Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Anyone have a Seagate Freeagent Pro external drive?

SvevinSvevin Registered User regular
I got a Seagate FreeAgent Pro 1TB external drive. When it arrived, I installed the software that was already on the drive, reformatted it to Mac OS Extended (Journalized), backed up my data and reformatted my iMac for a fresh start. Doing this means the software I installed is now gone, and trying to find the software on the Seagate website just tells me to email them and wait for them to give me a link to re-download the software.

The reason I want the software is that it's the only way to adjust the sleep timer on the drive. I'd like to set it to "never" so that it doesn't have to spin up every time I wanna use it. It's just a minor annoyance, but if I'm watching a video off of it and need to pause it for a period of time, when I come back and unpause, the drive has to spin back up again and the video program usually crashes by the time it finishes. Another minor annoyance is that TimeMachine will only do a scheduled backup if the drive is currently not asleep.

So, does anyone know where I can find the software? Also, will turning the sleep timer to "never" reduce the life of the drive?

steam_sig.png
Svevin on