As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Combining Shipping from Amazon Marketplace?

MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNARochester, MNRegistered User regular
edited May 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
So I have been buying up PS1 games to complete my collections before they're impossible to find and I was going to order a few gems from ExcessSource (this amazon.com marketplace seller). But for whatever fucking reasons they are charging about 7.00 a piece to ship two games. In the end, the shipping ended up being like 15 bucks and the games only 12.

I contacted their customer service and was told they are 'under contract' with their shipping company and MUST charge that much to ship these games out - they won't combine shipping under any circumstances.

Is this a common thing or is this company just trying to jack me.

I am in the business of saving lives.
MegaMan001 on

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    They are trying to jack you.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Wait- what kind of service did you request? Air, ground, express and what company?

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Wait- what kind of service did you request? Air, ground, express and what company?

I didn't even get that far. I was looking to get Legend of the Dragoon and Final Fantasy IX (which they don't seem to have listed anymore, but was 12.99 with the same shipping as Legend of the Dragoon). Both by the same company "ExcessSource".

When I saw in my shopping cart that the shipping was like $15.00 and the games ended up being $14.00, I asked if they would combine shipping and I was told via customer service that

"Hello, We have only one method of shipment for we are held under contract with our shipping services. The prices are non-negotiable as we do clearly state them and explain all costs in each and every auction.

If you have any other questions or comments, please let us know as we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Cordially,

Levon
    Excess Source Customer Service"

I wrote them back, thanked them for their time, but said I would move on to another seller. Then they asked for a number to 'reach me to discuss things further'. I told them there wasn't much to discuss, since they were 'under contract' and I told them I was just going to look elsewhere. I haven't recieved a response since.

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, that price is great if you are shipping air or something. Land, not so good. I would have to know how they ship to really advise you. ):

• Options
    LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Amazon Marketplace vendors do this shit all the time; this is how they make money. Put up a cheap price for the item so people click it, then have a high shipping price that makes up for the differences.

If you don't like the final (read: true) price, don't buy from them.

Lewisham on