Options

[AoC] No one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not breasts.

• Options
    LuqLuq Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Whoopdy doo, your character's boobs are smaller. Mine usually appears bald (despite having long green stygian hair), She's quite often permantently on fire which is fine, it adds to the hilarity. She is ALWAYS missing her legs above the knee. You can see right through her to her cape. It's been this way for the last 10 levels. As a bonus sometimes if I swap out my chest armor enough, her torso dissapears as well. Then I'm left with a burning set of feet, shins, floating arms and head. I take my cape off at this point as well. Then I go murder people above my level and get hilarious tells due to my bizarre appearance. It all fits in well with the madness of Xotli I figure.

Luq on
    FFRK:jWwH RW:Onion Knight's Sage USB
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Djiem wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    I think its really paranoid to even be worried they'd change your dude permenantly honestly. I can't advance as a weaponsmith because of a glitch and they still haven't fixed that one. I'd hope they'd work on that before they worry about some overly large boobies.

I already explained that it's not about the boobies themselves. And yes, you're right, there are many changes that are much, much more important and urgent to fix. I'm just saying I hope it's not a permanent issue.

So, weaponsmith is glitched? What about the other careers?

Weaponsmith isn't glitched for everyone, just if you go to take a profession quest make sure you have room for the quest if you don't they wont offer it to you again and you can't advance.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Kindof amusing, but apparently the boobie fiasco in AoC has grabbed national attention.

I was in the car yesterday and on NPR they have a quiz show called "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" and one of the questions involves 3 scenarios being related to the contestant, and they have to guess which one is the real scenario.

In this case the question was about online games, and the two fake scenarios were PETA members hacking into a game that involved a Unicorn being captured, doing so because no animal, even a mythical one, should ever live in captivity, and some substance abuse scandal revolving around a Wii ice skating game.

But the real scenario was the Age of Conan boobie shrinkage and the outrage this has caused many players, which I found to be hilarious. I didn't listen long enough to find out if the contestant guessed correctly. :P

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I found this amusing;
    rangerarmor.jpg

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Luq wrote: »
    Whoopdy doo, your character's boobs are smaller. Mine usually appears bald (despite having long green stygian hair), She's quite often permantently on fire which is fine, it adds to the hilarity. She is ALWAYS missing her legs above the knee. You can see right through her to her cape. It's been this way for the last 10 levels. As a bonus sometimes if I swap out my chest armor enough, her torso dissapears as well. Then I'm left with a burning set of feet, shins, floating arms and head. I take my cape off at this point as well. Then I go murder people above my level and get hilarious tells due to my bizarre appearance. It all fits in well with the madness of Xotli I figure.

Well, that's what I was talking about when I said Heralds had various graphical glitches. I remember at one point I had no chest skin (or was it no chest armor), pure black armbands and shorter hair than I chose. Also, my hands were on fire.

Djiem on
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    - Fix the stealth changes to character appearances (notably boobs)

If it's not an issue, then why the hell did you bring it up? Go play Barbie dress up.

Oh, and the usual undocumented patch notes says many tool tips have been improved.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Man, I thought the P-A forums were above this 12-yr old immaturity.

Says the guy crying about what his virtual boobies look like.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    [€dit] Removed due to nipple

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Shorn Scrotum Man, what the fuck is your problem? Did you not read everything I typed? Why are you so hung on the boobs and not on the discussion about my avatar, my chosen representation in this game, being changed?

Djiem on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Apocalypto_picture022.jpg

I like the darfari armor set

It put a stick through my nose

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    That is awesome armor, certainly contrasts with your "Level 20 to 80" pic.

Djiem on
  • Options
    DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    all those necromancer patch notes, and I get the feeling that the class was overall nerfed. You get your 8 pets earlier, sure, but they toned down the necro's only 2 good spells - unholy hands and soul swarm...

also, I found this amusing:

* Storm Field is now limited to affection 3 targets at a time.
    * Titanic Storm now additionally increases the number of targets affected by Storm Field by 50%.

I guess the spell, if feated, affects 4.5 targets? does it affect the bottom half or the top half of the 5th mob/person?

DiscoZombie on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I need to find out the armor set for assassins that has them dressed in all blue (like a dark blue leather look). And then find where it drops and run that until I'm so awesome.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'd kill for one of those nice plumed helmets the Tarantia guards, misc melee mobs, or especially the Black Dragons are wearing.

As it is, my current plate helm is nothing but a bucket with eyeholes practically. :?

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2008
    That is awesome armor, certainly contrasts with your "Level 20 to 80" pic.

I think that "20 to 80" progression is random vendor crap armor. I've seen people looking way more awesome from level 30 and on.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I'd kill for one of those nice plumed helmets the Tarantia guards, misc melee mobs, or especially the Black Dragons are wearing.

As it is, my current plate helm is nothing but a bucket with eyeholes practically. :?

I've seen people with them but I have no idea where they got them. I figure its an upper end armor set. The late 60 early 70s have a nice set of blue gear for all pieces but helm and hands.

And I figure thats just the regular green armor for medium, since my assassin has switched his blue look 3 or 4 times and currently looks like a middle eastern bad ass showing off my pecs, though I'm kind of bugged I still have the mark of Archeron since it supposed to be gone.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    wow, big patch

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I need to find out the armor set for assassins that has them dressed in all blue (like a dark blue leather look). And then find where it drops and run that until I'm so awesome.

's all silk baby

Apocalypto_picture068.jpg

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Is there any difference between "silk" and "cloth" as mentioned on some class descriptions?

Echo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    silk feels better rubbing up against your crotch

But other than that, no.

In beta there was talk about "Silk Armour" which would be somekind of heavier form of cloth, but it seems it never made it into the game.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Zzulu wrote: »

's all silk baby

Fuck yeah! Is that player made? What goes into it... I NEED TO KNOW!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    When doing your armor crafting quests, there is a distinction between cloth armor and "assassin" cloth armor. I imagine that's one of the remnants of the silk armor ideas.

Also:
    n2700414_38196352_5842.jpg

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    edited June 2008

's all silk baby

Fuck yeah! Is that player made? What goes into it... I NEED TO KNOW!

It drops from the epic version of Kheshatta at level 80, or in the resource zone instances (Oasis of Zaara, for example).

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    heh thats pretty funny. they go and buff a bunch of direct nuke feats in the necro trees then turn around and nerf all the spells across the board

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    edited June 2008

It drops from the epic version of Kheshatta at level 80, or in the resource zone instances (Oasis of Zaara, for example).

Ahh ok, is it non tradeable?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    In beta there was talk about "Silk Armour" which would be somekind of heavier form of cloth, but it seems it never made it into the game.

Ah. Guess there's a remnant of that in the assassin's class description.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I think everything except the belt is non tradeable

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Damn well I hope I can find a crew who runs it, since I'm the highest guy in fangspire by at least 15 levels and by 80 I'll be there by myself for a bit.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Well, right now Oasis of zaara is incredibly bugged. You can farm the boss there yourself if you can deal any ranged damage at all, and you can bypass all the trashmobs there as well.

On this topic, I've also heard you can solo one of the tougher raidbosses for epic loot with a 6-man group because you can make him bug out and then slowly wear him down. On top of this madness, you can also bug the entire instance and reset it after only one hour, so you can farm this raidboss all day.

Funcom needs to do something about it

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Well, right now Oasis of zaara is incredibly bugged. You can farm the boss there yourself if you can deal any ranged damage at all, and you can bypass all the trashmobs there as well.

On this topic, I've also heard you can solo one of the tougher raidbosses for epic loot with a 6-man group because you can make him bug out and then slowly wear him down. On top of this madness, you can also bug the entire instance and reset it after only one hour, so you can farm this raidboss all day.

Funcom needs to do something about it

Well I have a crappy crossbow I can use over and over I guess... I figure that stuff will get fixed asap. And anyone caught exploiting will get the boot.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Damn well I hope I can find a crew who runs it, since I'm the highest guy in fangspire by at least 15 levels and by 80 I'll be there by myself for a bit.

hey, I'm getting up there, 64 Guardian and rising. :P

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • Options
    edited June 2008

hey, I'm getting up there, 64 Guardian and rising. :P

True if not for you I'd be like 30 levels above the rest of you...

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    My interest in the game continues to fluctuate somewhere between "it's fun I guess..." and "Maybe I should just quit...".

There isn't much for me to do at level 64, quests are sparse and grinding is just bleh, I *could* start another character but none of the other classes really interest me at all.

In addition Guardian continues to be rather mediocre and supposedly useless in pvp, and seemingly ignored by the developers (except for nerfing our best attack, lol tank don't do DPS).

I'm really on the verge of just quitting for a couple months and taking a look later. Pretty sure the free 30 days is almost up as well.

GalagaGalaxian on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    My interest in the game continues to fluctuate somewhere between "it's fun I guess..." and "Maybe I should just quit...".

There isn't much for me to do at level 64, quests are sparse and grinding is just bleh, I *could* start another character but none of the other classes really interest me at all.

In addition Guardian continues to be rather mediocre and supposedly useless in pvp, and seemingly ignored by the developers (except for nerfing our best attack, lol tank don't do DPS).

I'm really on the verge of just quitting for a couple months and taking a look later. Pretty sure the free 30 days is almost up as well.

When I played my guardian I never used overpower losing 10% of damage for a not fantastic (before the "nerf") burst dam wasn't my thing.

I think I should look for a new guild, all of you fangspire guys just don't want to play that much and its affecting my enjoyment.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I don't mind the nerfing of overreach (it was rather overpowered), but they nerfed it too much. Since it only does mediocre damage and still has that debuff, there's really no reason to use it. On a somewhat related note, I wonder how long it'll be before they remove the stacking of the various versions of counterstrike.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Thats part of it too, the guild just isn't active at all. While I do enjoy soloing to an extent, MMOs for me are social things, I need people to talk to and go out and kill things with, otherwise I'd rather just play a single player game.

Whether or not I've stayed with an MMO is pretty much purely dependent on if I find a decent social group or not.

GalagaGalaxian on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Thats part of it too, the guild just isn't active at all. While I do enjoy soloing to an extent, MMOs for me are social things, I need people to talk to and go out and kill things with, otherwise I'd rather just play a single player game.

Whether or not I've stayed with an MMO is pretty much purely dependent on if I find a decent social group or not.

Well the game is still new, but the issue is what you said earlier "Should I keep playing or not" doesn't really make someone want to go out of their way to help you if they don't know if you'll be around.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I don't recall ever asking anyone for help actually. But thats not really what I meant, though I guess I'm unsure of what I meant.

As is right now, I tend to log on, do the maybe 1 or 2 quests I might have available to me, grind a few mobs, then find myself bored of playing solo and log off. And whenever I do try to get a group for something like Cistern/System (which I've done probably less than a third of questwise) I either have no luck finding a group or the group is full of idiots who make me want to slam my head through a wall.

GalagaGalaxian on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I don't recall ever asking anyone for help actually. But thats not really what I meant, though I guess I'm unsure of what I meant.

As is right now, I tend to log on, do the maybe 1 or 2 quests I might have available to me, grind a few mobs, then find myself bored of playing solo and log off. And whenever I do try to get a group for something like Cistern/System (which I've done probably less than a third of questwise) I either have no luck finding a group or the group is full of idiots who make me want to slam my head through a wall.

See I just like killing dudes, so logging in running the villas and chatting with you guys is enough for me. I tend to think of Valerind as an immoral bastard so that helps I have my own little inner dialogue going. And I keep hoping for a new fatality at 80 (don't ruin it if there isn't one Zzulu I will kill you).

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    :winky:

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.