As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Battlestar Galactica: Now containing un[spoiler]'d [spoiler]s. (Check OP for info.)

• Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    You guys are so wrong. The final cylon is totally Daggit.

daggit4sp.png

And just a little bit of fun trivia for you, inside Daggit in the original show was actually a monkey. The more you know!

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Solandra wrote: »
    Zyre wrote: »
    Okay, it's been awhile. Way back in the first season, Baltar created a cylon detection machine that did work, but he was too scared to admit it for fear of the cylon's killing him. What happened to this machine and why isn't it being used to test who the final five are? I'm having a vague recolection of Adama ordering it destroyed in a later season but I don't remember why or how.

It was a really long process, he could only test 1 person's blood like every so many hours so it was going to take so many months or years to test everyone in the fleet. How many people do you think he got tested?

I know at some point the 7 models all became known to the colonials and his machine became useless, still I wonder if he could have found the final 5 with it.

In rewatching that series of eps, I was under the impression that he sabotaged the test itself so that no one would appear to be a cylon.

Yup, so no one thought it works. Tigh calls it a piece of shit or something of the like in S2 Ep1 or Ep2.

Anyway, Baltar can't admit he sabotaged it anymore, since that would involve him being sent out the nearest airlock REALLY fast.

shryke on
  • Options
    MutePrezMutePrez Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Tamin wrote: »
    When was this
    visit
    you mention?

It's never on screen, but in the previous episode when
    Tory and Baltar are in bed, Baltar says that he heard about the president's visions when he saw Six in the brig, shortly before the end of the trial when "a guilty verdict seemed inevitable", and he had considered divulging that information if he had been declared guilty.

So, in my mind, the possibility is there.

MutePrez on
  • Options
    Nakatomi2010Nakatomi2010 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    shryke wrote: »
    Okay, it's been awhile. Way back in the first season, Baltar created a cylon detection machine that did work, but he was too scared to admit it for fear of the cylon's killing him. What happened to this machine and why isn't it being used to test who the final five are? I'm having a vague recolection of Adama ordering it destroyed in a later season but I don't remember why or how.

It was a really long process, he could only test 1 person's blood like every so many hours so it was going to take so many months or years to test everyone in the fleet. How many people do you think he got tested?

I know at some point the 7 models all became known to the colonials and his machine became useless, still I wonder if he could have found the final 5 with it.

In rewatching that series of eps, I was under the impression that he sabotaged the test itself so that no one would appear to be a cylon.

Yup, so no one thought it works. Tigh calls it a piece of shit or something of the like in S2 Ep1 or Ep2.

Anyway, Baltar can't admit he sabotaged it anymore, since that would involve him being sent out the nearest airlock REALLY fast.

Things that Baltar should be killed for....
    • Being seduced by a Six and allowing the Colonies to fall due to his "defense" program
    • Creating a Cylon detector and lying about it's effectiveness
    • Allowing the Cylons to use him during his "presidency"

Just add more as you see fit... I'm still waiting for everyone to realkize the firs tbullet point, kind of pisses me off that no one has found out that the entire thing is his fault....

Nakatomi2010 on
    Check out me building my HTPC (NSF56K) (Updated 1-10-08)
    Movie Collection
    Foody Things
    Holy shit! Sony's new techno toy!
    Wii Friend code: 1445 3205 3057 5295
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Eh, number 3 was classic duress but uh, the first one pretty much makes it irrelevant. The second is just gravy.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Things that Baltar should be killed for....
    • Being seduced by a Six and allowing the Colonies to fall due to his "defense" program
    • Creating a Cylon detector and lying about it's effectiveness
    • Allowing the Cylons to use him during his "presidency"

Just add more as you see fit... I'm still waiting for everyone to realkize the firs tbullet point, kind of pisses me off that no one has found out that the entire thing is his fault....

Am I the only person that finds it very easy to sympathize with him?

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    StormyWatersStormyWaters Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Eh, number 3 was classic duress but uh, the first one pretty much makes it irrelevant. The second is just gravy.

how on earth can he be blamed for the first one, he didn't know cylons could be humaniform. There's no guilt at all there

StormyWaters on
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    He still gave an unauthorized person access to secret government areas for personal gain.

We call that treason here in America, and execute the hell out of people who do it!

/tobykieth

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The only one I really agree with is #2.
    #1, as said wasn't truly his fault. Maybe on the treason part and the fact that he sold defense codes, but he didn't know about the cylons. He was just getting sucked off in exchange for governmental info. The fact that said info was the direct cause for the near eradication of the human race... is just reeeeeaaaaallllly bad luck.

#3, if you remember, was the entire basis of Lee's defense and the reason Baltar got a Not Guilty verdict. He cooperated with them, because the alternative would have gotten New Caprica nuked. Like Lee said, "What would you have done?".

I sympathize with they guy, because when you sit down and really analyze it, he's really not to blame for it. Or rather, he never directly and with malicious intent did it. He was just trying to survive. He's just had the most horrible luck, and if he simply had the chance to sit down and explain everything, people could see that. The sad thing is though that any chance he ever gets of doing such an act, he just fucks right up. And now it's far too late, since nobody will ever believe such an outlandish tale.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    o_O

Baltar knowingly and willingly gave a random person access to the entire defense network of the human worlds for some pussy. That really is treason there without a question.

Baltar is an incredibly flawed human being with no concern for any other person and willing to do almost anything to survive. He's a jackass.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    o_O

Baltar knowingly and willingly gave a random person access to the entire defense network of the human worlds for some pussy. That really is treason there without a question.

Baltar is an incredibly flawed human being with no concern for any other person and willing to do almost anything to survive. He's a jackass.

Eh, so he made a little mistake...big deal. Plus, it was Tricia Helfer. Plus, do we know that the #6's don't actually have some kind of mind-bending pheromone or something that was never discussed? I mean they are exceptionally seductively persuasive.

Honestly, I'm not willing to write Baltar off as a complete bad guy. He's shown elements of goodness and he's shown elements of selfishness. I think he was put into some really tough situations all throughout.

Drez on
  • Options
    BitstreamBitstream Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Let's face it, we'd all give away state secrets for Tricia Helfer.

Bitstream on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    He's not malevolent, he's just very egotistical and thus selfish.

He's the kind of person I can't say should generally be punished or anything, he should just be kept way the fuck away from any power, responsibility or anything the least bit important.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    MutePrez wrote: »
    When was this
    visit
    you mention?

Tory and Baltar are in bed, Baltar says that he heard about the president's visions when he saw Six in the brig, shortly before the end of the trial when "a guilty verdict seemed inevitable", and he had considered divulging that information if he had been declared guilty.

I'm pretty sure that
    His first, now dead, lawyer was the one who told him that after talking to the 6
    As for Baltar's moral fortitude, come on. He prayed to God to blow up a ship full of people since someone who might have known he was responsible for the cylons getting the codes was on it. He knowingly let Boomer walk around after finding out she was a Cylon out of some weird sense of fear, with his only concession being one attempt at convincing her to kill herself. He let some guy get stranded on an asteroid because his girlfriend who now lived in his head told him to. Baltar is not exactly what I would call good people.

Neaden on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Greeper wrote: »
    In that last episode with Athena, etc. etc. - where the fuck was Helo?

Isn't Helo
    On da basestar with Roslin and Baltar?

I really hope so.

Also, the final cylon is Badger.

Yeah, not Romo, the actual Badger. Like, he'll fly in with Mal and River on a Firefly class transport and they'll lead the Cylons into an Alliance/Reaver ambush, which is huge and epic like the one in Serenity.

It'll be glorious and I'll be able to die a happy man.
    Bitstream wrote: »
    Let's face it, we'd all give away state secrets for Tricia Helfer.

I have a hard time arguing this. She makes a very, very persuasive series of arguments in her favour across the course of the series.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Neaden wrote: »
    MutePrez wrote: »
    When was this
    visit
    you mention?

I'm pretty sure that
    His first, now dead, lawyer was the one who told him that after talking to the 6
    As for Baltar's moral fortitude, come on. He prayed to God to blow up a ship full of people since someone who might have known he was responsible for the cylons getting the codes was on it. He knowingly let Boomer walk around after finding out she was a Cylon out of some weird sense of fear, with his only concession being one attempt at convincing her to kill herself. He let some guy get stranded on an asteroid because his girlfriend who now lived in his head told him to. Baltar is not exactly what I would call good people.

Oh, certainly no one is saying the guy deserves a medal and is completely blameless. Like I said though, he's had plenty of chances where, if he had came to a full stop, smack himself, then come clean, he'd have been fine. Instead he just keeps screwing up more and more. In my own opinion, I would say that his entire life and current situation is about 40% his own fraking fault and the other 60% horrible luck, terrible circumstances, and destiny.
    I always found the asteroid situation funny though.. That was truly a messed up and diabolical thing he did.

Which turned out be absolutely right.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Uh, question, I don't remember Gaius post-new-caprica much so can anyone tell me:
    If him and the current Captive-Six 'broke up' so to speak? I mean, I guess they're seeing other people now but they always had a weird cylon relationship.

Greeper on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Greeper wrote: »
    Uh, question, I don't remember Gaius post-new-caprica much so can anyone tell me:
    If him and the current Captive-Six 'broke up' so to speak? I mean, I guess they're seeing other people now but they always had a weird cylon relationship.
    Well, he sort of chose D'Anna over her, which I imagine hurt her feelings quite badly. Outside of the possibility of a visit as mentioned earlier, we don't know if there's been any contact between the two since Baltar was brought back on board.

Tamin on
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    If you remember during the trial Six was going to testify against him, instead the lawyer brought her the pen he was using to write his book and using that and some fancy truth twisting convinced her he still cared for her. Outside of that I don't think they had any contact since which is odd a bit, not like he can visit her but no mention about the other strikes me a bit strange.

Cade on
  • Options
    UltrachristUltrachrist Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    having just seen last week's episode, the final cylon must be
    Doc Cottle!

The dying six figured this out right as she died! Just check out the way that scene was shot!

I really do think there's something more to that scene. Maybe that six is was able to rez before the attack or something. I find it odd they drew out her death when she could have just been dead as she hit the floor.

Ultrachrist on
    ultrachrist2.png
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    having just seen last week's episode, the final cylon must be
    Doc Cottle!

The dying six figured this out right as she died! Just check out the way that scene was shot!

I really do think there's something more to that scene. Maybe that six is was able to rez before the attack or something. I find it odd they drew out her death when she could have just been dead as she hit the floor.

I'm thinking that scene was shot to show
    That her death was meaningful, and that added meaning makes it kinda ok for the humans to sympathize with them.

Now, what happened to
    Baltar seeing himself in his visions suddenly, and why haven't he or the six seen each other since? In other news, Tigh is just using that awesome Cylon projection technique so he can bone his dead wife again.
    with a better rack.

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Forar wrote: »

Yeah, not Romo, the actual Badger. Like, he'll fly in with Mal and River on a Firefly class transport and they'll lead the Cylons into an Alliance/Reaver ambush, which is huge and epic like the one in Serenity.

It's so true. There was that firefly in the mini series before the attacks, and we all know Wash wasn't going out like that when the attack came. They're out there, waiting for the right moment to sweep in and be Big Damn Heros again.

More serious note: anyone else notice that Lee is
    still wearing his wedding ring?

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I have a feeling that none of them are Cylons but rather human clones that were subjugated and made to believe they were Cylons. Maybe they found a legimiate way to pass memories from one human to another without actually being told that they were just human.

I mean, why hasn't an autopsy ever revealed any mechanical parts?

Drez on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Drez wrote: »
    I have a feeling that none of them are Cylons but rather human clones that were subjugated and made to believe they were Cylons. Maybe they found a legimiate way to pass memories from one human to another without actually being told that they were just human.

You're going to have problems explaining "Jabbing wires into my arms to control shit" bit.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

That's another of those "Producers have said it isn't so" things.

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

You're going to have problems explaining "Jabbing wires into my arms to control shit" bit.

Clearly you've never been in Harlem.

Or to a marionette show.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Which was, let's be real, totally fucking ridiculous. I don't care what's going on inside your head, if there's no anatomical difference between humans and Cylons, they shouldn't be able to do that kind of shit.

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It's more that there's no "detectable by Colonial technology" differences between humans and cylons actually.

shryke on
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Plus the silicon pathways melting at that one supply storage place

ronzo on
  • Options
    Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    And the water dipping finger spaceship control thing.

I don't think a regular human could do that.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    And the backhanding people really fucking hard thing.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    And the whole "voting as a collective which implies some form of information sharing between individuals without speech"

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It's just the new version of Vista guys!

So when does this show air again? This week?

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    EddieDeanEddieDean Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Yup, Friday in the US.

EddieDean on
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    EddieDean wrote: »
    Yup, Friday in the US.

after this week and then next week there is supposed to be a hiatus again, isn't there?

ronzo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    It's more that there's no "detectable by Colonial technology" differences between humans and cylons actually. + backhanding + collective thought etc.

Quantum nanomachines?

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

It's so true. There was that firefly in the mini series before the attacks, and we all know Wash wasn't going out like that when the attack came. They're out there, waiting for the right moment to sweep in and be Big Damn Heros again.

More serious note: anyone else notice that Lee is
    still wearing his wedding ring?

OH SHITS!
    WASH MIGHT NOT BE DEAD!! HE'S THE 12TH CYLON!!!

Forar on
  • Options
    RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    On the final five:
    They've said it numerous times, that the final five are fundamentally different than the other 7. As in, they can reproduce with straight up cylons. Perhaps the 13th tribe created two versions of the cylons we see today.

RocketSauce on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    On the final five:
    They've said it numerous times, that the final five are fundamentally different than the other 7. As in, they can reproduce with straight up cylons. Perhaps the 13th tribe created two versions of the cylons we see today.
    That'd have to imply that the 13th tribe came back to the area and had been around for a while, behind the scenes. We know they left the original 12 a very, very long time ago (thousands of years?), and supposedly the "skinjobs" are a development roughly during or after the last big war if I'm not mistaken, which leaves us with a time gap in the hundreds or thousands of years.

I'm not ruling out 13th tribe involvement, but it'd have to be a significant amount of involvment.

Also, it just now occurs to me; the 12 tribes are named after the 12 signs of the zodiac. I wonder what the 13th one will be called? I mean, there isn't a 13th sign, right?

Forar on
  • Options
    SolandraSolandra Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Also, it just now occurs to me; the 12 tribes are named after the 12 signs of the zodiac. I wonder what the 13th one will be called? I mean, there isn't a 13th sign, right?

There are 13 full moons in a calendar year, my brain is feebly offering that I heard (or dreamed) in a world religions class in college that there were 13 zodiac signs at one point, but that more modern calendar systems edged them out because there were fewer months.

I sense some online goofery competing with work this afternoon...

Solandra on
This discussion has been closed.