Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

A Transformers Movie Thread

1676870727376

Posts

  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Frankly, I don't see why some sci-fi writers are so willing to dismiss the brutality of the humanity as the simple growing pains of a fledgling race. Never mind the genocide, we're just finding our footing.
    If history has taught me anything, it's that violence is more than just a "growing pain."

    Hacksaw on
  • CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Lots of bitching, pointless bitching at that. Anywho-http://blogzarro.com/?p=306

    Transformers broke like...three records.

    Crayon on
    "I am conscious of my inability to grasp, in all its details and positive developments, any very large portion of human knowledge."
    X-Box Tag: PrettyGoodCake
    PSN: LLatikuf
  • SnorkSnork Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    In one of the finale episodes of this past season of House he buys a candy bar from the machine called "Chomp". The wrapper looked as if it had been designed by a 10 year old with a set of magic markers and was an obvious attempt to avoid using a brand name product. To me that breaks immersion. Had it been a Hershey's bar or a Nestle Crunch? I wouldn't have even noticed what he bought because that's the kind of thing you'd expect to see in a vending machine.

    I'm glad someone mentioned this. Product placement can be done perfectly well and actually help a movie.

    I shouldn't say Product Placement, more like the usage of actual brand names.

    Also, the 'eBay' line was obviously more intended for humour than advertising.

    I've seen this movie twice already and the only thing that stopped it from being as awesome the second time around was the people I was with. After getting out of the theatre the first time, I wanted to run around and jump off of things really fast and do crazy ridiculous things. This is exactly the effect this movie should have had.

    Oh, and I too got the Mechwarrior vibe from Blackout's attack.

    Snork on
  • Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA
    edited July 2007
    Frankly, I don't see why some sci-fi writers are so willing to dismiss the brutality of the humanity as the simple growing pains of a fledgling race. Never mind the genocide, we're just finding our footing.

    Do you even read sci-fi? Yeah, some writers dismiss it. And some don't. If the brutality of humanity is a theme in your book, then you're left with two options: either it's an inherant flaw that dooms us to an existence of brutally killing each other until all that's left are two men with knifes at each other's throats, or it's a stepping stone between advanced technological enlightenment, and the bruality of our animalistic past.

    And here's a hint for you: only one of these options leaves room for a happy, feel-good summer popcorn flick.

    Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    bionic monkey, you just reminded me of something, i dont know if this has been brought up yet but was that kid with the camcorder after the autobots crashed down who was running around going "omg omg this is the coolest thing evarrr" was that kid supposed to be some sort of fanservice to megas, i dont know why he looked so much like coop in that scene

    dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Snork wrote: »
    Oh, and I too got the Mechwarrior vibe from Blackout's attack.

    Hi5 <3

    HappylilElf on
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    bionic monkey, you just reminded me of something, i dont know if this has been brought up yet but was that kid with the camcorder after the autobots crashed down who was running around going "omg omg this is the coolest thing evarrr" was that kid supposed to be some sort of fanservice to megas, i dont know why he looked so much like coop in that scene

    Now theres a movie we need.


    Megas XLR : The Movie

    randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Snork wrote: »
    Oh, and I too got the Mechwarrior vibe from Blackout's attack.
    Fuck yes.

    Hacksaw on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar Audio Game Developer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Now theres a movie we need.


    Megas XLR : The Movie

    I want to marry your brain.

    Incenjucar on
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User
    edited July 2007
    Frankly, I don't see why some sci-fi writers are so willing to dismiss the brutality of the humanity as the simple growing pains of a fledgling race. Never mind the genocide, we're just finding our footing.

    Do you even read sci-fi? Yeah, some writers dismiss it. And some don't. If the brutality of humanity is a theme in your book, then you're left with two options: either it's an inherant flaw that dooms us to an existence of brutally killing each other until all that's left are two men with knifes at each other's throats, or it's a stepping stone between advanced technological enlightenment, and the bruality of our animalistic past.

    And here's a hint for you: only one of these options leaves room for a happy, feel-good summer popcorn flick.

    Do you even read people's post?

    I said, "I don't see why some...", referring to the some who dismiss it that you acknowledge to exist. So then, where's the point of contention?

    It's impossible to talk to some of you people.

    Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • edited July 2007
    Frankly, I don't see why some sci-fi writers are so willing to dismiss the brutality of the humanity as the simple growing pains of a fledgling race. Never mind the genocide, we're just finding our footing.

    Do you even read sci-fi? Yeah, some writers dismiss it. And some don't. If the brutality of humanity is a theme in your book, then you're left with two options: either it's an inherant flaw that dooms us to an existence of brutally killing each other until all that's left are two men with knifes at each other's throats, or it's a stepping stone between advanced technological enlightenment, and the bruality of our animalistic past.

    And here's a hint for you: only one of these options leaves room for a happy, feel-good summer popcorn flick.

    Do you even read people's post?

    I said, "I don't see why some...", referring to the some who dismiss it that you acknowledge to exist. So then, where's the point of contention?

    It's impossible to talk to some of you people.

    You know; you could spend all day (and then some) going in circles nit picking the originality and psychological significance of the line; the fact is it's an explanation as to why the autobots don't just make with the human-squishing and take off with the cube. Also you come off as being very high minded while producing points that don’t really hold up under scrutiny; word of the day – Sciolist.

    Novus on
    I'm not smart, but thanks to the internet I can pretend.
    wii Number 0648 2052 0203 3154
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User
    edited July 2007
    In regards to the context in which the line was given, I think the greatest error in its usage doesn't lie in the idea that humanity supposedly has the potential to transcend its violent tendencies, but rather in the suggestion that the Transformers represent some kind of ideal that humanity should aspire to.

    "Were we so different?"

    Uhmmm... you're not that different now, are you? Hell, aren't you worse?

    Isn't your entire planet engulfed in a war? Hasn't your entire population been conscripted into one side of the war, or another? Isn't every single one of you covered in guns?

    I mean we're talking about a one-dimensional toy line centered around a never-ending battle that spans the universe, and supposedly we have a lot to learn from them?

    In truth, the exchange made no sense in the context of the film, and was probably only included because the writer or Bay himself heard something very similar at some point, liked it very much, and though to attach it to Transformers to lend the conclusion a little more weight and justify the Autobots' decision to stay and watch over the human race.

    And there are better ways to achieve those ends, I'm sure.
    word of the day – Sciolist.

    I already have a calender for this sort of thing, but your charity is appreciated.

    Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    This movie's only saving grace is giant fighting robots. Maybe that's OK for you but I was hoping for a little bit more than that.

    AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • StasisStasis Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Proto wrote: »
    Army dude grabs a bike, roars down the street, slides off the bike and along the ground on his back and fires upwards into Blackout. Retarded.
    Usually I hate stuff like that, but in the context of this movie, it didn't bother me. :| Perhaps the reason I did enjoy the movie so much is because I did leave my brain at the door. I didn't think about it, I just watched it. Your mileage may vary.

    Stasis on
  • RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    SirNick wrote: »
    If they're going to be downloading copious amounts of government data with high-fidelity Decepticon warbling and whatnot, how in the hell is that going to fit on a 2GB card??? :P

    Sound doesn't take up that much space. Uncompressed, a CD is 700 MB. This is like 5 seconds of audio. And maybe there's some text. The point is, you don't need a movie-style octagonal disc that holds 80TB to get the job done.

    RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    Stasis wrote: »
    Proto wrote: »
    Army dude grabs a bike, roars down the street, slides off the bike and along the ground on his back and fires upwards into Blackout. Retarded.
    Usually I hate stuff like that, but in the context of this movie, it didn't bother me. :| Perhaps the reason I did enjoy the movie so much is because I did leave my brain at the door. I didn't think about it, I just watched it. Your mileage may vary.

    That didn't bother me in the context of the movie, but if you try some stunt like that IRL you are on a one way trip to the hospital or the morgue... If you somehow manage not to kill/mortally wound/seriously injure yourself you can go for a walk straight to the nearest clothing store to replace all the stuff you just shredded off of your body.

    Just_Bri_Thanks on
    Some days I just want to smack people with a rolled up newspaper. Or a phone book.
    A folding chair is looking like an attractive option right now too...
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    This movie's only saving grace is giant fighting robots. Maybe that's OK for you but I was hoping for a little bit more than that.

    What, exactly, were you hoping for?

    Evil Multifarious on
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I fucking hate you Canadians.
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    This movie's only saving grace is giant fighting robots. Maybe that's OK for you but I was hoping for a little bit more than that.

    What, exactly, were you hoping for?

    More product placement. I didn't get any ideas where to go for lunch after I watched the movie.

    1/2 Star!

    MichaelLC on
    "Never believe management about anything anywhere." -Aistan
  • SkannerJATSkannerJAT Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Saw the movie finally. Loved it. There were a few things that got me but Il spoiler it as honestly it doesn't freaking matter and I still loved the movie. Also concerning the idea that their whole race is at war. I like to think that Optimus and the other Autobots are like the special forces for their side. I just don't see any ol' Cybertronian ( woohoo! new words! ) hopping around with mad weapons ala Jazz or Ironhide. Look at the history of Optimus, he was a freaking dock worker.
    Megatron following the kid to the top of the building. I mean you watch these guys jump on top of buildings, fly, and yet he "takes the stairs" after the kid.

    Also the sequence where they capture Bumblebee. Why didn't Optimus just transform and let the kids ride with him? Then everyone gets away.

    SkannerJAT on
  • geckahngeckahn Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    This movie's only saving grace is giant fighting robots. Maybe that's OK for you but I was hoping for a little bit more than that.

    What, exactly, were you hoping for?

    Seriously. The plot was just an excuse to watch giant robots blow shit up, and that's exactly the way it should have been.

    Michael Bay was a perfect choice for this movie.

    geckahn on
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    In regards to the context in which the line was given, I think the greatest error in its usage doesn't lie in the idea that humanity supposedly has the potential to transcend its violent tendencies, but rather in the suggestion that the Transformers represent some kind of ideal that humanity should aspire to.

    "Were we so different?"

    Uhmmm... you're not that different now, are you? Hell, aren't you worse?

    Isn't your entire planet engulfed in a war? Hasn't your entire population been conscripted into one side of the war, or another? Isn't every single one of you covered in guns?

    I could be naive, but I thought that line was more about how the Transformer race was all but extinct.

    "Were we so different?" referring to the fact that Cybertron is destroyed, and, save a handful of Transformers on Earth and a few more scattered about the stars, they were done. That was the point of chasing after the Allspark-- Optimus wanted to rebuild his homeworld.

    He saw similarities in the natures of humans and Transformers, the former a fledgling race, the latter a dying one.

    Jimothy on
  • AzioAzio Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Guys.

    If the fact that the soda machine didn't just say COLA and said Mountain Dew is ruining your movie experience, proceed to go and get a damn grip.

    Everyone I've talked to loved the movie, as did I. Stepping back and looking at this argument, its like you guys are trying to out pretentious anyone who says the movie was alright. Its like you guys were looking for things to nitpick over and stubbornly refused to enjoy the movie.
    Actually, some people just hate advertising, and do not enjoy being bombarded with advertisements from every possible attack vector. I stopped watching television ages ago because of commercials, so I'm sure you can imagine how infuriating it is to have dozens of car commercials sneakily inserted into a movie I just paid $11 to watch. Stop being an asshole.

    Azio on
  • siliconenhancedsiliconenhanced __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2007
    Azio wrote: »
    Guys.

    If the fact that the soda machine didn't just say COLA and said Mountain Dew is ruining your movie experience, proceed to go and get a damn grip.

    Everyone I've talked to loved the movie, as did I. Stepping back and looking at this argument, its like you guys are trying to out pretentious anyone who says the movie was alright. Its like you guys were looking for things to nitpick over and stubbornly refused to enjoy the movie.
    Actually, some people just dislike being bombarded with advertisements from every possible attack vector. I stopped watching television ages ago because of commercials, so I'm sure you can imagine how infuriating it is to have dozens of car commercials sneakily inserted into a movie I just paid $11 to watch. Stop being an asshole.

    Yeah I don't watch TV either, what's your point? Stop being an asshole and assuming that everyone who liked it can't see it as materialistic bourgeois trash. DOWN WITH THE MAN! FIGHT THE POWER!

    Rah rah rah. :roll:

    siliconenhanced on
  • AzioAzio Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Azio wrote: »
    Guys.

    If the fact that the soda machine didn't just say COLA and said Mountain Dew is ruining your movie experience, proceed to go and get a damn grip.

    Everyone I've talked to loved the movie, as did I. Stepping back and looking at this argument, its like you guys are trying to out pretentious anyone who says the movie was alright. Its like you guys were looking for things to nitpick over and stubbornly refused to enjoy the movie.
    Actually, some people just dislike being bombarded with advertisements from every possible attack vector. I stopped watching television ages ago because of commercials, so I'm sure you can imagine how infuriating it is to have dozens of car commercials sneakily inserted into a movie I just paid $11 to watch. Stop being an asshole.

    Yeah I don't watch TV either, what's your point? Stop being an asshole and assuming that everyone who liked it can't see it as materialistic bourgeois trash. DOWN WITH THE MAN! FIGHT THE POWER!

    Rah rah rah. :roll:
    What? I'm not assuming anything. I'm just pissed off at having to pay for three hours of advertising. Don't put words in my mouth.

    Azio on
  • siliconenhancedsiliconenhanced __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2007
    Azio wrote: »
    Azio wrote: »
    Guys.

    If the fact that the soda machine didn't just say COLA and said Mountain Dew is ruining your movie experience, proceed to go and get a damn grip.

    Everyone I've talked to loved the movie, as did I. Stepping back and looking at this argument, its like you guys are trying to out pretentious anyone who says the movie was alright. Its like you guys were looking for things to nitpick over and stubbornly refused to enjoy the movie.
    Actually, some people just dislike being bombarded with advertisements from every possible attack vector. I stopped watching television ages ago because of commercials, so I'm sure you can imagine how infuriating it is to have dozens of car commercials sneakily inserted into a movie I just paid $11 to watch. Stop being an asshole.

    Yeah I don't watch TV either, what's your point? Stop being an asshole and assuming that everyone who liked it can't see it as materialistic bourgeois trash. DOWN WITH THE MAN! FIGHT THE POWER!

    Rah rah rah. :roll:
    What? I'm not assuming anything. I'm just pissed off at having to pay for three hours of advertising.

    Hey if that's all you took from it I feel pretty sorry for you.

    siliconenhanced on
  • AzioAzio Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Azio wrote: »
    Azio wrote: »
    Guys.

    If the fact that the soda machine didn't just say COLA and said Mountain Dew is ruining your movie experience, proceed to go and get a damn grip.

    Everyone I've talked to loved the movie, as did I. Stepping back and looking at this argument, its like you guys are trying to out pretentious anyone who says the movie was alright. Its like you guys were looking for things to nitpick over and stubbornly refused to enjoy the movie.
    Actually, some people just dislike being bombarded with advertisements from every possible attack vector. I stopped watching television ages ago because of commercials, so I'm sure you can imagine how infuriating it is to have dozens of car commercials sneakily inserted into a movie I just paid $11 to watch. Stop being an asshole.

    Yeah I don't watch TV either, what's your point? Stop being an asshole and assuming that everyone who liked it can't see it as materialistic bourgeois trash. DOWN WITH THE MAN! FIGHT THE POWER!

    Rah rah rah. :roll:
    What? I'm not assuming anything. I'm just pissed off at having to pay for three hours of advertising.

    Hey if that's all you took from it I feel pretty sorry for you.
    Holy fuck, can you not read? I enjoyed Transformers, I don't think you're stupid for enjoying it, and I don't think it's "materialistic bourgeois trash". However, my enjoyment of the film was very negatively affected by having to watch a stupid GMC commercial every few minutes. I would have liked it a lot more if it weren't for that.

    Azio on
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    geckahn wrote: »
    This movie's only saving grace is giant fighting robots. Maybe that's OK for you but I was hoping for a little bit more than that.

    What, exactly, were you hoping for?

    Seriously. The plot was just an excuse to watch giant robots blow shit up, and that's exactly the way it should have been.

    Michael Bay was a perfect choice for this movie.

    It could be said the one ring was just an excuse to watch massive spectacular battles.

    Should Michael Bay have directed LotR?

    AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • geckahngeckahn Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    geckahn wrote: »
    This movie's only saving grace is giant fighting robots. Maybe that's OK for you but I was hoping for a little bit more than that.

    What, exactly, were you hoping for?

    Seriously. The plot was just an excuse to watch giant robots blow shit up, and that's exactly the way it should have been.

    Michael Bay was a perfect choice for this movie.

    It could be said the one ring was just an excuse to watch massive spectacular battles.

    Should Michael Bay have directed LotR?

    You did not just compare transformers to the Lord of the Rings.

    I hope J.R.R. Tolkien rises from the dead and stabs you in the heart. You are out of your fucking mind.

    geckahn on
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    geckahn wrote: »
    This movie's only saving grace is giant fighting robots. Maybe that's OK for you but I was hoping for a little bit more than that.

    What, exactly, were you hoping for?

    Seriously. The plot was just an excuse to watch giant robots blow shit up, and that's exactly the way it should have been.

    Michael Bay was a perfect choice for this movie.

    It could be said the one ring was just an excuse to watch massive spectacular battles.

    Should Michael Bay have directed LotR?

    Except, the source material for LotR had a good story, and was in fact renowned as an internationally successful classic that founded an entire genre. So no, it wasn't an excuse to watch battles.

    Transformers was a crappy cartoon about robots. There is no comparison.

    Evil Multifarious on
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I fucking hate you Canadians.
  • ThrustinJThrustinJ Registered User
    edited July 2007
    It must be a good movie to hear all this fighting going about.

    No one fought over Resident Evil. I hope.

    I saw it and thought it was a perfect movie translation of the original cartoon. Minus the hiding from the parents. But that part was funny.

    ThrustinJ on
  • ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Azio wrote: »
    Azio wrote: »
    Azio wrote: »
    Guys.

    If the fact that the soda machine didn't just say COLA and said Mountain Dew is ruining your movie experience, proceed to go and get a damn grip.

    Everyone I've talked to loved the movie, as did I. Stepping back and looking at this argument, its like you guys are trying to out pretentious anyone who says the movie was alright. Its like you guys were looking for things to nitpick over and stubbornly refused to enjoy the movie.
    Actually, some people just dislike being bombarded with advertisements from every possible attack vector. I stopped watching television ages ago because of commercials, so I'm sure you can imagine how infuriating it is to have dozens of car commercials sneakily inserted into a movie I just paid $11 to watch. Stop being an asshole.

    Yeah I don't watch TV either, what's your point? Stop being an asshole and assuming that everyone who liked it can't see it as materialistic bourgeois trash. DOWN WITH THE MAN! FIGHT THE POWER!

    Rah rah rah. :roll:
    What? I'm not assuming anything. I'm just pissed off at having to pay for three hours of advertising.

    Hey if that's all you took from it I feel pretty sorry for you.
    Holy fuck, can you not read? I enjoyed Transformers, I don't think you're stupid for enjoying it, and I don't think it's "materialistic bourgeois trash". However, my enjoyment of the film was very negatively affected by having to watch a stupid GMC commercial every few minutes. I would have liked it a lot more if it weren't for that.

    I dunno how theaters are where you live but all I saw was giant robots beating the living hell out of each other.

    Artoria on
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    As I said before, I never really lost immersion due to product placement. It's probably hard to make a movie about things that transform into robots without things. I can look out my window now and see a parking lot full of cars, but I'm not going to think "Wow, what blatent add plaement on those cars."

    I think this whole add placement thing is just silly now. People are acting like Optimus crashed through a Little Debbie billboard, then stoped to enjoy a pie and smiled at the camera. "Fresh fruit filling keeps my spark on the go!"

    Even the scenes with all the cars on the road didn't seem like an add to me. I was too busy thinking that a major ass-kicking was about to happen. I had a few minor issues with the film but nothing that had to do with the type of car they chose or the memory stick cover.

    Mr Pink on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    See, this page is why I hate discussing movies. Or books. Really any form of media.

    For example I think the LotR trilogy is a pretty mundane story with extremely uninteresting dialogue (put down the pitchforks people). I still love Tolkien though, just not for his works. Rather he's like the Beatles to me. Do I love their music? By and large, no I do not (again, pitchforks down, damnit). However they had a huge influence on a great number of artists I do love and thus I'm really glad they did their thing. You're free to consider me a tasteless moron for either, or both, of those reasons and if you did? I'd probably consider you a pretentious twat. Here's the thing though, we're both (generally) going to be wrong about eachother and absolutely right in our differing opinions.

    This, ladies and gents, is the beauty and ugliness of opinions. It's great because every single one of us is free to have any opinion of any work. However as a general rule of thumb people really don't like being wrong and that's where the trap lies. The trap is your opinion doesn't invalidate mine and vice versa. You can think a movie or a book or a TV show sucked balls, I can think it was fucking awesome and the kicker is we're both right.

    Just thought I'd throw it out there ;) But enough of me pointing out the obvious, I'm off to work now.

    HappylilElf on
  • edited July 2007
    I don't like advertizing; nobody likes advertizing but if throwing in a mountain dew pop machine gives the film enough money for another few minutes (hell; seconds) of robot ass kicking I'm all for it.

    Novus on
    I'm not smart, but thanks to the internet I can pretend.
    wii Number 0648 2052 0203 3154
  • srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Well I guess I didn't notice the product placement because the theater I was at prepared me for it with 6 commercials in place of movie trailers. Six commercials and three movie trailers. What the fuck is that shit. Is that happening everywhere now? I'm talking about Coming Attractions theaters, which owns theaters down the west coast. When did this start to become okay? I'm honestly on the verge of protesting and blowing shit up. Last month it was two commercials per movie, now it's six?! Fuck you.

    And this is my opinion of the movie:

    Very overwhelming in sound and effects, but good for what it was. It was a lot funnier than I thought it would be, like pretty freaking funny. It appeases the children/adolescents it is technically aimed at (being based off a cartoon) as well as the adults and teens that grew up with it.

    But what it has in awesome action and special effects, it lacks in storyline and character depth. The human story lines are pretty shallow and lifeless, and as it gets closer to the ending the mere presence of people becomes ridiculous and annoying. While the cartoons focused on the robots and their personalities, this is focusing on some dweeby teen who wants to pick up a girl in his new car. Like, what the fuck was up with the whole "What the hell, you stole cars? Why didn't you ever tell me this? I feel betrayed." that was just RANDOMLY thrown in at the dumbest moment. Not to mention they compacted the entire series of stories into one movie and completely abandoned at all trying to make the robots seem human or real.

    More problems: shaky camera much? It's not so much a style of action sequencing, but rather a failure to make something look cool and a success at making it so I can't see anything. Why the hell is it that every robot made by the allspark came equipped with machine guns and missiles? Isn't that saying that they are literally based entirely off of war and killing, and the allspark is some evil device capable of turning anything into a violent killing machine? the little cool stereo robot that turned into her cellphone, what was the point of that?

    All logic aside, it was a fun-to-watch movie.

    srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    srsizzy wrote: »
    Well I guess I didn't notice the product placement because the theater I was at prepared me for it with 6 commercials in place of movie trailers. Six commercials and three movie trailers. What the fuck is that shit. Is that happening everywhere now? I'm talking about Coming Attractions theaters, which owns theaters down the west coast. When did this start to become okay? I'm honestly on the verge of protesting and blowing shit up. Last month it was two commercials per movie, now it's six?! Fuck you.

    The theatre I went to to see this didn't have anything but trailers. The one I saw Die Hard in had five freaking ads before it. East Coast, by the way.

    Mr Pink on
  • AzioAzio Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    srsizzy wrote: »
    Well I guess I didn't notice the product placement because the theater I was at prepared me for it with 6 commercials in place of movie trailers. Six commercials and three movie trailers. What the fuck is that shit. Is that happening everywhere now? I'm talking about Coming Attractions theaters, which owns theaters down the west coast. When did this start to become okay? I'm honestly on the verge of protesting and blowing shit up. Last month it was two commercials per movie, now it's six?! Fuck you.
    At Cineplex it's not unusual to be treated to thirty solid minutes of advertising before the movie starts.

    Azio on
  • edited July 2007
    I don't mind shaky camera; what bugs me is when there's nothing but shaky camera, I mean is it that hard to throw in a few wide action shots? Oh well the movie was still awesome.

    Novus on
    I'm not smart, but thanks to the internet I can pretend.
    wii Number 0648 2052 0203 3154
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    For example I think the LotR trilogy is a pretty mundane story with extremely uninteresting dialogue (put down the pitchforks people). I still love Tolkien though, just not for his works.

    I like the films, but it takes me for-fucking-ever to read any one of his books, and usually I quit halfway through.

    But you know why I love Tolkien?

    Because the dude invented like five languages and came up with thousands of years of history (complete with geneology charts, ballads about the days of old, and the like) for the world that he didn't have to have to tell a story.

    DarkPrimus on
    dt3GeqU.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    srsizzy wrote: »
    . Why the hell is it that every robot made by the allspark came equipped with machine guns and missiles? Isn't that saying that they are literally based entirely off of war and killing, and the allspark is some evil device capable of turning anything into a violent killing machine?

    They mention earlier how all human technology is reverse-engineered from Megatron, so it stands to reason that all that technology carries with it his traits, such as being really mean and blowing shit up. At least, by movie logic it does.

    Evil Multifarious on
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I fucking hate you Canadians.
Sign In or Register to comment.