As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[AoC] No one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not breasts.

• Darius BlackDarius Black Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Wren wrote: »
    Dis wrote: »
    815165 wrote: »
    What the fuck am I supposed to do all summer then? :(

Eat Steroids and Starve yourself and do some workout and get a decent body...?

you dont get a decent body by starving yourself silly

Thanks, Oprah. Pshh, everyone knows the only effective diet is cocaine and cigarettes.
    hey they gave us a free extra day of playtime for the connection issues the last patch broufggt with it

Yess! +1 point for Funcom. That leaves them at -10415.

Darius Black on
    Quick, quiet, confident
    Comfortable, permanent
    Undisputed, every tense
    Not a trace of what went left
    More equal than the best
    Unparalleled success
    Everybody, V-impressed
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    just work out and eat a lot of veggies and red meats

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I love reading the AoC forums. I sort of go into daydreams of what my life would be like if I were privileged enough where the biggest concern in my life is a MMO class change.

Niceguy Myeye on
  • Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I love reading the AoC forums. I sort of go into daydreams of what my life would be like if I were privileged enough where the biggest concern in my life is a MMO class change.

flawed logic is flawed.

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • King Boo HooKing Boo Hoo Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So... this sucks:
    Funcom changed how much spell damage affects DT and HoX abilities (maybe more classes).
    As it stands, HoX damage is down 40% for all combos and spells right now. This is because we used to get 100% of +spell damage added to all our spells and combos, and now it's been set to 0%, which is a bug, but, here's the Dev Response:
    Like the other secondary minor effects for Dark Templars, the proper values for the various proc effects will be much lower than the unintended 100% value from before. This is just a small warning as to not expect it to return to the level it was prior to the bugfix.

...really? Really? Were people complaining about HoX and DT being overpowered? I just don't see why this was necessary. I mean, all the HoX has is damage, he wears cloth armor for the love of god and fights in melee. Lowering his DPS by 40% when no one was even crying nerf? Damn.

I've never quit a MMORPG for any reason other than getting bored and burning out. I've stuck by patches and nerfs and fixes and generally I'm pretty tolerant for this stuff. But seriously, every class I roll gets destroyed to the point that it can't even crawl.

Lame sauce.

King Boo Hoo on
  • LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Any ToS experts out there recommend a good way to spec for solo levelling in the early years(levels)?

I went thunder, but now i'm having doubts as the benefit from the first 5 points at least is a cheaper heal after a few lighting casts, but i tend to cast my two HoTs before i engage enemies so it's kinda wasted.

Lly on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So... this sucks:
    Funcom changed how much spell damage affects DT and HoX abilities (maybe more classes).
    As it stands, HoX damage is down 40% for all combos and spells right now. This is because we used to get 100% of +spell damage added to all our spells and combos, and now it's been set to 0%, which is a bug, but, here's the Dev Response:
    Like the other secondary minor effects for Dark Templars, the proper values for the various proc effects will be much lower than the unintended 100% value from before. This is just a small warning as to not expect it to return to the level it was prior to the bugfix.

...really? Really? Were people complaining about HoX and DT being overpowered? I just don't see why this was necessary. I mean, all the HoX has is damage, he wears cloth armor for the love of god and fights in melee. Lowering his DPS by 40% when no one was even crying nerf? Damn.

I've never quit a MMORPG for any reason other than getting bored and burning out. I've stuck by patches and nerfs and fixes and generally I'm pretty tolerant for this stuff. But seriously, every class I roll gets destroyed to the point that it can't even crawl.

Lame sauce.

I think its because meele is far too fun, so to make casters feel better they make meele not as strong.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I still burn people with my HoX

burn 'em good

tee hee heee

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Arsenic CanaryArsenic Canary A Whirlwind of Joy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Man.

I got my Ranger to 30, and was all like, "Woo!"

Then I saw all the Necro changes and was like, "Hrm. Maybe I'll give 'em another shot."

After rolling through a grip of pirates surrounded by zombies, flying skulls and a giant ice demon, I really don't know if I'll be able to go back to shootin' dudes with arrows.

Plus, y'know, eventually lich form.

Arsenic Canary on
    Steam: arsenic_canary
  • EvigilantEvigilant VARegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Man.

I got my Ranger to 30, and was all like, "Woo!"

Then I saw all the Necro changes and was like, "Hrm. Maybe I'll give 'em another shot."

After rolling through a grip of pirates surrounded by zombies, flying skulls and a giant ice demon, I really don't know if I'll be able to go back to shootin' dudes with arrows.

Plus, y'know, eventually lich form.

Lich form is only cool for 35 seconds with a 2 min cooldown. So you'll have to tough through all the nightfall nerfs to get 35 seconds of fun every 2 mins.

I hate the AOC forums for necro. I actually like the changes because it forces you to think and prioritize what you are going to do. Oh no, I can't hide and send in pets, yawn. That was so boring anyways.

Plus, 8 blighted ones + void + unholy hands + all those DoT's = awesome PVP. I'm looking forward to corpse detonation so I can hide and use that spell to take out raid groups.

Evigilant on
    XBL\PSN\Steam\Origin: Evigilant
  • Rodent242Rodent242 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The HoX/DT nerf/bug will be looked at on Monday according to FC. Can't say that it bothers me that much, my HoX is still trucking along just fine in his early 40's.

Rodent242 on
    LIVE: Nitzer 24 , CO: @Rodent, Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Rodent242/
  • KevarKevar regular
    edited June 2008
    Minerva_SC wrote: »

flawed logic is flawed.
    4chan vernacular is obnoxious. :arrow:

Kevar on
  • SnarfmasterSnarfmaster Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So in my slothiness I finally got my guardian to level 30, and now I'd like to get rolling with the Broodax guys but i can't seem to find any of the listed officers in the first post online in the last day or so. My character's name is Mariuz if you could toss me an invite if you see me online. I tried looking you guys up in the guild search window and got nothing in that department.

Snarfmaster on
    edited June 2008
    I burned out on this here game

The lack of stuff to do once you hit 80 didn't help

so I'm saying bye-bye AoC and shifting my gaze towards WAR now.

I'll probably return in 3-6 months, to see how the game evolved

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Yea I've had it with aoc... all my friends are gone and the flaws of a game are much more evident when you aren't playing with buds

override367 on
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Same here, I'm done with AoC... for now.

I'll miss the music played at Cimmerian ouposts.

Djiem on
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm more or less in the same boat. Once I experienced everything I was looking forward to (mounted combat, open PVP, crafting) and was extremely disappointed, the game lost all its luster.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • KevarKevar regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm still having fun, but I'm playing with friends who are also having fun. And we're active in server battlekeep wars and drama, which makes it more interesting.

I can't imagine playing without friends. MMOs are social games.

Kevar on
  • ShensShens Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    That argument always makes me... o_O

I remember early on playing EQ, DAOC and other MMORPGS while my friends thought it was a waste of time. I had a lot of fun playing with random people while my friends didn't get it. When a game is fun, it is just fun.

While I imagine that battlekeeps and drama keep it fun for you and your friends, everything else in this game is pretty bland, atm. Friends or no friends it is hard to keep going in AOC. I wish it wasn't so.

Shens on
  • KevarKevar regular
    edited June 2008
    Shens wrote: »

I remember early on playing EQ, DAOC and other MMORPGS while my friends thought it was a waste of time. I had a lot of fun playing with random people while my friends didn't get it. When a game is fun, it is just fun.

While I imagine that battlekeeps and drama keep it fun for you and your friends, everything else in this game is pretty bland, atm. Friends or no friends it is hard to keep going in AOC. I wish it wasn't so.
    /shrug I tried WoW, EQ, and DAoC and thought it was boring without friends. Actually I thought WoW was boring *with* friends, so..

Kevar on
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm not quitting until my next month runs out at least but I haven't played lately because I have no motivation to grind my character from 62-80. Questing is what kept me interested in the leveling process, the moment that disappears and I'm just killing the same mobs for hours on end, I'd rather just play something else. So if they don't get any quests in there before this paid month is done I'll probably cancel.

Zek on
  • CryogenCryogen Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Kevar wrote: »
    Shens wrote: »

/shrug I tried WoW, EQ, and DAoC and thought it was boring without friends. Actually I thought WoW was boring *with* friends, so..

It probably depends on what sort of person you are. Personally, i had tons of fun playing EQ, AO and DAoC mostly with strangers (pick up groups) most of the time, or soloing. Same with WoW. I have not had that fun with AoC, or with CoX. I'm not completely sure why.

I've also cancelled my account pretty much for that reason. I might come back but unfortunately the game just didnt draw me in. Oh well, you cant please everyone, and i think i got my moneys worth out of the earlier part of the month :)

Cryogen on
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It's kind of disappointing that so many people are leaving. I understand why but it still sucks to log in and only see 4 other people in the guild online.

BionicPenguin on
  • Darius BlackDarius Black Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm still going strong, loving the game at 60 (well, almost). At 80 I'm gonig to really get into PvP and just go all out.

Mariuz I know it's hard to catch one of the officers online. They've been getting a bit lazy. I'm going to see what I can do.

Darius Black on
    Quick, quiet, confident
    Comfortable, permanent
    Undisputed, every tense
    Not a trace of what went left
    More equal than the best
    Unparalleled success
    Everybody, V-impressed
  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It's kind of disappointing that so many people are leaving. I understand why but it still sucks to log in and only see 4 other people in the guild online.

The AoC guild was pointless for me, I never grouped with guild members once, and I got to level 65.

Actually I did once, with Defrag at level 30 or something. And he quit early.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    HEY GUYS, LETS ALL POST ABOUT HOW WE AREN'T PLAYING ANYMORE, EVEN THOUGH THOSE WHO ARE DON'T CARE!

It'll be awesome!

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2008
    Sit down in the back seat, son.

Echo on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited June 2008
    Personally, I'd care if a good portion of my userbase is quitting. Especially, if I want the game to still be around a year from now.

Unknown User on
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    HEY GUYS, LETS ALL POST ABOUT HOW WE AREN'T PLAYING ANYMORE, EVEN THOUGH THOSE WHO ARE DON'T CARE!

It'll be awesome!

That's just a bullshit fucking attitude. What makes your posts of how you are playing any more fucking important than a forumer posting who isn't?

It's not like anything is coming here and saying, "This game sucks you all blow!" We were posters in this thread with everyone else and we decided to stop playing, so we posted why.

Go back to the Funcom forums. Trolls are an ethnic majority there.

Figgy on
  • LouieLouie Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

It'll be awesome!

You have prompted me to say: I quit a couple of weeks ago, wasn't the game I was looking for.

Louie on
    camo_sig.png
    Twitter - discolouie PSN - Loupa Steam - Loupa
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I have to agree with the not feeling like an MMO thing. The whole games structure feels like a Diablo without battle.net. I dont care what your retarded arguements for it are, zoning + instances for every zone = impersonally boring. Not seeing the same people and generally just being able to go to a different version of a zone makes the game feel like its optionally multiplayer. And MMOs are too inherantly boring to be entertaining for long without having a strong social aspect.

I liked the classes and combat in this game, but the notion that when I hit a higher level that PVP will be so impersonal because of the multiple versions of a zone and well, the fact there ARE zones just eats away at me. Plus guilds just dont quite feel like guilds. I cant even put my finger on it, but I think the wow example was good. MMOs should work solo, but there should be group options early and often to keep you meeting people. Options is key. You should be ABLE to solo the whole thing, but there should be something thats actually worthwhile to group with. And most of the time, questing in a group while fun, isnt worthwhile.

I kept my sub up way too long. I like randomly logging in to fuck around, but lately when I finally set aside time to do so I get very quickly bored and cant force myself to play. And the term "force" shouldnt even need to be used :(.

I wish I could be excited for WAR but its just wow with a new coat of paint. Sigh :(

Kai_San on
  • JWFokkerJWFokker Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Kai_San wrote: »

I wish I could be excited for WAR but its just wow with a new coat of paint. Sigh :(

LOL WUT?

See, I thought it was supposed to be DAoC 2.0 since it's being made by THE DAOC GUYS.

JWFokker on
    edited June 2008
    You got it all wrong dude. Orcs, elves, humans? Obviously the same game.

Unknown User on
    edited June 2008
    all MMO's ever made are WoW clones

Even the ones that came before WoW

It's true, trust me. I'm from the internet.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
    edited June 2008
    Lord of the Warcraft Online: Age of Conanening Galaxies

Unknown User on
  • King Boo HooKing Boo Hoo Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm usually a big critic. Balance, bugs, crashes, lack of content, forum whining, all those things get me down and I stop playing a MMORPG. Yet I'm still playing this, want to know why?
    Roll a HoX. I don't care if they did just nerf them, I'm still a melee mage with a sword who breathes fire, opens the ground beneath him for more fire, calls down fire from the skies for even more fire, turns his sword flaming for even MORE fire. And god forbid I should run out of fire, I can turn into a fucking demon.

Everything after that is just icing on the cake.

King Boo Hoo on
  • ShensShens Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I am still playing. I just am not looking forward to hitting 80. I am hanging in there to try out guild sieges because that was the biggest draw for me. I don't see how anything else can be more exciting at 80 than that though. The dungeon crawling in this game doesn't appeal to me because it seems even more bland than questing in open areas or noble district farming. I just wish there was something I can look forward to for end game aside from a buggy siege system.

Shens on
    edited June 2008
    Zzulu wrote: »
    all MMO's ever made are WoW clones

Even the ones that came before WoW

It's true, trust me. I'm from the internet.

So true. So true.

I'm usually a big critic. Balance, bugs, crashes, lack of content, forum whining, all those things get me down and I stop playing a MMORPG. Yet I'm still playing this, want to know why?
    Roll a HoX. I don't care if they did just nerf them, I'm still a melee mage with a sword who breathes fire, opens the ground beneath him for more fire, calls down fire from the skies for even more fire, turns his sword flaming for even MORE fire. And god forbid I should run out of fire, I can turn into a fucking demon.

Everything after that is just icing on the cake.

That's awesome. I just wouldn't be able to go through the exact same content for a 6th time in a row. Closed Beta and release combined, that's the amount of characters I brought up to mid-game. (And beyond for a couple)

I don't care if I could roll a class that swings his dick around like a helicopter, sending forth torrents of testicle stench and seminal fluids... the game has lost its appeal for me.

Figgy on
  • CryogenCryogen Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Kai_San wrote: »

You should let yourself get slightly more excited, because you are incorrect in your assessment.

Cryogen on
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I played the beta at gamesday. It felt like wow with knockbacks and PVP taunts/aggro dumps which basically lowered damage on the targets/non targets. AOC was at least unique in that it tried for a different style of combat. WAR seems like a more polished WoW, just like WoW was a more polished EQ.

The unique classes at least interest me somewhat. But I mean having PLAYED what they have now, sans some epic changes it felt like WoW. Call my opinion wrong but thats what I felt and in the end, that is what makes me decide on what I play :D.

Didnt know it was made by Mythic (that was the DAOC guys, right?) but it did not feel anything like that. I mean the UI, skills, and from what I understand even a "talent tree" all screamed wow. I will make attempts to give it a try to find if there is some underlying thing I missed making it different though. Unfortunately I am not knowledgeable/ a fan of the whole warhammer scene like I was Warcraft, so this of course affects things too -_-

Kai_San on
This discussion has been closed.