Options

Great Achievements in PA Gaming: The Rebirth: Finally Updated!

1234568»

• Options
    BushmaoriBushmaori Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Henroid wrote: »
    Bushmaori wrote: »
    I can beat Jenova, and all forms of Sephiroth in the last fight in FF7 by putting down the controller and walking away.
    What does that even mean?

I assume it's an intelligent use of materia. I beat the Emerald Weapon on the PC version in the same way. It's just the counter, cast-on-death (can't remember what this one was called) +pheonix, cast-on-death + KOTR, etc.

It's a pain in the fucking ass to level up that much materia. Like, seriously, I had to do it by playing the game for about 2 hours a week for two years, otherwise I would have shot myself.

Edit: can I make that my achievement? I mean, I suppose Bushmaori has the whole method locked down, but I beat Emerald with that. That's different enough, right?

I just want to feel special too...

Yeah that's it, my friend wanted to see the last bosses so I said here, only press a button when talking appears. Emerald though fuck me I considered doing that but when I thought about the amount of time it would have taken to level that materia.
    I mean jesus fucking christ.

Bushmaori on
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I haven't updated this thread in a long time but because it got some recent posts and there are a number of people who have accomplishments that needed to be vindicated this is now completely done. Sorry about the delay in doing this but I took a break from the forums at one point (I was afraid of running into Twilight Princess spoilers) and didn't see this coming back, so thanks to everyone who has posted since then. I mention Twilight Princess in part too because I will probably be adding a 100 percent completion of the game to my list after awhile here. I'm about to start another play through and last time I got everything but two poes. Those fuckers are going down this time. Oh, I also got all of the hidden coins in New Super Mario Bros. Can't think of anything else at the moment but I will be sure to be more active with this thread now.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    Ownage JonesOwnage Jones Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Last thing of any significance was beating God of War 2 on every difficulty and having a Titan rank for every Challenge of the Titans.

I'm working through Resistance to get the skillpoints.

Ownage Jones on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Currently playing: Infamous, Resident Evil 5
    Need to play: Shadow Complex, Uncharted 2, Ratchet and Clank: ACIT, MW2, Alpha Protocol
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I can cap the flag on Broadside in Tribes 1 (shifterv5) in 11.7 seconds, starting at the door to my own base.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Ownage, I feel that you deserve some kind of medal or something for your overall list.

How do you get skillpoints in Resistance though? I am rather on unfamiliar with how the game plays out. I'm imagining it as something you get to increase proficiency with certain weapons but it might also be something that you earn for completing certain objectives.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    NerdtendoNerdtendo Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I've got two of them:

More recently (and less impressive), unlocked EVERY cheat in 007 Goldeneye for the N64 without the help of a friend, or any type of gameshark. Found out a few years later about the button codes (when they were released).

Actually beat Bayou Billy (billie?) on the original NES without using a game shark or anything.

Nerdtendo on
    IHZR47b.png
  • Options
    thej3wthej3w Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I kept Aeris alive in FF7.

Seriously though, I got all the coins in NSMB, can beat Mario 1 in like 6 minutes, not the best time but not bad either. Beat Zelda:LttP in like 2 hours, maybe 2.5 hours.

Did an entire match in Gears of War 4vs4 where I took out the entire other team without dying with a chainsaw.

Beat a police chase race thing in NFS:HP in 20 seconds while playing over the network with VNC.

thej3w on
    J4ku.png
  • Options
    Ownage JonesOwnage Jones Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Rehab wrote: »
    Ownage, I feel that you deserve some kind of medal or something for your overall list.

How do you get skillpoints in Resistance though? I am rather on unfamiliar with how the game plays out. I'm imagining it as something you get to increase proficiency with certain weapons but it might also be something that you earn for completing certain objectives.

Aww, shucks. Thanks. I just can't have games unbeaten (unless they suck). ;-)

The Resistance skill points are weird. They were in the Ratchet games, but they actually told you what to do. As far as I can tell, the ones in Resistance don't say shit until you do them. For instance, "In One Ear, Out the Other" is something given for 5 headshots with Fareye for one level. Another one, "Fast like the Tortoise" is given if you take no damage from Slipskulls in the house, London Level.

My favorite was "Acupuncture is Cheaper", kill three Hybrids with one Hedgehog. :lol:
    I'm trying to get all the intelligence documents now, I'm really digging how much effort was put into that backstory/clues, even the weapons if you pay close attention.

Ownage Jones on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Currently playing: Infamous, Resident Evil 5
    Need to play: Shadow Complex, Uncharted 2, Ratchet and Clank: ACIT, MW2, Alpha Protocol
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    My first S-Ranked song for Ouendan was Robots vs Policemen on Cheerleader difficulty. I have to double-check the score, but I think it's high enough to add to the score wiki, even.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    CarnivoreCarnivore Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Waaay back when I was one of the top ranked PGR3 drivers. I let that slide horribly though and never took it up again.

Was on Gotham tv a fair few times (nabbed me the hardest achievement too)

Carnivore on
    hihi.jpg
  • Options
    BiggNifeBiggNife Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Right now I'm trying to beat Gunstar Super Heroes on Hard with only the primary shot and no special attacks. This should be fun.

BiggNife on
  • Options
    BallmanBallman Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I updated my post that is linked on the first page. I now only have Misirlou and Six that haven't been five-starred on expert GH2.

Ballman on
  • Options
    OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Beat all 4 monkey island games in one day, playing the 1st 3 at the same time using multiple ScummVM windows.

Ohtsam on
  • Options
    String of LettersString of Letters Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Not much to brag about,

- 102% in DKC2
    - 120 Stars in SM64
    - Beat Flashback for SNES
    - 3@30 in Diablo 1 (it involves, upon getting level 30, quitting current game, going straight to Hell difficulty Hell, and wasting Diablo. Pretty hard actually).

will add more as I recall

String of Letters on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007
    Ohtsam wrote: »
    Beat all 4 monkey island games in one day, playing the 1st 3 at the same time using multiple ScummVM windows.

Interesting.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    AkatsukiAkatsuki Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I've beaten Metroid Prime 100% items and 100% log book on hard mode. Got no pics though.

Akatsuki on
    Preacher wrote:
    ...my inner weaboo can kawaii all over this desu.

Pokémon HGSS: 1205 1613 4041
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    This isn't as epic or mind blowing as a lot of the shit people have pulled off in this thread, but I've never heard of anyone else doing this: Helicopter flipping in GTA.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Is that you doing it? Do you have to have the PC version to do it?

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Is that you doing it?

Yes, I did that.
    Do you have to have the PC version to do it?

I don't know- never played the console version.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    I was just curious, now I'm gonna load up my old save and try it. Fun fun.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    [Assassination Attempt!][Assassination Attempt!] __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    cool thread

I have beaten Gemfire for the SNES with EVERY family in EVERY scenario. I once beat the game in one sitting and it took about 14 hours.

[Assassination Attempt!] on
    mindliberator.png