As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ROCK BAND: "I'm not trying to cause a big s-s-sensation"

• Options
    KrisKris Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Have there been any songs in Rock Band that employ keyboards in the actual song? If so, I assume they are just played by some illusory being in the background? :P And also, if they allow songs with keyboards, then I'm pretty sure I would cave and buy a 360 + Rock Band immediately if they released any You Say Party! We Say Die! as DLC. Mmmm...

Kris on
  • Options
    Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Kris wrote: »
    Have there been any songs in Rock Band that employ keyboards in the actual song? If so, I assume they are just played by some illusory being in the background? :P And also, if they allow songs with keyboards, then I'm pretty sure I would cave and buy a 360 + Rock Band immediately if they released any You Say Party! We Say Die! as DLC. Mmmm...

There are some songs that contain keyboard in them, but not for the whole song. Examples:

Some of the Nine Inch Nails songs have piano
    Smokin' from the Boston pack has organ
    er... some others I think

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Won't Get Fooled Again...

Schide on
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Schide wrote: »

..doesn't chart the keyboards, I'm pretty sure.

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

..doesn't chart the keyboards, I'm pretty sure.

He didn't say anything about charting them.
    Have there been any songs in Rock Band that employ keyboards in the actual song?

Won't Get Fooled Again employs keyboards in the actual song. If he meant to ask about songs that charted keyboards...well, that's not what he said. So I replied with a song that employs keyboards.

Schide on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Yeah, I just meant do they allow songs in the game that have keyboards in them. I was pretty sure the keyboards wouldn't get charted. :)

Kris on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Kris wrote: »
    Yeah, I just meant do they allow songs in the game that have keyboards in them. I was pretty sure the keyboards wouldn't get charted. :)

Actually, a couple of the NIN DLC songs have piano parts that you play on the guitar, so that's kinda like that. But they're pretty short.

Schide on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Highway Star....I mean Organ Solo? :D

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Boston's "Smokin'" has a charted organ also.

Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Huh, that's crazy. I didn't think they would chart keyboard/organ/etc pieces. Thanks for the info fellas. Much appreciated. :D

Kris on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    Where is my Electric Six, damnit. :(

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    DANGER
    DANGER

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Lepwave wrote: »
    Boston's "Smokin'" has a charted organ also.

And it's fucking ridiculous.

Captain K on
  • Options
    mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    According to my 360's dashboard, Tuesday one of the packs we're getting is the DISTURBURBED PACK.

Yes typos still make me laugh. X__X

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    mspencer wrote: »
    According to my 360's dashboard, Tuesday one of the packs we're getting is the DISTURBURBED PACK.

Yes typos still make me laugh. X__X

Yup, also a Jimmy Buffet pack.

(there's a second T.)

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    AmaranthAmaranth Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Finally got my drum kit on Saturday and will probably need to purchase a second foot to replace my current right foot when it falls off.

I had to pause halfway through Green Grass & High Tides because of the pain!

Edit: Is it worth adding the PA Rock Band account to my friends list, if I'm not in the same time-zone as America? Do people play during the day?

Amaranth on
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm probably the only G&T Rock Band player who's on XBL around 3-7 GMT with any regularity, so you might just add me.

Captain K on
  • Options
    smokealbertsmokealbert Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Captain K wrote: »
    I'm probably the only G&T Rock Band player who's on XBL around 3-7 GMT with any regularity, so you might just add me.

K, you should definately get yourself on the UK PA Rock Band list then :winky:

smokealbert on
    Xbox GT: Smokealbert
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    Yeah, I've seen Captain K on whilst playing. Add "UK PA Rock Band" aswell -- some of us are on that.

Two-handed finger tapping got me through GG&HT on expert last night. Getting to the end was a total badass moment for me.

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    langfor6langfor6 Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Can anyone post a link to the guide to calibrate Rock Band? I thought I bookmarked it but I can't find it now.

langfor6 on
  • Options
    TenTen Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    You can taunt me no more, Rock Band thread, because I have your precious subject in my warm, sweaty hands!

This is me giving the Australian distributors the finger. Now I just have to wait for my eBayed drums to arrive...

Ten on
  • Options
    TT Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    http://www.tokipost.com/?p=427

Maximo Park to be included in 10th of June DLC.

T on
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    T wrote: »
    http://www.tokipost.com/?p=427

Maximo Park to be included in 10th of June DLC.

megabang.gif
    Haven't heard anything of theirs since A Certain Trigger but this is a killer single.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Captain K wrote: »

I'm usually on pretty late (early) also so I'm gonna add you on xbl also :)

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I did a Score Duel party with a bunch of the top people from ScoreHero last night.
    It was a very enlightening/humbling experience.

None more humbling than getting stuck against Billstvshow and doing a Cars track that I haven't practiced on.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    So sure, this isn't Banjo Hero or Bluegrass Band or whatnot, but this will be the first song I try to make in the GH4 song creator thing, providing it doesn't suck and I actually get it. Bela Fleck & Edgar Meyer - B Song

Oh, and if you can actually do it with this track, of course.

Schide on
  • Options
    gilraingilrain Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So sure, this isn't Banjo Hero or Bluegrass Band or whatnot, but this will be the first song I try to make in the GH4 song creator thing, providing it doesn't suck and I actually get it. Bela Fleck & Edgar Meyer - B Song

Edgar Meyer is awesome, and you're awesome for liking him. You need to get Uncommon Ritual, posthaste. Bela Fleck is cool musically, too, but not as, and not as nice.

gilrain on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    gilrain wrote: »

Edgar Meyer is awesome, and you're awesome for liking him. You need to get Uncommon Ritual, posthaste. Bela Fleck is cool musically, too, but not as, and not as nice.

Why I do believe I already have Uncommon Ritual! Might I suggest Music For Two? And I'm just going to say Meyer and Fleck are both awesome and leave it at that.

Schide on
  • Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Jimmy Buffet? That is odd yet totally awesome. I still need to buy my own copy of this game. I would really like to get into the drums, but I have nowhere to put them and no money to buy them.
    On top of that I don't have xbox live, and downloading new songs is a big draw for me. I guess I'll just keep mooching of my friend.

glithert on
  • Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    glithert wrote: »
    Jimmy Buffet? That is odd yet totally awesome. I still need to buy my own copy of this game. I would really like to get into the drums, but I have nowhere to put them and no money to buy them.
    On top of that I don't have xbox live, and downloading new songs is a big draw for me. I guess I'll just keep mooching of my friend.

It's worth noting that you don't need Xbox Gold Membership to download new songs, but a Silver one, the free one. You don't need to pay any monthly fee to buy new songs, it will just get you the ability to play it with other people over the 'net (which isn't very fun with this game anyways). If you can get an internet connection to your Xbox, you've got the ability to buy new songs.

Endaro on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I dunno, I have loads of fun playing with people online. There's less elitism due to there not being any rewards. Unless you're playing for scores, leagues or other stuff the folks at ScoreHero do.

I could see how it would not be fun for someone who is used to having some sort of online achievement or record like other online multiplayer games offer, like GTA4 or CoD4.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Endaro wrote: »
    glithert wrote: »

It's worth noting that you don't need Xbox Gold Membership to download new songs, but a Silver one, the free one. You don't need to pay any monthly fee to buy new songs, it will just get you the ability to play it with other people over the 'net (which isn't very fun with this game anyways). If you can get an internet connection to your Xbox, you've got the ability to buy new songs.

I know
    But my internet connection isn't the right kind or something, so it won't connect. And if it did, I'd need to rearrange the whole entertainment area to put the xbox within reach and buy a new router so the computer and the xbox could hook up at the same time. My parents don't want to put up with the hassle. [/LONGSTORY]

glithert on
  • Options
    mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It's shallow of me but I'm still amused by this: the original 360 dashboard ad with two typos (disturburbed and buffet) was gone most of the day today, but I just got the ad again. They fixed disturburbed, but left Jimmy Buffett's name spelled as Buffet.

Guys, it's worse when you make a pass to fix typos and you continue to miss one. X__X

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • Options
    OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    To be fair, Disturburbed is far more glaringly retarded obvious of a typo than a missing 't.'

Mainly because it sounds like they just kept going and couldn't stop.

"HAI GUYS!! GUESS WHOSE COMING TO ROCK BAND!?!?!? DISTURBURBEBDEDBEDBEDROCKED!!!"

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So has the Disturbed Pack using only one pre-order code been talked about yet?

I'm unsure if its okay to post it, but I can imagine it'd be easy enough to find.

exist on
    UmPiq.png
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    exist wrote: »
    So has the Disturbed Pack using only one pre-order code been talked about yet?

I'm unsure if its okay to post it, but I can imagine it'd be easy enough to find.

Not even in the slightest. Mentioning it has already marked you for death.

Don't do it.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    JoahWJoahW Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The disturbed pack is really, really awesome on guitar. Best pack for guitar we've seen in a while, for sure.

I sightread 100%ed the solo in Indestructable. 8-)

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
  • Options
    MichunkistMichunkist Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Haha, tell them about the drums on these songs Joah :P.

Michunkist on
  • Options
    JoahWJoahW Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Let's just say that I foresee a notable increase in pedal RMAs after this pack.

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
  • Options
    MichunkistMichunkist Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Might I also add that these vocals are amazingly fun if you know the words. However, they are pretty darn difficult! Well, that is if you are trying to sing like the guy :P. I guess if your just going for pitch then you should have no problem getting at least 4 stars on your first run (even if you don't know the song).

Then again it's different for everyone :D.

Michunkist on