As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[AoC] No one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not breasts.

1626364656668»

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    robothero wrote: »
    Where has anybody said the game is absolutely perfect the way it is?

I don't think I've ever stated as such.
    "dont worry, they will fix everything this is still a new game just wait they know what they are doing!!!"

Both are awful, but I detest rampant fanboyism that clouds judgement beyond plausability.

Nobody is saying things like this. Nobody. What the people who are arguing with the whiners (like me) have been saying is: "We think they've done a good job so far. Give them a chance."

Whatever the definition of fanboyism is, what we are saying isn't it.

Except you're taking the stance of, "If you don't like the game I like, I don't like you." Someone posts something you don't agree with? Forget just posting your alternate views, call them an idiot at the same time!

That's fanboyism.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Archonex wrote: »
    So wow, this game has some pretty spotty performance. I've got a pretty good system here(quad core, 8800 GT, 4GB RAM) yet I get insane amounts of texture popin constantly. Everywhere I go it's like the environment is being painted on as I go. It's awful and ugly and distracting.

I noticed this too. This might not actually be a bug or performance issue. Make sure your max view range isn't set to the minimum. It was on mine, cranking it up stopped the pop-in.

Even with every single view range slider set to max, I still get horrible, horrible popin. Especially in town.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    So wow, this game has some pretty spotty performance. I've got a pretty good system here(quad core, 8800 GT, 4GB RAM) yet I get insane amounts of texture popin constantly. Everywhere I go it's like the environment is being painted on as I go. It's awful and ugly and distracting.

I noticed this too. This might not actually be a bug or performance issue. Make sure your max view range isn't set to the minimum. It was on mine, cranking it up stopped the pop-in.

Even with every single view range slider set to max, I still get horrible, horrible popin. Especially in town.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=13390

That's a thread that walks you through most of the advanced settings and recommends certain ones. It may help you find the best performance/visuals balance.

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Figgy wrote: »

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=13390

That's a thread that walks you through most of the advanced settings and recommends certain ones. It may help you find the best performance/visuals balance.

Thanks, actually been there already. Didn't help. The problem persists no matter the settings, no matter the resolution. Other aspects of the game's performance are generally acceptable, but the texture pop-in is bad. Really, really bad. As I walk down a street stuff will suddenly blink and get brighter, objects will suddenly appear, and texture quality constantly shifts. Nothing I have tweaked has changed this.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    EvigilantEvigilant VARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

I might be wrong, but I believe those sliders just adjust view distance and not actual distance texture's are rendered. So you could see a wall or person far away, but it won't be texturized until you get closer.

I have the same specs with you, everything cranked up, and I get the texture pop as well. Sometimes, whenever a fatality lands on me, the texture of my player's skin changes to blue/black/lightning and doesn't go away until I either log-off and back on, or if I zone to an area.

I just found out how much I suck at PVP when I'm a lvl 47 necro (reanimation) and I'm being taken down by lvl 37-38 barbarian's. That, or those dudes dish out some massive burst damage.

I'm getting burnt out on the game. I set goals that I would like to accomplish, such as currently it's farming for mat's to sell on the trader window(AH), so I can get enough gold to buy the first mount. However, like every other goal I've set in this game, everytime I reach it I always think, "well, this is great...what next?" I need to wait 5 or more levels before I get something new.

I've noticed that as I get higher in level and it takes more XP to get to that next level, the quests become repetitive and boring. It's essentially go to the other end of the map and kill some mobs to get this one item and bring it back to me so I can send you to the other end and do the same. It feels like there is very little impact on anything I'm accomplishing, or there is no "epic"-ness to the quests. Did conan have to kill 40 wolves in this one area and then 40 soldiers in this other area simply to prove that he was badass?

My single biggest gripe is how, at least for me a Necro(-mancer not -philiac), I don't get any new spells or abilities for 5 levels. So yay, I just hit 47 but oh wait, no new spell or skill, just a feat point and some skill points. Oh, hey I hit 50, wow, all those new spells and abilities. If anything, I think they should've dispersed the skills and spells evenly throughout the levels rather than every 5 you get a huge clump of them.

But I'm enjoying the game for now. We'll see how I fare once I hit 50 and have to grind, at least now, I have quests I can do.

Evigilant on
    XBL\PSN\Steam\Origin: Evigilant
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I think that's a problem with the 80 level cap. It's like they've spread out an acceptable number of "milestones" over 80 levels.

Figgy on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The best way to avoid grinding in its traditional sense is to run the villas from 40 on up. You can do 4 of them pretty easily within a couple hours, you fight mainly humanoids and clear them out getting decent money and green/blue items and when you finish you'll have gotten half a level even at 79. You can do them every 5 hours and killing humanoids is the fun in conan and thats all you do in the villas.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Also with regards to feeling bad ass, in the 60s reading the dialogue options NPCs actually treat you that you've done quite a bit. That's what I liked about conan, you aren't some guy, you're a hero working your way up the ranks. The destiny quest is awesome like that and hell it even gives a story reason for your magical ressurection.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Any patch notes here? I cant sneakily look at the AOC forums, too bright.

warder808 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    King Boo HooKing Boo Hoo Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

I've seen a million posts like your first example and haven't seen anything resembling your second one.

really? because they exist within this very thread
    Fucking finally. I'm tired of the sky-is-falling shit that permeates all AoC forums. The game isn't going to die. You're not going to get to laugh at anyone. The world enjoys it, despite it's bugs, so quit your whining or get the hell out, evidently they don't need your $ as much as you thought.

I'd rather hear about how certain classes are broken than drivel like that.

I didn't really want to get into the middle of this back and forth thing, but...
    That's the first time my posts have been called drivel... :cry::cry::cry:

Anyway, my bruised and battered ego aside:
    The completely negative and retarded posts like "Nerf ____ or im quitting!!11" are useless because devs overlook them. Threads like that rarely garner dozens of pages of replies. More often, someone rationally and informatively writes up a cool-headed post detailing the problems, and that's what gets bumped/supported until it's seen by a dev.

Rabid fanboyism, despite not detailing to devs what they'd like changed, do serve a purpose. For me personally anyway, seeing enough really negative hate and/or whine posts makes me enjoy playing the game less. I'm pretty sure I stopped playing Hellgate London because of the forums. The game had bugs, sure, but it still had some fun gameplay, but the forums were so negative that it really turned me off of the game. I should've stopped reading them, I realize, but I didn't recognize at the time how big an impact it makes. When everyone is jumping around excitedly and happily, it's a lot easier and more natural to do the same, and the reverse is true as well. So when fanboys make posts like "Thank you Funcom, I love this game", even if they have flaws and overlook certain facets, I still click the links so that I can feel better about playing the game and be reminded of all the fun reasons I keep playing.

I also view fanboyism as a resistance force against the rising tide that is the "I want it my way" perspective gamers are starting to take on more and more. I feel like it was only a few years ago that forums were a lot cleaner, and negative posts were usually the ones that warranted it -- crash errors, exploits, etc. If your class wasn't the best, that was actually okay. Nowadays I can't help but feel that most posters believe if they don't have a 50% of better chance against every other class in the game, something is wrong. If there are any bugs, or if the bug they dislike isn't addressed immediately, that it's some kind of travesty that requires caps, profanity, and threats. Maybe I'm just biased, but I feel there used to be less "me me me, whine whine whine" on the forums, and unbeknownst to them, fanboys work to quell that unfortunate attitude.

Lastly, in the case of AoC, I don't think even constructive criticism has much effect. It seems that the changes that come patch to patch are completely uncorrelated to the complaints on the forums. If I remember correctly, no one was whining about assassins but their damage was recently nerfed. Rangers cry their hardest about their inability to hit anything yet other classes are being reviewed first. No one was crying HoX was OP, yet Jayde told HoX's on Friday that after the bug fix, their damage wouldn't be fully restored. I'm not flaming Funcom for doing this per say, just saying that they don't seem to rely on forum input as much as I felt other game companies did. Perhaps they make all their changes based on internal stats on how much damage this spell/attack does relative to other ones or whatnot. It would help explain how random moves get nerfed for classes that should be buffed and vice versa. But that's just my opinion, that they don't focus patches on whatever the community is loudest about. But hey, even if they do, they're certainly not going to base it off of the foaming-at-the-mouth whining threatening hater, they'll base it on the cool-headed intelligent post whose author does research, runs numbers, and then writes a coherent post.

Ugh, god damnit, when did I get into such a habit of writing walls of text :( Sorry

King Boo Hoo on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Update Notes - 2nd of July

Player Classes

Mage
    Tome of Erlik now has effects and sounds.
    Purge now has sound and particle effects associated with it and should now go on the appropriate cooldown. Purge now provides 5 seconds of immunity in addition to removal of effects.
    Misdirection now has received a better visual and should no longer look like a lightning strike.
    Weakened Protection will no longer refresh itself after the player cancels his own Absorb buff.
    Rogue
    Mountaineer, Distraction, and Concealment effects are now innate in the feat and will not take up space in the Rogue's buff window. They will still provide a buff to the Rogue's teammates.
    Distraction will now properly apply to the Rogue's teammates.

Bear Shaman
    Reaper Claws will no longer disappear when you zone.
    Conqueror
    Feint Attack combo animation speed will now scale correctly for both male and female. Now the male and female should do equal damage.
    Necromancer
    The splash damage of the Deathless Acolyte: Magus has been increased from 10% to 30%, with 4 meter range and a maximum of 5 targets
    The Deathless Acolyte: Reaper and Deathless Acolyte: Arcanist now have 30% splash damage with 2 meter range on a single additional target
    The Deathless Acolyte: Arcanist's chance to trigger the Arcanist's Knowledge has been doubled
    The Arcanist's Knowledge effect will now display the current stack count in the buff GUI
    Casting Frost Blast will no longer cause the Necromancer to get stuck in a casting animation
    Flash Freeze now additionally decreases the casting time and increases the damage of Freeze
    Freeze will now clear the target of all Necromancer damage-over-time effects when cast, this will reduce the chance of it breaking accidentally on damage
    Ice Shackle no longer has a chance to break on damage
    The debuff effect applied by Wither Soul should now have the appropriate icon

Combat
    Thrown weapons have had their range increased: Light throwing weapons now have a range of 15 meters, up from 12. Heavy throwing weapons now have a range of 18 meters, up from 16.
    Generic NPC crowd control effects have been tweaked. Resistances from feats and other player effects should now help against NPC crowd control. Stun, knockback, charm, and fear will now grant the player immunity.

Massive PvP
    Battlekeeps now have resurrection points for the attackers, that are located near the front gate of the city.
    Fixed an issue that disabled Siege Weapons if the target was out of range.
    NPC's will properly respawn when a building is repaired.
    Players are now able to use a siege weapon after the player using it has gone linkdead.
    Players now get a notification when they are about to get teleported out during a Massive PvP battle.
    Damaged playerbuilt curved walls now have correct collision so they can not be walked through before they are completely destroyed.
    Lacheish Plains: Several holes have been closed in the West Battlekeep so players can no longer bypass the walls there.
    Poitain: Several holes have been closed in the West, South and East Battlekeeps so players can no longer bypass the walls there.

Mounts
    Moving around while mounted should now correctly interrupt spell-casting.

Items
    Fixed a tooltip error on the crossbow Skysmite causing the bonuses to be illegible.
    The recipe for Steelsilk Belt has been changed to Fine Steelsilk Belt.
    The recipe for Steelsilk Leggings has been changed to Fine Steelsilk Leggings.
    Selling a gemmed item to a shop and undoing the sale will no longer remove the gems.

Playfields

Armsmans Arena
    Doors should no longer be targetable in the Arena.
    Fixed an issue where players managed to get locked inside the monster cages in the Arena. You should now be able to get out using the Lever.
    Lacheish Plains
    all the levers for each door in Stonehammer battlekeep should now work properly.

Tradeskills
    A progress bar will appear whenever gemcutting is performed.
    Crafted armor pieces no longer incorrectly have more defense rating than normal pieces of armor.
    Resolved a level check for the response to give when character is below level 70 and tries to learn gathering Oak.
    The Weaponsmith workshop plan can now be correctly learned from the Architect trainer.
    Blue Iron can again be mined from the correct mineral veins.

Quests
    Stonecutter Trainer: Fixed a dialogue issue so the trainer will now accept Basalt and Adamant to resolve the quest.
    Cannibal Commotion: Fixed an issue where Attadeus would become stuck and not allow you to update the quest.
    The Bearer of Ill Tidings: The Field of the Dead quest "The Bearer of Ill Tidings" and "Allies of the White Hand" are now level 48.
    The Den of Wolves: The goal name was changed from "The Den of Wolves" to "Kill Plains Wolves".
    The Wolf Hunt: The goal name was changed from "The Wolf Hunt" to "Kill Yukagi Wolves".
    Death to the Undead: The goal name was changed from "Death to the Undead" to "Destroy Conriocht werewolves in the Haunted Forest".
    Greater Prey: The goal name was changed from "Greater Prey" to "Kill werewolf Rippers, Antagonizer, Slasher and Slicers".
    The Curse of the Werewolves: The goal name was changed from "The Curse of the Werewolves" to "Kill Conriocht Menaces, Slayers and Goremuzzles".
    Fit for a Chieftain: You will now correctly receives the item 'Fur of Bloodclaw' in the quest inventory.
    Attack of the Savages: An issue where the goal text was not clear has been changed to "Kill Raiders at the Guard Post".
    Castle of King Conan: Pallantides now doesn't display an exclamation mark over his head unless you can get the quest from him.
    Tortage: Renton should now have one coherent look as opposed to changing look between quests.
    Paetus & the Nemedian Crown III: Gavion now gives the player the map and letter back when he ask the player to go talk to King Conan about this treason. Players will need to delete their old quest "Paetus & the Nemedian Crown III" and speak with Gavion again to continue this quest line.
    Lusts of the Flesh: You now get a cask of Tainted Ale to give to Tuthmekri. Players who want to finish this quest will have to delete it from their quest journal and get it again.
    Master of the Silver Peacock: Vistrix now finaly gives in and surrender his teeth on defeat. You are now able to complete this quest, and thereby advance to The Black Ring Citadel.
    Alchemy quests: The dialogues with the Alchemy trainer should now all work correctly and give and complete the needed quests.
    Master of the silver peacock - Vistrix now finally gives in and surrender his teeth on defeat. You are now able to complete this quest, and thereby advance to The Black Ring Citadel.
    Common Gems II - Return to the Gemcutter: The quest can now be completed by handing over the needed gems to the trainer.
    Tear 2 gathering quest - Return the Illustrium: The quest can now be completed by handing over the illustrium to the trainer.
    Woodcutter quest: Players will now be able to get the 'Gathering Oak' quest when having the correct level.

NPC
    Tarantia Noble: Zhu-Khang no longer has flickering clothing.
    Armsman's Tavern: Sarissa's upper chest should no longer go through her dress.
    Tortage Jungle: Poacher Marksman should no longer shoot invisible arrows at players.
    Eiglophian Mountains: Added two vendors to the Mountain Hunting Lodge.
    Conall's Valley: The Gravesinger now has an improved look that fits more with the description of him.
    Conalls Valley: Supply Master Vorgir has been given a slight makeover and should look better now.
    Tortage Underhalls Day: NPCs will now respawn slightly quicker than before.
    Lacheish Plains: Tiggle Knucklebone has been removed from the playfield to stop players from confusing him as a Trader.
    NPCs will no longer inappropriately recieve player buffs such as Lotus Overload, Blood Pit, Embrace Death, Overpower, and Pact of Dread.
    Vendor bought resources have been reduced in price.
    Sanctum of the Burning Souls: It is now possible to spawn the Dark Beast boss just by interacting with the Sacrificial Altar while holding a Ritual Chalice. The specific quest requirement has been removed.

Localization
    French: Many of dialogues that were still in English have been translated.
    all languages: All Feats, Special Abilities, Skills, Spells and Combos have been reviewed are now fully and consistently translated.

General
    Updated/improved descriptions of following abilities/feats/combos: >From the Darkness, Overpower, Blood Rage Stance, Secondary Laceration, Crippling Bloodbath (Crippling Bloody Hack), Improved Inspire, Focus, Burning Vigor, Covenant of Invulnerability III,
    Focus, "Secondary Laceration" changed to "Conquest"
    Players will now be able to exit Dance state while in combat.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Hruka love your post but the whining has been there since EQ (hell could have been there in UO never played that).

I remember specifically rangers not being the greatest in EQ but their legendary bitching had one decidedly not positive aspect. The player based believed it! People had heard rangers sucked so bad no one wanted a ranger in their group, despite them having some decent abilities. It was hilarious.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited July 2008
    Hruka I wasn't trying to single out you, just people who talk like that. I've seen you post much less unsavory things so I'll give you a get out of jail free card.

...this time

Unknown User on
  • Options
    King Boo HooKing Boo Hoo Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hruka I wasn't trying to single out you, just people who talk like that. I've seen you post much less unsavory things so I'll give you a get out of jail free card.

...this time

Appreciated! :o I know I can be a whiny little bitch at times. We all have our bad days and I'm not particularly good with impulse control during mine. :oops:

King Boo Hoo on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

I love this game.....

I don't understand why they even put this in the patch notes all it does is anger people. They really need to fix the damn game and add content, and now that they have gotten down to one patch a week it really is quite lacking.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008

I love this game.....

I don't understand why they even put this in the patch notes all it does is anger people. They really need to fix the damn game and add content, and now that they have gotten down to one patch a week it really is quite lacking.

Yes because they fixed one minor thing and put it in the patch notes the game is going down the tubes. Let me guess you were upset about the patch that said don't dance near cliffs?

This is just the first patch since they went to once a week, its only 2 days later then the monday patch (and probably was supposed to be the monday patch). I did not expect big things, as it is they are fixing a lot of things, it just takes time. It's not like they intend for bugs and client crashes to be in their code.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I don't know if it can do anything about pop-in, but there's a plugin out there that enables a lot of the game's hidden video settings. You could try that.

Zek on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Preacher wrote: »

I love this game.....

Yes because they fixed one minor thing and put it in the patch notes the game is going down the tubes. Let me guess you were upset about the patch that said don't dance near cliffs?

This is just the first patch since they went to once a week, its only 2 days later then the monday patch (and probably was supposed to be the monday patch). I did not expect big things, as it is they are fixing a lot of things, it just takes time. It's not like they intend for bugs and client crashes to be in their code.

There are some retarded inclusions in patches and yet huge, important changes aren't documented.

For example, they finally fixed the alchemy drops so you can actually use the profession, yet the change is not in the patch notes.

If they included things people wanted to see (like the alchemy change) there would be less crying each patch day.

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    An example of how Fanboys ruin the official forums:

There's a thread there now where some guy posted about his horse being gone when he logged in. He petitioned a GM and was told nothing could be done. The poster says he is canceling because of the support he received.

Here are some of the "gem" responses he received:

"Looks like we lost a horse and a jackass on the same day."

"WAaaaa someone took my pretty pony away!"

"Care for a bottle of glue?"

The guy had a legitimate issue and was obviously upset: mounts are fucking expensive as hell in AOC and he lost his because of the patch (apparently). In rolls the fanboy brigade to belittle anyone that has a complaint about the game, legitimate or not.

In no way is that constructive for anyone: developer or player.

Figgy on
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    What were the players supposed to do, fucking get a pool going and buy him a new horse? The GM said he couldn't do anything, so bug report it, maybe mail tech support, and then move on. Or quit because a virtual animal was that important.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    What were the players supposed to do, fucking get a pool going and buy him a new horse? The GM said he couldn't do anything, so bug report it, maybe mail tech support, and then move on. Or quit because a virtual animal was that important.

Well, in this case either it's Funcom's customer service being terrible for refusing to reimburse items that poof due to bugs, or the devs being terrible for not implementing any way to verify that. It's a perfectly valid complaint. Given the number of bugs that are introduced, it's extremely important that they be capable of doing damage control.

Zek on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Was one of those posters you?

He merely wanted to share a negative experience with the game, but that can't happen or else retarded responses will follow. Had that been a post about how his new mount was great, I'm sure there would have been nothing but good cheer and merriment!

What the fuck are forums for then? If you've not got anything nice to say you should just shut your mouth?

And don't act like he was mad about losing a "virtual animal." Your logic could be applied to someone who lost an entire character just as easily... what's the difference? I'm sure you wouldn't be angry at all. Nope.

Figgy on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    This thread needs to be closed and some brave soul needs to make the next AoC thread

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Preacher wrote: »

I love this game.....

There are some retarded inclusions in patches and yet huge, important changes aren't documented.

For example, they finally fixed the alchemy drops so you can actually use the profession, yet the change is not in the patch notes.

If they included things people wanted to see (like the alchemy change) there would be less crying each patch day.

This is what I meant, they leave out stuff like nerfing abilities (I don't care for any ways) BUT they include random crap that no body really even cares about.

It says a lot about the company when you have to read the undocumented changes just to see what has actually changed.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    So I'm starting to enjoy this game quite a bit. Is the PA guild on Thog active? I wanna join.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    JackanapesJackanapes Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Question: I live next door to my bro, and his girlfriend recently picked him up a copy of AoC. As we've played all the big MMOs together, he's now insisting I join him - tempting me with this friend key of his.

Can I upgrade the friend key into a full account? Without having to buy the game? Or do I actually have to go and buy an entire copy of the game myself? Im assuming that I *will* have to fork out money just to get a proper product key (as we did with LotRo), because the Eve model still hasnt caught on. *mutter*

Can anyone confirm this or no?

Jackanapes on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Jackanapes wrote: »
    Question: I live next door to my bro, and his girlfriend recently picked him up a copy of AoC. As we've played all the big MMOs together, he's now insisting I join him - tempting me with this friend key of his.

Can I upgrade the friend key into a full account? Without having to buy the game? Or do I actually have to go and buy an entire copy of the game myself? Im assuming that I *will* have to fork out money just to get a proper product key (as we did with LotRo), because the Eve model still hasnt caught on. *mutter*

I can confirm that you will need to buy the game. I can also confirm that friend keys are not enabled yet.

That'd be pretty silly to just lose out on box sales when the game is first released by letting friend codes skip the retail purchase.

Figgy on
  • Options
    JackanapesJackanapes Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

I can confirm that you will need to buy the game. I can also confirm that friend keys are not enabled yet.

That'd be pretty silly to just lose out on box sales when the game is first released by letting friend codes skip the retail purchase.

Works fine for Eve. Im just getting tired of companies deliberately not taking advantage of the internet so as to take more of my money. For gods sake, its an MMO - youre already making enough money!

Ill go and pick up a copy this weekend, I guess.

Jackanapes on
  • Options
    LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Are you serious? How about not act like a bunch of twats. He didn't lose a virtual animal. He lost hours and hours of his progress to grind the cash to get the horse. I'd be pissed, and would not expect to be mocked for posting about it on the forums. Hell, it's pretty much the same as if you logged in and realised you'd just lost 20 levels over night. "Oh no, you're whining over some virtual numbers? What a loser".

Lly on
  • Options
    DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Jackanapes wrote: »

most (or all) MMO's that have buddy codes still require the buddies to buy the full game after the code expires. Really, by not giving us friend codes when the game was released, they probably lost a *lot* of potential staying power for this game. One of the major points to playing an mmo is to play with friends... so not enabling friend codes or free trials does two things - it makes some people get bored of the game more quickly because they can't talk their friends into buying the full game to play with them, and it makes the game miss out on potential new subscribers these friends could have been.

I know I'm in this group. I actually enjoyed the game, and might have bought it if friend codes worked so I could play with my GF. Instead, I played the field and wound up in Vanguard, which gives you ten buddy keys when you buy it =d

DiscoZombie on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    wait, the friend keys still don't work?

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    wait, the friend keys still don't work?

On the big list of things to do I think its a small priority because you don't want to invite people to play a game with bugs, it'd be like a bad demo no matter how good the full game is no one is going to want to pay for it.

Locked we have a group of 5 or 6 who are on most days in the thog guild if you want send valerind a tell tonight and I'll invite you up.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Sucks for all those people who ordered CE for that reason specifically.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Darius BlackDarius Black Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Lly wrote: »

Are you serious? How about not act like a bunch of twats. He didn't lose a virtual animal. He lost hours and hours of his progress to grind the cash to get the horse. I'd be pissed, and would not expect to be mocked for posting about it on the forums. Hell, it's pretty much the same as if you logged in and realised you'd just lost 20 levels over night. "Oh no, you're whining over some virtual numbers? What a loser".

That really is a shitty thing to happen and a bunch of really shitty attitudes and replies. I would have pitched into the pool - hell, now that I have the cash I would have bought the guy a new horse myself.

Someone link me to that thread...

Darius Black on
    Quick, quiet, confident
    Comfortable, permanent
    Undisputed, every tense
    Not a trace of what went left
    More equal than the best
    Unparalleled success
    Everybody, V-impressed
  • Options
    LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    oi. new thread is thattaway. Glad you agree though. ;) humanity still exists.

Lly on
This discussion has been closed.