• Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    WOOOOHOOOOO

EDIT: For PS2, right?!

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    PunkBoy wrote: »
    WOOOOHOOOOO

EDIT: For PS2, right?!

yup its 10 days before my birthday soo i guess ill get that and the guide from my parents.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Awesome!

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    with OST as well :O

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Well tan my hide and call me Sally, I did not see this coming from miles away. Persona 3 was only critically acclaimed and had such fan response for FES that they even brought that over. It's so surprising that they would realize that Persona is a game that actually sells. Next thing you know Rockstar will make GTA5 or Nintendo will make another Mario game.

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Well...Persona is still no GTA or Mario in terms in popularity. Besides, who would imagine a company to still release a new PS2 game in late 2008? The only other game I can think of is Yakuza 2, which surprised me as well.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Retarded_TurkeyRetarded_Turkey Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I just got an email from Atlus annoucing Persona 4 for DECEMBER 9TH, 2008!!

From the email:

Persona 4 is coming to North America.

It will be in stores THIS holiday season, December 9th, in a deluxe 2-disc release. Each and every copy of Persona 4 will include a soundtrack CD with select music from the game.

Persona 4. December 9th. Only $39.99. Mark your calendars.

P4PromoCvrDiscs415.jpg

Retarded_Turkey on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Zomg P4 on my birthday! WHEE!

Darklyre on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Fuck, that means I better get started on FES. I stopped playing after I realized I fucked up the Elizabeth dates and restarted.

Retarded_Turkey on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Cover art looks hot.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Well...Persona is still no GTA or Mario in terms in popularity. Besides, who would imagine a company to still release a new PS2 game in late 2008? The only other game I can think of is Yakuza 2, which surprised me as well.

Well the PS1 had games released for a bit after the PS2 came out. Has Atlus even announced a PS3 game, in the US or Japan? Persona/Tensei is the Mario/GTA of Atlus USA though. That and Trauma Center. Those are the cash cows for the company. What else can they rely on, the next Sting game? Obscure Puzzle Game #37?

Also they better use that cover and not do some dumb silhouettes again. No outstretched hand either. I'd like something original for once.

Gilder on
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Gilder wrote: »

Well the PS1 had games released for a bit after the PS2 came out. Has Atlus even announced a PS3 game, in the US or Japan? Persona/Tensei is the Mario/GTA of Atlus USA though. That and Trauma Center. Those are the cash cows for the company. What else can they rely on, the next Sting game? Obscure Puzzle Game #37?

Also they better use that cover and not do some dumb silhouettes again. No outstretched hand either. I'd like something original for once.

The first will be some shitty Idea Factory game or the SMT game which i think was already announced as P5.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Ok, then I guess I have that amount of to bother getting FES and beat it. Unless I don't bother, then I won't! But hey, looks good so far.

Schide on
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Gilder wrote: »
    Well tan my hide and call me Sally, I did not see this coming from miles away. Persona 3 was only critically acclaimed and had such fan response for FES that they even brought that over. It's so surprising that they would realize that Persona is a game that actually sells. Next thing you know Rockstar will make GTA5 or Nintendo will make another Mario game.

You should be proud, my eyes just rolled so far when reading this post that I hurt myself.

Seriously though, P4-US this year? That's freaking awesome.

In Before PAL bitching...

KiTA on
  • Options
    Radikal_DreamerRadikal_Dreamer Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    $39.99 for Persona 4!? Wow, that's the part I'm surprised about. How are they even making money at that price. I almost feel bad for buying it for that. They deserve more of my moneys.

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Wait, hm, 5 month localization turnaround? I wonder if they've already started on the localization...

KiTA on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    wow.

Okay, once I'm back to my senses, I'll start OP updating.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I could not be happier that they're using that cover.

'Subject to change' nothing. Keep it.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Um, can anyone actually open the trailer on Youtube that's in the new newsletter? It says I have to put Atlus on my friend's list.

KiTA on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    KiTA wrote: »
    Um, can anyone actually open the trailer on Youtube that's in the new newsletter? It says I have to put Atlus on my friend's list.

I think it's the same as the official opening. I'll be stunned if it's something different.

I'm still stunned, regardless.

I really didn't see this coming at all.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    It's not that surprising. DDS2 only took 6 months to come out after we got DDS1 and it took about 7 months for Devil Summoner. They do some fast translation work.

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I think somewhere in the back of my mind I was fearing they'd have a hard time releasing it here.

I couldn't be happier that I was wrong.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Agreed. It is hot.

Retarded_Turkey on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Develop strong friendships to aid you in battle, take direct control of your party in combat, acquire and fuse Personas, craft weapons, sign up for part-time jobs... You'll never be short of something to do in Persona 4.

No more party AI?

Hopefully they'll make it easier/saner to do a single run max S-link game this time.

KiTA on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Agreed. It is hot.
    I don't like it.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So what was the special gift attendees got I wonder.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

I'd like to know that as well..

Retarded_Turkey on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Blackjack wrote: »

Agreed. It is hot.
    I don't like it.

Keep your fingers crossed for the silhouette version?
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

I'd like to know that as well..

An evoker.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Really?! Damn, I wish I could have gone to that.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Kidding, actually. :P I have no idea what they gave out.

It'll be priceless if it was a Jack Frost doll.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    langfor6langfor6 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So let me get this straight. Before this year is over, we are probably going to get what appears to be a quality translation of Innocent Sin AND Persona 4 in the US?

My gods, it will be beautiful.

langfor6 on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Develop strong friendships to aid you in battle, take direct control of your party in combat, acquire and fuse Personas, craft weapons, sign up for part-time jobs... You'll never be short of something to do in Persona 4.

No more party AI?

Hopefully they'll make it easier/saner to do a single run max S-link game this time.

Well, knowing that P3 has AI control for your party is one of the major reasons I've held off getting it, since I pretty much hate that. So hearing P4 doesn't have that is good news for me.

Schide on
  • Options
    OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So I've just gotten past the second full moon and the only thing I really hate about it is the fact that the death of the main character in battle is insta-gameover and your allies can't revive you

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Schide wrote: »

No more party AI?

Well, knowing that P3 has AI control for your party is one of the major reasons I've held off getting it, since I pretty much hate that. So hearing P4 doesn't have that is good news for me.

They're generally smart, and they give you tactics that let you customize their behavior pretty closely.

captaink on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The gift was a Persona 4 t-shirt, for the record. Not something worth being jealous over.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Ohtsam wrote: »
    So I've just gotten past the second full moon and the only thing I really hate about it is the fact that the death of the main character in battle is insta-gameover and your allies can't revive you
    It really is kind of funny. I could definitely see it in Nocturne, where you kind of get the sense that the main needs to be around to keep your team in line. I could totaly picture those dudes shrugging and wandering off after he bites it.

In Persona 3 it's just weird.

Main: Gack!
    Everyone else: WELL WE'RE BONED LET'S GO HOME

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Going out on a limb here, but maybe something about the character prevents him from being revived.

Cool gift, but if the Ontamarama shirt I got from Atlus a while back is any indication, it's probably nothing special.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Elendil wrote: »
    Ohtsam wrote: »
    It really is kind of funny. I could definitely see it in Nocturne, where you kind of get the sense that the main needs to be around to keep your team in line. I could totaly picture those dudes shrugging and wandering off after he bites it.

In Persona 3 it's just weird.

Main: Gack!
    Everyone else: WELL WE'RE BONED LET'S GO HOME

I guess they're not really your friends after all
    Damn fairweathers

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Yeah, it only really worked in Nocturne. You weren't friends with your demons, you were just recruiting them. They were basically mercenaries. If you died it's no skin off their back. In DDS you're all a team so when someone dies, the others still know how to function and they can revive their teammate. P3 really makes no sense about it.

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    captaink wrote: »
    Schide wrote: »

No more party AI?

They're generally smart, and they give you tactics that let you customize their behavior pretty closely.

That may be, but I'm certain, especially given the stated difficulty of the game, that I will at times be screaming at the idiocy of them not doing something in a situation that will lead to my death. Then i will be pissed. Hell, I've seen people in this thread yell about how their allies won't do something or do something stupid. I just hate the game mechanic, at least in RPGs where there's no god damn reason for it to even exist.

Also, what is your avatar supposed to be? G2 Hero Ultra Magnus with wings?

Schide on