As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MiniPhalla] Super Robot Mini, Game Over, Minor Good victory

• Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Lance did kinda sucked, but Pidge was worse. I so hated Pidge.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    And we still don't have an attack plan. I hope we get our shit together on day 2. We are a group.

And I'm bored.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Right. How's about this for an attack plan?

1.) The Phalliant stays at base, safe from attack
    2.) The missiles go into the Ocean, where on round 1 it'll damage *both* the minor and major grunts
    3.) All ranged attacked from Base Outskirts goes and aims for major grunts in Outer Ground
    4.) All ranged attacked from Base Airspace goes and aims for major grunts in Low Orbit
    5.) All melee/ranged attack in Outer Ground and Low Orbit aim to take out minor grunts in their respective zones
    6.) One or two guys in the Ocean aims for the major grunts. The rest aims for the minor grunts. This is because the missiles have hopefully destroyed/damaged enough of the attacking force to not need reinforcements from Base Outskirts

?

ecco the dolphin on
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I don't care about any 'plan' or anything.

Merely show me the thickest gathering of the enemies so I may charge.

As I mentioned, my sword can cut through anything.

Greeper on
  • Options
    TylerTyler Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I think for now it is best to keep the Phalliant in !Terminal Phalla for now.

I'm not sure about who to target with the missles yet.

Do you guys think it's worth guarding the battleship at all? It could be very powerful and we probably want to make sure to protect it.

Tyler on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    eecc wrote: »

2.) The missiles go into the Ocean, where on round 1 it'll damage *both* the minor and major grunts
    3.) All ranged attacked from Base Outskirts goes and aims for major grunts in Outer Ground
    4.) All ranged attacked from Base Airspace goes and aims for major grunts in Low Orbit
    5.) All melee/ranged attack in Outer Ground and Low Orbit aim to take out minor grunts in their respective zones
    6.) One or two guys in the Ocean aims for the major grunts. The rest aims for the minor grunts. This is because the missiles have hopefully destroyed/damaged enough of the attacking force to not need reinforcements from Base Outskirts

?
    The only problem I see with that is that we can only Target on 1 group of grunts. We need to hit the Grunts of The Ocean and Low Orbit with range attacks. The missiles should clear the Outer Ground if people stay in the fight. The rest of the attackers should clear the rest.

Range should hit the corners and clear out those magers while the mechs clear out the minors.

If we are hit bad, we can fall back to a defence spot and protect.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    !Terminal Phalla is where the ship should stay for now.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    eecc wrote: »

?
    The only problem I see with that is that we can only Target on 1 group of grunts. We need to hit the Grunts of The Ocean and Low Orbit with range attacks. The missiles should clear the Outer Ground if people stay in the fight. The rest of the attackers should clear the rest.

Range should hit the corners and clear out those magers while the mechs clear out the minors.

If we are hit bad, we can fall back to a defence spot and protect.

Fair enough. We'll go with your plan.

In which case:

!Terminal Phalla
    !Major Grunts in Outer Ground

And I'll target the major grunts in the Ocean with my ranged attacks.

ecco the dolphin on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So I'm assuming the battleship packs alot of punch, in addition to taking hits. If that's right, leaving it at base is going to mean that we take longer to kill the baddies, and the baddies will get more hits on the robots in one of the squares.

I tell you now, as someone familiar with strategy-type games, it's just a bad idea to keep that much firepower at home for no good reason. Since we aren't in any real danger from the first wave (I assume- normally we'd just be given something relatively easy to show us how things work), I think it's a great time to test out the phalliant.

Also, I give you all my word that I have only the village victory condition- I'm not saying this out of "hehehe lets get the battleship killed!", it's honestly my opinion that this is the best course of action... And you don't even have to put it in my square- it's not self-interest motivating me either.

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    We don't know how much danger the 1st wave is. I want to assume it's nothing, but you never know. I would totally agree to take the Phalliant out if we can have people protect it. It can be destroyed you know.

I don't like the thought of our biggest gun being taken out day one or two. If it is that.

But the baddies can be pussies and not do anything. We really don't know. That's my reason to wait.

There is alot of assuming going on. My better half says wait.

My awesome half says fuck it and let god sort them out. :D

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Yeah, I need to go to sleep and shut the fuck up.

Armored Core. Bring it.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Let god sort em out.

OR MY ALL-CLEAVING BLADE!

Greeper on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Oh god, I stopped playing Armored Core years ago... I have to go get that for the 360.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Yeah, I'm a dumb ass and don't listen to my own good advice.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Can we only guard things in the same section as us?
    If I chose to guard the Phalliant and it moves to another area, which rounds does the guard count?

Tyler on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I thought it was just a self guard?

Edit - I want clarfacation on this.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Clarification times

I thought it was just a self guard?

You can Guard people in the same Zone as you by placing your robot in front of theirs in a heroic faction. The same amount of damage will be dealt, but it'll just hit you

How obvious will it be if I attack another player?

The more rounds of player on player attack you take part in, the more obvious it will be that somethings afoot (One round attacks will be "Stray shots" and the sort and full three round attacks will be noticed because there are two giant super Robots beating the crap out of each other which is so awesome (The actual attacker will never be revealed though that is not cool.)

If I chose to guard the Phalliant and it moves to another area, which rounds does the guard count?

You can only guard it if it ends in the same section as you (Which you should be able to predict since you can follow the vote and all.) It'll be guarded all three rounds unless I get told otherwise (f you only want to put your life on the line for one round but you'll still get no more actions.)

Day ends tonight, sorry it was a two day day, but extra time for clarifications is good and I didn't plan to not be here when signups went up so sorry

Gumpy on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    durax wrote: »
    !Base airspace
    This may be overly conservative, but I'd rather our Achilles heel be protected as much as possible. By being in one of the middle zones, the phalliant will be in the best position to move, and still be able to provide ranged support.

Yeah

In my personal opinion the best thing for us to do with the Phalliant Event Horizon is shuffle it back and forth between the Airspace and the Outskirts so it can always be in shooting range of the center and one of the edges while staying out of the range of melee attacks from the NPCs (I am assuming they have those) and within easy retreating distance of TP should it take too much damage.

This is exactly what everyone else has said, except they were more succinct about it.

I've got no opinion on player movements as of yet save that I like the idea of remaining evenly spread out for right now. If nothing else it means that the Phalliant Event Horizon will always have plucky super robot support no matter where it goes. Plus if we can keep plucky super robot movement a controlled thing it could end up being pretty frustrating for the bad guys among us :whistle:

Anyways, !Major Grunts attacking the Outer Ground, and since absolutely no one wants to bring the PEH into the base outskirts let's bring it into !Base Airspace

I hope you Ocean guys can hold.

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Still a lot of orders left to come in guys

Would be swell if you didn't forget

Bwanie has been forced to drop out

I have shot a PM off to exarch but incase he cannot take over Fembot are you ready to answer the call?

Gumpy on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Gespenst Kick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    yea for yelling

Egos on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I'm all set with attacking the minors in my zone. My stupid job is making work today and I have a b-day party later, so I won't be around too much.

But I did find the intro to Megas XLR

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    !Terminal Phalla I figure we shouldn't really risk it just yet, better to see what happens night 1.

!Major Grunts in Outer Ground because fuck those guys

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    !Terminal Phalla

Greeper on
  • Options
    MinamiHideoMinamiHideo Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    !Terminal Phalla
    Because all the cool kids are doing it.

MinamiHideo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    One and a half hours left till vote close

Everyone should have PM'd me something today, so don't forget

Gumpy on
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    !terminal

!major grunts in outer ground

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    !Terminal Phalla

P.S. OH GOD GMT YOU CONFUSE ME.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Shit, I just woke up.

Tyler on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    10 empty spots on my list of actions to come in

Come on guys, its been a two day day ):

Gumpy on
  • Options
    iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The GMT thing is throwing people off I reckon.

iamtheaznman on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    But it's a Gumpy phalla, those are always weird.

TheLawinator on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Vote closed

Results up in a jiffy

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Oh, I thought it was 9PM GMT, not 8PM?

Ah, no matter. =)

Curse my GMT+1200 time zone! Now I actually have to wake up in the morning!

ecco the dolphin on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Let's go on to Base Airspace
    To make our base a better place!

ouendan1sv9.jpg

The cries of sorrow of our friends
    Shall now end...

The Major Grunts in Outer Ground
    Will crash and burn without a sound!

When Destiny calls for our hearts to burn
    With Desire we shall fight!

[SIZE=+3]Go Go GAN GAN GROUP!![/SIZE]

ouendan18an.jpg

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Day 1: I, Gespenst

MrBlarney sat in his very fine commanders chair in the command room in Terminal Phalla and watched the many screens, observing the information being reported in and calculating from it. The command rooms door Opened, and two girls walked in.

"Visiblehowl, Cheez, Its wonderful for you to join us." MrBlarney didn't turn to look at them as they sat down at their consoles, his eyes gazed upon the screens, unblinking. "We have missile co-ordinates. You may proceed to fire them."

A total of 21 Zaku's had been launched to destroy the outpost. Early Intel had suggested a single battleship was the defence of this so called "Terminal Phalla." As dawn broke, they flew across the sky at a breakneck pace.

"This is Aqua 1, Ocean squad is reporting no resistance. Squad leaders check in, over"
    "This is Ground 1, our squad is fine, over"
    "Orbit 1 here, we are dropping into the atmosphere now, over"
    "Ground 3 here, somethings on radar. Looks like defensive missiles are being fired, we are moving into intercept formation now, over"
    "Take care Ground squad, if your formation isn't perfect you won't be intercepting any missiles. Are you in position, over?"
    "Dear god that thing just smashed apart Ground 4!"
    "Break up, Break up!"
    "What the hell is it? Ground Squad, open fire!"
    "That's no ordinary Gespenst! All units, scatter!"
    "Formation broken, he's herding us into the missi-*Static*"

Aqua 1 flicked his radio a few times. Static from Ground 2, Static from Ground 5, Static from Orbit 1? He never saw the shot that blew apart his machine.

Rainfall Stratos smiled as she watched her target fall into the water. Another shot, another kill. She could see a friendly unit dive after a fleeing grunt and slicing it in half. Pressing her headset, she congratulated the pilot. "Fantastic work there, if we clean up here quick enough, we'll be able to join the lads waiting to ambush the grunts dropping in from space. Keep an eye out and we'll be fine."

There was no response

"Dya hear me? Is everything OK?"
    "You are but his Phantom, and one that I will dispell!" A colder, unfamilier voice. The golden beam sliced into Rainfalls unit from behind. She turned, letting off a couple of quick shots as she scanned for her assailant. She didn't even see her second attacker as he ran up behind her and place a fist through her cockpit.

Pilots who died in the line of duty
    Rainfall Stratos, Pilot of the Dynames

Surviving Attackers

2 Minor Grunts in Outer Grounds

New attackers

4 Minor and 2 Major Grunts in base Airspace

4 Minor and 2 Shielded Grunts in Outer Grounds, Low Orbit and Ocean

Updated Locations

Terminal Phalla:
    Tyler
    cj Iwakura
    MinamiHideo