As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Birds (pg9)

12346»

• desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh shit, these are awesome.

desperaterobots on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Where did you get/ how did you make that custom brush you're using on the edges Beavs? It's so awesome, I've been trying to replicate it but making a botch of it everytime.

Mustang on
  • beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Mustang wrote: »
    Where did you get/ how did you make that custom brush you're using on the edges Beavs? It's so awesome, I get really jealous everytime I see you use it.

I got it here: http://beanslayer.deviantart.com/art/Yazooy-Brushes-1-46599725

or maybe off of one of the concept art resources
    i remember watching this video of a dude speed painting some soldier guy with a shield who's like walking through a forest, and he talks about how he uses all these insane textures and custom brushes in his speed paints
    he uses like, rhino skin texture for the guy's armor and stuff, so if anyone knows what i'm talking about, link it because he offers up his customs and i use those.
    i forget which pack had that specific brush, it's just a big, spongy looking square brush, easily made out of one of the customs in the pack i linked

most of my resources are from deviantart by the way, just go here and fill yer boots: http://beavotron.deviantart.com/favourites/#resources

beavotron on
    edited September 2008
    A pirate booty of textures and brushes! Thanks Beavs, you're my new favourite Canadian.

Mustang on
    edited September 2008
    Mustang wrote: »
    A pirate booty of textures and brushes! Thanks Beavs, you're my new favourite Canadian.

arrrrrrr ye be welcome!
    i added two more to it that were for some reason not added to the collection, the one by hibbary is the texture pack i use the most often:
    http://hibbary.deviantart.com/art/paper-textures-75974801

she rocks my world with her custom paper textures

beavotron on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I don't know how I always stumble upon your new arts so late in the game. I have only one thing to say:

<3

Prospicience on
    edited September 2008
    eh i don't like this
    i did, but now i don't

don't really know why, i think it's composition problems

birds.png

beavotron on
    edited September 2008
    They're falling off the edge of the frame, its like a badly cropped photo I guess? Real nice though. If you're in to that indi shit. ;)

desperaterobots on
    edited September 2008
    They're falling off the edge of the frame, its like a badly cropped photo I guess? Real nice though. If you're in to that indi shit. ;)

yeah i know i'm such a fucking donkey for doing this
    but first i doodled it with crayons on the table of jack astor's and it looked good on there
    i think i need to use crayons to make this work

beavotron on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The center is practically blank and the birdies are too close to the edge.

Tam on
    edited September 2008
    birds2.png

hmmmm

beavotron on
    edited September 2008
    no i think i just hate it forever
    damn you birds!
    damn you i hate you

beavotron on
  • bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    oh man, i love the style of that. is that gouache? or some kind of digital voodoo

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
    edited September 2008
    Great illustrations though, even if it's not congealing properly.

desperaterobots on
    edited September 2008
    bsjezz wrote: »
    oh man, i love the style of that. is that gouache? or some kind of digital voodoo

bic pencil and digital trickery

beavotron on
    edited September 2008
    beavotron wrote: »

yeah, i quickly realised you wouldn't be able to get that kind of opaqueness over the board and not the illustration

i have access to a lot of art supplies but very little talent so i'm always looking for stylistic stuff i can steal, and that would look amazing on a board

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
    edited September 2008

yeah, i quickly realised you wouldn't be able to get that kind of opaqueness over the board and not the illustration

i have access to a lot of art supplies but very little talent so i'm always looking for stylistic stuff i can steal, and that would look amazing on a board

you could pretty easily lay down the paint first if you do a rough plan of the drawing, then do the pencil work after

wait i just spoke about real paints like i know what i'm talking about :lol: so not true, i suck at real paints

beavotron on
    edited September 2008

you could pretty easily lay down the paint first if you do a rough plan of the drawing, then do the pencil work after

wait i just spoke about real paints like i know what i'm talking about :lol: so not true, i suck at real paints

could work, but probably easier than that would be to get the illustration onto some acetate or something and lay the gouache down underneath on the board. might be easier than illustrating over paint - maybe not

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    no i think i just hate it forever
    damn you birds!
    damn you i hate you

there's only one quitter in this here forum and it ain't you, lady. Now go back and surround those birds with verdant plant life!

Tam on
    edited September 2008

could work, but probably easier than that would be to get the illustration onto some acetate or something and lay the gouache down underneath on the board. might be easier than illustrating over paint - maybe not
    that was a smarter idea than the one i had
    try it, that'd be a cool effect i think

beavotron on
    edited September 2008
    Get rid of Yellow bird, he's holding you back.
    Fucking Yellow bird, he's always holding up progress. Why can't he be awesome like Cyan bird? I'll tell you why, he's a fucking slacker, no backbone either.

Mustang on
  • UberslugUberslug Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    perhaps yellow bird could become slightly browner

Uberslug on
  • mullymully Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    what if the yellow bird were upside down and their branch were all the same branch
    and they were like .. circular

i cant say what i mean

mully on
  • RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    What if yellow bird... was a tyrannosaurus rex?

RubberAC on
    edited September 2008
    RubberAC wrote: »
    What if yellow bird... was a tyrannosaurus rex?

done.

beavotron on