As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

apple is awesome let's talk about it

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    fool me twice, won't get fooled again

AYEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I am ashamed.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I like MMS only because it lets me show my dick to people through the power of the cellular telephone.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Wait so if I have an iPhone Neville will have a harder time lemonpartying me??
    I'm in.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • ProcrastinatorProcrastinator Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So how much space do the OS and apps take up?

Procrastinator on
    plan.jpg
  • BoxBox Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    9 and 17 gigs, for each respective model.

Box on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    yeah I basically never get MMS messages and when I do they are tubgirl from neville

so still on course to get one of these bad boys I think

Sars_Boy on
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So I abandoned Mac at the end of OS9. I was thinking of getting a laptop for college next year, and I'm trying to decide between a Dell or an Apple. I used to love Macs, but it's been forever.

How good is bootcamp? Can you efficiently run basic executables and the like? I'd like a Mac for working, but I'd also like to be able to do basic PC things with bootcamp.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    wait, why do you need to hook it up to your USB? I thought it had Wiffy and some Gs? like 3 of them.. isn't that enough Gs now?

jwalk on
  • RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Fandyien wrote: »
    So I abandoned Mac at the end of OS9. I was thinking of getting a laptop for college next year, and I'm trying to decide between a Dell or

Even if the alternative is somebody's shit sculpted to look like a laptop, you take the laptop made out of shit

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Casper wrote: »
    Casper wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    Hmm... so, they drop the price $200, but change the plan and remove texts.
    So if you want the base data plan, plus the extra texts, thats $30 + $5 = $35 extra a month, compared to your regular cell phone service
    And they tie you to a 2 year contract, so, $35 x 2y x 12mo = $840
    And, let's say I go for the 8GB iPhone, so $199 + $840 = $1039

Therefore the net additional cost of me owning an iPhone compared to my basic whatever makes calls and sends texts phone I have right now, is an extra $1039 + tax.

That's a shit ton of money.

you're not taking into account whatever your current monthly phone bill is

I just like how people complain that they have to pay for a service.
    Well, I said additional cost of owning an iPhone.
    So right now I'm on a family plan and we pay $89.99 a month for 4 lines with AT&T. The phones were all free.

The cost above is just the cost of the data plan for 2 years + texts + iPhone.
    So yeah.

But those are two different plans for two different reasons.

any mention the obligatory sprint sero plan with 500minutes and unlimited text data and roaming for $30/mo?

the iphone is sooooooo good but that plan is not worth it for my uses.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited June 2008
    Redeemer wrote: »
    So I abandoned Mac at the end of OS9. I was thinking of getting a laptop for college next year, and I'm trying to decide between a Dell or

Even if the alternative is somebody's shit sculpted to look like a laptop, you take the laptop made out of shit

Why do you say that?

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Callius wrote: »

Why do you say that?

Every dell computer I've had has become sentient and tried to murder me

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2008
    I've had pretty good experience with dell systems.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Why do you say that?

Every dell computer I've had has become sentient and tried to murder me

Yeah, dell sort of sucks ass. But it's on my parents budget and they won't budge; I initially wanted to build a new PC, but they said they'd prefer to buy me a brand-name desktop. I already have a decent desktop, so I figured one of the new apple laptops would be best for college workz.

What do you fags reccomend

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2008
    at least, a lot better experiences than I have with sculptures of other people's shit

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

dell makes great laptops you chump

edit: no idea about their desktop systems, but their lapt-O-s are of good quality and not overpriced
    apple only offers one of those things

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • bongibongi regular
    edited June 2008
    i wish they had said more about snow leopard

bongi on
    edited June 2008
    Dell's not that bad.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis God is love Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    my dell laptop does what i need it to do

Mr. Henry Bemis on
    Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
  • bongibongi regular
    edited June 2008
    i mean i know there's not a lot they need to add after leopard but still i like novelty

bongi on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I see dells at work so i think they're good, but i don't knoow if there's a quality difference between business and personal.

never really dealt with dell at home.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Dude, you're getting an Oogie McTochhhhhhhh

jwalk on
    edited June 2008
    Dell's economy home desktops are generally shit.

But the rest of their stuff is pretty reasonable.

Their "gamer" computers are overpriced sack shits.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • bongibongi regular
    edited June 2008
    i think the naming of snow leopard is supposed to imply it's quite a lot like leopard, so i am guessing 10.7 will be like 'lion' and the next big release

bongi on
  • FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Liger

Faricazy on
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

I'm thinking (based on reviews and a friend who's pretty happy with it) and hoping that their XPS Laptops are nice, because I bought one D:

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    edited June 2008
    so when is the next conference

they should be announcing new ipods or macbooks or something in a month or two right

Faricazy on
  • Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis God is love Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    dell's laptops are good but their desktop's are horribly overpriced

then again so are pretty much any prebuilt desktops

edit: WHY THE FUCK DO I KEEP DOING THIS

Mr. Henry Bemis on
    Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
    edited June 2008
    by the way, VoodooPC just came out with an Air-class 13.3 inch laptop that is thinner than the air with slightly better specs. The air's thickest point is .79in, the new Voodoo is .70in throughout

fuck that's thin

Faricazy on
    edited June 2008
    Faricazy wrote: »
    by the way, VoodooPC just came out with an Air-class 13.3 inch laptop that is thinner than the air with slightly better specs. The air's thickest point is .79in, the new Voodoo is .70in throughout

fuck that's thin

Too bad their website is fucking useless. I have to download a pdf of the specs?

Butters on
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008

I'm thinking (based on reviews and a friend who's pretty happy with it) and hoping that their XPS Laptops are nice, because I bought one D:

They are but they weigh 1000 pounds and IIRC they are being discontinued very soon.

Dell Laptops are alright.

I have an Inspiron and it goes.

The desktops are not bad if you are a business owner.

The Precisions are smokin' and you cannot argue with a company that overnights you replacement components at your whim, no questions asked, even if you buy a refurb.

Jasconius on
    edited June 2008
    I thought they're only discontinuing the desktop XPS systems to support their aquired Alienware brand. Or was Alienware big in gaming laptops, too?
    I always thought they pretty much just made desktop systems..

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The title of this thread makes me laugh. When I bought my first Mac 7 years ago many of my friends and family, and people I talked to on the internet basically said "Why the fuck would you want a Mac?"

Now everyone wants one, or has one.

Fucking hypocrites, all of you.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
    edited June 2008
    I thought they're only discontinuing the desktop XPS systems to support their aquired Alienware brand. Or was Alienware big in gaming laptops, too?

Hmm, I thought I read laptops, that they were dropping the XPS laptops to spice up the Inspiron line to be more all-purpose. I mean, they already make Inspirons with 8600GT's, so it wouldn't be much to go up the higher models.

We shall see.

Jasconius on
    edited June 2008
    Trillian wrote: »
    If I can install skype on that thing I'm all over it.

Also, this.

I'm trying to understand the usefulness of installing software that allows you to make phone calls over the internet onto a CELL PHONE.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    edited June 2008

Also, this.

I'm trying to understand the usefulness of installing software that allows you to make phone calls over the internet onto a CELL PHONE.

So you can get the cheapest calling plan and abuse the hell out of Skype?

Jasconius on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    so you don't actually have to pay for phone service or something I think

Sars_Boy on
    edited June 2008
    Jasconius wrote: »

Also, this.

So you can get the cheapest calling plan and abuse the hell out of Skype?

But then you're still paying for a calling plan.
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    so you don't actually have to pay for phone service or something I think

But you're locked into a 2 year contract. Why would you pay around $50 a month and then not even use the phone function of something called the iPhone?

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    edited June 2008

Hmm, I thought I read laptops, that they were dropping the XPS laptops to spice up the Inspiron line to be more all-purpose. I mean, they already make Inspirons with 8600GT's, so it wouldn't be much to go up the higher models.

We shall see.
    hm.. I hope the one I bought doesn't drop in price immensly like 3 weeks after I get it D:

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    edited June 2008

We shall see.
    hm.. I hope the one I bought doesn't drop in price immensly like 3 weeks after I get it D:

Did you get it from the Outlet?

The Outlet is where it's at. I got a refurb Inspiron for 700, which would have costed 1250 retail.

It's basically in perfect condition except the DVD drive is noisy and the HD died after 3 weeks. But even after the drive replacement I still saved 400 bucks.

Jasconius on