Phallangband: A Roguelike Phalla
Sign up to play here in some bold and/or colorful way.
This game does not have multiple equally-sized factions with ambiguity as to which is larger. If you played or read my previous game
, it may interest you to know that this game was originally titled DFS 2.0, but I changed the theme. Some role types will make a reappearance. Some will not. I didn't even look at the original game when creating this one, so any similarities to [strike]real people or situations are coincidental[/strike] the previous game are coincidental.
However, it does take one important feature from DFS. Everybody will be publically !target
ing someone else every day, in addition to their usual power of the !vote
. Everybody will have something to do.
If you don't vote or target someone, and if you don't post at least twice a day, you will be replaced. Two strikes and you will be replaced or I will use a wand of death on you. And the first day counts as two strikes. So don't sign up unless you can post a few times every day for the next ten days.
Well look at that, Angband's a free download
Don't mind if I do.
Things to Know
- If you are new to Phalla or just confused, this thread has links to old games and general rules.
- The day ends at 11 PM EST every day. The first day will probably end on Friday
- Everybody has the ability to publically !target someone every day with their item, even if they have no item or are also using a private ability. To change targets, just !target someone else.
- Everybody has the ability to !vote to execute an Orc at the end of the day. To change your vote, just vote again.
- Any vote or PM marked 11 PM EST or later will be counted for the next day.
- No anonymous contact. No contact between the dead and living.
- Do not quote any part of role PMs (except to members of your own team). Do anything you want with other PMs to or from me. Forward them, CC them, BCC them, CC fake power uses to me and someone else, forge them, anything goes. (Except don't take screenshots, because that is silly.)
- Monsters in roguelikes don't trade items to each other. Since the Player Character is dead, nobody can pick up items from corpses, either. When your role says item, what it really means is ability.
- When a monster dies, you will find out what faction they appear to belong to.
- Ask for clarifications via PM, IM, or in bold orange in this thread.
- If you don't vote or target someone and if you don't post at least twice a day, you will be awarded a strike. Two strikes and you will be replaced or killed. If you don't vote and/or target before the first day ends, which is Friday, June 6 at 11 PM, you will be replaced immediately.
- All PMs have the same format.
- All Orcs have the objective "KILL ALL DEM POLYMORPHERS!"
- Most orcs have the backstory in the example.
- Here is the example role PM:
: Staff of Genocide - Publically !target
someone to kill every member of their race.Backstory
: You are but a simple Orc Soldier. Protecting the dungeon's treasure is a hard task, so when you noticed thorgot, a level 50 Elvish Mystic-Thief, lying dead on the ground next to a poison dart trap, you waited in line for one of his items, which he probably stole from some other Orc. Unfortunately, word got out about thorgot and adventurers have arrived, polymorphed into Orcs. They want to kill you dead. Your objective is simple:Objective
: KILL ALL DEM POLYMORPHERS!
- Staff of Detect Good - An iron staff. Publically !target someone to determine their alignment.
- Staff of Redirection - A balsa staff. Publically !target someone to cause their item to target you, instead.
- Staff of Duplication - A pine staff. Publically !target someone to cause their item to target you, too.
- Wand of Blinding - An iron wand. Publically !target someone to cause them to be unable to use their item that day.
- Wand of Blessing - A light wooden wand. Publically !target someone to give them one more vote than usual.
- Wand of Cursing - A heavy wooden wand. Publically !target someone to make their vote count one less than usual. If you have this item, and you do not specify a target, it automatically targets you.
- Rod of Protection - A steel rod. Publically !target someone to protect yourself from attacks originating from them.
- Rod of Examining - A lead rod. Publically !target someone to see the power of the item they used that day.
- Scroll of Revenge - A scroll on parchment. Publically !target someone to kill them in the event of your death.
- Everybody has the ability to target themselves.
- Rod of Protection description changed.
- Posts and PMs marked 11:00 PM or between 11 and the narration count on the following day.