As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T open discussion thread

1679111214

Posts

  • MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2006
    welcome to fag city

    am i right?

    Monoxide on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2006
    Kazhiim wrote:
    Abridged version: Everyone who posts in the G&T chat thread are idiots.
    Love you too, sweetie. <3

    That isn't even what my quoted text said. Accuse me of overgeneralizing if you like, but don't go and do the same thing in the other direction.

    Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Monoxide wrote:
    Interesting how that's even possible since the chat thread is not a monolithic entity

    Or the fucking Borg

    The chat thread is a thread in which people in G&T can chat

    It is not restricted to any group of people

    I realize this a very difficult concept

    So why is the chat thread unrestricted but SE++ isn't?
    What?

    I'm not one of the people claiming SE boots out people from elsewhere, though I have seen it.

    I just generally don't like SE on principle.

    Though I will admit it's better now than it used to be.
    Henroid wrote:
    *response*
    Then explain to me why there wasn't any big push on the idea of the rest of G&T being affected by this supposed mod asshattery? The chat thread has something happen in it, and it pertains to the rest of G&T? This certainly isn't the case.
    Where exactly would people who don't post in the chat thread register their complaints? The DS thread?

    Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • FierceDeity666FierceDeity666 Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Kazhiim wrote:
    I need to know this. I want anybody who is reading this thread and has ever posted in the chat thead to answer this question:


    Why not use SE++?
    because you CAN'T FUCKING MIX OIL AND WATER.

    FierceDeity666 on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Kazhiim wrote:
    I need to know this. I want anybody who is reading this thread and has ever posted in the chat thead to answer this question:


    Why not use SE++?

    Because the place can't hold a single train of thought for five seconds because every thread devolves into people doing random shit and generally being annoying.

    Furu on
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2006
    Kazhiim wrote:
    I need to know this. I want anybody who is reading this thread and has ever posted in the chat thead to answer this question:


    Why not use SE++?
    because you CAN'T FUCKING MIX OIL AND WATER.

    Okay vague metaphors

    that's how we'll solve this problem, yup

    Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Furu wrote:
    Henroid I'm just confused on how you got the idea that the chat thread consists of people who have nothing to do with G&T.
    It's rather difficult to explain. For the purpose of this discussion, it's the cause of almost all the drama G&T sees. But for the purpose of a chat-thread focused discussion... the chat thread is nothing like how it was supposed to be.

    The rest of the forum has fleshed out to serve whatever purpose the chat thread was supposed to fill.

    Henroid on
  • suttbeckssuttbecks Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Kazhiim wrote:
    I need to know this. I want anybody who is reading this thread and has ever posted in the chat thead to answer this question:


    Why not use SE++?
    Because I'm all "Hello"
    and they are all "gb2gamefaqs"

    suttbecks on
  • MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2006
    Furu wrote:
    Kazhiim wrote:
    I need to know this. I want anybody who is reading this thread and has ever posted in the chat thead to answer this question:


    Why not use SE++?

    Because the place can't hold a single train of thought for five seconds because every thread devolves into people doing random shit and generally being annoying.

    So I searched for Furu posts in SE++
    Information

    No topics or posts met your search criteria

    Monoxide on
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Kazhiim wrote:
    Kazhiim wrote:
    I need to know this. I want anybody who is reading this thread and has ever posted in the chat thead to answer this question:


    Why not use SE++?
    because you CAN'T FUCKING MIX OIL AND WATER.

    Okay vague metaphors

    that's how we'll solve this problem, yup

    Two main reasons:

    1. You get different kinds of discussion in the places.

    2. Certain people in SE++ jump instantly on GnT people for going into SE++ no matter what they say. Seriously. TFS and Slungsolow are the biggest offenders of this but there are many of them.

    Mai-Kero on
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Monoxide wrote:
    Furu wrote:
    Kazhiim wrote:
    I need to know this. I want anybody who is reading this thread and has ever posted in the chat thead to answer this question:


    Why not use SE++?

    Because the place can't hold a single train of thought for five seconds because every thread devolves into people doing random shit and generally being annoying.

    So I searched for Furu posts in SE++
    Information

    No topics or posts met your search criteria
    Well that's certainly an accurate depiction of whether or not he's lurked there

    Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    suttbecks wrote:
    Kazhiim wrote:
    I need to know this. I want anybody who is reading this thread and has ever posted in the chat thead to answer this question:


    Why not use SE++?
    Because I'm all "Hello"
    and they are all "gb2gamefaqs"
    That's not how you post in SE++. :?

    Henroid on
  • SlungsolowSlungsolow Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2006
    suttbecks wrote:
    Kazhiim wrote:
    I need to know this. I want anybody who is reading this thread and has ever posted in the chat thead to answer this question:


    Why not use SE++?
    Because I'm all "Hello"
    and they are all "gb2gamefaqs"

    making a thread in se++ that says "hello" is against the rules.

    Slungsolow on
    fuck your forums, fuck your administrator and fuck dynagrip for getting away with the long troll.
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2006
    Kazhiim wrote:
    I need to know this. I want anybody who is reading this thread and has ever posted in the chat thead to answer this question:


    Why not use SE++?
    because you CAN'T FUCKING MIX OIL AND WATER.

    Sure you can. You just have to keep agitating it.

    Now if you want to use a better metaphor, please do.

    Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2006
    Let me pose this question, which is purely metaphorical.

    If the G&T chat thread doesn't fit in G&T, which is an on topic forum that is supposed to be heavily moderated, and it doesn't fit in SE++, which is an off-topic forum that is supposed to be lightly moderated, where exactly does it belong?

    Monoxide on
  • AlwaysAngryGuyAlwaysAngryGuy Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    I really don't understand the "need more mods" argument. I think you guys are confusing the responsibilities of a mod with that of a baby sitter. Honestly, stuff that needs to be taken care of by mods is. When some idiot comes in and floods the site with furry porn, it is cleaned up real quick. However, just because everytime someone says something mean to you a mod doesn't pop up doesn't mean we need more mods.

    AlwaysAngryGuy on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Monoxide wrote:
    Furu wrote:
    Kazhiim wrote:
    I need to know this. I want anybody who is reading this thread and has ever posted in the chat thead to answer this question:


    Why not use SE++?

    Because the place can't hold a single train of thought for five seconds because every thread devolves into people doing random shit and generally being annoying.

    So I searched for Furu posts in SE++
    Information

    No topics or posts met your search criteria

    Yes, you see, I have eyes and can read things. I don't need to start posting in some place I know isn't for me to know that it isn't for me.

    I don't like SE++ because I believe it is a hostile and dickish enviroment and I don't want to be involved with people like that.

    Furu on
  • David ByrneDavid Byrne Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2006
    Personally, I enjoy the G&T chat thread on account of the fact that a) it's running at just the right speed for me and b) I can really only dedicate so much of my energy focused on reading one forum at a time. This was borne out of a habit of just reading G&T for news and the like.

    Not really enjoying being called an idiot, though.

    David Byrne on
    talkingheads.jpg
  • FierceDeity666FierceDeity666 Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Kazhiim wrote:
    Kazhiim wrote:
    I need to know this. I want anybody who is reading this thread and has ever posted in the chat thead to answer this question:


    Why not use SE++?
    because you CAN'T FUCKING MIX OIL AND WATER.

    Okay vague metaphors

    that's how we'll solve this problem, yup
    you can't put a dingo farm near an orphanage.

    you can't put a ninjitsu dojo near a carribean port.

    you can't put pat robertson near logical people.

    you can't put jackie chan near chuck norris.

    you can't put macguyver neaqr the Voyager's dish.

    FierceDeity666 on
  • SlungsolowSlungsolow Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Kazhiim wrote:
    Kazhiim wrote:
    I need to know this. I want anybody who is reading this thread and has ever posted in the chat thead to answer this question:


    Why not use SE++?
    because you CAN'T FUCKING MIX OIL AND WATER.

    Okay vague metaphors

    that's how we'll solve this problem, yup

    Two main reasons:

    1. You get different kinds of discussion in the places.

    2. Certain people in SE++ jump instantly on GnT people for going into SE++ no matter what they say. Seriously. TFS and Slungsolow are the biggest offenders of this but there are many of them.

    what? How many G&Ters can say that I jumped on them when they posted in se++? Can you link to an example?

    Slungsolow on
    fuck your forums, fuck your administrator and fuck dynagrip for getting away with the long troll.
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Slungsolow wrote:
    suttbecks wrote:
    Kazhiim wrote:
    I need to know this. I want anybody who is reading this thread and has ever posted in the chat thead to answer this question:


    Why not use SE++?
    Because I'm all "Hello"
    and they are all "gb2gamefaqs"

    making a thread in se++ that says "hello" is against the rules.

    What about saying "Hello" in currently existing rules? Because there are hundreds of those posts in SE++ by SE++ regulars, but if a non-SE++ regular does it they are told to go back to GnT.

    Mai-Kero on
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Monoxide wrote:
    Let me pose this question, which is purely metaphorical.

    If the G&T chat thread doesn't fit in G&T, which is an on topic forum that is supposed to be heavily moderated, and it doesn't fit in SE++, which is an off-topic forum that is supposed to be lightly moderated, where exactly does it belong?
    It belongs in G&T, where it exists as THE SOLE OFF-TOPIC THREAD

    Just as the D&D chat thread, the Writing Block chat thread, the Artist's Corner chat thread, ETC

    Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Henroid wrote:
    *response*
    Then explain to me why there wasn't any big push on the idea of the rest of G&T being affected by this supposed mod asshattery? The chat thread has something happen in it, and it pertains to the rest of G&T? This certainly isn't the case.
    Where exactly would people who don't post in the chat thread register their complaints? The DS thread?
    The Monkey Den for starters.

    Henroid on
  • MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2006
    Monoxide wrote:
    Let me pose this question, which is purely metaphorical.

    If the G&T chat thread doesn't fit in G&T, which is an on topic forum that is supposed to be heavily moderated, and it doesn't fit in SE++, which is an off-topic forum that is supposed to be lightly moderated, where exactly does it belong?
    It belongs in G&T, where it exists as THE SOLE OFF-TOPIC THREAD

    But G&T doesn't have any off-topic threads, because it's an on-topic forum.

    Next question please. You there, in the blue shirt.

    Monoxide on
  • suttbeckssuttbecks Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Slungsolow wrote:
    suttbecks wrote:
    Kazhiim wrote:
    I need to know this. I want anybody who is reading this thread and has ever posted in the chat thead to answer this question:


    Why not use SE++?
    Because I'm all "Hello"
    and they are all "gb2gamefaqs"

    making a thread in se++ that says "hello" is against the rules.
    well replace hello with anything else that I post

    suttbecks on
  • SlungsolowSlungsolow Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Slungsolow wrote:
    suttbecks wrote:
    Kazhiim wrote:
    I need to know this. I want anybody who is reading this thread and has ever posted in the chat thead to answer this question:


    Why not use SE++?
    Because I'm all "Hello"
    and they are all "gb2gamefaqs"

    making a thread in se++ that says "hello" is against the rules.

    What about saying "Hello" in currently existing rules? Because there are hundreds of those posts in SE++ by SE++ regulars, but if a non-SE++ regular does it they are told to go back to GnT.

    I said "making a thread", not posting in a topic.

    Slungsolow on
    fuck your forums, fuck your administrator and fuck dynagrip for getting away with the long troll.
  • David ByrneDavid Byrne Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2006
    Monoxide wrote:
    Monoxide wrote:
    Let me pose this question, which is purely metaphorical.

    If the G&T chat thread doesn't fit in G&T, which is an on topic forum that is supposed to be heavily moderated, and it doesn't fit in SE++, which is an off-topic forum that is supposed to be lightly moderated, where exactly does it belong?
    It belongs in G&T, where it exists as THE SOLE OFF-TOPIC THREAD

    But G&T doesn't have any off-topic threads, because it's an on-topic forum.

    Next question please. You there, in the blue shirt.

    It's indigo.

    David Byrne on
    talkingheads.jpg
  • PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2006
    Monoxide wrote:
    pheezer FD wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    I don't understand what the issue is with the chat thread. As long as people aren't posting porn or something in it, it doesn't really need moderation.
    My position on the chat thread is that the chat threaders are the only ones haivng any real complaints about things, though, those complaints are for the most part unfounded.

    Yes but the thing neither of you realize is that you're both wrong.

    Should I bother explaining that statement or do you guys want to just skip to the part where you point out what a prick I am and I'll spend the ten minutes required jerking off instead?

    You should go ahead and explain it, so I don't have to.

    Alright.

    Point the first:
    The chat thread needs moderation. Why? Because it is a construct with certain goals and it must adhere to certain rules and standards. All three of these facets are equally important.
    The goal is to provide a location for people to have conversations about topics not appropriate to the forum dedicated to video games and technology. For instance, the world cup, or the new Superman movie (totally fucking rad, for the record).
    The rules come in where there are certain subjects you're barred from discussing, like where to download things protected by copyrights, or how terrible my latest moderating decision was, or how much everyone hates Henroid.
    The standards come in where we expect a certain manner of decorum. Yes, it's the Internet. No, it's not GameFAQs. You people have lower standards for post quality than any other forum here and don't you even start in on that anti-SE bandwagon crap because it's the height of bullshit coming from G&T chat threaders. You want to see a real chat thread? Go look in D&D. They talk about things and have actual discussions. A lot of the time it's about inane shit like how awful work was or what they did over the weekend but guess what that's the point of the chat thread. Casual conversations that don't fit elsewhere or couldn't happen elsewhere.
    The standards also apply in another manner. D&D had to crack down on homosexual innuendo a while back, not because gays are gross, but because it was overwhelming actual conversation, and it was lewd to the point of being inappropriate. The same would have happened if it were boy-girl innuendo, too.


    None of these three facets will uphold themselves. Social Darwinism doesn't work on the Internet that way, what happens is the chat thread devolves to the point where it's a place for a small clique to post images they dredged up on a porn site, be rude to outsiders and develop xenophobic complexes.


    Now it didn't get here because you're all bad people. The same thing would happen in SE if they didn't have the best moderator we've ever had keeping an eye on the place. The same thing would happen in D&D if they didn't have the absolutely crack crew they've got. G&T has great people on staff too, but the chat thread got neglected. It didn't seem important at the time and there was a lack of will on the parts of certain individuals to enforce rules that they personally disliked, leading to an overall breakdown. I, and everyone else on the team, are very sorry we let you down. So we're trying to fix things here.

    Fixing things means moderating the chat thread. There are problems with it, namely the fact that it utterly fails to adhere to the standards of anywhere else on the forums, the fact that it in no way accomplishes its goals the way the D&D chat thread does, and the fact that quite often the rules just end up out the window.


    Now I realize that many of you disagree with those goals and feel that the real goal should be to provide a place for you to post anything and just dick about. That's great, but no one cares what you think because you're wrong and you don't get to make that decision. It's not a democracy, never has been and never will be, so if that's your aim, abandon all hope now and move on. You'll be happier and so will we.

    I realize also that many of you will take offense to the suggestion that you fail to meet our standards for decorum, and that some of you will even go so far as to suggest that us even having standards for your behaviour proves that we're a bunch of overly detached jerks with superiority complexes that aren't here for the community because the community is clearly defined by you and your handful of buddies. I don't really have a counter to this one, except to point out that this would be a good example of tragic irony if you ever were hard up for one.

    And finally, some of you argue that because we're not part of your community that we don't understand it and that because of this we can't hope to know what's best for it. The thing is, we do know what's best for your community. You would be best served by starting your own treehouse. The rest of the community would be served best by you obeying the rules, or as stated, leaving. Yes, this is awfully callous. Imagine what breaking up with me must be like.
    The real crux of this specific issue however, is that this argument is completely irrelevant to the fact that we established the chat for a reason, that it ran with a reason and goals and rules and moderation and that having allowed it to drift without our continual input has lead to those goals and rules and reasons being abandoned. But we still know. We still remember. We therefore are more than adequately equipped to know what's best for the forums.

    You're not the forums. You're tiny. Tiny, tiny, tiny. There's at most I'd wager a dozen to two dozen of you who are specifically hardliners opposed to this whole deal. That's nothing, nothing compared to the current forum membership overall and less than nothing compared to the number of people who have come and gone. You're just louder, more offensive and a great deal ruder than most. And that's coming from me, pheezer.


    So that's that. This post is a good deal more than what mono asked for but hey, I'm trying to make up for what I've lost in post quantity lately.

    Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Monoxide wrote:
    Target Practice, stop it. If you'd really like me to draft a document showing exactly what is acceptable and what isn't, I'll make one. But your little 13+ comments are just trolling, and entirely detrimental to either side of any argument. On a forum for a webcomic that uses language such as PA, language is not our concern here.

    I'd also like for you to find me a 13 year old who doesn't say the word "Fuck" when their parents aren't around. Seriously, try it.
    If you want to go that route, find me 13-year-olds who don't look at porn when they're folks aren't looking over their shoulder

    The point of the "13+" thing is what parents would want their 13-year-old to be exposed to, not what they actually do themselves

    And under that logic 80% of the threads in the on-topic forums and 95% in SE go poof

    Not to be a bitch, but you could probably find that fairly easily.

    TheSonicRetard on
  • SixfortyfiveSixfortyfive Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Monoxide wrote:
    Let me pose this question, which is purely metaphorical.

    If the G&T chat thread doesn't fit in G&T, which is an on topic forum that is supposed to be heavily moderated, and it doesn't fit in SE++, which is an off-topic forum that is supposed to be lightly moderated, where exactly does it belong?
    D&D?

    Sixfortyfive on
    poasting something foolishly foolish.
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2006
    Kazhiim wrote:
    Kazhiim wrote:
    I need to know this. I want anybody who is reading this thread and has ever posted in the chat thead to answer this question:


    Why not use SE++?
    because you CAN'T FUCKING MIX OIL AND WATER.

    Okay vague metaphors

    that's how we'll solve this problem, yup
    you can't put a dingo farm near an orphanage.

    you can't put a ninjitsu dojo near a carribean port.

    you can't put pat robertson near logical people.

    you can't put jackie chan near chuck norris.

    you can't put macguyver neaqr the Voyager's dish.

    if you're going to call SE++ retarded, then I reserve the right to call everybody in the chat thread fuckwits

    Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Monoxide wrote:
    Monoxide wrote:
    Let me pose this question, which is purely metaphorical.

    If the G&T chat thread doesn't fit in G&T, which is an on topic forum that is supposed to be heavily moderated, and it doesn't fit in SE++, which is an off-topic forum that is supposed to be lightly moderated, where exactly does it belong?
    It belongs in G&T, where it exists as THE SOLE OFF-TOPIC THREAD

    But G&T doesn't have any off-topic threads, because it's an on-topic forum.

    Next question please. You there, in the blue shirt.
    So you're being wilfully obtuse

    Glad we cleared that up

    Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • *tyler**tyler* Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    You don't introduce yourself to SE++. Just show up.

    *tyler* on
    withargho6tv.jpg
  • PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2006
    Henroid wrote:
    Henroid wrote:
    *response*
    Then explain to me why there wasn't any big push on the idea of the rest of G&T being affected by this supposed mod asshattery? The chat thread has something happen in it, and it pertains to the rest of G&T? This certainly isn't the case.
    Where exactly would people who don't post in the chat thread register their complaints? The DS thread?
    The Monkey Den for starters.

    No, actually, because that's not the intent of this forum. We're borrowing it and making an exception with this thread, but we are permitted a certain amount of license, I hope.

    Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • SlungsolowSlungsolow Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2006
    *tyler* wrote:
    You don't introduce yourself to SE++. Just show up.

    thank you.

    Slungsolow on
    fuck your forums, fuck your administrator and fuck dynagrip for getting away with the long troll.
  • NucshNucsh Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Personally, I enjoy the G&T chat thread on account of the fact that a) it's running at just the right speed for me and b) I can really only dedicate so much of my energy focused on reading one forum at a time. This was borne out of a habit of just reading G&T for news and the like.

    Not really enjoying being called an idiot, though.


    Im just pretty much lurking this at this point and doubling anything someone else says that I agree with. I'm much to tired to formulate a coherant post, I hope this is acceptable.

    Nucsh on
    [SIGPIC]GIANT ENEMY BEAR[/SIGPIC]
  • MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2006
    Monoxide wrote:
    Monoxide wrote:
    Let me pose this question, which is purely metaphorical.

    If the G&T chat thread doesn't fit in G&T, which is an on topic forum that is supposed to be heavily moderated, and it doesn't fit in SE++, which is an off-topic forum that is supposed to be lightly moderated, where exactly does it belong?
    It belongs in G&T, where it exists as THE SOLE OFF-TOPIC THREAD

    But G&T doesn't have any off-topic threads, because it's an on-topic forum.

    Next question please. You there, in the blue shirt.
    So you're being wilfully obtuse

    Glad we cleared that up

    I know, it's great, isn't it? It's almost like claiming discussing porn sites and saying "fuck" are in the same category.

    Monoxide on
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Kazhiim wrote:
    Kazhiim wrote:
    Kazhiim wrote:
    I need to know this. I want anybody who is reading this thread and has ever posted in the chat thead to answer this question:


    Why not use SE++?
    because you CAN'T FUCKING MIX OIL AND WATER.

    Okay vague metaphors

    that's how we'll solve this problem, yup
    you can't put a dingo farm near an orphanage.

    you can't put a ninjitsu dojo near a carribean port.

    you can't put pat robertson near logical people.

    you can't put jackie chan near chuck norris.

    you can't put macguyver neaqr the Voyager's dish.

    if you're going to call SE++ retarded, then I reserve the right to call everybody in the chat thread fuckwits
    Fine.

    So let's keep the retards and the fuckwits seperate, since they obviously don't get on well together.

    Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Nfinit VylenceNfinit Vylence Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Monoxide wrote:
    Let me pose this question, which is purely metaphorical.

    If the G&T chat thread doesn't fit in G&T, which is an on topic forum that is supposed to be heavily moderated, and it doesn't fit in SE++, which is an off-topic forum that is supposed to be lightly moderated, where exactly does it belong?

    Why does this have to be a black or white situation?

    It seems you guys are manufaucturing a crisis here.

    Nfinit Vylence on
    The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides. -- Carl Sagan

    For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love. -- Also Carl Sagan
  • *tyler**tyler* Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Slungsolow wrote:
    *tyler* wrote:
    You don't introduce yourself to SE++. Just show up.

    thank you.

    The first thing that we think when you say 'hey first time psoting here :)' is that you don't belong.

    *tyler* on
    withargho6tv.jpg
This discussion has been closed.