As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Why "The Customer Is Always Right" Is So Utterly Wrong

1232425262729»

• Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I have a similar problem that happens every single goddamned time I get a parcel sent to me. No matter how clear I make it that someone is home, at some point during the time I expect the parcel, I find a little note saying that they tried to deliver the parcel but nobody was home. This includes times that I've sat a couple of metres from the door with the door open. Fuckers drop the note as soon as they can.

This happens to me quite often as well. Pretty irritating to either hear them knock or ring the bell and by the time I get downstairs there is a note and they're on their way back to the truck. They seem very annoyed when I call after them. There should be like a "count to 100 rule" or something.

Sometimes packages are just left on the doorstep. I'm curious about something with this. If a package is left at your doorstep and then stolen, who is responsible for replacing that item contained in the package? I guess what I mean is, are either the delivery company (or post office) or the seller responsible? Is the customer screwed unless the theif can be caught? I've fortunately not had this happen, but some of the drivers are cool enough to drop things off on my back porch, which is fenced in and the item could not be seen by anyone just driving by. The person would have had to see the drop off to know the item was there, so the likelihood of the item was being stolen was lessened.

Bolthorn on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Bolthorn wrote: »
    I have a similar problem that happens every single goddamned time I get a parcel sent to me. No matter how clear I make it that someone is home, at some point during the time I expect the parcel, I find a little note saying that they tried to deliver the parcel but nobody was home. This includes times that I've sat a couple of metres from the door with the door open. Fuckers drop the note as soon as they can.

This happens to me quite often as well. Pretty irritating to either hear them knock or ring the bell and by the time I get downstairs there is a note and they're on their way back to the truck. They seem very annoyed when I call after them. There should be like a "count to 100 rule" or something.

Sometimes packages are just left on the doorstep. I'm curious about something with this. If a package is left at your doorstep and then stolen, who is responsible for replacing that item contained in the package? I guess what I mean is, are either the delivery company (or post office) or the seller responsible? Is the customer screwed unless the theif can be caught? I've fortunately not had this happen, but some of the drivers are cool enough to drop things off on my back porch, which is fenced in and the item could not be seen by anyone just driving by. The person would have had to see the drop off to know the item was there, so the likelihood of the item was being stolen was lessened.

The shipping company if IIRC however if you ever report a package stolen they will basically never delivery a package without a signature again. Which sucks but is understandable.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Bolthorn wrote: »

Probably the customer unless the item is insured or has delivery confirmation. I can't say for sure though since I haven't run into it myself.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2008
    This is now a 'funny' stories thread, with the occasional discussion about customer service, so the axe it gets.

Tycho wrote:
    Today's strip should not be taken as some kind of encouragement along the Horse Steroids axis.

20021025h.gif

Tycho wrote:
    I'm overjoyed at the performance of the new server equipment, sometimes I just load up the page for no reason. We netted around a hundred thousand new pageviews yesterday, so my guess is that people just weren't waiting for the page to come up before. I'm sorry about that. What you're seeing now in terms of speed should improve again on Saturday, when the database machine moves over to the colo facility. Thank HomeLAN.

The concentrated holiday gaming season has already begun, we've picked up a few and played them - for you.

The Two Towers is a fun, fairly straight-ahead brawler with sharp presentation and a fair bit of replayability. Ofttimes I find a lot of full motion video sort of off-putting, but that's only because I remember when Full Motion Video was almost uniformly shitty. The Two Towers stuff here is classy and welcome, and there are well-orchestrated moments where it cuts between graphics and film that are quite effective. Though the first few levels of the game act as a playable re-cap of the first movie (and/or book), it's not long before you're on the move to Helm's Deep and (one supposes) some variety of climactic showdown. The play itself comes at you like RPG Lite, rewarding fanciful maneuvers with experience you can redeem for more advanced fanciful maneuvers. Three playable characters at the outset - Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli - but they promise a new character on the back, who I am assuming has a grey robe and a floppy hat. Loads of extras for fans, and I'll be damned if the voice acting isn't by the actual guys. The bad? Gimli's face looks really, really weird, like someone pounded on it with raw meat for days. Final Score: Radish.

Contra: Shattered Soldier is as hard as fucking hell. These days, no code is required for unlimited continues - because they know you need them. Playing with these unlimited continues, though - in "easy" mode, which is something of a misnomer - gets you no real ending I'm told, so it's almost like not playing it. It's more like training wheels for an actual run through the game. Visually, this game has a lot to offer, as crisp, dense zones love you in three full dimensions. I don't know that I'd play this one by myself much, but it's definitely a good ride in co-op. If I had it to do over again, I'd probably have rented it - not because it's not good or fun or puce enough, but because I just don't see ever playing it again once you beat it. Final Score: Parsnip.

Tony Hawk 4: Man, hell if I know. Brenna's really sick, so I didn't get a chance to invest myself in it. I come off like a big smart-ass here in the post maybe, but if Brenna tells me to put on a bridle so she can ride me around the house, I play the part down to authentic sounds. Final Score: Beet.

(CW)TB out.

heavens they're tasty
    and expeditious

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.