As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[AoC] No one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not breasts.

• suadeosuadeo Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Tav wrote: »
    suadeo wrote: »
    GalactusGo wrote: »
    Is anyone running this on a Macbook Pro? My mbp is 2 gigs ram 2.2 core duo...really want to play this but whether or not im going to have a playable experience performance wise is worrying me.

I have a late 2007 iMac with these specs:

Core 2 Duo 2.4ghz
    4g of RAM (Still need to find out why windows is only seeing 3)
    ATI Mobility Raedon HD 2600 XT 256M RAM

I run at an average of 30-50fps on low settings with a lot of texture pop in. Even at the low settings, the game looks great.

32bit OSs can't use more then 3.25 gigs of RAM.

Oh, I learned something today. :^:

suadeo on
    Valseki.png
    My 360 is [strike]back[/strike] [strike]bricked[/strike] back! :D
  • Thor1590Thor1590 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Heads up for fellow Bear Shaman: don't get Manifestation: Rabies. Waste of feat points. Also, is Manifestation: Regrowth good?

Thor1590 on
  • mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Hey, so what's an easy class to level through Tortage? I'm getting tired of dying on my ToS---things got better after 15, yes, but now they got shitty again. It doesn't help that I have to these shitty quests to leave this stupid place.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    ToS is one of the better classes for leveling

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
    edited May 2008
    That's fucked up then. I can barely take down two my level---and that's only if I get the first shot in or don't get a resist or get fucked up by lag......... And I assume it gets harder after Tortage?

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2008
    I had no issues killing 2 with my ToS at lower levels. Equipped a shield, put on my heal, used quicksand, and just nuked them down

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • CryogenCryogen Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    fodderboy wrote: »
    I've got two machines that will definitely be low end for this game:

Laptop - Core 2 Duo 2gig, 3gig ram, and a Geforce 7950.

Desktop - AMD X2 3800 , 2 gig, ATI 1950 512MB.

nothing great, hopefully runable.

My desktop is similar to yours, except single core cpu and ati x1800xtx, it runs alright on low settings. This is at 1920x1200 res, because i'm on a 24" monitor. Having said that i plan to upgrade my gfx card this week, because on low settings the texture pop-in is kind of annoying.

Cryogen on
    edited May 2008
    I've never found quicksand to be useful. It breaks on hit and doesn't last long enough for me to get any distance.

Of course, this could just be because of my shitty framerate.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • In Starscream We TrustIn Starscream We Trust Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    usually what I did was use quicksand to buy myself some time. Quicksand, step just out of melee range, and fire off Healing Lotus then life of Set, and revitilizing jolt when necessary. Should be more than enough to keep you alive when fighting 2 mobs.

In Starscream We Trust on
    tf2_sig.png
    9dominations-1.jpg
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited May 2008
    That's fucked up then. I can barely take down two my level---and that's only if I get the first shot in or don't get a resist or get fucked up by lag......... And I assume it gets harder after Tortage?

what are you doing? I'm usually taking on 2-4 mobs of even or slightly higher level with no problems at all.

Unknown User on
  • FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Broodax Imperiate, moar liek Bear Shaman Imperiate, amirite?

(srsly like 1/3 the guild list online atm is bear shaman)

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • CryogenCryogen Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So theres a lot of talk in this (and the last) thread about most classes (especially Bear Shaman and ToS's) but virtually none about others. Does anyone have anything to say about PoM's, Guardians, Conquerors? I started a guardian to test some settings last night, but its far too early to know anything about the class for me.

Cryogen on
    edited May 2008
    I hear they're all good classes (the ones you listed) in both PvE and PvP

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • codechinocodechino Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    PoM's are really good. Lots of utility, heals, good damage. Pretty easy to level since you can take care of most things yourself.

only other class I've gotten past tortage is demonologist, which is just a horror story.

codechino on
    edited May 2008
    robothero wrote: »

what are you doing? I'm usually taking on 2-4 mobs of even or slightly higher level with no problems at all.

I start off with Lightning Strike, then Charged Blast, then once the enemies get to me, I use Healing Lotus and Life of Set to try and mitigate the first burst of damage somewhat. I then alternate Lightning Strike/Charged Blast until my life hits about half, at which time I use Vitalizing Jolt.

I try and make sure I keep up the HoT effects as best I can, but if my life is dropping too fast I just try to Lightning Strike/Charged Blast them down hoping to kill them before they kill me.

Note that I'm doing a quest in Tortage that involves going into the keep. So perhaps that is making things a bit more difficult?

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Voro wrote: »
    logothesia wrote: »
    On my ToS, I removed the 1, 2, and 3 hit buttons and replaced them with spells. I turned on the combat rose and just click attacks when I want to finish things off in melee.

Tip: There's a button you can hold, I think it's alt (left alt if that matters), and it'll show combat bar #0. It has the three melee directions if you need them. Not sure if you can add to that, but it's handy in a pinch.

Has anyone figured out how to rebind this? Alt is really hard to hold while trying to press a key and strafe at the same time. It would be nice if I could switch this so it's a toggle, rather a hold.

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Voro wrote: »
    logothesia wrote: »
    On my ToS, I removed the 1, 2, and 3 hit buttons and replaced them with spells. I turned on the combat rose and just click attacks when I want to finish things off in melee.

Tip: There's a button you can hold, I think it's alt (left alt if that matters), and it'll show combat bar #0. It has the three melee directions if you need them. Not sure if you can add to that, but it's handy in a pinch.

Has anyone figured out how to rebind this? Alt is really hard to hold while trying to press a key and strafe at the same time. It would be nice if I could switch this so it's a toggle, rather a hold.

I donno about remapping it... but in Open Beta I moved all the attack keys off my first bar and put them on my 'alt' bar... I would cast spells from the front bar (1-5) and put all my buffs on the unbindable bar, then if I wanted to swing I just hit alt-1, alt-2, alt-3. Perhaps I would need better access to those if I had been spellweaving... but we were limited to level 13 (and then 20 for a very short time) so no spellweaving.

Speaking of which, do we have any casters high enough to do spellweaving yet? I would love to hear someones impressions, or a story of how they ransacked and entire village or something.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I've never found quicksand to be useful. It breaks on hit and doesn't last long enough for me to get any distance.

Of course, this could just be because of my shitty framerate.

I typically would (if I had the ability to pull) cast Lightning, and pop a quicksand right in front of me for after thats done, it would catch them about halfway and I could pump out another lightning easilly, and prolly follow up with a charged before they get to me. Its not huge, but it adds a little bit of time.

Otherwise you best just spam lightning, and yeah, if you get caught off guard use quicksand to get those heals up and you should be fine.

Remember also to melee enemies close to death rather than lightning, cause that extra second you save could keep you alive.

For the record, at least up till 15 which my ToS is, charged bolt sucks ass. Its just a weaker lightning with a long cd that comes out quick. Not really worth it imo, if you spam lightning you do way more damage. Its good for a finisher but sometimes melee is just more effective at that.

Kai_San on
    edited May 2008
    Looks like funcom has already started banning the first batch of exploiters and cheaters

I think that is pretty great

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I find myself in full agreement.

I wonder how they'll treat the gold farmer population.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yo guys. I'm heading home from work in about 15 minutes. I'll be online in about an hour and a half. Who do I talk to ingame to arrange for a guild invite?

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Before I spend money on this game I want to know if it'll look like crap on my computer or not.

I have an Athalon 64 3200+, 2 gigs ram, and geforce 7600gt. This meets the minimum requirements as near as I can tell, but I've heard that kind of rig will give you very low fps, especially in multiplayer. Is anyone playing this with similar specs as mine?

Yougottawanna on
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Cryogen wrote: »
    So theres a lot of talk in this (and the last) thread about most classes (especially Bear Shaman and ToS's) but virtually none about others. Does anyone have anything to say about PoM's, Guardians, Conquerors? I started a guardian to test some settings last night, but its far too early to know anything about the class for me.

A kid I know is playing Guardian and loves it. His survival rate is extremely high, and he's even playing on his laptop, which averages around 2fps.

A friend is playing Conqueror, and so far loves it as well.

Really, all the Soldier classes are excellent, from what I've read. It's the Mages which seem to have gotten the short end of the stick right now.

Shamus on
  • Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Photon wrote: »
    warder808 wrote: »
    At what level do you find potions, or can you buy them. So far I’ve only found different drinks that restore health or mana over time. That is the only weakness I saw with this class no healing. But now that I got the Defensive stance, I can survive a lot better against multiple mobs.

The only place for potions i have found is in the ruins place near tortage (i forget the name :() there is a merchant guy near the entrance who will trade you some potions for 5 leather whips, which are found on the enemies in that area.

At the nighttime version of the thirsty dog inn, there is a merchant named butterfly. She sells all 3 kinds of potions as well as a 4 slot bag (50 C) and a 10 slot bag (10 S).

She's only there in the nighttime version.

Niceguy Myeye on
  • Darkblade_1Darkblade_1 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    Guardian is very satisfying

Darkblade_1 on
    iveseenvivstits.gif
    You're drawn to my eccentric Brawl Code: 4596 9143 4529
  • DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Before I spend money on this game I want to know if it'll look like crap on my computer or not.

I have an Athalon 64 3200+, 2 gigs ram, and geforce 7600gt. This meets the minimum requirements as near as I can tell, but I've heard that kind of rig will give you very low fps, especially in multiplayer. Is anyone playing this with similar specs as mine?

This is almost the exact same setup I used in the open beta (except I have SLI'd 7600 GT's) and I had between 20 and 40 fps on low. I've got an athlon X2 and 2 more gigs of ram on the way. Though I haven't been able to run the game since the beta, I've heard that it runs much better than it did then, and I'm going to try it out with my old system for a couple hours, before installing my new components and trying it out again, to see what kind of performance I get. Hopefully it's fairly significant.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So...

My friend and I patched tonight, everything is great. His wife, however, went to run the patcher, and it told her that she needed 7.2 GB to patch.

We had her uninstall and reinstall the game.

Now it won't patch at all.

Anyone had this happen?

DietarySupplement on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I had a level 14 DT taking on multiple level 17 mobs at once. So i'm pretty impressed with his abilities. My assassin isn't so lucky. I'm still not getting much interaction. The one time I did get into a party I went to where everyone said they were and no one was there. I guess we weren't in the same instance of white sands. That's a huge bummer.

I want to play with people :(

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Whiniest Man On EarthWhiniest Man On Earth Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So, Edward, why didn't you just switch instances?

Also, Jesus H Christ preorder cards are INSANE on ebay right now.

Whiniest Man On Earth on
    edited May 2008
    So...

My friend and I patched tonight, everything is great. His wife, however, went to run the patcher, and it told her that she needed 7.2 GB to patch.

We had her uninstall and reinstall the game.

Now it won't patch at all.

Anyone had this happen?

Do a verify of the install from the updater. Click "settings"

Whiniest Man On Earth on
    edited May 2008
    So how's the in game economy? Using the Trader in Tortage provided a lot of things that were absolutely worthless. Oh and it looks like some nice mods are on the horizon.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2008
    defrag wrote: »

No one in my party knew how to do that. Also

I am so pumped to sell that Mammoth. I no longer dislike this game as it will soon be paying me to play it :lol:

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2008
    defrag wrote: »

No one in my party knew how to do that. Also

I am so pumped to sell that Mammoth. I no longer dislike this game as it will soon be paying me to play it :lol:

Click the arrow next to the map.

Whiniest Man On Earth on
    edited May 2008

Mine's pretty similar to yours, except I have an Athlon 64 3800+, 7100 GT, and 4Gigs of RAM, and for me, even on fairly low settings, it runs pretty bad, like 6-8 FPS bad. At night in Tortage I can occasionally get up to 20, but that's exceptionally rare.

It's bad enough that I decided to go ahead and invest in an 8800GT.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2008
    Woo! Since the patch, I've started to get some sweet BSODs!

Whiniest Man On Earth on
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    geez.

Ive got an extra Mammoth code... Not sure if I should just give it away now...

So apparently the official report from Funcom is that Age of Conan has 400k subscribers in its first week.

Not surprising from all the talk ive been hearing.

ManetherenWolf on
    edited May 2008
    If you give me your Mammoth code, I will send you so many virgins. And so much love for not having to buy one from an ebay scalper.

Whiniest Man On Earth on
  • polaris314polaris314 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Ok, so I patched and fired up the game after getting home from work, and I'm happy to say I've seen quite a performance boost. Still can't use SM3, though. I am this close to truly being able to enjoy this game. I haven't spent much time trying to figure out the chat/social system at all, but I haven't been able to find the Stormrage guild in the search. Guess I'll just have to wait till I can get ahold of an officer. If anyone wants to add me to their buddy list, my Conquerer is Varaxa and my Barbarian is Vark. Look forward to adventuring with you folks!

polaris314 on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL/PSN-Polaris314/Twitter/DJ P0LARI5
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Unbelievable, my petition finally got through after almost a week of waiting and re-submitting and they deleted it because I wasn't online. I had to resubmit again and now I'm #116 in line. All I'm asking is to be given my L30 destiny quest. When the 26-petition queue takes 12+ hours to complete, how can they possibly expect me to be there at exactly the right time? Funcom's customer service is absolutely retarded.

Zek on
  • DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I upgraded to a new motherboard and CPU and the game runs beautifully in high settings <3
    demiurgepicture000hf7.jpg

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
This discussion has been closed.