Options

UK bargains thread - "Ah! I'll buy it at a low price"

1356762

Posts

  • Options
    Nexus ZeroNexus Zero Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I bought it just cuz. You can take these things back.

    Nexus Zero on
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    they ship to the US?

    Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    they ship to the US?

    Yup, http://www.game.co.uk/help/shipping.aspx

    Bear in mind that a fantastic deal to us is probably nothing to you, especially once international postage is included.

    Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    UberEvUberEv Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Shogun wrote:
    SUPERSUGA wrote:
    Princess Peach? Man, I don't want that.

    Someone say something positive about this mans ethical and moral value scale and how he's been an impressive PA member since 2003 to reassure me before I pull a trigger.

    UberEv on
  • Options
    LaveLave regular
    edited July 2006
    they ship to the US?

    No.

    And I take delicious pleasure in that. After all the times I've yearned at your fertile soil.

    Also could I also add Black Lite.


    EDIT: Fuck they do! Damn you God for making me this way!

    But yeah - as a rule of thumb, double our price and thats it in dollars (at least after shipping) so a £15 game is ~ $30 - which makes this sale your normal price.

    And is why I hate all you lucky yanks

    Lave on
    poirot1vi.gif
    Scholar and a Gentleman? Critical of bad science and religion? Skeptobot - Is for you!!
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    UberEv wrote:
    Shogun wrote:
    SUPERSUGA wrote:
    Princess Peach? Man, I don't want that.

    Someone say something positive about this mans ethical and moral value scale and how he's been an impressive PA member since 2003 to reassure me before I pull a trigger.

    I'd be willing to bet Monoxide a mod here could vouch for me if he were around. Besides you're paying with PayPal.

    Shogun on
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Lave wrote:
    they ship to the US?

    No.

    And I take delicious pleasure in that. After all the times I've yearned at your fertile soil.

    Also could I also add Black Lite.


    EDIT: Fuck they do! Damn you God for making me this way!

    But yeah - as a rule of thumb, double our price and thats it in dollars (at least after shipping) so a £15 game is ~ $30 - which makes this sale your normal price.

    And is why I hate all you lucky yanks

    Ya, but for a game like trauma center that is difficult to find, paying the normal price to get it is actually not bad. Same with the black DSLite, which you can't buy in NA yet.

    wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    UberEvUberEv Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Shogun wrote:
    UberEv wrote:
    Shogun wrote:
    SUPERSUGA wrote:
    Princess Peach? Man, I don't want that.

    Someone say something positive about this mans ethical and moral value scale and how he's been an impressive PA member since 2003 to reassure me before I pull a trigger.

    I'd be willing to bet Monoxide a mod here could vouch for me if he were around. Besides you're paying with PayPal.

    Am I... AM I!?

    UberEv on
  • Options
    LaveLave regular
    edited July 2006
    wunderbar wrote:
    Lave wrote:
    they ship to the US?

    No.

    And I take delicious pleasure in that. After all the times I've yearned at your fertile soil.

    Also could I also add Black Lite.


    EDIT: Fuck they do! Damn you God for making me this way!

    But yeah - as a rule of thumb, double our price and thats it in dollars (at least after shipping) so a £15 game is ~ $30 - which makes this sale your normal price.

    And is why I hate all you lucky yanks

    Ya, but for a game like trauma center that is difficult to find, paying the normal price to get it is actually not bad. Same with the black DSLite, which you can't buy in NA yet.

    Cool, go for it.

    But I'm sad that America might fuck over my stay up all night plans.

    It taunts me at every turn!

    Lave on
    poirot1vi.gif
    Scholar and a Gentleman? Critical of bad science and religion? Skeptobot - Is for you!!
  • Options
    LaveLave regular
    edited July 2006
    Sorry to double post, but I want to point out that loads of "failed attempts" were still in my Basket. At there normal prices. So be sure to check and empty it all before the next hour.

    Lave on
    poirot1vi.gif
    Scholar and a Gentleman? Critical of bad science and religion? Skeptobot - Is for you!!
  • Options
    UberEvUberEv Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Lave wrote:
    wunderbar wrote:
    Lave wrote:
    they ship to the US?

    No.

    And I take delicious pleasure in that. After all the times I've yearned at your fertile soil.

    Also could I also add Black Lite.


    EDIT: Fuck they do! Damn you God for making me this way!

    But yeah - as a rule of thumb, double our price and thats it in dollars (at least after shipping) so a £15 game is ~ $30 - which makes this sale your normal price.

    And is why I hate all you lucky yanks

    Ya, but for a game like trauma center that is difficult to find, paying the normal price to get it is actually not bad. Same with the black DSLite, which you can't buy in NA yet.

    Cool, go for it.

    But I'm sad that America might fuck over my stay up all night plans.

    It taunts me at every turn!

    I recommend the Shogun 24 Hour Nintendo Extravaganza Sale if your ever in doubt.

    UberEv on
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I'd sell Super Mario 64 DS too if anyone needs it heh.

    Shogun on
  • Options
    UberEvUberEv Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Shogun wrote:
    I'd sell Super Mario 64 DS too if anyone needs it heh.

    He just doesn't stop!

    UberEv on
  • Options
    LaveLave regular
    edited July 2006
    UberEv wrote:
    I recommend the Shogun 24 Hour Nintendo Extravaganza Sale if your ever in doubt.

    Wha? I don't understand.

    My mind it is weak.

    Lave on
    poirot1vi.gif
    Scholar and a Gentleman? Critical of bad science and religion? Skeptobot - Is for you!!
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Lave wrote:
    UberEv wrote:
    I recommend the Shogun 24 Hour Nintendo Extravaganza Sale if your ever in doubt.

    Wha? I don't understand.

    My mind it is weak.

    I sold him my copy of TC.

    Shogun on
  • Options
    UberEvUberEv Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Shogun wrote:
    Lave wrote:
    UberEv wrote:
    I recommend the Shogun 24 Hour Nintendo Extravaganza Sale if your ever in doubt.

    Wha? I don't understand.

    My mind it is weak.

    I sold him my copy of TC.

    And I paid him real money for it, Not like that time I bought Killer 7 off of Dogthulu for $20 monopoly dollars.

    UberEv on
  • Options
    LaveLave regular
    edited July 2006
    Shogun wrote:
    Lave wrote:
    UberEv wrote:
    I recommend the Shogun 24 Hour Nintendo Extravaganza Sale if your ever in doubt.

    Wha? I don't understand.

    My mind it is weak.

    I sold him my copy of TC.

    Oh yea. Now I see. I see perfectly.

    Strangely. I bought TC from cd-wow for £20.49 (a price which means it's an already imported import) and then he fell at the difficulty and so sold it back to me for £15. This was a few days ago.

    And I can't complain.

    (Still gotta finish Phoenix Wright before it gets slotted into my rotation).

    Lave on
    poirot1vi.gif
    Scholar and a Gentleman? Critical of bad science and religion? Skeptobot - Is for you!!
  • Options
    SUPERSUGASUPERSUGA Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    So this one's gotta be a lite, right?

    SUPERSUGA on
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    SUPERSUGA wrote:
    So this one's gotta be a lite, right?

    Oh oh oh oh.... when does the hour end/start again?

    Rook on
  • Options
    Nexus ZeroNexus Zero Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Dongle dongle lol

    Nexus Zero on
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    SUPERSUGASUPERSUGA Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    D:

    NO FUN

    SUPERSUGA on
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Waahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

    Rook on
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    If I was in the UK I'd be all over that shit. I still haven't gotten that thing.

    Shogun on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    There goes the 'lite every 3 hours' theory. Dang.

    Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    SUPERSUGASUPERSUGA Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Clearly it was a ploy to get us to buy dongles.

    SUPERSUGA on
  • Options
    Paul_IQ164Paul_IQ164 Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    SUPERSUGA wrote:
    Clearly it was a ploy to get us to buy dongles.
    Reminds me of a scam I saw on a TV show about how to avoid scams once, whereby the scammers operate a 'sale' where they sell items to the punters at ridiculously cheap prices, starting at say a 'grooming kit' for a quid, and after each sale they give all the punters their money back, and whip them up into a frenzy. Each item costs a bit more than the last, and once they've sold a ton of £20 items to the gathered crowd (who are all expecting the pattern to repeat and to be given their money back), they shut up shop and drive off, leaving the crowds with their bags of 'free' stuff, which turns out upon closer inspection to be knock-offs and tat worth next to nothing.

    Well, I guess it's not that similar.

    Paul_IQ164 on
    But obviously to make that into a viable anecdote you have to tart it up a bit.
    Tetris: 337214-901184
    Puzzle League: 073119-160185
  • Options
    LaveLave regular
    edited July 2006
    Hmmm, the dongle implies as it gets later we may get more leftfield items.

    I suspect some micros will go cheap, and if you commute - And there about £30 quid - go for it

    Lave on
    poirot1vi.gif
    Scholar and a Gentleman? Critical of bad science and religion? Skeptobot - Is for you!!
  • Options
    Paul_IQ164Paul_IQ164 Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Although I would dearly love to snag a Micro for cheap, it has so far been an entirely DS affair, which doesn't bode well for that. I do hope we get more chances at Lites though, since I can't think of anything DS-ey that I would otherwise want that I don't already have.

    Paul_IQ164 on
    But obviously to make that into a viable anecdote you have to tart it up a bit.
    Tetris: 337214-901184
    Puzzle League: 073119-160185
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I really wonder what is going to be going up at stupid o'clock in the morning. I have a horrible feeling that unless I find reserves of willpower I may be finding out first hand.

    Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    LaveLave regular
    edited July 2006
    I really wonder what is going to be going up at stupid o'clock in the morning. I have a horrible feeling that unless I find reserves of willpower I may be finding out first hand.

    It's ok. We can have hourly talks about how Tingle is fucking awesome. And how all the Tingle haters can go fuck themselves.

    It'll pass the time.

    Lave on
    poirot1vi.gif
    Scholar and a Gentleman? Critical of bad science and religion? Skeptobot - Is for you!!
  • Options
    LightReaperLightReaper Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I'll be up for a while, so we can agonise togethr.

    LightReaper on
  • Options
    DarkfishDarkfish Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    here we go 3 minutes

    Darkfish on
    hyrulesig1ui.png
  • Options
    SUPERSUGASUPERSUGA Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    RE can go back to Racoon fucking City.

    SUPERSUGA on
  • Options
    LaveLave regular
    edited July 2006
    Man, thats not even a good deal.

    Lave on
    poirot1vi.gif
    Scholar and a Gentleman? Critical of bad science and religion? Skeptobot - Is for you!!
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Lave wrote:
    Man, thats not even a good deal.

    Agreed.

    Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Nexus ZeroNexus Zero Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Yeah, I'm not touching that one.

    Nexus Zero on
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    RE DS is still cheaper to buy at play.com than in Game's 'sale'. :roll:

    Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    LaveLave regular
    edited July 2006
    Whilst I'm totally stoked for the "24 hour Party" we are sharing - if the quality continues to free fall - I'm going be really pissed with myself when I still stay awake to make sure some more lites don't appear.

    Lave on
    poirot1vi.gif
    Scholar and a Gentleman? Critical of bad science and religion? Skeptobot - Is for you!!
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Has it all been DS stuff? Do we think they'll move onto GC stuff or anything?

    Rook on
  • Options
    LaveLave regular
    edited July 2006
    Yep - just DS - If I recall correctly.

    DS Lite Black
    Brain Training
    NSMB
    DS Lite White
    Nintendogs
    Trauma Centre
    Super Princess Peach
    DS Lite Black
    Something (?)
    Something (?)
    DS Wifi Dongle
    Resident Evil DS

    Lave on
    poirot1vi.gif
    Scholar and a Gentleman? Critical of bad science and religion? Skeptobot - Is for you!!
This discussion has been closed.