As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mega Man ZX: today, The Advent was announced

1232425262729»

• Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Dirty wrote: »
    Well, that's a shame, because I tried playing the Cube version on my HDTV, and my TV has a problem upscaling video running below 480i (and these games run at their original super-low resolution). So I guess no Mega Man X for me unless they release X1-3 on the Virtual Console.

Damn, I'm still not sure if I can stomach playing this game through once.

I guess a better map and a better mission setup would be nice for a sequel, but I think I'd rather have them do away with it altogether and go back to level based gameplay.

The levels themselves are awesome. It's well worth the time.

But I don't know. Like I said, I was in love with the concept just because I got to yell out "HENSHIN!!!" and have it actually mean something, so I'm a little biased.

yalborap on
  • Options
    hughtronhughtron __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    So what is the difference between playing as Vent or Allie? Just cosmetic differences?

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
  • Options
    DeswaDeswa Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I guess a better map and a better mission setup would be nice for a sequel, but I think I'd rather have them do away with it altogether and go back to level based gameplay.
    I'd totally settle for a map that let me know where the areas are, I spent hours just trying to find one area. The city should of given me a map.

Deswa on
    gobassgo wrote:
    "It ain't rape, it's surprise sex!"
    wii : 3788 3264 2419 8070
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Damn, I'm still not sure if I can stomach playing this game through once.

I've managed once so far. The limitations really struck me as I tried to go through again... all of a sudden, the exploration felt a lot more restrictive as I knew where to go.

I think they're gradually moving towards a style where Legends doesn't stick out so much as it once did.

Anyway, my ideal set-up would involve a rundown of the bosses, and where they are, but rather than taking missions, you can go to them as you please, unlike the first where you essentially activate the boss's presence.

For missions, or rather, side missions and the like, you could take more than one, sort of like Wind's quests in Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin.

More teleporters would be good, too. I hated the save points that wouldn't teleport.
    hughtron wrote: »
    So what is the difference between playing as Vent or Allie? Just cosmetic differences?

Other than their personalities, Aile crawls a bit faster than Vent, and I think in general Vent's supposed to be a little stronger, Aile a little faster, but other than crawling, I think it's mostly negligible.
    Deswa wrote: »
    I'd totally settle for a map that let me know where the areas are, I spent hours just trying to find one area. The city should of given me a map.

Indeed. Worse is when you're just outside the door to an area, and it can't be put on the map because you don't have the right card key or whatever.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    NofrikinfuNNofrikinfuN Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Seta 3000 wrote: »
    Also, Omega and the eight mavericks in Serpent Tower can kiss my ass, I'm never going to finish ZX D:

I managed to beat Omega through careful abuse of the jumping spin-slash move. (The same way I beat every boss, actually...) He's a tough one though, what with all the cheap combos.

I don't think I can do the serpent tower, though. I need more sub tanks. (I have 2 at the moment.)

At any rate, going back to it now would mean re-learning the game. :(

NofrikinfuN on
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I just got this because I'm afraid it'll be the last good Megaman game.

I'm pretty excited, and I'm definitely playing it on the easiest mode so it can hopefully be the first Megaman I'll have ever finished.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    HadjiQuest wrote: »

I'm pretty excited, and I'm definitely playing it on the easiest mode so it can hopefully be the first Megaman I'll have ever finished.

Lol :P

There are far easier/shorter MM games out there; Megaman 5, is, IMO, the easiest Megaman game that I've ever played.

Will MMZX be the last good MM game? Well, I'm certain there'll be a Megaman ZX 2, so I'm not worried. Generally, the portable MM series have started good and gotten progressively better. But ZX started out awesome, so we'll see.

slash000 on
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    slash000 wrote: »
    HadjiQuest wrote: »

Lol :P

There are far easier/shorter MM games out there; Megaman 5, is, IMO, the easiest Megaman game that I've ever played.

Will MMZX be the last good MM game? Well, I'm certain there'll be a Megaman ZX 2, so I'm not worried. Generally, the portable MM series have started good and gotten progressively better. But ZX started out awesome, so we'll see.

look back at the past couple pages and at the title :P

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Oh. Huh. I had no idea what 'the Advent' was in the title.

Anyway, sweet :^:

slash000 on
  • Options
    MikestaMikesta Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Y'know, sometimes I think you guys have taken to this game way more than you ought to. Granted, it isn't up to me to decide how much someone else should like something, but still. The game has too many kinks to be considered "the greatest Mega Man ever", like the shitty map, the stupid town exploration, and the fact that the gameplay and level design aren't quite as tight as the Mega Man Zero games.

I mean, it's still a good game, and I'm glad I bought it. I just don't think it stands out as one of the best Mega Mans or anything.

Mikesta on
    untitled.jpg

You mess with the dolphin, you get the nose.