As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Is it August yet?

BrennaCeDriaBrennaCeDria Registered User regular
edited June 2008 in PAX Archive
Seriously, with 95+ temperatures consistently in Savannah, I'm ready to go already. Add to that a full time job and full time school even during the summer, and I'm burnt out and desperately need the vacation PAX is going to provide. How's everyone else handling the wait? Good? Bad? Skin-crawling crazy-bad? How is everyone coping until time to go?

BrennaCeDria on

• MR.TMR.T Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm starting to feel the itch. I've got a few small trips before PAX to tide me over. I'm going to hit a water park and spend a week at the beach. It's not exactly PAX but since I've never swam in the ocean, it should be fun. My group and I are definately restless, though. I feel like a group of racehorses waiting at the starting line. ;)

MR.T on
  • BrennaCeDriaBrennaCeDria Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Oceans are overrated, once you've been near one long enough. I do understand if it's your first time to swim in one, though, just to say you have. Kind of like me and roller coasters...

I feel like I'm about to drive at least parts of my group crazy. Well, I know I'm probably already there with my husband, as well as the poor girls at work that I keep babbling to about Seattle (they don't care about the PAX part, since they're traditional "girls" and I'm not). I'm trying right now to plan-without-overplanning for the trip, ie make the list of things I want to do, order them from most important to least, and start to figure out what to do Wednesday (when most of my group won't have arrived yet) and what to do Thursday once all of my group is in town. The Needle, for instance, is a Thursday thing since there are people in the Thursday group that haven't gone. The aquarium will probably be a Wednesday thing, though.

Other than that, I'm mostly trying to plan ahead for food and spending money, so that I can make it from Wednesday to Monday and still get to eat every day. Eating on time is good.

BrennaCeDria on
  • Kwisatz HaderachKwisatz Haderach Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I've had Finals to study for, so haven't really had time to think about it - but that all ends later today, meaning I'll hafta find something else to occupy my mind...
    Other than that, I'm mostly trying to plan ahead for food and spending money, so that I can make it from Wednesday to Monday and still get to eat every day. Eating on time is good.

That reminds me of last year, the Naruto booth - their main prize was "Win Your Weight In Ramen," so they had like 50 billion tons of the stuff behind the desk. The closer it got to the end, the more liberal they were in handing it out, to the point that on the last half of Sunday you couldn't leave your bag unattended near the booth for a second, or they'd snatch it, fill it to the brim with Ramen, and put it back (no joke, I got hit while filling out a reg card 3 booths over!) They were even throwing packs at random into the leaving crowd, they were so desperate to get rid of it.

My point is: if all else fails in the eating category, search out the Naruto booth :lol:

Kwisatz Haderach on
    Twitter: @Quintonious (new, infrequently post)
    PSN: Quintonious
    edited June 2008
    *laughs* Good to know, good to know. ^_^

BrennaCeDria on
  • That_Spoony_BardThat_Spoony_Bard Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It was chicken flavored though. So if you didn't like chicken flavored ramen, you got fucked.

That_Spoony_Bard on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    We need to find the pic of the TRUCKLOAD of ramen they brought in....

Edit:
    Here we go

1279453568_895e8f5729.jpg

1314853575_c4d4b97baa.jpg

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Is it can be PAX time nao pleez?

But really, I'll so glad when this ship finally sails, as much for the Pre-PAX Dinner as PAX itself. Organizing the dinner this year has been several magnitudes harder than previous years... so many obstacles, logistical problems, internal division, external antagonism, technical difficulties (without which we'd actually have launched registration last night)...

I've also been proselytizing for PAX at work. I really wonder what sort of attendance there will be now that PAX is the top dog in the Western Hemisphere. (Which reminds me of the weird irony that PAX's ultimate prize at the end of the Omegathon are tickets to the the Tokyo Game Show, the biggest in the Eastern Hemisphere. Analogous to a sister city association perhaps?) Could attendance be so huge as to make it as "bad" as 2006? Those poor WSCTC food vendors are going to get even more reamed than last year...

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I was supposed to be in Vegas this week...so i thought I'd e safe from the cabin fever. But then I realized I had to choose Vegas or PAX.

I made the obvious choice, and now paying for it by seeing the same damn wall for another week

JonnyNero on
  • MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Yea, PAX is invading my brain daily hence I joined the forums.

I can't wait for the Pub Crawl, new beer to conquer, new people to meet. And best of all, PAX the next day!

MaoChan on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited June 2008
    PAX is always on my mind, and plans for the next one keep getting earlier and earlier. At PAX in 2005, we decided to drive in 2006. In 2006, we started planning for 2007 at the Pre-PAX dinner. Last year we started planning for this year while we were still on the road. I'm always thinking about PAX; summer is more exciting for me because everybody else is thinking about PAX too.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• RosethornRosethorn Registered User new member
    edited June 2008
    This will be my first PAX. I'm not really sure what to expect out of it. It doesn't seem like a regular industry convention, but it also isn't quite a fancon. I'm excited for it, though, and reading the forums is not helping. I have 2 conferences to attend before PAX even and this is the only one I'm thinking about! Bah!

Rosethorn on
    Buy me a drink and guess a letter.
    _ ____ __ _____.
    edited June 2008
    It was chicken flavored though. So if you didn't like chicken flavored ramen, you got fucked.

I prefer pork, but I can deal in emergencies. :p

BrennaCeDria on
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Rosethorn wrote: »
    This will be my first PAX. I'm not really sure what to expect out of it. It doesn't seem like a regular industry convention, but it also isn't quite a fancon. I'm excited for it, though, and reading the forums is not helping. I have 2 conferences to attend before PAX even and this is the only one I'm thinking about! Bah!

PAX is the ultimate hybrid. It has a huge corporate buy-in from all industries tied to gaming, but because it's the product of two gamer satirists (however much their control may have become delegated) the end result is that the event (amazingly, for its size) still has a soul. Not to mention the community involvement, both official in the form of enforcers, and unofficial like the Supertrips, bar crawl, breakfasts, dinner, parties, tours, raids, etc. just feeds so much sincere individuality into the event as to be compelling.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I've been feeling the itch all year. I use one of my swag tee shirts for pajamas so it's like a daily reminder of what's around the seasonal corner. Luckily I've been so busy with graduation and moving, PAX still feels like it's quite some time away. Plus I think my weekends are booked full until the end of August. x_x

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Oz K. FodrotskiOz K. Fodrotski Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Not yet, not yet! I need to figure out costuming and build a new gaming machine before then!

Though, in the extreme unlikelihood that I get selected as an Omeganaut, that's all moot. x.x

Oz K. Fodrotski on
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    This is my first pax and i've been feeling the itch since I bought my tickets. This will be the longest summer of my life.

The_Reflection on
    edited June 2008
    Yeah, I think this is the first vacation I've ever planned with more than 2-3 weeks notice (love having a manager that lets me go anytime I want as long as I have the vacation time to spend) and the wait is killing me. I'm having enough trouble focusing on my current classes, so I don't know how I'm going to focus on the IT Security and Software Engineering classes I've got starting on the 30th of this month. Even worse, whatever class they schedule me to take in August and September--being gone for a week is going to kill my participation grade. (At least I thought ahead enough to be scheduled for only one class that term.)

BrennaCeDria on
  • MR.TMR.T Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    MaoChan wrote: »

I'm still trying to decide if participating in the forums makes the wait better or worse! Every time I get on here I get pumped to go, then have to wait some more! D:

MR.T on
  • nearlysobernearlysober Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I walk down Pike street (under the part of the WSCTC that covers the street) Monday through Friday on my way to work... and literally everyday I look up at the big glass dome covering the street and wish PAX was there.

I'm reminded of the glory that is PAX every morning as I drag myself into the office...

It's like torture.

nearlysober on
    edited June 2008
    MR.T wrote: »

I'm still trying to decide if participating in the forums makes the wait better or worse! Every time I get on here I get pumped to go, then have to wait some more! D:

I'm thinking it makes it worse, but you notice that hasn't really kept me away.

BrennaCeDria on
  • RowdyTheDogRowdyTheDog Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    I'm always thinking about PAX; summer is more exciting for me because everybody else is thinking about PAX too.

I'm with you on this one, PAX has become an all-year-round obsession with a constant check for good flights, multiplayer DS games, pre and post PAX events and general forum hilarities.

RowdyTheDog on
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    MR.T wrote: »

I'm thinking it makes it worse, but you notice that hasn't really kept me away.

Same here. I only have Eddie Izzard and ComicCon to tie me over until PAX--but both of those are not until near the end of July. Mer.

Been itching for PAX since I also joined the Forums. I so need time away from work.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
    edited June 2008
    A friend of mine is supposed to go to Eddie Izzard this month some time. I don't know if he's still going to make it, since he's been really sick lately, but I envy the chance.

BrennaCeDria on
  • LyanthLyanth Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Of course i am 1000% ready for it to be pax now. screw time, money, food, or what have you. and there aren't any more cons for me to get to between now and then anymore.

there is one thing that i know i will be wishing there was more time between PAX and now: my cosplay. i'm aiming to make an epic cosplay, so time is always of the cruch then. >.<

Lyanth on
    [SIGPIC]I'm not backing down[/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.