Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

A Transformers Movie Thread

1246776

Posts

  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Richy wrote:
    Proto wrote:
    apparently the cop car (Saleen Mustang) is Brawl.

    http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/05/31/new-chevy-camaro-to-star-transformers-movie/
    Apparently, "Bumblebee" is going to start out as a 1970s Camaro, and then be rebuilt as a 2008/2009 Camaro. Meanwhile, "Starscream" is going to be an F-22 Raptor, and "Optimus Prime" is going to be a fire truck.

    A firetruck???

    Holy crap, NO!
    See, they said that a while back, when news of the project first came out, but there's never been any corroboration for it. The fact that the Comic-Con booth had a cab-over semi as its display leads me to believe the firetruck rumor is just a rumor that got stuck.

    matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Richy wrote:
    Proto wrote:
    apparently the cop car (Saleen Mustang) is Brawl.

    http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/05/31/new-chevy-camaro-to-star-transformers-movie/
    Apparently, "Bumblebee" is going to start out as a 1970s Camaro, and then be rebuilt as a 2008/2009 Camaro. Meanwhile, "Starscream" is going to be an F-22 Raptor, and "Optimus Prime" is going to be a fire truck.

    A firetruck???

    Holy crap, NO!

    EDIT:
    Well, given that there are no sources whatsoever in that article, I call bullshit.

    One other thing that's a little odd is that with no mass shifting, starscream would be huge in robot form.

    Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
  • ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    here's another page with tons of images

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/suzanneandsimon/tags/transformers/

    Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I can't believe that truck with flames on it will be Optimus Prime. Through all incarnations of the character, Optimus has had a red body. They can't possibly screw that up.

    Richy on
    sig.gif
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Proto wrote:
    Richy wrote:
    Proto wrote:
    apparently the cop car (Saleen Mustang) is Brawl.

    http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/05/31/new-chevy-camaro-to-star-transformers-movie/
    Apparently, "Bumblebee" is going to start out as a 1970s Camaro, and then be rebuilt as a 2008/2009 Camaro. Meanwhile, "Starscream" is going to be an F-22 Raptor, and "Optimus Prime" is going to be a fire truck.

    A firetruck???

    Holy crap, NO!

    EDIT:
    Well, given that there are no sources whatsoever in that article, I call bullshit.

    One other thing that's a little odd is that with no mass shifting, starscream would be huge in robot form.
    You ever seen an F-22? They're pretty big. I don't think it would be much of a stretch to have Starscream transform into/out of one.

    Hacksaw on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Proto wrote:
    Richy wrote:
    Proto wrote:
    apparently the cop car (Saleen Mustang) is Brawl.

    http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/05/31/new-chevy-camaro-to-star-transformers-movie/
    Apparently, "Bumblebee" is going to start out as a 1970s Camaro, and then be rebuilt as a 2008/2009 Camaro. Meanwhile, "Starscream" is going to be an F-22 Raptor, and "Optimus Prime" is going to be a fire truck.

    A firetruck???

    Holy crap, NO!

    EDIT:
    Well, given that there are no sources whatsoever in that article, I call bullshit.

    One other thing that's a little odd is that with no mass shifting, starscream would be huge in robot form.
    You ever seen an F-22? They're pretty big. I don't think it would be much of a stretch to have Starscream transform into/out of one.
    That was his point. Robot-form Starscream would be fucking huge compared to the other Transformers in order to transform into a regular-size F-22 while the others become simple cars.

    Richy on
    sig.gif
  • CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Richy wrote:
    I can't believe that truck with flames on it will be Optimus Prime. Through all incarnations of the character, Optimus has had a red body. They can't possibly screw that up.

    Laser Optimus...which is possibly one of the best TF's ever made...in toy form.

    Edit: So if Bonecrusher is in the film...does that mean we'll be able to see...you know...


    [spoiler:005da1e8a0]DEVASTATOR[/spoiler:005da1e8a0]

    Crayon on
    "I am conscious of my inability to grasp, in all its details and positive developments, any very large portion of human knowledge."
    X-Box Tag: PrettyGoodCake
    PSN: LLatikuf
  • Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Crayon wrote:
    Richy wrote:
    I can't believe that truck with flames on it will be Optimus Prime. Through all incarnations of the character, Optimus has had a red body. They can't possibly screw that up.

    Laser Optimus...which is possibly one of the best TF's ever made...in toy form.

    Edit: So if Bonecrusher is in the film...does that mean we'll be able to see...you know...


    [spoiler:1a37054e24]DEVASTATOR[/spoiler:1a37054e24]
    That would be damn awsome. Then Metroplex comes along and they have a big massive brawl.

    Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Dublo7 wrote:
    Crayon wrote:
    Richy wrote:
    I can't believe that truck with flames on it will be Optimus Prime. Through all incarnations of the character, Optimus has had a red body. They can't possibly screw that up.

    Laser Optimus...which is possibly one of the best TF's ever made...in toy form.

    Edit: So if Bonecrusher is in the film...does that mean we'll be able to see...you know...


    [spoiler:00d420e47e]DEVASTATOR[/spoiler:00d420e47e]
    That would be damn awsome. Then Metroplex comes along and they have a big massive brawl.

    You know, Michael Bay said that the names of the Transformers in the script are placeholder names, and that the few people who know the real names of the Transformers in the movie signed non-disclosure agreements. So I wouldn't put too much faith in rumours flying around.

    http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=535

    Richy on
    sig.gif
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Richy wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Proto wrote:
    Richy wrote:
    Proto wrote:
    apparently the cop car (Saleen Mustang) is Brawl.

    http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/05/31/new-chevy-camaro-to-star-transformers-movie/
    Apparently, "Bumblebee" is going to start out as a 1970s Camaro, and then be rebuilt as a 2008/2009 Camaro. Meanwhile, "Starscream" is going to be an F-22 Raptor, and "Optimus Prime" is going to be a fire truck.

    A firetruck???

    Holy crap, NO!

    EDIT:
    Well, given that there are no sources whatsoever in that article, I call bullshit.

    One other thing that's a little odd is that with no mass shifting, starscream would be huge in robot form.
    You ever seen an F-22? They're pretty big. I don't think it would be much of a stretch to have Starscream transform into/out of one.
    That was his point. Robot-form Starscream would be fucking huge compared to the other Transformers in order to transform into a regular-size F-22 while the others become simple cars.
    It's 62 feet long. Megatron's tank is about that size, and I'm guessing Optimus Prime's semi truck is around that size as well. The power of the robots in the movie is probably going to be relative to their size.

    Hacksaw on
  • DreamerdownDreamerdown Registered User
    edited July 2006
    What are the chances of having Seaspray in this movie, the little hovercraft that could?

    Or how about that little UFO...the action figure was tiny but in the cartoon it was huge.

    Dreamerdown on
    bigifre1vy.jpg

    Not all vampires suck blood.
    Not all of them die for love.
  • aquabataquabat Registered User
    edited July 2006
    Richy wrote:
    I can't believe that truck with flames on it will be Optimus Prime. Through all incarnations of the character, Optimus has had a red body. They can't possibly screw that up.


    Still, I'd prefer a truck whatever colour it is to a fucking fire truck

    aquabat on
  • ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    What are the chances of having Seaspray in this movie, the little hovercraft that could?

    Or how about that little UFO...the action figure was tiny but in the cartoon it was huge.

    Cosmos!


    no, I didn't need to look that up.

    Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
  • Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    So I'm watching The Transformers Movie again, and holy shit, it is depressing. I remember this movie really fucking me over when I was a kid, I can really see why.
    I just watched that part where the Decepticons take over the Autobot battleship and slaughter the Autobots inside. That was crazy.

    I hope Blur is in the new movie.

    Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CrimsonKingCrimsonKing Registered User
    edited July 2006
    Guys, this is not a movie that will, or even should, require anything other than a plot of:

    Okay, you got these two groups of giant robots who have to fight. In addition they can tranform into other things like cars.

    Taking it farther than that basic formula would ruin it.

    CrimsonKing on
    This sig was too tall - Elki.
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Richy wrote:
    Dublo7 wrote:
    Crayon wrote:
    Richy wrote:
    I can't believe that truck with flames on it will be Optimus Prime. Through all incarnations of the character, Optimus has had a red body. They can't possibly screw that up.

    Laser Optimus...which is possibly one of the best TF's ever made...in toy form.

    Edit: So if Bonecrusher is in the film...does that mean we'll be able to see...you know...


    [spoiler:11021dd4f8]DEVASTATOR[/spoiler:11021dd4f8]
    That would be damn awsome. Then Metroplex comes along and they have a big massive brawl.

    You know, Michael Bay said that the names of the Transformers in the script are placeholder names, and that the few people who know the real names of the Transformers in the movie signed non-disclosure agreements. So I wouldn't put too much faith in rumours flying around.

    http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=535
    Well, Bonecrusher was painted on the side of one of the vehicles, so that kind of does lend credibility to it being in the movie. Unless it's just a clever ruse.

    matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Richy wrote:
    Dublo7 wrote:
    Crayon wrote:
    Richy wrote:
    I can't believe that truck with flames on it will be Optimus Prime. Through all incarnations of the character, Optimus has had a red body. They can't possibly screw that up.

    Laser Optimus...which is possibly one of the best TF's ever made...in toy form.

    Edit: So if Bonecrusher is in the film...does that mean we'll be able to see...you know...


    [spoiler:396fbde2b6]DEVASTATOR[/spoiler:396fbde2b6]
    That would be damn awsome. Then Metroplex comes along and they have a big massive brawl.

    You know, Michael Bay said that the names of the Transformers in the script are placeholder names, and that the few people who know the real names of the Transformers in the movie signed non-disclosure agreements. So I wouldn't put too much faith in rumours flying around.

    http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=535

    So you mean that he's a construction vehicle...and that he has "Bonecrusher" on the side of him aren't reason enough to put faith in it?

    Crayon on
    "I am conscious of my inability to grasp, in all its details and positive developments, any very large portion of human knowledge."
    X-Box Tag: PrettyGoodCake
    PSN: LLatikuf
  • aquabataquabat Registered User
    edited July 2006
    Pretty sure they'd use the big names. They'd be retarded not to. Im hoping they'll put something out for ComicCon. They need to give a little somethin somethin to the fans to make their fears go away

    aquabat on
  • ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Hacksaw wrote:
    It's 62 feet long. Megatron's tank is about that size, and I'm guessing Optimus Prime's semi truck is around that size as well. The power of the robots in the movie is probably going to be relative to their size.

    The M1 Abrams is 32 feet long, Megatron is probably around that.

    A semi is usually 50 feet with the trailer.


    It may be a moot point though, I seem to recall Bay saying no large mass shifting (like Soundwave/Megatron). So they'll fudge it a bit for the jets maybe?

    Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Heh. Just saw this in a post over on the transformersmovie.com forum.
    Hugh Grant aced the audition for Optimus Prime.

    I can't tell if the poster is being horribly sarcastic or if I should be terrified.

    http://boards.transformersmovie.com/showthread.php?t=3144

    matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I hope the Dinobots show up.

    But, Michael Bay better not put the magic he put into Pearl Harbor in this film.

    Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Proto wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:
    It's 62 feet long. Megatron's tank is about that size, and I'm guessing Optimus Prime's semi truck is around that size as well. The power of the robots in the movie is probably going to be relative to their size.

    The M1 Abrams is 32 feet long, Megatron is probably around that.

    A semi is usually 50 feet with the trailer.


    It may be a moot point though, I seem to recall Bay saying no large mass shifting (like Soundwave/Megatron). So they'll fudge it a bit for the jets maybe?

    IIRC Starscream had everying forward of the wings fold down into his chest as a toy. His wings can fold in half and segment, etc; lot of room for play there. Similarily Optimus and Megatron have room to fold out to be a bit taller than they are long.

    ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Proto wrote:
    Hacksaw wrote:
    It's 62 feet long. Megatron's tank is about that size, and I'm guessing Optimus Prime's semi truck is around that size as well. The power of the robots in the movie is probably going to be relative to their size.

    The M1 Abrams is 32 feet long, Megatron is probably around that.

    A semi is usually 50 feet with the trailer.


    It may be a moot point though, I seem to recall Bay saying no large mass shifting (like Soundwave/Megatron). So they'll fudge it a bit for the jets maybe?

    IIRC Starscream had everying forward of the wings fold down into his chest as a toy. His wings can fold in half and segment, etc; lot of room for play there. Similarily Optimus and Megatron have room to fold out to be a bit taller than they are long.
    Yeah, there's always the clamshell effect, where the "top" of the vehicle forms the upper torso and head while the "bottom" forms the legs and feet, effectively making each character twice as tall as the vehicle they are is long.

    matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Masamune42Masamune42 Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Random interjection on the 'female lookin' robot' stuff...

    I'm pretty sure there was a vague attempt at explaining Arcee at some point. She was supposed to be the Autobots main liason with humanity. They figured making her feminine would make her seem just a little less threatening to the squishy meatbags she was dealing with.

    Masamune42 on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    So, I was messing around making my av, and...

    kabukibot1zi.jpg

    Kabukibot?

    attore%20kabuki.jpg

    matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • siliconenhancedsiliconenhanced __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2006
    In regards to the mass shifting argument, I think there's a bit of leeway in going from a 30 foot jet to a 20 foot robot, as opposed to a foot by six inch boom box to a 25 foot robot that shoots transforming tapes out of its chest.

    Just saying.

    siliconenhanced on
  • CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited July 2006
    In regards to the mass shifting argument, I think there's a bit of leeway in going from a 30 foot jet to a 20 foot robot, as opposed to a foot by six inch boom box to a 25 foot robot that shoots transforming tapes out of its chest.

    Just saying.

    Rationality aside...both Blaster and Soundwave were some of the coolest cats out there.

    Crayon on
    "I am conscious of my inability to grasp, in all its details and positive developments, any very large portion of human knowledge."
    X-Box Tag: PrettyGoodCake
    PSN: LLatikuf
  • Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Crayon wrote:
    In regards to the mass shifting argument, I think there's a bit of leeway in going from a 30 foot jet to a 20 foot robot, as opposed to a foot by six inch boom box to a 25 foot robot that shoots transforming tapes out of its chest.

    Just saying.

    Rationality aside...both Blaster and Soundwave were some of the coolest cats out there.

    Soundwave superior, Constructicons inferior.

    Apparently they're making the Masterpiece Soundwave figure after they're done with Starscream. That's gunna rock.

    Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Oh man, I love my Masterpiece OP. Can't wait for Starscream.

    Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
  • DraXXXenDraXXXen Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I recently watched the Island, and while the plot was iffy, just going by the car chase scenes / battles on the highway has given me complete faith in Bay to make this movie right. The man will do this right, screw nit-picking fanboy details. The original show was nothing more then an advertisment for toys, and now we are all grown up, this movie will be an andertisment for big boy toys...sweet cars and weapons.

    I can deal with alternate vehicles, as every Transformers character has gone through changes in all the series (Headmasters series FTW. Soundwave and Blaster killing each other in combat was amazing). Just ditch the black flames on prime and everything is peachy (I assume its just the truck he SCANS to get the form, otherwise we run the risk of a Prime with flame tatoos while in robot form).

    Don't get me wrong, i'm as a bloody TF fanboy to the extreme (oh my glorious collection) but this is the one series that can take change very well in every revisioning it goes through.

    DraXXXen on
    donutMachine.jpg
  • DreamerdownDreamerdown Registered User
    edited July 2006
    I liked the Island. Really didn't have a problem with it.

    Nice little tribute to Aldous Huxley and George Orwell.

    Dreamerdown on
    bigifre1vy.jpg

    Not all vampires suck blood.
    Not all of them die for love.
  • RiftRift Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I realize I'm very late to this dance, but WHY would it ever be a good idea to make a live-action film where the chief bad guy dosen't just transform, but SHRINKS into a fucking hand gun that requires somebody else to shoot?

    I mean, a large ground-anchored assault cannon I could understand, but what's so intimidating about a pistol? He should never transform lest we all be exposed to the suckage of the concept. :D

    Rift on
  • CrimsonKingCrimsonKing Registered User
    edited July 2006
    Rift wrote:
    I realize I'm very late to this dance, but WHY would it ever be a good idea to make a live-action film where the chief bad guy dosen't just transform, but SHRINKS into a fucking hand gun that requires somebody else to shoot?

    I mean, a large ground-anchored assault cannon I could understand, but what's so intimidating about a pistol? He should never transform lest we all be exposed to the suckage of the concept. :D

    He was also a Tank. So in the movie, he'll be a tank.

    CrimsonKing on
    This sig was too tall - Elki.
  • ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Rift wrote:
    I realize I'm very late to this dance, but WHY would it ever be a good idea to make a live-action film where the chief bad guy dosen't just transform, but SHRINKS into a fucking hand gun that requires somebody else to shoot?

    I mean, a large ground-anchored assault cannon I could understand, but what's so intimidating about a pistol? He should never transform lest we all be exposed to the suckage of the concept. :D

    man, read the thread.

    megatron is gonna be a tank in the movie.

    Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
  • RiftRift Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    how about instead you give me a recap of all the details every few pages. :p Don't have time? Guess who else doesn't.

    Rift on
  • DeaconKnowledgeDeaconKnowledge Registered User
    edited July 2006
    Rift wrote:
    how about instead you give me a recap of all the details every few pages. :p Don't have time? Guess who else doesn't.

    So you want to be spoon-fed news?

    you're a jackass.

    DeaconKnowledge on
    My NEW Wii code - 5227 1968 3982 4139. My Wii needs your Miis! Please give generously!
    Animal Crossing - 3566 5318 4585/2492 7891 0383 Deacon/Akisha in Crayon
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Rift wrote:
    how about instead you give me a recap of all the details every few pages. :p Don't have time? Guess who else doesn't.

    If only there was a rule thread, and a rule about Reading the dang topic! I wonder what life would be like then.

    Richy on
    sig.gif
  • RiftRift Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    So you want to be spoon-fed news?

    you're a jackass

    No, I just don't want to be chastised for missing something that was mentioned on Page 5 paragraph 3 or wherever the hell it is. We don't have a search engine* so give me a fucking break.

    But you're right about me being a jackass. ;)

    *that works worth a damn--edited for clarification

    Rift on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Rift wrote:
    So you want to be spoon-fed news?

    you're a jackass

    No, I just don't want to be chastised for missing something that was mentioned on Page 5 paragraph 3 or wherever the hell it is. We don't have a search engine so give me a fucking break.

    But you're right about me being a jackass. ;)

    The forum's search function works fine for me.

    Richy on
    sig.gif
  • RiftRift Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Richy wrote:
    The forum's search function works fine for me.

    Well that makes one of us Richy. Kudos.

    Rift on
Sign In or Register to comment.