Options

Episode 1... NOW ON STEAM!!!

124»

Posts

  • Options
    PhanmanPhanman Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I will commend Hothead when they give a date for adding these features.

    I also bought a product I deemed worth $20 at the time, it is no longer worth $20 since a similar product with more features is now available for the same price. Adding the same features at no cost is merely smart business practice if they want Greenhouse to succeed.

    Phanman on
    Wii Code: 6596 9931 4190 2980
  • Options
    sobjwsobjw Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Phanman wrote: »
    I will commend Hothead when they give a date for adding these features.

    I also bought a product I deemed worth $20 at the time, it is no longer worth $20 since a similar product with more features is now available for the same price. Adding the same features at no cost is merely smart business practice if they want Greenhouse to succeed.

    Um, this shit happens all the time. I paid $400 for my iPod 4 years ago. Now that better and bigger ones have come out with color screens and video & internet capabilities, mine sure isn't worth $400 anymore. Fuck Apple for releasing a better version after I bought mine! I want them to upgrade mine free of charge to do all the same shit as the new ones!

    I know this is an extreme example but seriously you guys are fucking whining over a little checklist. How much is your Greenhouse version worth now, $19.87? Does the fact that this Steam version came out somehow travel back in time and diminsh the fun you had when you played the Greenhouse version?

    sobjw on
    I live on a farm.
  • Options
    PhanmanPhanman Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Let's say they released the improved iPod less than 3 weeks after you got yours, I bet you'd be a little upset over that. That's similar to what happened here, other than the game is $20 and not $400 so I'm not in wild rage over this.

    I know achievements aren't much, but before the game came out, I was bummed they wouldn't be on the Greenhouse version since I don't own a 360. To have it come out on Steam with achievements less than 3 weeks from Greenhouse release was rather troubling, considering I felt that feature to be a bigger part of my game experience.

    It does not diminish the fun I had with the game itself, but there was more potential fun to be had that is lost with the lack of achievements built in.

    All I really want is a clearer description of what Greenhouse will be adding to Episode 1 and future episodes and when they might be adding those feature(s). Is that too much to ask?

    -edit- Also let's be civil over this, no reason to be belligerent.

    Phanman on
    Wii Code: 6596 9931 4190 2980
  • Options
    PhanmanPhanman Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Phanman wrote: »
    Let's say they released the improved iPod less than 3 weeks after you got yours, I bet you'd be a little upset over that. That's similar to what happened here, other than the game is $20 and not $400 so I'm not in wild rage over this.

    I know achievements aren't much, but before the game came out, I was bummed they wouldn't be on the Greenhouse version since I don't own a 360. To have it come out on Steam with achievements less than 3 weeks from Greenhouse release was rather troubling, considering I felt that feature to be a bigger part of my game experience.

    It does not diminish the fun I had with the game itself, but there was more potential fun to be had that is lost with the lack of achievements built in.

    All I really want is a clearer description of what Greenhouse will be adding to Episode 1 and future episodes and when they might be adding those feature(s). Is that too much to ask?

    -edit- Also let's be civil over this, no reason to be belligerent.

    Props to Hothead for having priorities in order. http://forum.playgreenhouse.com/jforum/posts/list/75/720.page#5095

    Phanman on
    Wii Code: 6596 9931 4190 2980
  • Options
    yuttyutt Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    The only one with their priorities out of order was you, Phanman.

    yutt on
  • Options
    PhanmanPhanman Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    yutt wrote: »
    The only one with their priorities out of order was you, Phanman.

    http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19/

    Being that I wasn't a douche about things, that's my only explanation for your response.

    Phanman on
    Wii Code: 6596 9931 4190 2980
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    While I understand that the Greenhouse approach was simple and fun and would've made me a better person, honestly I heard about it and just kinda shrugged it off. I don't mean to belittle the hard work put in by HH, PA or anyone else involved in the project, but during a busy work week, I didn't really pay it any mind.

    However, as I posted here, finding out that it was on Steam made it a simpler choice for me. I'm terribly lazy, and Steam was something I already had. A couple of clicks later (possibly the same or more work that it would've taken for the Greenhouse version, I may never know) and I had it in hand, played the hell out of it on Saturday/Sunday during some rainy afternoons, and considered it money well spent.

    I can't say that I never would've bought it if it wasn't on Steam, but finding that it was so conveniently available took me from "I'd like to get that one day" to "I own it, hooray!".

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    sobjwsobjw Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Phanman wrote: »

    Props to Hothead for having priorities in order. http://forum.playgreenhouse.com/jforum/posts/list/75/720.page#5095

    Good, now we can all be happy again!

    I do understand why you were upset and personally I probably would've been slightly annoyed as well. Sorry to be a dick about it and I am honestly glad that HH is adding this stuff in.

    sobjw on
    I live on a farm.
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    You say tomato, I say salmonella

    JAEF on
  • Options
    PhanmanPhanman Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    As long as it is stamped Delicious, I don't care what it is.

    Phanman on
    Wii Code: 6596 9931 4190 2980
  • Options
    ThreepioThreepio New Westminster, BCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Phanman wrote: »
    As long as it is stamped Delicious, I don't care what it is.

    A buddy of mine has a tattoo that you'd find incredibly awkward.

    Threepio on
    142.jpg
  • Options
    MysteryMystery Registered User new member
    edited June 2008
    I was waiting for this, bought it the moment it went on Steam.

    Thanks for providing it over my favourite distribution system! 8-)
    I hope the second episode will be on Steam too.


    Mystery

    Mystery on
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I downloaded the game the day it became available on Steam but I finally started playing it last Saturday and
    I finished it last night.

    The game is pretty awesome. I enjoyed the story and it was really funny. The mime pope battle and final boss
    battle were epic. There were a few things that could be better though.
    When you are told that you need the soul of a powerful person I had no fucking clue who they were talking
    about. I went to my Dossier and looked at all the NPCs thinking it was one of them. I wasn't sure if it was any of
    them so I actually visited each of them. Then I visited Anne again looking for some more clues of who she and my
    character were talking about but I only received the same dialogue. Then I checked the dossier again and finally
    realized that I had not re-visited the mime pope.

    It took me like 20 minutes to get that sorted out. I wish the dialogue had been less vague in that case.

    It also took me a while to understand that I could revive fallen members of my party during battle using the
    bandages. I figured out the health kit thing because I could click on a party member that was still standing
    and it would revive the fallen members. I didn't realize the bandage could revive until I was more than halfway
    through with the game, even though it says it can revive. I guess I was not paying attention. And when I
    finally tried to use it to revive a fallen person I thought it was not working because I tried clicking on their
    body and not on the place they were standing.
    And lastly, sometimes I had trouble clicking on trash cans or crates because Tycho or Gabe were in the way
    and the game thought I was clicking on them. I had to move my party away from the trash can so I can get a
    clear "shot".

    mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    mentok1982 wrote: »
    stuff that should really be spoilered

    I also was a little confused about
    the Silent Pope being the one I needed to complete the story. I think it's because it's possible to miss him completely when you go back for the bolt, which meant that I had never met him to consider him powerful.

    Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
Sign In or Register to comment.