malfunction, and most certainly be using combos!

As for PvP vs. PvE question, I think the best thing I did was get a toon to 28 on PvE, then try PvP. At this point I know where everything is in Tortage, I know all the zones well, all the spawn points. I don't have to look for specific objectives, and get pissed when I have to start over when I get ganked. I know where the feathers are, so I could care less if I get set on fire before I get there.

I can do the questing in the PvP zone, but that has almost become 2nd fiddle. I'm really just looking for people to tangle with. I feel bad though, being a rogue, I kinda have to "gank" you. You won't see me coming and then you will be dead.......that's just kinda what I do!

Though, I do enjoy having conversations with my victims afterwards (when they're not being dicks).

DrunkMc on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    If you have lots of issues with the game it's probably a good idea to run the AoC diagnostics thingy. I did, and after it was done it reported 0 errors but I had to download 80mb of fresh files to replace my corrupted ones anyway, and I didn't have as many issues after that.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Zzulu wrote: »
    If you have lots of issues with the game it's probably a good idea to run the AoC diagnostics thingy. I did, and after it was done it reported 0 errors but I had to download 80mb of fresh files to replace my corrupted ones anyway, and I didn't have as many issues after that.

Interesting. Where is this "thingy" you speak of?

Djiem on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    So. Fell through the world in the inn and landed in the endless ocean under it. Together with another half-dozen players.

Guess we'll have to swap jokes down here for another 20 minutes until I can hearth.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Zzulu wrote: »

Interesting. Where is this "thingy" you speak of?

It's the "simpleconfig" icon. Once you open it up, there'll be a "verify/repair" button

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    So. Fell through the world in the inn and landed in the endless ocean under it. Together with another half-dozen players.

Guess we'll have to swap jokes down here for another 20 minutes until I can hearth.

One of the emotes makes you fall through the world. It is brilliant

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.