Options

[AoC] No one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not breasts.

• Options
    Mr ObersmithMr Obersmith Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Well, I finally found the class I decided to settle on as main (necro) and it appears (though this could be standard internet whining) that FC decided to nerf them into the ground. I'm going to try it out firsthand before making any rash decisions but this makes me nervous.

Mr Obersmith on
    Battle.net - Obersmith#1709
    Live - MrObersmith
    PSN - Obersmith
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It wouldn't really bother me but I figure I have 4 right now, I'm hoping for a 5th. I know I get one more version of Swift strikes I figure that comes at 80. And if I planned out my feat points awesomely I'll get full version of the feat that gives reduced party threat.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Well, I finally found the class I decided to settle on as main (necro) and it appears (though this could be standard internet whining) that FC decided to nerf them into the ground. I'm going to try it out firsthand before making any rash decisions but this makes me nervous.

I believe they buffed them today, since they already sucked before, but I have no idea having not played the class and the boards are 90% of the time completely fucking wrong about a class (Like assassins needing a buff I own npc bitches).

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Sounds like Necro's lost 40-60% of damage from both their direct casts and their pet damage. ToS's lost a large part of their AoE ability and what's left is pretty broken due to the "fix" exposing the retarded "corpses are valid/active targets" bug that affects a number of other things.

SiliconStew on
    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I have a 45 necro from 100% soloing, and it's not particularly OP or UP in pve. no pvp experience. I really don't understand those patch notes though. a strange mix of buffs and nerfs, and probably a nerf overall, to the class most people agreed was the most underpowered.

DiscoZombie on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Sounds like Necro's lost 40-60% of damage from both their direct casts and their pet damage. ToS's lost a large part of their AoE ability and what's left is pretty broken due to the "fix" exposing the retarded "corpses are valid/active targets" bug that affects a number of other things.

For some reason I doubt I'll cry much about tempests of set who could take on mobs up to 6 levels above them 3 at a time.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Zzullu do you know any bear shamans? My fiancee is playing one and I'm just wondering when they get a specific fatality (the head rip off one).

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2008
    Bwaha. Just had my first arm-chop x2 + decapitation fatality. :^:

Echo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    Bwaha. Just had my first arm-chop x2 + decapitation fatality. :^:

That thing is so awesome, because they are screaming the whole time.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CyrixdCyrixd Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Preacher wrote: »
    Zzullu do you know any bear shamans? My fiancee is playing one and I'm just wondering when they get a specific fatality (the head rip off one).

Haven't seen one yet at 38.

Cyrixd on
    Nintendo ID/PSN: CyrixD
    SteamID: FronWewq
    Battle.net: Orange#1845
    3DS Friend Code: 1289-9498-5797
  • Options
    ComraynComrayn Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

As a level 69 (teehee) Bear Shaman I have never ripped anyone's head off. I have smashed many a head, as well as smashing many people in the balls, but no head ripping.

Comrayn on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Comrayn wrote: »

As a level 69 (teehee) Bear Shaman I have never ripped anyone's head off. I have smashed many a head, as well as smashing many people in the balls, but no head ripping.

Damn it all!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

For some reason I doubt I'll cry much about tempests of set who could take on mobs up to 6 levels above them 3 at a time.

Oh, they definitely needed to be toned down. Though I think they should have changed the number of targets to 4/6 instead of 3/5 on Storm Field.

But there is a difference between capping an ability for balance and fucking up its targeting due to Funcom's incompetent QA. It's sad there is so many fundamental features that are broken or non-existent with more added every time they patch. This could be a great game, but this past month has given me little confidence that Funcom can get their shit together before it's too late.

SiliconStew on
    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    If anyone is looking for a guild that is fairly active you are welcome to come hang with the Triple Deuces on the Cimmeria RP-PvP server. Even though its a RP server we don't do any RP (community seems ever so slightly more mature than the norm). We're fairly small but it's rare to have a night go by without 3 or 4 of us on. Our guild leader is very active and is pretty much always on.

We don't have any rules really. Just don't be an idiot.

We even got our guild city going recently.
    Goimhbrog_picture010.jpg

Goimhbrog_picture011.jpg

If your interested you can send a /tell to either: Goimhbrog or Morsus (My two toons)

You can also drop by the webiste: www.tripledeuces.com

Or just send a PM if you have questions.

Apostate on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    They weren't trying to nerf Necros - the goal of the patch was to rebalance them to rely more on their pets - but I think it ended up that way. As I understand it they added some bad bugs and didn't buff pets enough to compensate for all the nuking nerfs.

Zek on
  • Options
    TaterskinTaterskin Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Thats part of it too, the guild just isn't active at all. While I do enjoy soloing to an extent, MMOs for me are social things, I need people to talk to and go out and kill things with, otherwise I'd rather just play a single player game.

Whether or not I've stayed with an MMO is pretty much purely dependent on if I find a decent social group or not.

My work schedule prevents me from playing when most people are on. I usually see one or two people except maybe Saturday night. Also, I'm east coast so that plays into things.

If someone finds a more active guild for us merge/move to, Im all for that. I think people moving to the pvp server hurt us alot in terms of membership.

Taterskin on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    haha I love the forums
    logic? homosexuals do not follow the natural order of things. thus, this gay change. am i homophobic? absolutely, who wants to be around gay men looking at u. year 2000 tolerance my ass, gay men are going to hell unless they change.

just like this company is going to hell unless they change.
    perfect logic...

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Wren wrote: »
    haha I love the forums
    logic? homosexuals do not follow the natural order of things. thus, this gay change. am i homophobic? absolutely, who wants to be around gay men looking at u. year 2000 tolerance my ass, gay men are going to hell unless they change.

perfect logic...

wow, this guy knows his similes!

DrunkMc on
  • Options
    Darius BlackDarius Black Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Wren wrote: »
    haha I love the forums

perfect logic...

No sodomy? :(

Hey by the way, speaking of fatalities, is the PoM's "heavenly lift" fatality the only one we ever get?

Darius Black on
    Quick, quiet, confident
    Comfortable, permanent
    Undisputed, every tense
    Not a trace of what went left
    More equal than the best
    Unparalleled success
    Everybody, V-impressed
  • Options
    King Boo HooKing Boo Hoo Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So... I still have no idea what the hell was up with that patch yesterday. I mean, the entire gaming community cries about ToS's, so what do they do? Make the damage more steady, lower it a bit, and TAKE AWAY THE COOLDOWN?! Yeah, 3 seconds is an eternity to cast, it's not like every single caster in every single MMORPG ever has a standard 3 second fireball/shadowbolt/whatever nuke. Not to mention they get stealth in AoC.
    Sigh.

King Boo Hoo on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It does seem odd that the supposed "nerf" to ToS was more of a buff

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Well I want them to fix the client error bug, and graphic freeze up one (going near some torches or bloom I'll get a weird flashing in the upper left corner, its most notable in villa camillus).

I love the game but I wish they'd fix issues before introducing some new ones, though at least the client error takes a bit longer now before it occurs.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Darius BlackDarius Black Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Speaking of bloom, anyone find sometimes the NPCs go all Heavenly Bright when you're talking to them? Hurts the eyes. But I don't wanna turn bloom off. Waiting for DX10 and HDR (hopefully it'll be a feature).

Darius Black on
    Quick, quiet, confident
    Comfortable, permanent
    Undisputed, every tense
    Not a trace of what went left
    More equal than the best
    Unparalleled success
    Everybody, V-impressed
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I think the game looks better with bloom off

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I agree. verily

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Speaking of bloom, anyone find sometimes the NPCs go all Heavenly Bright when you're talking to them? Hurts the eyes. But I don't wanna turn bloom off. Waiting for DX10 and HDR (hopefully it'll be a feature).

Yes. usually after about one sentence. Weird that it changes mid cutscene.

Just tried the crafting place. holy crap that is boring as hell. Am i missing something? You run aimlessly around a huge landscape just hoping to stumble across the resource nodes for ages?

Lly on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Well I hope they fix the soldier trainer so that when you talk to him you aren't staring right into his hideous face. At least rogues get the lovely lady with her huge side boobs.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Lly wrote: »

Just tried the crafting place. holy crap that is boring as hell. Am i missing something? You run aimlessly around a huge landscape just hoping to stumble across the resource nodes for ages?

No that's pretty much it. Except you mark where the nodes are and then you wont be running aimlessly anymore, since nodes are permanent.

Also, sometimes NPC's will appear and attack you while you're mining.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Zzulu wrote: »
    Lly wrote: »

No that's pretty much it. Except you mark where the nodes are and then you wont be running aimlessly anymore, since nodes are permanent.

Also, sometimes NPC's will appear and attack you while you're mining.

I think my desire to create sexy leather apparel just dwindled somewhat. What a drag! Maybe i'll leave it till i get to a later level.

Lly on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    the npcs that attacked you had good loot tables once. like almost always a green. and then one dropped a blue even.

but I hear they nerfed em

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    If you're on Thog, Lly, let me know, I have a Gemcrafter/Armorsmith there. I spent some time and money last night cutting and cataloging and muling gems.

Niceguy Myeye on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I'd hate to be a gemcutter. fuckers take up way too much space

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Nah, i'm on aquilonia. Still guildless because all the guilds i've met so far seem to be empty. Finding a good guild seems like a right hassle so far.

Lly on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    just make your own guild. its free

it is what I do

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    any and all euros should join the guild I'm in on Fury. We even have a powerleveling service up right now so git in heee

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2008
    Zzulu wrote: »
    any and all euros should join the guild I'm in on Fury. We even have a powerleveling service up right now so git in heee

Might take you up on that when I can decide what to play.

Barbarian, maybe? Damn class selection anxiety!

Echo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I hear the barbarian, Bear shaman and HoX are pretty fun to play, especially if you like the melee system.

Make a bearshaman, and I'll make a dark templar - so we can safeguard eachother from pvp hassle as we level up.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I actually rolled a barb on that server Zzulu, but didn't enjoy it as much as my bear shaman so i went back to auilonia. maybe i'll give the barb another go some time soon. Poor lass is sat at level 18!

Lly on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    someone join me and my dark templar Bagheera god damnit

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Do people actually play on Stormrage? Or am I the loneliest barb in the world?

4rch3nemy on
This discussion has been closed.