Options

Oh shit, it's a DEAL THREAD (Gamestop edition)

2»

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    JihadJesus wrote: »
    How is Dementium? I've been hankering for some scary shit, but I don't know how well that'd work on a handheld.

I've played about 20 min of it, for the price you honestly can't go wrong.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    brynstarbrynstar Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Actually, I might as well ask this here - I saw the Harvey Birdman game is out, for ilke 20 bucks at Fry's and on Amazon - what do people think? I missed the release, so I dunno if there was a big hullabaloo or disappointment or what.

If you like the show, it's worth it just for the writing, though be warned that they didn't get the entire voice cast. Also, it's kind of a short game. You could easily beat it in an evening. However, 20 bucks is not a bad price at all, and it was well made. It's basically a Harvey Birdman shell for Phoenix Wright.

brynstar on
    Xbox Live: Xander51
    PSN ID : Xander51 Steam ID : Xander51
  • Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Im thinking about picking up odins sphere, can someone tell me about the difficulty? I like hard games, but i have little tolerance for cheap deaths.

Blue map on
    My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I just picked up two copies of the Worms DS game (one for me, one for my girlfriend). Then I saw Condemned 2. I was planning on getting a 360 at RadioShack next door anyway, so I grabbed that game too.

Then I went to RadioShack and took advantage of a deal they have: if you buy a 360 and GTA4, you get a $50 gift card. I think there were similar deals a few weeks ago at Circuit City and Best Buy, but I missed out on those. Amusing aside: another clerk tried to advise me against buying a 360 because "the HD-DVD format is dead, so they're not going to make games for it anymore." After holding back a O_o, I informed him that, no, they're still going to make games for the system, and after explaining things a bit, he looked at me thoughtfully and said "Hm, that makes sense." I thanked him for his concern.

SteevL on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Tabula Rasa for $15? Might be a fun diversion, if my "new" computer will run it.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    DartboyDartboy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I picked up Odin Sphere and Dimentium.

I also saw Tabula Rasa there. I don't really need another MMO, but for only $15 I might consider picking it up. Is there anyone with experience playing it recently to say whether or not it's worth looking into?

Dartboy on
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Dartboy wrote: »
    I picked up Odin Sphere and Dimentium.

I also saw Tabula Rasa there. I don't really need another MMO, but for only $15 I might consider picking it up. Is there anyone with experience playing it recently to say whether or not it's worth looking into?

I played it in beta, and it was good. I would imagine they have added some more good stuff by now. I would get it for 15

Dixon on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Blue map wrote: »
    Im thinking about picking up odins sphere, can someone tell me about the difficulty? I like hard games, but i have little tolerance for cheap deaths.

It's not really difficult per se, but some bosses can be extremely frustrating. Expect to go back and grind to get a lot of key items to make the fights easier(which usually works).

Also, expect to fight the same ones at least five times; once per scenario.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Accualt wrote: »
    So much great shit hasn't even been mentioned.

I know, right?

I came here to post that.

Someone's little brother is going to be so disappointed when his birthday rolls around in a couple of weeks.

143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The PC selection holds much to be desired, but that's to be expected from Gamestop.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I picked up Odin sphere. I played it for about 6 hours and i can say im happy with my purchase so far.

Blue map on
    My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer on the DS dropped to $19.99 new today.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat