As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[AoC] No one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not breasts.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2008
    How about they just stop patching until their patches stop breaking the damn game?

Echo on
  • GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Thats actually the reason the US servers downtime was delayed and then extended, they were figuring out what was wrong with the patch and then implementing and testing it.

I assume they'll fix the EU servers after they finish the US servers.

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    so the next thread's title should be

No one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not breasts.

because thats how I keep reading it

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    No one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not patches.

Lly on
  • ShensShens Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I keep thinking it says "No one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not breasts."

Cause you know.. AOC = LOLOLBOOBS

Edit: Awesome top post.

Shens on
  • GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Wren wrote: »
    so the next thread's title should be

No one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not breasts.

because thats how I keep reading it

glad I'm not the only one.

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
    edited June 2008
    Shens wrote: »
    I keep thinking it says "No one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not breasts."

thats what I just said

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    edited June 2008
    Breasts can do with mentioning many times. mmm breasts.

LET ME LOG BACK IN SO I CAN OGLE PIXEL BREASTS!

Lly on
  • warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Any patch notes or commentary.

warder808 on
    steam_sig.png
    edited June 2008
    warder808 wrote: »
    Servers are down due to a shitty patch. Fuck you, customers.

Echo on
    edited June 2008
    5 hours predicted downtime? Fuck.

I was just starting to enjoy my ToS. Just dinged level 10 on fury. The fact that her lightning spell does so much damage, and yet she can also wear polearms, or awesome looking one handers with a SHIELD is awesome after playing a bear shaman. 2 handed blunts all look the fucking same.

Lly on
    edited June 2008

yes.

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The casters I have tried in this game have all been quite dull. (admittedly I've only played the ToS and Demo to 20ish) I don't think there's any oomph in any of the spells. Yes, that's right, oomph.

I much prefer to dismember people with a sword or axe, with the occasional incineration for some extra flavour. This is why the HoX fits me so well.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Shens wrote: »

.. um wow.. I just noticed it cause you pointed it out. I thought breasts thing made sense for this game's title..

Fuga on
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Re the Necro hide nerf: I used it a few times, but I never relied on it. Over all I'm happy with my Necro (I'm going mostly reanimation with 15 points in General for extra mana regain, dual element specialization and extra damage. I have no problem with my pets doing most of the work, that's why I summoned them in the first place.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    edited June 2008
    Zz! Done with Tortage! Let's level all day tomorrow!

Echo on
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    Servers are down due to a shitty patch. Fuck you, customers.

you'll be getting used to this after awhile!

tyrannus on
  • drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm late with the storm field nerf qq but that's because I'm away from home. D:
    But really, the nerfs didn't affect me that much. I already had points dumped into that talent. Also, do we have a list of people who can invite other people into the guild?

drunkenpandaren on
    Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • JWFokkerJWFokker Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Kevar wrote: »
    yeah. I get several types of crashes:

1) map disappears, crash on next zone
    2) start clipping through objects like rocks, stairs, bridges, buildings, crash on next zone
    3) random memory leak
    4) loading screen endlessly alternates between "updating/reading content"
    5) textures stop loading, ground becomes black, crash on next zone

i had none of this a few weeks ago. they're making the game worse with these short-sighted nerfs and unstable client updates. the only good thing they've managed to do is fix the status bar that they broke after a patch.

I get 1 and 3 a LOT and a variation on 4 where it goes through the yellow bar and then never actually starts loading anything with the red progress bar. I can't ALT-TAB or CTRL-ALT-DEL my way out of that one either. Fucking loading screen just sits there until I do a hard reboot.

JWFokker on
  • StealthcStealthc Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Re the Necro hide nerf: I used it a few times, but I never relied on it. Over all I'm happy with my Necro (I'm going mostly reanimation with 15 points in General for extra mana regain, dual element specialization and extra damage. I have no problem with my pets doing most of the work, that's why I summoned them in the first place.

The Necro hide exploit was such a cunt thing to do, pretty much is a massive "I lose" sticker on your forehead

Stealthc on
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Stealthc wrote: »

The Necro hide exploit was such a cunt thing to do, pretty much is a massive "I lose" sticker on your forehead

I guess on a PvP server, but I just used it to reduce the numbers of a large group or soften up an elite.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm not really playing this anymore, maybe in a few months, so someone else should remake the thread and maintain the OP. I just ask that you save the BBcode I labored over for hours and hours. Well, not hours but...do you really want to do it all over again? DO YOU?

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    My interest in this game has been falling off a cliff, cancelled my sub today. Mostly because playing by myself is boring, there are better singleplayer games (all my friends quit)

override367 on
    edited June 2008
    Sometimes my ToS (level 10) turns people blue when they die from the lightning spell. Is that a fatality? And if so what benefit does it give? I had assumed that blue ice demon thing would appear but it hasn't so far. Maybe i haven't done a fatality since level 10 though ...

Lly on
    edited June 2008
    I believe the icemonster is a necro thing

and you get a damage buff for a few seconds after you get a fatality

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So I take it you guys would recommend waiting a few months to pay for this?

815165 on
    edited June 2008
    Yea

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • KevarKevar regular
    edited June 2008
    815165 wrote: »
    So I take it you guys would recommend waiting a few months to pay for this?
    yup. it's fundamentally good (the combat system is solid, guild cities and sieges and all are cool, quest system is great) but it has some problems they can easily fix with some time.

i'm having fun but i think you'd get the most out of the game by waiting a few.

Kevar on
    edited June 2008
    Wait until after the summer

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    What the fuck am I supposed to do all summer then? :(

815165 on
    edited June 2008
    Masturbation techniques

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
    edited June 2008
    "The stranger"

Lly on
  • DisDis Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Eat Steroids and Starve yourself and do some workout and get a decent body...?

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I like this game, but it just doesn't feel like an MMORPG to me. I don't feel the need ot ever ask for help. Nothing has been challenging yet. It feels like a Single player RPG with a chat window on the bottom. And when in Tortage that was fine, but once I left, it is starting to feel stagnant. :(

DrunkMc on
    edited June 2008
    hey they gave us a free extra day of playtime for the connection issues the last patch broufggt with it

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • DisDis Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    DrunkMc wrote: »
    I like this game, but it just doesn't feel like an MMORPG to me. I don't feel the need ot ever ask for help. Nothing has been challenging yet. It feels like a Single player RPG with a chat window on the bottom. And when in Tortage that was fine, but once I left, it is starting to feel stagnant. :(

Isn't that the same with most MMO that you can SOLO...?
    Or you want an MMO that forces you to group to advance...?

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Yeah I like that you aren't forced eq style to be in groups or die repeatedly, yet they do have some nice group quests usually towards the end of a zone (when you are just about finished with it I mean) that give you good equipment for grouping with others.

So did anyone else feel they increased regular mob health yesterday? All I know is I went from being able to one shot bang an npc even level caster with swift strikes and now they still have life left over. If they did reduce meele damage I'll be pissed.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited June 2008
    Dis wrote: »

Eat Steroids and Starve yourself and do some workout and get a decent body...?

you dont get a decent body by starving yourself silly

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Let me explain, I don't want a game where priests are forced to group up with a DPS class cause htey can't do shit.

Give you a WoW Example cause everyone and their mother played that.

West Fall, every class could do every quest in that zone by themself, EXCEPT Deadmines. Pretty much the whole story in that zone revolved around that, you learned the story behind Deadmines, you knew who the last guy was going to be, why he was so angry, and what he would eventually do to StormWind.

Then you get some DeadMines quests that say group. So everyone once they hit 16 or 17 starts looking for groups to goto deadmines and that continues till after 20, when u go beyond. It got communication going, it showed how your class worked in a group dynamic, it's where u learned about Tanking, Aggro, over healing and what not.

So far there hasn't been any oppurtunity for that in AoC. I don't even know the name of a group instance. I love my ToS, but I have no idea how she would be at healing other people cause I haven't had the need to do it.

DrunkMc on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Let me explain, I don't want a game where priests are forced to group up with a DPS class cause htey can't do shit.

Give you a WoW Example cause everyone and their mother played that.

West Fall, every class could do every quest in that zone by themself, EXCEPT Deadmines. Pretty much the whole story in that zone revolved around that, you learned the story behind Deadmines, you knew who the last guy was going to be, why he was so angry, and what he would eventually do to StormWind.

Then you get some DeadMines quests that say group. So everyone once they hit 16 or 17 starts looking for groups to goto deadmines and that continues till after 20, when u go beyond. It got communication going, it showed how your class worked in a group dynamic, it's where u learned about Tanking, Aggro, over healing and what not.

So far there hasn't been any oppurtunity for that in AoC. I don't even know the name of a group instance. I love my ToS, but I have no idea how she would be at healing other people cause I haven't had the need to do it.

Sanctum is like that its a level 40 instance off of Wild Lands of Zelata, lot of story and explanation. Also the vanir elite quests are like that level 30 in Connalls valley.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.