As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Join YouTube videos for iPods?

multimoogmultimoog Registered User regular
edited June 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
So I'm grabbing a series of videos off YouTube, but I want to convert them into one long movie to play on an iPod. Is this possible on a Mac?

multimoog on

• contrabandcontraband Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    What format does it save the videos in?

contraband on
    sigxw0.jpg
  • multimoogmultimoog Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    To put it on an iPod, it'd have to be MP4.

multimoog on
    edited June 2008
    So nobody else has tried or needed to do this?

multimoog on
  • CrashtardCrashtard Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Last I hear Mac's come standard with video editing software, if so you can use that to join the videos together I would imagine. I don't know what format you're saving the videos as, and I don't know whether they will work with the built in mac software.

Crashtard on
    I pinky swear that we will not screw you.

Crashtard.jpg
  • ApexMirageApexMirage Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    you can probably just google "FLV to MP4" and then merge them with the video editing stuff you should have on your mac.

ApexMirage on
    I'd love to be the one disappoint you when I don't fall down
  • Giga GopherGiga Gopher Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    You could always make a video playlist and then just number each video so they play in the order you want. But if you do just want them as one long video then I recommend www.downloadyoutubevideos.com for getting the FLV and then iSquint for converting them to MP4. After you've got all your videos I'd use either Quicktime Pro's basic video editing options (which are quite user friendly) or iMovie to arrange the clips.

From either program you can export the video as an MP4, but I'm sure you already knew this.

Edit: Actually, Quicktime Pro can open FLV's, so if you have Pro that'll save you the trouble of converting them to MP4 before merging the video.

Giga Gopher on
    My friend's band - Go on, have a listen
    Cannon+Goose.png
    Oh it's such a nice day, I think I'll go out the window! Whoa!
    edited June 2008
    I did tryimporting some MP4s into iMovie, but got the message that they were of an unsupported filetype. Strange.

multimoog on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Not sure if it supports that video format, but I just started using VisualHub to stitch videos together - works pretty well.

KalTorak on