As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T open discussion thread

1568101114

Posts

  • Nfinit VylenceNfinit Vylence Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Henroid wrote:
    mogdemon wrote:
    I could be perfectly well-meaning, but if you were listening to some music and I thought it was too loud, how would you like me to tell you? I could say, "Your music is too loud." Or, I could say, "Do you mind turning the music down while I work on this crossword puzzle?"
    We need to go back to the iron-fisted mod tactic. It's impersonal but effective.

    I have no problem with this, as long as the mod is fair and not demeaning toward the community in his or her task.

    Nfinit Vylence on
    The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides. -- Carl Sagan

    For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love. -- Also Carl Sagan
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Henroid wrote:
    mogdemon wrote:
    I could be perfectly well-meaning, but if you were listening to some music and I thought it was too loud, how would you like me to tell you? I could say, "Your music is too loud." Or, I could say, "Do you mind turning the music down while I work on this crossword puzzle?"
    We need to go back to the iron-fisted mod tactic. It's impersonal but effective.
    the kind that Duck used to use?
    Is there no better example? (drdizaster)

    Henroid on
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Henroid wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    mogdemon wrote:
    I could be perfectly well-meaning, but if you were listening to some music and I thought it was too loud, how would you like me to tell you? I could say, "Your music is too loud." Or, I could say, "Do you mind turning the music down while I work on this crossword puzzle?"
    We need to go back to the iron-fisted mod tactic. It's impersonal but effective.
    the kind that Duck used to use?
    Is there no better example? (drdizaster)
    Man, I've heard horror stories about that guy

    I don't understand what the issue is with the chat thread. As long as people aren't posting porn or something in it, it doesn't really need moderation.

    Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2006
    Henroid wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    mogdemon wrote:
    I could be perfectly well-meaning, but if you were listening to some music and I thought it was too loud, how would you like me to tell you? I could say, "Your music is too loud." Or, I could say, "Do you mind turning the music down while I work on this crossword puzzle?"
    We need to go back to the iron-fisted mod tactic. It's impersonal but effective.
    the kind that Duck used to use?
    Is there no better example? (drdizaster)

    Cue the 4 people who remember him going "Oh god no."

    Monoxide on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    pheezer FD wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Monoxide wrote:
    We're not discussing that in here. Shut up about it. It's seriously not the place for it. If you have an issue with a user, take it up with a mod (me).

    And if we have issue with mods not doing anything because they're friends with trolls, who do we take it up with? The admin? Who's friends with the mods?
    *head -> desk*
    If that's the case, you take it up with me. I am friends with no one.
    Pheezer doesn't have any friends - more at 11:00.

    But he's right. Pheezer will put the smackdown on anyone who needs it. And bystanders for good measure.

    Henroid on
  • FierceDeity666FierceDeity666 Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Henroid wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    mogdemon wrote:
    I could be perfectly well-meaning, but if you were listening to some music and I thought it was too loud, how would you like me to tell you? I could say, "Your music is too loud." Or, I could say, "Do you mind turning the music down while I work on this crossword puzzle?"
    We need to go back to the iron-fisted mod tactic. It's impersonal but effective.
    the kind that Duck used to use?
    Is there no better example? (drdizaster)
    i have no personal experience with dr. d. i basically stay in SE, and come to G&T when it's slow. this is because the chat thread moves at quite the pace. It's not the fastest i've ever seen, but it's quick.

    FierceDeity666 on
  • PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2006
    Slungsolow wrote:
    The thread was doing so much better until Mai-Kero starting acting like a 3 year old and made private matter public business.

    There really should be a banning for this, because the little fucker is dragging my name back into this topic.

    Oh geez how could I not have realized this mr. slungsolow pardon me is your latte hot enough or would you like a fresh one I can go get you one right after I mean before I mean either or your call but I'll just clear away this rabble you speak of I'm so sorry, I don't know how he got in but I'll make sure someone finds his way to the unemployment line over it I give you my word

    Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2006
    pheezer FD wrote:
    Slungsolow wrote:
    The thread was doing so much better until Mai-Kero starting acting like a 3 year old and made private matter public business.

    There really should be a banning for this, because the little fucker is dragging my name back into this topic.

    Oh geez how could I not have realized this mr. slungsolow pardon me is your latte hot enough or would you like a fresh one I can go get you one right after I mean before I mean either or your call but I'll just clear away this rabble you speak of I'm so sorry, I don't know how he got in but I'll make sure someone finds his way to the unemployment line over it I give you my word

    *chuckle*

    Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    I don't understand what the issue is with the chat thread. As long as people aren't posting porn or something in it, it doesn't really need moderation.
    My position on the chat thread is that the chat threaders are the only ones haivng any real complaints about things, though, those complaints are for the most part unfounded.

    Henroid on
  • FierceDeity666FierceDeity666 Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    pheezer FD wrote:
    Slungsolow wrote:
    The thread was doing so much better until Mai-Kero starting acting like a 3 year old and made private matter public business.

    There really should be a banning for this, because the little fucker is dragging my name back into this topic.

    Oh geez how could I not have realized this mr. slungsolow pardon me is your latte hot enough or would you like a fresh one I can go get you one right after I mean before I mean either or your call but I'll just clear away this rabble you speak of I'm so sorry, I don't know how he got in but I'll make sure someone finds his way to the unemployment line over it I give you my word
    you know what i'd do? jail them both and take away their pm ability.

    of course, you probably have a better idea. take it away, boss.

    FierceDeity666 on
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Henroid wrote:
    I don't understand what the issue is with the chat thread. As long as people aren't posting porn or something in it, it doesn't really need moderation.
    My position on the chat thread is that the chat threaders are the only ones haivng any real complaints about things, though, those complaints are for the most part unfounded.
    Real complaints about what things?

    Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2006
    Henroid wrote:
    I don't understand what the issue is with the chat thread. As long as people aren't posting porn or something in it, it doesn't really need moderation.
    My position on the chat thread is that the chat threaders are the only ones haivng any real complaints about things, though, those complaints are for the most part unfounded.

    Yes but the thing neither of you realize is that you're both wrong.

    Should I bother explaining that statement or do you guys want to just skip to the part where you point out what a prick I am and I'll spend the ten minutes required jerking off instead?

    Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2006
    pheezer FD wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    I don't understand what the issue is with the chat thread. As long as people aren't posting porn or something in it, it doesn't really need moderation.
    My position on the chat thread is that the chat threaders are the only ones haivng any real complaints about things, though, those complaints are for the most part unfounded.

    Yes but the thing neither of you realize is that you're both wrong.

    Should I bother explaining that statement or do you guys want to just skip to the part where you point out what a prick I am and I'll spend the ten minutes required jerking off instead?

    You should go ahead and explain it, so I don't have to.

    Monoxide on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Henroid wrote:
    I don't understand what the issue is with the chat thread. As long as people aren't posting porn or something in it, it doesn't really need moderation.
    My position on the chat thread is that the chat threaders are the only ones haivng any real complaints about things, though, those complaints are for the most part unfounded.
    Real complaints about what things?
    I don't know really, some shit about the mods being dicks or something. I'm annoyed that a mod pulls a stunt in the chat thread and the chat thread is the jury that decides the mod is unfit for the rest of G&T.

    I stepped into this after the fact, and I read this thread, and I probably still don't understand what happened.

    Henroid on
  • NucshNucsh Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Monoxide wrote:
    pheezer FD wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    I don't understand what the issue is with the chat thread. As long as people aren't posting porn or something in it, it doesn't really need moderation.
    My position on the chat thread is that the chat threaders are the only ones haivng any real complaints about things, though, those complaints are for the most part unfounded.

    Yes but the thing neither of you realize is that you're both wrong.

    Should I bother explaining that statement or do you guys want to just skip to the part where you point out what a prick I am and I'll spend the ten minutes required jerking off instead?

    You should go ahead and explain it, so I don't have to.

    Please do, I'm actaully trying to grasp what you guys want to do.

    Nucsh on
    [SIGPIC]GIANT ENEMY BEAR[/SIGPIC]
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2006
    the reason behind mai-kero's complaint: i was on the phone.

    i do have a life outside of this forum.

    hopefully this'll be the end of that.

    Orikaeshigitae on
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    the reason behind mai-kero's complaint: i was on the phone.

    i do have a life outside of this forum.

    hopefully this'll be the end of that.
    the devil you say

    Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2006
    Down with mega-threads

    The issue with the chat thread is that it's become its own little subforum. If SE++ were serving its purpose, then the chat threaders would use it to, uh, chat. In threads.

    And SE++ is serving its purpose, but many of the chat-threaders are, to put it bluntly, goddamned idiots. Not in the sense that they're retarded, but that they're floating in the internets somewhere between gamefaqs and penny arcade, in terms of where they belong. The chat thread is a little safe haven for them, much as the breach in Helm's Deep was a safe haven for the orcs.

    Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2006
    Henroid wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    I don't understand what the issue is with the chat thread. As long as people aren't posting porn or something in it, it doesn't really need moderation.
    My position on the chat thread is that the chat threaders are the only ones haivng any real complaints about things, though, those complaints are for the most part unfounded.
    Real complaints about what things?
    I don't know really, some shit about the mods being dicks or something. I'm annoyed that a mod pulls a stunt in the chat thread and the chat thread is the jury that decides the mod is unfit for the rest of G&T.

    I stepped into this after the fact, and I read this thread, and I probably still don't understand what happened.

    I'd just like to reiterate for the last time that Apotheos wasn't pulling a stunt. He was just commenting that 4chan was going to go back to being something that you just don't talk about. It escalated into a huge pissing contest, and then some poorly chosen words made it worse. By the way, experiment doesn't mean pre-meditated. It served as an experiment because it offered some insight as to what happens when you introduce an unwanted change, but it was not intended that way to begin with.

    Monoxide on
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Monoxide wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    I don't understand what the issue is with the chat thread. As long as people aren't posting porn or something in it, it doesn't really need moderation.
    My position on the chat thread is that the chat threaders are the only ones haivng any real complaints about things, though, those complaints are for the most part unfounded.
    Real complaints about what things?
    I don't know really, some shit about the mods being dicks or something. I'm annoyed that a mod pulls a stunt in the chat thread and the chat thread is the jury that decides the mod is unfit for the rest of G&T.

    I stepped into this after the fact, and I read this thread, and I probably still don't understand what happened.

    I'd just like to reiterate for the last time that Apotheos wasn't pulling a stunt. He was just commenting that 4chan was going to go back to being something that you just don't talk about. It escalated into a huge pissing contest, and then some poorly chosen words made it worse. By the way, experiment doesn't mean pre-meditated. It served as an experiment because it offered some insight as to what happens when you introduce an unwanted change, but it was not intended that way to begin with.

    It wasn't what happens when you introduce an unwanted change, it's what happens when you introduces any change in the way apotheos did. IE: Being a dick about it.

    If he had said "Hey guys, stop talking about 4chan because it's a a fucked up place. I'll put it up in the rules thread for future reference." there would have been 0 drama.

    Mai-Kero on
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Monoxide wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    I don't understand what the issue is with the chat thread. As long as people aren't posting porn or something in it, it doesn't really need moderation.
    My position on the chat thread is that the chat threaders are the only ones haivng any real complaints about things, though, those complaints are for the most part unfounded.
    Real complaints about what things?
    I don't know really, some shit about the mods being dicks or something. I'm annoyed that a mod pulls a stunt in the chat thread and the chat thread is the jury that decides the mod is unfit for the rest of G&T.

    I stepped into this after the fact, and I read this thread, and I probably still don't understand what happened.

    I'd just like to reiterate for the last time that Apotheos wasn't pulling a stunt. He was just commenting that 4chan was going to go back to being something that you just don't talk about. It escalated into a huge pissing contest, and then some poorly chosen words made it worse. By the way, experiment doesn't mean pre-meditated. It served as an experiment because it offered some insight as to what happens when you introduce an unwanted change, but it was not intended that way to begin with.

    It wasn't what happens when you introduce an unwanted change, it's what happens when you introduces any change in the way apotheos did. IE: Being a dick about it.

    If he had said "Hey guys, stop talking about 4chan because it's a a fucked up place. I'll put it up in the rules thread for future reference." there would have been 0 drama.
    Hey now. This is a 13+ forum. You can't use words like that.

    Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2006
    Kazhiim wrote:
    And SE++ is serving its purpose, but many of the chat-threaders are, to put it bluntly, goddamned idiots. Not in the sense that they're retarded, but that they're floating in the internets somewhere between gamefaqs and penny arcade, in terms of where they belong. The chat thread is a little safe haven for them, much as the breach in Helm's Deep was a safe haven for the orcs.

    Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Monoxide wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    I don't understand what the issue is with the chat thread. As long as people aren't posting porn or something in it, it doesn't really need moderation.
    My position on the chat thread is that the chat threaders are the only ones haivng any real complaints about things, though, those complaints are for the most part unfounded.
    Real complaints about what things?
    I don't know really, some shit about the mods being dicks or something. I'm annoyed that a mod pulls a stunt in the chat thread and the chat thread is the jury that decides the mod is unfit for the rest of G&T.

    I stepped into this after the fact, and I read this thread, and I probably still don't understand what happened.

    I'd just like to reiterate for the last time that Apotheos wasn't pulling a stunt. He was just commenting that 4chan was going to go back to being something that you just don't talk about. It escalated into a huge pissing contest, and then some poorly chosen words made it worse. By the way, experiment doesn't mean pre-meditated. It served as an experiment because it offered some insight as to what happens when you introduce an unwanted change, but it was not intended that way to begin with.
    Agreed.

    I'll just state for the sake of it that my point will be that the G&T Chat Thread is trying to be the ruling power of G&T. Or the decider.

    Henroid on
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Henroid wrote:
    Monoxide wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    I don't understand what the issue is with the chat thread. As long as people aren't posting porn or something in it, it doesn't really need moderation.
    My position on the chat thread is that the chat threaders are the only ones haivng any real complaints about things, though, those complaints are for the most part unfounded.
    Real complaints about what things?
    I don't know really, some shit about the mods being dicks or something. I'm annoyed that a mod pulls a stunt in the chat thread and the chat thread is the jury that decides the mod is unfit for the rest of G&T.

    I stepped into this after the fact, and I read this thread, and I probably still don't understand what happened.

    I'd just like to reiterate for the last time that Apotheos wasn't pulling a stunt. He was just commenting that 4chan was going to go back to being something that you just don't talk about. It escalated into a huge pissing contest, and then some poorly chosen words made it worse. By the way, experiment doesn't mean pre-meditated. It served as an experiment because it offered some insight as to what happens when you introduce an unwanted change, but it was not intended that way to begin with.
    Agreed.

    I'll just state for the sake of it that my point will be that the G&T Chat Thread is trying to be the ruling power of G&T. Or the decider.
    Interesting how that's even possible since the chat thread is not a monolithic entity

    Or the fucking Borg

    The chat thread is a thread in which people in G&T can chat

    It is not restricted to any group of people

    I realize this a very difficult concept

    Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • TofenheimerTofenheimer Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    I'm pretty sure that, given the general opinion of Apotheos presented in this thread, that it would have caused some drama no matter how it was presented. Quite possibly significantly less drama but 0 seems to be stretching it.

    Tofenheimer on
  • MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2006
    Target Practice, stop it. If you'd really like me to draft a document showing exactly what is acceptable and what isn't, I'll make one. But your little 13+ comments are just trolling, and entirely detrimental to either side of any argument. On a forum for a webcomic that uses language such as PA, language is not our concern here.

    I'd also like for you to find me a 13 year old who doesn't say the word "Fuck" when their parents aren't around. Seriously, try it.

    Monoxide on
  • NucshNucsh Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Kazhiim wrote:
    And SE++ is serving its purpose, but many of the chat-threaders are, to put it bluntly, goddamned idiots. Not in the sense that they're retarded, but that they're floating in the internets somewhere between gamefaqs and penny arcade, in terms of where they belong. The chat thread is a little safe haven for them, much as the breach in Helm's Deep was a safe haven for the orcs.

    Oh, hey, let's all overgeneralize.

    Nucsh on
    [SIGPIC]GIANT ENEMY BEAR[/SIGPIC]
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Henroid I'm just confused on how you got the idea that the chat thread consists of people who have nothing to do with G&T.

    Furu on
  • FierceDeity666FierceDeity666 Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Henroid wrote:
    Monoxide wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    I don't understand what the issue is with the chat thread. As long as people aren't posting porn or something in it, it doesn't really need moderation.
    My position on the chat thread is that the chat threaders are the only ones haivng any real complaints about things, though, those complaints are for the most part unfounded.
    Real complaints about what things?
    I don't know really, some shit about the mods being dicks or something. I'm annoyed that a mod pulls a stunt in the chat thread and the chat thread is the jury that decides the mod is unfit for the rest of G&T.

    I stepped into this after the fact, and I read this thread, and I probably still don't understand what happened.

    I'd just like to reiterate for the last time that Apotheos wasn't pulling a stunt. He was just commenting that 4chan was going to go back to being something that you just don't talk about. It escalated into a huge pissing contest, and then some poorly chosen words made it worse. By the way, experiment doesn't mean pre-meditated. It served as an experiment because it offered some insight as to what happens when you introduce an unwanted change, but it was not intended that way to begin with.
    Agreed.

    I'll just state for the sake of it that my point will be that the G&T Chat Thread is trying to be the ruling power of G&T. Or the decider.
    and it is the SECOND TO LAST thing that should be in the decision making process.

    the last thing is thoughtless muse.

    for obvious reasons.

    FierceDeity666 on
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Monoxide wrote:
    Target Practice, stop it. If you'd really like me to draft a document showing exactly what is acceptable and what isn't, I'll make one. But your little 13+ comments are just trolling, and entirely detrimental to either side of any argument. On a forum for a webcomic that uses language such as PA, language is not our concern here.

    I'd also like for you to find me a 13 year old who doesn't say the word "Fuck" when their parents aren't around. Seriously, try it.

    He was joking because Apotheos didn't want us to mention a site with "adult content"

    Mai-Kero on
  • MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2006
    Interesting how that's even possible since the chat thread is not a monolithic entity

    Or the fucking Borg

    The chat thread is a thread in which people in G&T can chat

    It is not restricted to any group of people

    I realize this a very difficult concept

    So why is the chat thread unrestricted but SE++ isn't?

    Monoxide on
  • *tyler**tyler* Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Monoxide wrote:
    Target Practice, stop it. If you'd really like me to draft a document showing exactly what is acceptable and what isn't, I'll make one. But your little 13+ comments are just trolling, and entirely detrimental to either side of any argument. On a forum for a webcomic that uses language such as PA, language is not our concern here.

    I'd also like for you to find me a 13 year old who doesn't say the word "Fuck" when their parents aren't around. Seriously, try it.

    He was joking because Apotheos didn't want us to mention a site with "adult content"

    Thanks for explaining that broham.

    *tyler* on
    withargho6tv.jpg
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2006
    Nucsh wrote:
    Oh, hey, let's all overgeneralize.

    Perhaps, but not by much. SE++ and the G&T chat thread seem alergic to one another, and I for one am tired of it.

    Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Monoxide wrote:
    Target Practice, stop it. If you'd really like me to draft a document showing exactly what is acceptable and what isn't, I'll make one. But your little 13+ comments are just trolling, and entirely detrimental to either side of any argument. On a forum for a webcomic that uses language such as PA, language is not our concern here.

    I'd also like for you to find me a 13 year old who doesn't say the word "Fuck" when their parents aren't around. Seriously, try it.

    He was joking because Apotheos didn't want us to mention a site with "adult content"

    Whoa dude, wait, seriously? His half a billion comments on how swearing isn't okay for 13 year olds were just some form of satire? I had no idea, thanks for pointing that out.

    But seriously, quit it.

    Monoxide on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    *response*
    Then explain to me why there wasn't any big push on the idea of the rest of G&T being affected by this supposed mod asshattery? The chat thread has something happen in it, and it pertains to the rest of G&T? This certainly isn't the case.

    Henroid on
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Monoxide wrote:
    Target Practice, stop it. If you'd really like me to draft a document showing exactly what is acceptable and what isn't, I'll make one. But your little 13+ comments are just trolling, and entirely detrimental to either side of any argument. On a forum for a webcomic that uses language such as PA, language is not our concern here.

    I'd also like for you to find me a 13 year old who doesn't say the word "Fuck" when their parents aren't around. Seriously, try it.
    If you want to go that route, find me 13-year-olds who don't look at porn when they're folks aren't looking over their shoulder

    The point of the "13+" thing is what parents would want their 13-year-old to be exposed to, not what they actually do themselves

    And under that logic 80% of the threads in the on-topic forums and 95% in SE go poof

    Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Non-Existent FreezerNon-Existent Freezer Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Kazhiim wrote:
    Abridged version: Everyone who posts in the G&T chat thread are idiots.
    Love you too, sweetie. <3

    Non-Existent Freezer on
    g2kc7.png
  • SilkyNumNutsSilkyNumNuts Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    What always amuses me is that even if someone does post something bad in the chat thread, it would be buried under a mountian of posts but for the issues made of it by the posters.

    I would say, even though I have been on the boards for a relatively short time and I am not the most active of posters, the attitude many of the G&T mods have is horrilble. Most people, were they to act this way, would have been banned many many times. Sometimes it is amusing when a mod goes mad. They have a responsibility, and that's just letting off steam.

    However, many of several mods posts are such that they are incredibly off-topic and have direct attacks on those posting - If you are a mod, you should set an example.

    I think that G&T needs more mods, and better ones.

    I think ridiculing a person who has made a bad thread is wrong, and creates a horrible place to be. Lock it, and politely inform them by PM that that was a bad thread. Don't leave it open so forumers may gang up on each other.

    meh. those were my two pennies.

    SilkyNumNuts on
  • FierceDeity666FierceDeity666 Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Monoxide wrote:
    Interesting how that's even possible since the chat thread is not a monolithic entity

    Or the fucking Borg

    The chat thread is a thread in which people in G&T can chat

    It is not restricted to any group of people

    I realize this a very difficult concept

    So why is the chat thread unrestricted but SE++ isn't?
    because SE, to the best of my knowledge, employs a dedicated mod force that has contained several sociopathic sadists.

    people like that tend to be good at keeping people in line.

    G&T Chat has no such force. instead it relies on the basic G&T force, which does not have the sociopath content of SE.

    FierceDeity666 on
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2006
    I need to know this. I want anybody who is reading this thread and has ever posted in the chat thead to answer this question:


    Why not use SE++?

    Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
This discussion has been closed.