As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Double Confirmation suggestion: Penny Arcade Adventures

CarlosE.CarlosE. Registered User new member
To who may concern:

Hello.
I've read Penny Arcade with no consistency for the last decade, and so far, so good.
I purchased a Xbox360 three days ago, and its my first console since the long dead SNES.

My story is as follows:
I purchased prepaid cards because I get a little nervous using my Credit Card, which proved truth and I'll tell you why in a minute.

Everything was fine and dandy: I saw the Penny Arcade Demo at the Xbox Live store, so I decided to give it a shot.
It was nice, however, I decided not to purchase it.
After that I opted on some other game -the name is not important- and I noticed that my points have been drained. I decided to look on the download history and, to my dismay, I had downloaded the "full" game without noticing.

Now, I'm an educated person, and I know when to click and NOT to click a button. What is interesting to me was how I did not had to download any content: apparently the "demo" version converts to the full version with a click's order.
What's done its done, I'm now the owner of PA:Adventures.

WHAT IS THIS POST ABOUT, AND WHAT IS NOT:
-This post is not about BITCHING for a 20 dlls loss, so please spare the comments if you don't have anything constructive to add.
-This post is about SUGGESTING to make a double confirmation download/acquisition/purchase and so forth.

I'm not willing to submit to a painful 3+ hour experience at the Microsoft Customer Service department for the dim possibility of a 20dll refund.

I have already sent a similar proposition to the Xbox Live! suggestions email address, but I decided to make a tread here also, for the reason that the Penny Arcade staff/company/landlords may have a stronger voice to speak for the rest of us.
If you think this through, even iTunes has an option to cancel the "single click purchase" M.O. so I'm not asking for anything wild or impossible here.

I'm not 100% certain that this post belongs in this sub-forum. If its not the case, I apologize and ask a mod to be repositioned where it belongs.

I appreciate your time and wish you all the best,
CarlosE.

CarlosE. on

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited June 2008
    This is something you need to bring up with Microsoft. We have no control over it.

Tube on
This discussion has been closed.