As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[AoC] No one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not breasts.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2008
    Zzulu wrote: »
    someone join me and my dark templar Bagheera god damnit

Rolling a bear shaman.

Sadly, Baloo was taken. D:

Echo on
  • naturalchaosnaturalchaos Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I upgraded to 4GB of RAM and I have to say, it's made a HUGE difference! Load times are a fraction of what they used to be. Highly recommended for anyone who can afford it!

naturalchaos on
  • CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Yeah, I did the exact same thing, and it really is a huge improvement.

Shame I'm pretty sick of the game, though :(

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    someone join me and my dark templar Bagheera god damnit

Rolling a bear shaman.

Sadly, Baloo was taken. D:

I somehow managed to conjure in my mind that DT's got to dualwield, and then at level 12 I realized that they can only use 1h+shield. This broke down my will to play one entirely, so I made a demonologist instead called Gehennas:x

Also, About bearshamans; They're very weak until about level 20. Keep that in mind as you almost die to any big pull every time.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
    edited June 2008
    Right. Kincaid the bear shaman.

Echo on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited June 2008
    so is this real? because, man.
    What you can do with powerpoints:

* You can buy Powerfeats – exclusive feats that can buff your character and provide you with new and very powerful spells and abilities!

* You can take gathered pearls and turn them into Powerpearls. These can be put into weapons and armor to make them even more powerful!

* You can obtain special offers that we will put into the game regularly, but only if you have enough Powerpoints! This can be anything from mounts to spells!

* You can convert Powerpoints into so-called rested experience, effectively allowing you to level up faster than you would otherwise!

* You can purchase exclusive weapons, armor, potions, recipes, ingredients, and other times using a mix of ordinary gold and Powerpoints.

How you earn powerpoints:
    Having an active subscription

You will earn one Powerpoint each week for all characters on your account as long as you have an active subscription. You do not have to actually log in and play the game; we will simply reward you for your aid in allowing Funcom to improve Age of Conan.

Having many guild members

Once your guild reaches a high number of members, you will start seeing the benefits. If one hundred unique members log into the guild at least once every week, all members in that guild will be granted one Powerpoint that week. So make sure your guild grows!

By owning a battlekeep

If your guild is lucky enough to own a battlekeep, every member in your guild will receive one Powerpoint every week you have that battlekeep. Of course, holding on to such a keep will prove to be a formidable task, so be sure to protect your property!

Post-level 80 reward system

Okay, so you have reached level 80 and there are no more experience levels to reach. But with the Powerpoint system you will now earn one point each time you were supposed to reach a new level, effectively rewarding you for continuing to develop your character!

By winning PvP mini-games

After having reached level 40, you will get one Powerpoint for every 40th mini-game you win. This is basically a way for us to reward you if you put a lot of effort into partaking in mini-games with other players and, of course, making sure you win as well!

Please keep in mind that these details might change over time as the game grows.

Unknown User on
  • Darius BlackDarius Black Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    4rch3nemy wrote: »
    Do people actually play on Stormrage? Or am I the loneliest barb in the world?

You're kidding, right? There's a whole freakin' guild of us PAers on there: Broodax Imperiate. Check broodax.freeforums.org

Darius Black on
    Quick, quiet, confident
    Comfortable, permanent
    Undisputed, every tense
    Not a trace of what went left
    More equal than the best
    Unparalleled success
    Everybody, V-impressed
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    4rch3nemy wrote: »
    Do people actually play on Stormrage? Or am I the loneliest barb in the world?

You're kidding, right? There's a whole freakin' guild of us PAers on there: Broodax Imperiate. Check broodax.freeforums.org

Yeah, that's a pretty active guild. Thog on the other hand.......... :|

DrunkMc on
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    robothero wrote: »

* You can buy Powerfeats – exclusive feats that can buff your character and provide you with new and very powerful spells and abilities!

* You can take gathered pearls and turn them into Powerpearls. These can be put into weapons and armor to make them even more powerful!

* You can obtain special offers that we will put into the game regularly, but only if you have enough Powerpoints! This can be anything from mounts to spells!

* You can convert Powerpoints into so-called rested experience, effectively allowing you to level up faster than you would otherwise!

* You can purchase exclusive weapons, armor, potions, recipes, ingredients, and other times using a mix of ordinary gold and Powerpoints.

You will earn one Powerpoint each week for all characters on your account as long as you have an active subscription. You do not have to actually log in and play the game; we will simply reward you for your aid in allowing Funcom to improve Age of Conan.

Once your guild reaches a high number of members, you will start seeing the benefits. If one hundred unique members log into the guild at least once every week, all members in that guild will be granted one Powerpoint that week. So make sure your guild grows!

By owning a battlekeep

If your guild is lucky enough to own a battlekeep, every member in your guild will receive one Powerpoint every week you have that battlekeep. Of course, holding on to such a keep will prove to be a formidable task, so be sure to protect your property!

Okay, so you have reached level 80 and there are no more experience levels to reach. But with the Powerpoint system you will now earn one point each time you were supposed to reach a new level, effectively rewarding you for continuing to develop your character!

After having reached level 40, you will get one Powerpoint for every 40th mini-game you win. This is basically a way for us to reward you if you put a lot of effort into partaking in mini-games with other players and, of course, making sure you win as well!

Please keep in mind that these details might change over time as the game grows.

And...? Seems pretty okay to me, since you know, you have to have an active subscription to play. Of course, guilds seem to get more of them so having a good one matters.

You know, like every other MMO.

DietarySupplement on
    edited June 2008
    Thog is active just people don't respond to you ever. I'll say something and utter silence welcomes me. So I give up talking when no one says anything back.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited June 2008
    I was just asking if it was real or not, since I have limited access at work I couldn't find anything official posted on it.

Unknown User on
    edited June 2008

By owning a battlekeep

And...? Seems pretty okay to me, since you know, you have to have an active subscription to play. Of course, guilds seem to get more of them so having a good one matters.

You know, like every other MMO.

Seems like a mix of eq1 style extra advancement and Star Wars galaxies "Hey thanks for playing here take this stuff". All in all not a bad idea.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited June 2008
    No one liked my awesome pics? I thought a couple of the fatality ones looked sweet.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited June 2008
    Also, About bearshamans; They're very weak until about level 20. Keep that in mind as you almost die to any big pull every time.

Oh man, you weren't joking. Doing the volcano at level 8, and I can die to two mobs at once. :P Three mobs and I'm outright fucked.

Echo on
    edited June 2008
    Echo wrote: »

Oh man, you weren't joking. Doing the volcano at level 8, and I can die to two mobs at once. :P Three mobs and I'm outright fucked.

They do get stronger my fiancee had the same issues but now she can handle 4 even con as long as they don't surprise jump her.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited June 2008
    Yay, PVP server.
    I go into the underhalls to get the wine for the blacksmith. I'm level 9. Some other level 9 asshat attacks the second I'm inside Underhalls, I kill him with a sliver of my life left.

Go to White Sands, level 23 assassin running around ganking to the left and right.

I kind of miss factions.

Echo on
    edited June 2008
    So glad I'm not on a pvp server. So glad.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited June 2008
    I don't mind PVP. But an unmitigated gankfest where people barely level 10 get ganked at will by asshats? Meh.

Git on, Zz! We need to level!

Echo on
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm already level 15

You need to catch up son

Also, never go to white sands. You really wont need to go there at all if you handle your quests well

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Oh come now, change instances. There aren't THAT many asshats on PVP servers that you can't just switch to a different instance and be completely at peace.

I've been ganked maybe 10 times my entire career in AOC since launch, and I have two characters in their 40s on a PVP server.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I was just asking if it was real or not, since I have limited access at work I couldn't find anything official posted on it.

it was in the latest newsletter

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • interceptintercept Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I didn't renew my free month. My Cimmerian Barb retired in the 40s.

Ridiculous overpowered. I ate faces in this game like nothing, and was shocked to actually find myself missing the combat balance in WoW. It's the best any MMORPG has even come close to. I can't figure out whether that's sad or praiseworthy.

intercept on
    edited June 2008
    intercept wrote: »

Ridiculous overpowered. I ate faces in this game like nothing, and was shocked to actually find myself missing the combat balance in WoW. It's the best any MMORPG has even come close to. I can't figure out whether that's sad or praiseworthy.

So you enjoyed yourself, but because you're too much of a WoW addict couldn't break the habit. Uhh congrats?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • interceptintercept Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Preacher wrote: »

So you enjoyed yourself, but because you're too much of a WoW addict couldn't break the habit. Uhh congrats?

I guess if you called taking on 3-4 guys at once and demolishing them solo as fun, yeah, I did, but it became pretty tiresome when it became clear how awful the game balance is in this game.

Which is to be expected for a game this young, but when you're playing a game for competitive PvP instead of "OP class of the month", WoW is it. That's why they hold 30k prize pot tournaments over this stuff, and that's why you see a good balance of RMP, Double Melee, Double Healer, Drain Team, etc as #1 on different battlegroups across the game.

But I'm too busy to play MMOs in general now, so I quit both, but AoC was interesting while it lasted. The combat system was different but they didn't take a lot of things into consideration, i.e, how incredibly stupid it is for stam-based classes to spend stam for both running AND fighting, and casters have a separate and stam bar. And since sprint is based on proportion to your stamina rather than how much you have, essentially a caster runs just as fast as a rogue.

Yeah. Dumb. If you really want to avoid any fight in AoC, you can, which to me defeats the entire purpose of an overarching PvP philosophy, as in being able to die at any point in the world.

intercept on
  • ZilartZilart Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Oh man, my game just expired today. And I haven't got money to continue. :(

Makes me a sad panda.

Zilart on
    edited June 2008
    So you never made it out of the 40s but judged yourself a bad ass and no class your equal and therefore the game is not for you? Fantastic glad to hear you're moving on.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Preacher wrote: »

I guess if you called taking on 3-4 guys at once and demolishing them solo as fun, yeah, I did, but it became pretty tiresome when it became clear how awful the game balance is in this game.

Which is to be expected for a game this young, but when you're playing a game for competitive PvP instead of "OP class of the month", WoW is it. That's why they hold 30k prize pot tournaments over this stuff, and that's why you see a good balance of RMP, Double Melee, Double Healer, Drain Team, etc as #1 on different battlegroups across the game.

But I'm too busy to play MMOs in general now, so I quit both, but AoC was interesting while it lasted. The combat system was different but they didn't take a lot of things into consideration, i.e, how incredibly stupid it is for stam-based classes to spend stam for both running AND fighting, and casters have a separate and stam bar. And since sprint is based on proportion to your stamina rather than how much you have, essentially a caster runs just as fast as a rogue.

Yeah. Dumb. If you really want to avoid any fight in AoC, you can, which to me defeats the entire purpose of an overarching PvP philosophy, as in being able to die at any point in the world.
    except arenas are ruining WoW

tyrannus on
    edited June 2008
    you're ruining WoW, jerktilius

<3

Unknown User on
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    My HoX can take on 3-4 mobs at once too. What's your point?

Djiem on
  • Darius BlackDarius Black Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Can't help but think Mr. Overpowered Barbarian there is using this fabricated story to cop out. I eat barbarians for breakfast. Unless you were taking on 3-4 gray players, or attacking them when they're fighting a boss, I just don't see how this would be.

Darius Black on
    Quick, quiet, confident
    Comfortable, permanent
    Undisputed, every tense
    Not a trace of what went left
    More equal than the best
    Unparalleled success
    Everybody, V-impressed
    edited June 2008
    Can't help but think Mr. Overpowered Barbarian there is using this fabricated story to cop out. I eat barbarians for breakfast. Unless you were taking on 3-4 gray players, or attacking them when they're fighting a boss, I just don't see how this would be.

Probably using knockdowns, if he goes up against another rogue class worth their salt they'll have his lunch.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Nah I've done it, alot of players are "special" and do not understand how to hit a target with a melee combo that is moving around.

The other day I killed a necro another barb and an assassin all at or above my level - I blew my cooldowns to turn the necro into confetti and just kited the other 2 around until they were dead because I am apparently the only one who carries stacks of 50 health pots around

If you're terrible at pvp in wow it certainly shows, but a bad hunter standing in AV mashing tab and aimed shot will eventually get a kill. A terrible melee player in AOC will probably never get a kill unless faced with equally terrible opposition

override367 on
  • Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Wait, did someone really just say that WoW is the only place for competitive PvP?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Wait, did someone really just say that WoW is the only place for competitive PvP?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'll bite - what mmorpg do *you* think has competitive pvp so much better than WoW that it's worth cackling maniacally over?

DiscoZombie on
    edited June 2008
    any mmo that isn't wow

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Wren wrote: »
    any mmo that isn't wow

so AoC, Tabula Rasa, SWG, Vanguard, FFXI, AC, CoX, DAoC, LotRO, EVE, etc. all have better balanced, more rewarding, more competitive pvp than WoW?

I'm no WoW fanboy. I don't even play it anymore, but I think we should give the devil his due. WoW is a polished game, and though there may be other MMO's more geared toward PvPers, WoW probably has the most well-balanced competitive pvp out there. Yes, there is corruption in the arena, and you can have stacked battlegrounds teams, but I can't think of another game with better pvp balance. Most PvP games are about ganking; WoW is one game in which you actually can have evenly matched fights pretty frequently.

DiscoZombie on
    edited June 2008
    Wren wrote: »
    any mmo that isn't wow

so AoC, Tabula Rasa, SWG, Vanguard, FFXI, AC, CoX, DAoC, LotRO, EVE, etc. all have better balanced, more rewarding, more competitive pvp than WoW?

well I'm glad you hit it right on the head

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    EvE, GuildWars, and AC that I've experienced. Hell, I actually found the PvP in Vanguard more interesting, though I think that might have been because the classes tended to be more complex than WoW's.

WoW's pvp was just a grind. AC and EvE both gave consequences for dying, and thus made PvP alot more interesting in general. GuildWars was fun purely for the team dynamic, coming up with 8 skillbars that will compliment and enhance each other.

AoC's is ok, though I'd like to see a siege or two sometime. So far it's not as bad as WoW, not as good as EvE/AC, at least for me.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
    edited June 2008
    I hate the shitty information you get about abilities.

BS feat: Empowered Renewal. "Empowers the Renewal ability, increasing the damage bonus gained from triggering the effect."

Wait, what? Renewal gives a damage bonus? Why doesn't it say so on Renewal's tooltip?

And so on for dozens of abilities.

Echo on
This discussion has been closed.