Zodiac Brave on
  • Options
    B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Lanz wrote:
    Page- wrote:
    Page- wrote:
    Page- wrote:
    I've got another question: You can combine Z and X, and since the whole Double Rock-on thing is a game feature, I imagine you can combine the others, too. Any news on how that works? And do the two characters still play differently? I've read that more than a few times, but never once read how.

If you look at the names of all the _X forms, you'll notice that they are mixtures of two Livemetals. PX, for instance, is Phantom X.

Aha. That makes sense, I guess. Does that mean all forms have to mix through X or maybe Z?

But I still don't know what the different characters do.

I was wondering that myself (if you can only mix Livemetals with X or with Z as well). I imagine only X, as it appears that Z is unplayable.

I think the guy who gets Z (your boss) gets mangled somehow and passes it on to you, so he must be playable?

he doesn't seem to be

Since there appears to be a ZX form I'm placing my bets on them pulling something along the lines of getting the "story" Z-buster in MMX without doing what you had to do in Flame Mammoths stage.

You'll probably be ridiculously powerful and mow through the enemies as ZX, but still be only a waif compared to the final boss

B.C. on
    Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    B.C. wrote:
    Lanz wrote:
    Page- wrote:
    Page- wrote:
    Page- wrote:
    I've got another question: You can combine Z and X, and since the whole Double Rock-on thing is a game feature, I imagine you can combine the others, too. Any news on how that works? And do the two characters still play differently? I've read that more than a few times, but never once read how.

If you look at the names of all the _X forms, you'll notice that they are mixtures of two Livemetals. PX, for instance, is Phantom X.

Aha. That makes sense, I guess. Does that mean all forms have to mix through X or maybe Z?

I was wondering that myself (if you can only mix Livemetals with X or with Z as well). I imagine only X, as it appears that Z is unplayable.

I think the guy who gets Z (your boss) gets mangled somehow and passes it on to you, so he must be playable?

he doesn't seem to be

Since there appears to be a ZX form I'm placing my bets on them pulling something along the lines of getting the "story" Z-buster in MMX without doing what you had to do in Flame Mammoths stage.

You'll probably be ridiculously powerful and mow through the enemies as ZX, but still be only a waif compared to the final boss

I was under the impression that it happened near the start of the game, though. I am often wrong.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Page- wrote:
    B.C. wrote:
    Lanz wrote:
    Page- wrote:
    Page- wrote:
    Page- wrote:

he doesn't seem to be

I was under the impression that it happened near the start of the game, though. I am often wrong.

getting the ZX form has been a very confusing bit for me. they haven't seemed to explain just when you get it, unlike the other metals

Lanz on
  • Options
    MegaMan AddictMegaMan Addict Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Awesome OP. Is that commercial for just the game, or is it for a new TV series or both?

Regardless, my frothing demand for this game increases. You finally get a chance to play as the Guardians (at least in spirit) from the MMZ games? And they introduce a playable female protagonist? Fuck yes.

MegaMan Addict on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Awesome OP. Is that commercial for just the game, or is it for a new TV series or both?

Regardless, my frothing demand for this game increases. You finally get a chance to play as the Guardians (at least in spirit) from the MMZ games? And they introduce a playable female protagonist? Fuck yes.

as far as I know, just a commercial for hte game as of now.

I say they'd be fools not to do a TV Adaption

Lanz on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    BiggNife wrote:
    Page- wrote:
    He's not evil, he's just drawn that way.
    Yeah, and in MMZ2 [spoiler:4256acf510]Elpizo wasn't evil either. OH WAIT

They did it once, I wouldnt be surprised at all if they do it again.[/spoiler:4256acf510]
    [spoiler:4256acf510]Wouldn't be surprised? This is C A P C O M. These are the same people who have played the "Zero is dead and/or gone and never coming back" card no less than Four times.

You can bet dollars to doughnuts that they'll do it again.[/spoiler:4256acf510]

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I am hot hot hot for this game, especially after replaying the Zero series, and let's be serious here. This is basically Zero 5.

However:

[spoiler:fb2e41193e]Can Serpent really get a Vile/Weil livemetal anyway? Vile was a human, not a Reploid.[/spoiler:fb2e41193e]

Furu on
  • Options
    TofenheimerTofenheimer Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Furu wrote:
    I am hot hot hot for this game, especially after replaying the Zero series, and let's be serious here. This is basically Zero 5.

However:

[spoiler:bb9bcba3cb]Can Serpent really get a Vile/Weil livemetal anyway? Vile was a human, not a Reploid.[/spoiler:bb9bcba3cb]

Zero 4 ending spoilers:
    [spoiler:bb9bcba3cb]Weil was far from human. He had enough bodywork done on himself so he might as well have been a reploid.[/spoiler:bb9bcba3cb]

Tofenheimer on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Furu wrote:

However:

[spoiler:d3c603a87a]Can Serpent really get a Vile/Weil livemetal anyway? Vile was a human, not a Reploid.[/spoiler:d3c603a87a]

Zero 4 ending spoilers:
    [spoiler:d3c603a87a]Weil was far from human. He had enough bodywork done on himself so he might as well have been a reploid.[/spoiler:d3c603a87a]

[spoiler:d3c603a87a]Well the question is if whether Livemetals require you to just have robotic parts or its just one of those weird Reploid things like having ghosts (Cyber Elves)[/spoiler:d3c603a87a]

Furu on
  • Options
    TofenheimerTofenheimer Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Furu wrote:
    [spoiler:9548df247f]Well the question is if whether Livemetals require you to just have robotic parts or its just one of those weird Reploid things like having ghosts (Cyber Elves)[/spoiler:9548df247f]
    [spoiler:9548df247f]As far as I remember Weil actually had his mind transferred into a reploid brain so I think this distinction is moot in his case.[/spoiler:9548df247f]

Tofenheimer on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Furu wrote:
    [spoiler:e767e8ed04]Well the question is if whether Livemetals require you to just have robotic parts or its just one of those weird Reploid things like having ghosts (Cyber Elves)[/spoiler:e767e8ed04]
    [spoiler:e767e8ed04]As far as I remember Weil actually had his mind transferred into a reploid brain so I think this distinction is moot in his case.[/spoiler:e767e8ed04]

Okay, good point.

Now, for more tangible question: Purpill the Mandroid, great boss name, or the greatest boss name?

Furu on
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Furu wrote:
    Furu wrote:
    [spoiler:0c6c7bb283]Well the question is if whether Livemetals require you to just have robotic parts or its just one of those weird Reploid things like having ghosts (Cyber Elves)[/spoiler:0c6c7bb283]
    [spoiler:0c6c7bb283]As far as I remember Weil actually had his mind transferred into a reploid brain so I think this distinction is moot in his case.[/spoiler:0c6c7bb283]

Okay, good point.

Now, for more tangible question: Purpill the Mandroid, great boss name, or the greatest boss name?

Greatest.

JayKaos on
    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    mccmcc glitch Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2006
    So uh wait

When does this come out

mcc on
  • Options
    ImranImran Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    mcc wrote:
    So uh wait

When does this come out
    9/12

Imran on
    nanasigsmallerrj4.jpg
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Imran wrote:
    mcc wrote:
    So uh wait

When does this come out
    9/12

9/12?

That's pretty much just two months away! Yay!

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    I wonder how many of us are going to end up importing it

Lanz on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Lanz wrote:
    I wonder how many of us are going to end up importing it

You can't wait two months?

Furu on
  • Options
    revolverevolve Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I'd like a Megaman game with...you know, Megaman.

revolve on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Eliot DuboisEliot Dubois Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    revolve wrote:

Megaman 9? Sounds good to me.

Eliot Dubois on
    laliban.jpg
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    revolve wrote:

Megaman 9 ~= Megaman & Bass.

Get it for the GBA. It's good.

But I'd like a 'true' megaman 9, too, myself.

Mmm... I can't wait for ZX.. ahhh

slash000 on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    This game comes out 2 days before my birthday.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    slash000 wrote:
    revolve wrote:

But I'd like a 'true' megaman 9, too, myself.

Mmm... I can't wait for ZX.. ahhh

MM&B isn't that great thanks to the whole scrolling problem that makes almost all of your jumps blind ones.

I am so looking forward to ZX. Fuck the original series. There's nothing there that hasn't been done better by X and Zero.

Furu on
  • Options
    AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I am enjoying the new designs.

However, I kinda miss the old Megaman I'm more used to (up to the X series?). Is this a side project or the direction all megaman games will be going from this onwards?

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • Options
    AkatsukiAkatsuki Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    This looks hot but megaman games are usually stupid hard. Hey look, I can only shoot forward!
    (bear in mind that I haven't played a lot of megaman games, so I might be wrong :P)

Akatsuki on
    Preacher wrote:
    ...my inner weaboo can kawaii all over this desu.

Pokémon HGSS: 1205 1613 4041
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Airan wrote:
    I am enjoying the new designs.

However, I kinda miss the old Megaman I'm more used to (up to the X series?). Is this a side project or the direction all megaman games will be going from this onwards?

This is presumably the fifth game in the Zero series, which comes chronologically after the original and X, but before Legends.

I doubt we'll get another MM Classic game any time soon.

Furu on
  • Options
    NeoflyNeofly Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    revolve wrote:

And for the NES.

I didn't like much Megaman 7, but I still enjoyed it. Megaman 8 is a turd.

Change? Innovation? Fuck that noise.

Neofly on
  • Options
    poik007poik007 Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Doo doo doo DOOO! SUPER FIGHTING ROBOTS

MEGAMAN

poik007 on
    DIYD_M3_bannered2.png
  • Options
    NeoflyNeofly Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    This game comes out 2 days after my birthday.

Fixed.

Maybe it is a signal. The graphics look shinyficent. Oooh, shiny things!

Neofly on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2006
    slash000 wrote:
    revolve wrote:

It's so much better on SNES. Sure, you can't read the data CD text (it was never released out of Japan), but after playing it on SNES (via a coworker) I can't even touch it on GBA.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    LlyranorLlyranor Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Maybe it's just me, but I can't find the E3 trailer from the OP, so here's some gameplay footage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qex-bvLTi2w&search=zx
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64frXBMRN54&search=zx

It'd be really cool if you could mix the different armors without having to go through X. FP, HL, ZF, so many possibilities. But I get the impression you'll only be able to add to X, though.

This game looks awesome.

Llyranor on
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Keith wrote:
    slash000 wrote:
    revolve wrote:

It's so much better on SNES. Sure, you can't read the data CD text (it was never released out of Japan), but after playing it on SNES (via a coworker) I can't even touch it on GBA.

All right, I agree; the SNES game is better due to its larger viewable area. But you won't be able to get the game outside of Japan. Whereas the US gba version is pretty common in game stores' used sections.

Its still great.

slash000 on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    You have no idea how much I want this game.

I shall need to find a way to survive the wait. Perhaps more Zero 3 replays are in order? I still need to get a lot of stuff, and a buster-only playthrough could be very fun.

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Furu wrote:
    I am so looking forward to ZX. Fuck the original series. There's nothing there that hasn't been done better by X and Zero.
    It's funny, I usually catch hell for making this comment.

The original series was held down by technical limitations. Everything people consider the core of Mega Man 1-8 is purely tradition at this point. The X and Zero series have taken the core concept and built upon it. Gameplay's faster and more intense and you never have anyone other than yourself to blame for death.

If you really want to play Mega Man again, then play X without dashing, charging, and not jumping very high.

Imran on
    nanasigsmallerrj4.jpg
  • Options
    BiggNifeBiggNife Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Llyranor wrote:
    Maybe it's just me, but I can't find the E3 trailer from the OP, so here's some gameplay footage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qex-bvLTi2w&search=zx
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64frXBMRN54&search=zx

It'd be really cool if you could mix the different armors without having to go through X. FP, HL, ZF, so many possibilities. But I get the impression you'll only be able to add to X, though.

This game looks awesome.
    Just to lay the whole Serpent thing to rest...

[spoiler:8c3bfc47cf]In the first trailer, when it says "Who is the real enemy?" you can see Serpent's silouette. That confirms it.[/spoiler:8c3bfc47cf]

BiggNife on
  • Options
    LordOfMeepLordOfMeep Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Imran wrote:
    Furu wrote:

The original series was held down by technical limitations. Everything people consider the core of Mega Man 1-8 is purely tradition at this point. The X and Zero series have taken the core concept and built upon it. Gameplay's faster and more intense and you never have anyone other than yourself to blame for death.

If you really want to play Mega Man again, then play X without dashing, charging, and not jumping very high.
    However, I would want one just for the sake of explaining just what the hell happened between MM and X. Hell, they could explain it in an X game and I'd accept that.

LordOfMeep on
    SpaceGarSig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Teirusu wrote:
    Imran wrote:
    Furu wrote:

However, I would want one just for the sake of explaining just what the hell happened between MM and X. Hell, they could explain it in an X game and I'd accept that.
    What's with this obsession with absolutely having to see what takes place between them?

No one's complaining that they haven't made an Elf Wars game yet. That event dictated pretty much everything that happens after Mega Man X, but surprisingly, people aren't clamoring that they make enough X games to cover it.

Imran on
    nanasigsmallerrj4.jpg
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Teirusu wrote:
    Imran wrote:
    Furu wrote:

That would be pretty awesome if it were a classic MM game. Megaman: Cataclysm... they could even do it 3d in Powered Up or MHX style. That would be awesome.

JayKaos on
    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    BiggNifeBiggNife Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Imran wrote:
    Teirusu wrote:
    Imran wrote:
    Furu wrote:

What's with this obsession with absolutely having to see what takes place between them?

No one's complaining that they haven't made an Elf Wars game yet. That event dictated pretty much everything that happens after Mega Man X, but surprisingly, people aren't clamoring that they make enough X games to cover it.

Isnt the rumor du jour that ZX is somehow going to connect to Legends? I remember Capcom said somewhere that the Legends series isnt an alternate timeline, but rather the last series in the core megaman timeline (Megaman, MMX, MMZ, ZX). But they have never given an explanation as to why or how, and its kinda annoying.

BiggNife on