Options

Great Achievements in PA Gaming: The Rebirth: Finally Updated!

• Options
    LorkLork Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    mgs2vr100.jpg

Lork on
    Steam Profile: Lork
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I got every star in Mario 64 DS.well, my girlfriend got like half of them on that file

[spoiler:bc4e417b9e]They still didn't put anything good on the roof as your reward.[/spoiler:bc4e417b9e]

Daedalus on
  • Options
    revolverevolve Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I've ascended in Nethack(without cheats, and I doubt I could ever do it again), and I had a level 99 hardcore necromancer in Diablo 2.

revolve on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ruzkinruzkin Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Hrm, might as well.

Beat Timesplitters 2 100% (ie, platinums on every challenge)
    Beat MGS on Extreme without being injured
    Got Cait Sith to level 100 (I should get a medal for that)

ruzkin on
    g4OlSIF.jpg
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    revolve wrote:
    I've ascended in Nethack(without cheats, and I doubt I could ever do it again), and I had a level 99 hardcore necromancer in Diablo 2.

The former is a true achievement. Hell, ascending in just about any Rogue-like is.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I beat Bubble Bobble (99 levels with ridiculous boss fight at the end) in one sitting, but I was using an emulator save+load thingy so don't put it up if you dont' want. It was still really freakin' hard and took forever.

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
  • Options
    LunaticPumaLunaticPuma Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    In Wipeout XL, I got a perfect lap on either Talon's Reach or Sagarmatha in the Phantom Class. It literally flashed the words "Perfect Lap" which I have only seen that one time.

LunaticPuma on
  • Options
    SaniusSanius Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Do group achievements count? I was just in a 4 player online Heavy Weapon Arms Race Survival game (the mode where you have 3 lives and then you're dead) and we just set a new world record for the mode (25+ minutes if I remember correctly) taking 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. I was the weakest link dying around the 22 minute mark, but even so, I still managed to snag 6th place.

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Beh. :( I still haven't broken 19 minutes.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    SushisourceSushisource Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    The only game I'm truly spectacular at is HL2DM. I never really have the drive to unlock everything or get the best times or something in a single player game. My only recent accomplishment was finishing R6 Vegas on Realistic, but that isn't much.

What motivates you guys?

Sushisource on
    Some drugee on Kavinsky's 1986
    kavinskysig.gif
  • Options
    KKprofitKKprofit Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I beat FF1 with 4 white mages.

KKprofit on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    KKprofit wrote:
    I beat FF1 with 4 white mages.
    Meh. Now beating it with one white mage would be insane.

Couscous on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I completed kid icarus.

LewieP on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    I can beat the entire first two levels of Halo 2 without firing a single shot on Heroic. The only part I have to shoot/fire is the last room in the first level (Cairo Station) because you don't get any AI to help you out and all the Covies need to die so that the end cutscene will start.

The boarding rooms are a little more difficult since you need to jump like crazy around the Elites/Grunts to guide the AI towards shooting them / scaring the AI out from hiding behind crates.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Chrono Trigger: All characters level **, best equipment (3 Prism Dresses, 4 Moon Armors, 6 Prism Helms, Gloom Helm, all best weapons, all Rocks), all endings seen including all variations of the Moonlight Parade, all Tabbable stats maxed out on all characters (Power, Magic, Speed), killed Pink Nu Spekkio, killed Lavos (all forms) with a lv. 50 Crono alone. I unfortunately don't have proof for any of this, being that my ultimate CT file was erased by my brother years ago.

SSBM: All trophies except the JP-exclusive ones.

Mega Man II: Finished on Difficult, in one sitting.

Finished Batman on the NES (might not be that impressive on the Internet, I don't know, but it took me about 10 years of on-and-off playing to finally achieve that, and I felt like the best person in the world). Immediately after finally killing that stupid Joker, I went out to a pawn shop and exchanged that stupid game for Metroid 1. That game made me its bitch for all my childhood and most of my teenage years, so I was glad to finally free myself from its iron fist. I will never play that game again in any form.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    JHunzJHunz Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    So Me and my Dad getting K.O'ing each other in an Street Fighter Alpha 2 Arcade cabinet is not a great Achievement. I believe I was Sakura and my dad was Sagat. I will always remember that moment.
    I have a much more impressive double KO moment. I was playing DOA4 online with a friend. I was Ayane, he was playing as Ryu. We somehow get matched up against another Ayane/Ryu pair, that we're pretty even with. Each team wins one round. Then, in the third round, it's dead even - both Ayanes get knocked out, and it's Ryu vs. Ryu with very little health left on either side.

Simultaneously, my friend and his opponent do the same move at the same time (that flying kick one). They collide in mid-air. Double KO! It was beautiful, and we saved the replay. I should put it up on Youtube sometime.

JHunz on
    bunny.gif Gamertag: JHunz. R.I.P. Mygamercard.net bunny.gif
  • Options
    OneEyedJackOneEyedJack Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    My wife can 100% A Link to the Past in just under four hours. Its ridiculous.

OneEyedJack on
    1089605-1.png?1281667433
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Completed all Primary Secondary and Bonus goals in a run through of TIE Fighter way back when. I still hate the Assault Gunboat to this day.

Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow 100%, Julius mode completed and Boss Rush mode in 1:37.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    SSBM: 53 Kills in Cruel Melee Mode.

(I blame a cruel April fools joke. I didn't unlock sonic or tails. ;-;)

Dee Kae on
  • Options
    ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I can play through Tubthumping on the PAL release of the first Donkey Konga using nothing but my feet. (So this includes clapping too)

I can probably do other songs, it just hurts my arms to prop myself up Sebulba style for so long.

ben0207 on
  • Options
    BTPBTP Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    As I've mentioned before, I now have all challenges completed and did Adventure mode on Expert in Nanostray.

And just recently, I made this.
    http://padsgames.pbwiki.com/Polarium%20High%20Scores

BTP on
    Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & DS High Scores Thread
    I WILL NOT BE DOING 3DS FOR NWC THREAD. SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER.
    Spoiler contains Friend Codes. Won't you be my friend?
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!
    Mario Kart Wii: 3136-6982-0286 Tetris Party: 2364 1569 4310
    Guitar Hero: Metallica: 1032 7229 7191
    TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM: 1935-2070-9123

Nintendo DS:
    Worms: Open Warfare 2: 1418-7870-1606 Space Bust-a-Move: 017398 403043
    Scribblenauts: 1290-7509-5558
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I got a hole in one in Golden Tee Fore! 2002 by bouncing my ball across 3 rocks in a water hazard.

143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    TuomaTuoma Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    One-lifed Gradius (nes), then wasted all my lives super fast on the second loop =/ Also Gradius V on what i think was normal... Don't own the game but played it for a week straight, every single hour i could spare.
    Had watched a fair amount of super-play videos of it before and that helped out ALOT when i actually tried the game myself.

1 ccs on Life Force and Super R-type... and Shikigami No Shiro 2.
    Some others like all stars in mario etc but everyone seems to have covered that.

Tuoma on
    Tuoma.png
  • Options
    JamesRotaryJamesRotary Registered User new member
    edited February 2007
    Completed Gears of War single player mode on insane only dying once when a glitch allowed the kryll to eat me alive when I was standing on top of a light behind some cover at RAAM's car.

Beat SSBM on very hard with all characters (dying only while using Pichu, Young Link and Bowser) and got all trophies.

Beat Lightning Force for Genesis (a.k.a. Thunder Force IV) without cheating once.

100% Completed Splinter Cell Double Agent (X360) on hardest difficulty.

Once got two Killamanjaro awards in one game of Big Team Battle in Halo 2. (Two times killing seven people in a row within four seconds of each other.) I was level 38 at the time. (Highest level I reached)

Beat either Metroid Fusion or Metroid: Zero Mission (Might have been both) in about an hour.

JamesRotary on
  • Options
    His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I just 97%'d a GH-imported Heart-Shaped Box on Amazing in Frets on Fire. Probably wouldn't be particularly impressive in Guitar Hero, but Frets on Fire has no hammer ons/pull offs, and I have to strum with a measly Enter button.

His Corkiness on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I just 97%'d a GH-imported Heart-Shaped Box on Amazing in Frets on Fire. Probably wouldn't be particularly impressive in Guitar Hero, but Frets on Fire has no hammer ons/pull offs, and I have to strum with a measly Enter button.
    You can use the Shift button as a downward strum. Even so, I didn't realize just how extremely helpful HOs/POs were to me until I started getting into Frets on Fire.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    old school and no proof, so take it or leave it but:

Could finish Mega Man II with bosses in any order without dying.

*bonus* could also beat all 8 robot masters in the transporter room at the end without using their weakness. (In fact, I didn't even KNOW metal man died in one hit using the Metal Blade (his own weapon).

It was Christmas, I was young, and evidently insane.

I've tried it again recently on the Mega Man anniversary collection (or whatever it's called) on PS2. Beat it in my first sitting, but doing the bosses in any order and with just the mega buster will take some more practice once again.

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Mine are weak compared to some of the stuff in here, but here's my list.
    • Beat Toejam and Earl, random world, 1 player
    • Completed Paper Mario's Pit of 100 Trials
    • Did all the Master Thief Challenges in Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
    • Mastered every job for every story character and 2 recruits in FFT

And, since I review for eToychest, I'm probably the only person in the world to have played Disney's Cars to completion for each of the following platforms: XBOX, PSP, GBA, and DS.

As far as I know PC version = DS version and GCN, PS2 versions = XBOX version. I'm not sure about Wii, but I'll bet it's just like XBOX + waggle for steering.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I beat Baldur's Gate 2 and ToB on insane difficulty with Tactics (including Improved Irenicus), Ascension, and Improved Battles once with a solo Barbarian and once with a solo vanilla Cleric.

Vi Monks on
  • Options
    BallmanBallman Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    It's not an achievement yet, but there are only four songs on expert in GH2 that I haven't five-starred. The only non-bonus song is Misirlou. After that, I have Jordan (I have 4-starred it, though!), Six, and The Light that Blinds. The last one I've only played through a handful of times, but the other three are beasts.

And this isn't my achievement, but I was sitting around watching someone kicking field goals in some iteration of Madden a few years ago, and I started giving him random challenges. It started with different lengths of kicks, and different angles, and after a while I had him hit the upright, the crossbar, and finally, he bounced the football off the top of one of the uprights.

Damn do I wish I had that kind of time to waste now.

Edit: Heh, didn't realize this was linked, but I'm now only missing Misirlou and Six. (I.E. a little while back I five-starred Jordan.)

Ballman on
  • Options
    FragtasticFragtastic Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    On my friends Street Fighter II cabinet, I went five rounds with Sagat. I won the first, but the next three were Double KO's. I won the fifth with slightly more than pixel's worth of health.

TigerTigerTigerTigeruppercut FUCK YOU SAGAT DIE.

It probably doesn't seem like much, but when you have 10+ spectators, it becomes an epic battle for human survival.

We had been drinking quite heavily.

Fragtastic on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    I beat Super Mario All-Stars w/ Super Mario World all the way through without losing a life. That is all of the games at once.

Also, FFVI. All characters lvl 99, 99 economizers, 99 Genji gloves...basically everything.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    BushmaoriBushmaori Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I have more now.
    Finished the first episode Doom 1 with only a chainsaw on ultra violence.
    I can beat Jenova, and all forms of Sephiroth in the last fight in FF7 by putting down the controller and walking away.
    I doubt this is anything for really good players but I won 48 matches in survival mode in Bleach DS with Ichigo.
    I once broke a whak-a-gator machine by smashing the gators too hard, the game didn't stop playing.

Bushmaori on
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Update : Top 80 in the world for guitar hero 2. 4 stared jordan.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Bushmaori wrote: »
    I can beat Jenova, and all forms of Sephiroth in the last fight in FF7 by putting down the controller and walking away.
    What does that even mean?

Henroid on
  • Options
    HiroconHirocon Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I won the PAX 2006 Tetris DS tournament. On WiFi standard 1v1 I have, without cheating, beaten a player who was using the "all Is" cheat.

Hirocon on
  • Options
    LorkLork Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Henroid wrote: »
    He has a controller with autofire?

Lork on
    Steam Profile: Lork
  • Options
    SpikedFreakSpikedFreak Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Lork wrote: »
    He has a controller with autofire?

Fancy pants materia like one that casts a spell connected to it as soon as the battle starts etc etc. Atleast that's my guess.

SpikedFreak on
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007

I assume it's an intelligent use of materia. I beat the Emerald Weapon on the PC version in the same way. It's just the counter, cast-on-death (can't remember what this one was called) +pheonix, cast-on-death + KOTR, etc.

It's a pain in the fucking ass to level up that much materia. Like, seriously, I had to do it by playing the game for about 2 hours a week for two years, otherwise I would have shot myself.

Edit: can I make that my achievement? I mean, I suppose Bushmaori has the whole method locked down, but I beat Emerald with that. That's different enough, right?

I just want to feel special too...

Wonder_Hippie on