As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[AoC] No one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not breasts.

• CryogenCryogen Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Demiurge wrote: »
    I upgraded to a new motherboard and CPU and the game runs beautifully in high settings <3
    snip

Fuck. I've been convincing myself all day that i dont really need an upgrade, and you go and post images like that. Thanks. Thanks a lot.

Cryogen on
  • AplombAplomb Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    suadeo wrote: »
    GalactusGo wrote: »
    Is anyone running this on a Macbook Pro? My mbp is 2 gigs ram 2.2 core duo...really want to play this but whether or not im going to have a playable experience performance wise is worrying me.

I have a late 2007 iMac with these specs:

Core 2 Duo 2.4ghz
    4g of RAM (Still need to find out why windows is only seeing 3)
    ATI Mobility Raedon HD 2600 XT 256M RAM

I run at an average of 30-50fps on low settings with a lot of texture pop in. Even at the low settings, the game looks great.

I have the same iMac (but only 3g of Ram) and have a great tip for you and anyone else running a similar 2007 aluminum iMac under bootcamp. Everyone else can move on, this doesn't concern you.

Bootcamp installs the wrong driver. The graphics set on the 2007 2.4ghz Core 2 Duo iMacs is actually ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro with 256 MB RAM, not the Mobility XT. Google it if you don't trust me and need confirmation, like for example here.

It's basically impossible to have Windows correct the problem or properly update the driver through the ordinary Windows update stuff or even if you go into device manager and try to update it. Somehow Bootcamp fools Windows into thinking it is a different graphics chipset.

So you have to change out the driver manually. You can Google how to do that. If you have Vista, I found this Youtube clip where some helpful Brit walks you through exactly what to do here. If you have XP, the only difference is a couple of the interface commands but I'm sure you will be able to translate.

Updating to the correct driver has given me about 15 extra fps consistently. Seeing as how I was lucky to get 15 fps in the first place (unless I went lowest possible graphics), that is huge! With the new patch today, I was running on high, with shadows off and a couple of other tweaks, and averaging about 40 fps, sometimes hitting the 60s in dungeons and the like, and very rarely dropping below 20 when entering crowded cities.

Aplomb on
  • CelethangCelethang Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Zek wrote: »
    Unbelievable, my petition finally got through after almost a week of waiting and re-submitting and they deleted it because I wasn't online. I had to resubmit again and now I'm #116 in line. All I'm asking is to be given my L30 destiny quest. When the 26-petition queue takes 12+ hours to complete, how can they possibly expect me to be there at exactly the right time? Funcom's customer service is absolutely retarded.

I can sympathize all too well with this, I got screwed out of my level 30 quest as well and haven't gotten my petition answered when I was actually online >.<

Pain in the ass.

Celethang on
  • Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Something in this picture is a little ... weird.... can you guess what it is?
    Broseph_picture071.jpg

hint:
    It's a giant god mans looking at his hand, or he's pushing the sun back, I can't really tell.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Or he's doing shadow puppets.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    the iron giant wants to have a word with conan, or

"I didn't know that spell summoned c'thulu"

kaleedity on
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Anyone know of any that got banned or had gold taken away for using exploits?

Just saw that Funcom is going after such people finally.

Also seems a lot of people are not happy that certain emotes and swearing has been removed from the game, never saw/heard those so I'm wondering whats going on there.

Cade on
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Anyone know what you toggle to have wounds show up on the stuff you fight? One of the guys in the last thread had a screen shot of an ape he killed that had blood and cut marks from where it was hit all over.

I've had a look through the options, but I can't find it.

Edit: Like this.

amodius01fl5.th.png

Or is that just the gorilla's model?

Kelor on
  • LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Photon wrote: »
    warder808 wrote: »
    At what level do you find potions, or can you buy them. So far I’ve only found different drinks that restore health or mana over time. That is the only weakness I saw with this class no healing. But now that I got the Defensive stance, I can survive a lot better against multiple mobs.

The only place for potions i have found is in the ruins place near tortage (i forget the name :() there is a merchant guy near the entrance who will trade you some potions for 5 leather whips, which are found on the enemies in that area.

At the nighttime version of the thirsty dog inn, there is a merchant named butterfly. She sells all 3 kinds of potions as well as a 4 slot bag (50 C) and a 10 slot bag (10 S).

She's only there in the nighttime version.

You can buy bags?! God this game is making me feel like a total newbie recently, which is something i love about it.

Also conquerors are fun, to whoever asked about it. They do decent damage, have group buffs (which i have yet to test how effective they are) and look goddamn sexy in their high level armour.

Lly on
  • zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Wow, they sure did nerf the crap out of Conquerors today. Two-Handed Master feat is down from +11 damage to +4, the reuse timer on Hail of Furious Strikes doubled, and Incite the Ranks now adds a whopping +1.6 damage at level 31.

On the bright side, AoC no longer fires an error while exiting. Hooray!

zilo on
    edited May 2008
    zilo wrote: »
    Wow, they sure did nerf the crap out of Conquerors today. Two-Handed Master feat is down from +11 damage to +4, the reuse timer on Hail of Furious Strikes doubled, and Incite the Ranks now adds a whopping +1.6 damage at level 31.

On the bright side, AoC no longer fires an error while exiting. Hooray!

Aaah what the fuck?

Lly on
  • zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It's really not as bad as it sounds. It's a large-ish nerf to low level Conqs but it's not like they're useless now.

zilo on
  • EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It would also seem that Traders and such are back in, which is wonderful to know.

Endomatic on
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, time to go financing

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Rodent242Rodent242 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Endomatic wrote: »
    It would also seem that Traders and such are back in, which is wonderful to know.

And not a minute to soon, while I truly enjoy my drinking capes, I don't want to stare at it all the time on all my alts. Thank you Mr Trader for holding on to my free boozefest until I feel the urge comming on.

Rodent242 on
    LIVE: Nitzer 24 , CO: @Rodent, Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Rodent242/
    edited May 2008
    I got a nice blue Talisman to sell, got it before I finished the Destiny Quest only what do they list that under in AH's? I saw nothing that said Talisman.

Need to try and figure out a decent price for it too.

Cade on
  • FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Kelor wrote: »
    Anyone know what you toggle to have wounds show up on the stuff you fight? One of the guys in the last thread had a screen shot of an ape he killed that had blood and cut marks from where it was hit all over.

I've had a look through the options, but I can't find it.

It was probably the giant boss ape on White Sands which has a model that is already all cut/scarred up.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • NorayNoray Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So apparently my computer crashes when I join a group in this game. The screen just turns black and it won't do anything at all. Fantastic. I should probably update my video drivers (I use Nvidia). This is my first technical issue with the game.

Noray on
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Ok im really confused. The Xbox version? What is it? Does it exist? Is it online?

Prohass on
  • DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    To all those that suggested the GeForce 8800GT to me,

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy shit did that card shoot up my performance from my Radeon x1650. I went from things on about medium and getting 12 frames / second, less when I went to the harbor when it was foggy to a solid 35FPS in the most cluttered special effects ridden scene I could get with everything on high and maxed out.

I don't see texture pop-in once I've been in the game for more then 30s. SUCH a huge improvement. This game got better when it ran smoothly at everything on high, and I loved it before. I am now rocking the level 16 ToS!

And I ahve figured out a use for Sandtrap. It's pretty useful with Solo bosses. I did this at the volcano. I started casting the Lighting Storm, and while casting I click Sandtrap and put it about halfway between me and the boss. As soon as the Lighting hits, I click down Sandtrap, it procs when he is right int he middle. I can get off another 1.5Lighting Storms in the time it takes for that to break and for him to finish his run to me.

As soon as he gets near me, I use that Snake Stun spell, and I lightining strike him a couple more times. All in all, a boss my level gets killed after hitting me only twice. SO awesome.

DrunkMc on
  • Mr ObersmithMr Obersmith Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Granted my HoX is only 14, but, does anyone have any idea how spellweaving will work for a HoX since it seems to be (so far) a close-range/melee class? Can spellweaving be interrupted like other casting abilities?

Mr Obersmith on
    Battle.net - Obersmith#1709
    Live - MrObersmith
    PSN - Obersmith
    edited May 2008
    Noray wrote: »
    So apparently my computer crashes when I join a group in this game. The screen just turns black and it won't do anything at all. Fantastic. I should probably update my video drivers (I use Nvidia). This is my first technical issue with the game.

I did that last night and my pc stopped working! I am hoping it was just tired and will be fine when i get home tonight, otherwise D:D:D:

Lly on
  • ScroffusScroffus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Traders are going to be nice, I can finally bank that picture of a parott i got from some quest and have a search for some matching armour.

I found a cool looking armour the other night and was thinking about selling it but ended up just vendoring it since I thought the traders would be ages away (the joy of being on a RP server and having a market for RP gear).

Scroffus on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm starting to think that my conqueror kinda sucks.

Tav on
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008

I had this problem once. Alt-tabbing out and then back in resolved it, and it hasn't happened since.

DietarySupplement on
  • BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Scroffus wrote: »
    Traders are going to be nice, I can finally bank that picture of a parott i got from some quest and have a search for some matching armour.

I found a cool looking armour the other night and was thinking about selling it but ended up just vendoring it since I thought the traders would be ages away (the joy of being on a RP server and having a market for RP gear).
    the hell is that parrot painting for? i just sold it right away because currently i have 0 use and it was taking up space in my bag....also, i have some key that i got from the dude who removes your shackles but i dont know what to do with it and i can't even sell it, booo

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    stupid official forums not letting me login still... bastards.

Nisi on
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    BEAST! wrote: »

the hell is that parrot painting for? i just sold it right away because currently i have 0 use and it was taking up space in my bag....also, i have some key that i got from the dude who removes your shackles but i dont know what to do with it and i can't even sell it, booo

He won in from a bet off a guard who said it's for the Mausoleum in White Sands. There's a chest in there.

Kelor on
    edited May 2008
    BEAST! wrote: »

I thought it may come in handy one day, also its a nice momento of my time on Tortage.

Scroffus on
  • Gina VGina V Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Bought this Friday and played a lot this weekend. What a fun game!

I'm playing a Priest of Mitra and having tons of fun. The Destiny quests in Tortage were really well done and I had a blast with them. On the Day side in Tortage, I really enjoyed exploring the Underhalls. The quests were fun and it seemed to have a real sense of impending doom and evil down there. I'm now out in a desert area (I forget the name and I'm at work so can't check) and it seems to have the more standard "Fetch x scorpian tails and x vulture feathers" quests, but that's okay and I don't mind. I am looking forward to my level 30 Destiny quest (are all the Destiny quests as much fun as the one you do in Tortage?).

Some negatives: I have to agree the items and stats leave a lot to be desired. I've basically stopped caring about drops since it seems like most of the higher level stuff I get has worse stats than the stuff I've had for 10 or more levels. I still look at things just in case, but it's become more tedious busy work than fun. I've also noticed the social aspects are lacking. It may just be the server I'm playing on, but there's hardly *ever* anyone chatting. I see people running around all the time, but nobody is ever speaking. For the most part it feels like I'm playing a single player game. That's not all necessarily bad (I tend to solo quite a bit anyway) but I do like the feeling of being a part of a large community and I'm not feeling it much right now in-game.

Gina V on
  • LuqLuq Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Granted my HoX is only 14, but, does anyone have any idea how spellweaving will work for a HoX since it seems to be (so far) a close-range/melee class? Can spellweaving be interrupted like other casting abilities?

Hox does not do spellweaving. HoX takes your suggestion of weaving, stabs it through the chest with his giant two-handed sword, lights it on fire, and laughs maniacally as your suggestion screams in conflagration until it breathes its' last breath.

Luq on
    FFRK:jWwH RW:Onion Knight's Sage USB
  • DuoRCNDuoRCN Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

I'm pretty sure that HoX doesn't get spellweaving. It's only for the 4 hardcore caster classes, ToS, PoM, Demo and Necro.

DuoRCN on
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I would probobly still be playing my conq (nerfs or not) if my destiny quest hadnt bugged out on Tortage. I was up to the part where you get arrested and need to get out of the keep, but I had to log off inside there. Well when I logged back on I was in Nadini's house and still had the quest. I cant go back in, cant complete it or like quit and restart it, and there is no like bypass for it on the NPCs. I tried to petition, but we all know how that works.

So I think its HoX now for me.

Kai_San on
    edited May 2008
    DuoRCN wrote: »

I'm pretty sure that HoX doesn't get spellweaving. It's only for the 4 hardcore caster classes, ToS, PoM, Demo and Necro.

Xotli is displeased with your answer. The Elder God of Night demands you provide more souls in return.

Luq on
    edited May 2008
    So does anyone know what the pve endgame is going to be like? Are there raids or what?

Scroffus on
  • NorayNoray Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Lly wrote: »

I did that last night and my pc stopped working! I am hoping it was just tired and will be fine when i get home tonight, otherwise D:D:D:

I updated my video drivers, just got the latest one from the Nvidia website, and it seems to work fine now. So I suggest trying that.

Noray on
    edited May 2008
    Kai_San wrote: »
    I would probobly still be playing my conq (nerfs or not) if my destiny quest hadnt bugged out on Tortage. I was up to the part where you get arrested and need to get out of the keep, but I had to log off inside there. Well when I logged back on I was in Nadini's house and still had the quest. I cant go back in, cant complete it or like quit and restart it, and there is no like bypass for it on the NPCs. I tried to petition, but we all know how that works.

So I think its HoX now for me.

There seems to be a new option in the bar that allows you to bypass your destiny quest if your fairly far in it, around the part your spoke of. I take it you don't get the nice blue item you would if you finished it but it's something you may look into, just go talk to a trainer unless you rather stick with the HoX.

Cade on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I just made a Herald.

I've got to change my pants now :(

Tav on
    edited May 2008
    Tav wrote: »
    I just made a Herald.

I've got to change my pants now :(

That's just Xotli's way of telling you that he prefers his followers wear no pants.

Luq on
  • Lucky7Lucky7 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So has anyone tried playing this game with a gamepad yet? If so, how is it.

Lucky7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.