Options

[AoC] Rogues - No one likes us

124»

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    http://feats.goonheim.com/ranger/6160

that's the build i plan on going with to 80. i'll be respeccing at 51 when i can get both kneecapping and shatter stance.

Angry on
  • Options
    DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I just started an Assassin last night. I think it's a ton of fun so far. (Level 10!) I haven't heard the best things about the class, but I already have a HoX, ToS, and a Conq. I couldn't get into the Ranger for some reason, so I am checking out the assassin.

Sneaking seems a bit odd, sometimes my target will have their back to me but somehow spot me, but otherwise I'm having a blast. And that first attack coming out of stealth is insane! KABOOM! 75% of the mob's health is gone. Sweet. :)

I can see it being tricky on PvP, I can def. see myself only surviving against someone like a ToS by being a total dick ganker when they are getting beat on by 5 mobs. I have a 27 ToS and the amount of healing I can pump on myself is INSANE. But so far, I am liking my foray into the Assasin class.

I am also liking finishing the final view of the night time quests.

DrunkMc on
  • Options
    Meatshie1dMeatshie1d Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I've gotten my Assassin to level 18, and I'm liking it so far. When I was level 13 in White Sands, I saw a level 19 Barb, and I started to attack him, I had him at 10%, and he went into some water. Good thing I have my crossbow. I shot him to death.
    IN THE FACE! AND HE BLED. :winky:

Meatshie1d on
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm noticing as reaver spec for barb I do pretty silly yet inconsistant damage. At 51 I killed a level 59 tempest of set in a single cyclone of steel, but sometimes it hits like a wet noodle.

Guess it's the cooldown that makes it have a higher crit chance, except it can get a regular crit on top of that

override367 on
  • Options
    Regicid3Regicid3 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I love my Assassin. I am currenly level 38.

Regicid3 on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    i'm hoping the level 56 CoS hits a lot harder then the jump from the 48->52 one. but even then my drive to play is dwindling away

tyrannus on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Rogues become noticably less fun post 60, when you see ToS and PoM solo chain pulling entire zones, while you have to rest after pulls of 3, which burn every cooldown. And thats with a barb, assassins are even less AoE focused.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    Darius BlackDarius Black Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Zzulu wrote: »
    We are totally overpowered against casters

I just hope they'll never notice

My lvl 37 PoM noticed this today. A lvl 39 assassin was toying with me like I was some grey mob for him. It was a little disconcerting...

But on the other hand, I don't really mind that. They have a pretty good trinity going on, where soldier > rogue > caster > soldier. I think that's kinda how it works, anyway. It's kind of neat.

Darius Black on
    Quick, quiet, confident
    Comfortable, permanent
    Undisputed, every tense
    Not a trace of what went left
    More equal than the best
    Unparalleled success
    Everybody, V-impressed
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Rogues become noticably less fun post 60, when you see ToS and PoM solo chain pulling entire zones, while you have to rest after pulls of 3, which burn every cooldown. And thats with a barb, assassins are even less AoE focused.

I could run a camp of 4 even con without blowing all my cooldowns as an assassin (thats at 62 fighting 64s). If I was fighting one on ones with my food buffs I'd hardly need to rest at all. Assassins may not have aoe abilities listed but our meele range isn't horrible and usually when fighting a group I can kill almost all of them at the same time.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So as a Ranger should I be dual wielding or using a shield+1h? I really don't melee like at all but it still makes me feel a little better to have the shield.

smokmnky on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    smokmnky wrote: »
    So as a Ranger should I be dual wielding or using a shield+1h? I really don't melee like at all but it still makes me feel a little better to have the shield.

Well then go with that, honestly play the game as you see fit, if you like sword and board better then duel wield run it.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    dual wielding as a ranger doesn't get you any increased damage. all of your melee damage is going to be from combos which only use your main hand anyways. might as well at least have the increased defense and chance to block

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    kidsolkidsol Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Do you get kick back at a higherlvl or is it part of a skill tree?

kidsol on
    Rift: Sunrest - Ayaname (Warrior) - Steam: We Are 138 - XBL: Kidsol
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    crossbow line makes your hamstring knockback enemies in addition to slowing them.

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Man I don't know what it is, but as I leveled higher my assassin could take more even cons not less. If they are all meele I can take on up to 6 popping all cooldowns.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net