Options

Call of Duty 5: Medal of Honor 5

12345679»

• Options
    interceptintercept Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I'd like to point out that Vietnam did NOT set the precedent for when the President can declare war, because the founders and framers were very clear that only congress has that ability. Vietnam didn't do it, the founders didn't want the President to be a militaristic tyrant.

That's what I learned in my American Politics class.

Not saying you're wrong, but I'm asking how else did JFK get us into a full scale war in Vietnam? Did Congress actually have a vote to declare war? Because it's still regarded as a police action, and if the Korean War set that precedent, then how come Vietnam was considered another policing action but the amount of troops sent there was parallel to a conventional war?

intercept on
  • Options
    GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I totally think we should make a civil war game. Ride the underground railroad, etc.

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
  • Options
    interceptintercept Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Gihgehls wrote: »
    I totally think we should make a civil war game. Ride the underground railroad, etc.

http://www.bgmod.com/

Close enough.

It's fun to bayonet British officers as they feverishly try to reload while you're charging at them.

intercept on
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    cliffski wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Everyone remember that part in the Band of Brothers series, where the guys pass by these German prisoners, and one guy recognizes someone he grew up with? He even lights a smoke and they laugh together.

And then about ten minutes later, they execute them.

Indeed, I watched that for the first time very recently. great series. pretty scary the effect that war has on people, and pretty sad the way we show no signs as a species of learning from that over time...

Well, I wouldn't say that. After all, how many countries who participated in WWII have been part of that sort of a war after that? Hell, some haven't even had any wars after it. I think we are slowly learning, after all, war has been wiped out from European and American continents. It's the other ones that are problems now.

War is never going away because that is one of the cornerstones of humanity. Anyway cautious faith that they can get the Eastern Front right.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png