**PRE-PAX 2008 DINNER: THANKS AND AFTERMATH**

1246718

Posts

  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Moderator mod
    edited July 2008
    You can watch the CCST arrive at about 2pm

    Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

  • groxiegroxie Registered User
    edited July 2008
    I think I'll be signing up for 2 more within the next few days - just need to double check with the man that we'll be in town Thursday night.

    groxie on
  • langrilangri Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Just signed up.

    The pre-PAX dinner last year was filled with awesome. I'm looking forward to this one.

    langri on
  • LyanthLyanth Registered User
    edited July 2008
    okay, so i haven't completely checked the whole thread, but i did check the OP, and i couldn't find any information about transportation to and from the event.

    there is the SLUT, the no. 70 and the no. 26 buses, any of which i am happy to take. i was just curious about how others are getting there, to see if i will be alone on the buses or not.

    Lyanth on
    [SIGPIC]I'm not backing down[/SIGPIC]
  • AstayonixAstayonix Registered User
    edited July 2008
    Lyanth wrote: »
    okay, so i haven't completely checked the whole thread, but i did check the OP, and i couldn't find any information about transportation to and from the event.

    there is the SLUT, the no. 70 and the no. 26 buses, any of which i am happy to take. i was just curious about how others are getting there, to see if i will be alone on the buses or not.

    If you're planning to use public transportation to and from the event, be sure to take into account the time we start and stop. I happen to know that the SLUT will get you there, but it stops running before we'll be done with the event. Buses run later, and if you need a ride somewhere, I know that Adam and I would be happy to help shuttle a couple people back to the hotel zone in Downtown Seattle after we finish cleanup. One thing that those who are taking public transit might want to do is pool their $$ and get a cab since it will be late at night. Sometimes the bus system can be confusing if you're not familiar with the area. If you want a more customized way to get there and back, please message me and I'll try to help you on a one-on-one basis :)

    Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Maybe the Magical Mystery Tour can help pick up people along the way if there's seats available? That could potentially be useful, if distance/not having a ride is keeping anyone from registering.

    VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • AstayonixAstayonix Registered User
    edited July 2008
    Maybe the Magical Mystery Tour can help pick up people along the way if there's seats available? That could potentially be useful, if distance/not having a ride is keeping anyone from registering.

    That would be so helpful! If there is anyone who needs a ride to or from, please let us know so we can arrange to get you there and back - and thank you VThornheart! :P<3

    Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    n/p! =) Now the thing is, even if I win the competition that can bring me to PAX, I won't have my car with me... so I'll post over in that thread asking the drivers if they'd be up for adding that to the itinerary. I can't speak for them too far in advance! =) But I imagine if we can find a central (and easier to get to) meeting point along the way, that the drivers won't mind as long as they have room in their cars.

    I'll go post the query now =)

    VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Lyanth wrote: »
    okay, so i haven't completely checked the whole thread, but i did check the OP, and i couldn't find any information about transportation to and from the event.

    there is the SLUT, the no. 70 and the no. 26 buses, any of which i am happy to take. i was just curious about how others are getting there, to see if i will be alone on the buses or not.


    lol, the SLUT. :P I remember hearing about that on the news. XD

    anyway, I am rolling in with a local group of 6 or 7, and I can say for sure at least 4 of us will be attending. We all would love to see Chris Taylor, meet some of you guys, and just help out with the costs.

    Coldbrew on
    iMIIouF.png
  • LyanthLyanth Registered User
    edited July 2008
    Astayonix wrote: »
    Lyanth wrote: »
    okay, so i haven't completely checked the whole thread, but i did check the OP, and i couldn't find any information about transportation to and from the event.

    there is the SLUT, the no. 70 and the no. 26 buses, any of which i am happy to take. i was just curious about how others are getting there, to see if i will be alone on the buses or not.

    If you're planning to use public transportation to and from the event, be sure to take into account the time we start and stop. I happen to know that the SLUT will get you there, but it stops running before we'll be done with the event. Buses run later, and if you need a ride somewhere, I know that Adam and I would be happy to help shuttle a couple people back to the hotel zone in Downtown Seattle after we finish cleanup. One thing that those who are taking public transit might want to do is pool their $$ and get a cab since it will be late at night. Sometimes the bus system can be confusing if you're not familiar with the area. If you want a more customized way to get there and back, please message me and I'll try to help you on a one-on-one basis :)

    Thanks Astayonix ^^ however, two years at UW has left me feeling very comfortable with the seattle bus system. the thing is, seeing as i am a young-ish female, i would prefer to have people to ride with later at night. but it does sould like there will be people/rides, so no worries i guess ^^b

    Lyanth on
    [SIGPIC]I'm not backing down[/SIGPIC]
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Lyanth wrote: »
    Astayonix wrote: »
    Lyanth wrote: »
    okay, so i haven't completely checked the whole thread, but i did check the OP, and i couldn't find any information about transportation to and from the event.

    there is the SLUT, the no. 70 and the no. 26 buses, any of which i am happy to take. i was just curious about how others are getting there, to see if i will be alone on the buses or not.

    If you're planning to use public transportation to and from the event, be sure to take into account the time we start and stop. I happen to know that the SLUT will get you there, but it stops running before we'll be done with the event. Buses run later, and if you need a ride somewhere, I know that Adam and I would be happy to help shuttle a couple people back to the hotel zone in Downtown Seattle after we finish cleanup. One thing that those who are taking public transit might want to do is pool their $$ and get a cab since it will be late at night. Sometimes the bus system can be confusing if you're not familiar with the area. If you want a more customized way to get there and back, please message me and I'll try to help you on a one-on-one basis :)

    Thanks Astayonix ^^ however, two years at UW has left me feeling very comfortable with the seattle bus system. the thing is, seeing as i am a young-ish female, i would prefer to have people to ride with later at night. but it does sould like there will be people/rides, so no worries i guess ^^b

    i'd be glad to give you a ride :winky:

    dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • redhaloredhalo Registered User
    edited July 2008
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    Lyanth wrote: »
    Astayonix wrote: »
    Lyanth wrote: »
    okay, so i haven't completely checked the whole thread, but i did check the OP, and i couldn't find any information about transportation to and from the event.

    there is the SLUT, the no. 70 and the no. 26 buses, any of which i am happy to take. i was just curious about how others are getting there, to see if i will be alone on the buses or not.

    If you're planning to use public transportation to and from the event, be sure to take into account the time we start and stop. I happen to know that the SLUT will get you there, but it stops running before we'll be done with the event. Buses run later, and if you need a ride somewhere, I know that Adam and I would be happy to help shuttle a couple people back to the hotel zone in Downtown Seattle after we finish cleanup. One thing that those who are taking public transit might want to do is pool their $$ and get a cab since it will be late at night. Sometimes the bus system can be confusing if you're not familiar with the area. If you want a more customized way to get there and back, please message me and I'll try to help you on a one-on-one basis :)

    Thanks Astayonix ^^ however, two years at UW has left me feeling very comfortable with the seattle bus system. the thing is, seeing as i am a young-ish female, i would prefer to have people to ride with later at night. but it does sould like there will be people/rides, so no worries i guess ^^b

    i'd be glad to give you a ride :winky:

    I'm sure that puts her worries at ease. :P

    redhalo on
  • AstayonixAstayonix Registered User
    edited July 2008
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    Lyanth wrote: »

    Thanks Astayonix ^^ however, two years at UW has left me feeling very comfortable with the seattle bus system. the thing is, seeing as i am a young-ish female, i would prefer to have people to ride with later at night. but it does sould like there will be people/rides, so no worries i guess ^^b

    i'd be glad to give you a ride :winky:
    ItsATrap-preview-1.png

    Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
  • JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Lyanth wrote: »
    Thanks Astayonix ^^ however, two years at UW has left me feeling very comfortable with the seattle bus system. the thing is, seeing as i am a young-ish female, i would prefer to have people to ride with later at night. but it does sould like there will be people/rides, so no worries i guess ^^b
    My friends and I are coming in on the CCST, but we have another friend who offered to let us park their car at their house in the burbs...so we'll be using PT system, and we'll probably need help navigating it.

    So in other words, you have three pals :)

    JonnyNero on
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    JonnyNero wrote: »
    Lyanth wrote: »
    Thanks Astayonix ^^ however, two years at UW has left me feeling very comfortable with the seattle bus system. the thing is, seeing as i am a young-ish female, i would prefer to have people to ride with later at night. but it does sould like there will be people/rides, so no worries i guess ^^b
    My friends and I are coming in on the CCST, but we have another friend who offered to let us park their car at their house in the burbs...so we'll be using PT system, and we'll probably need help navigating it.

    So in other words, you have three pals :)

    Woo hoo! Finally, a brute squad! =) If I make it to PAX, I'll gladly join the brute-squaddery. =)

    VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'll gladly join the brute-squaddery. =)

    You are the brute-squaddery!

    HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • LyanthLyanth Registered User
    edited July 2008
    haha well good to know that, intentions aside, there are people out there.

    as for the intentions themselves... this is not the young female you are looking for.

    Lyanth on
    [SIGPIC]I'm not backing down[/SIGPIC]
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I will be paying the $1.75 to ride the SLUT both ways.

    Look at the pretty map I made!

    Green dots are the official PAX Hotels.
    The pink dots on the route are stops.

    mappynw4.png

    mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Registered User
    edited July 2008
    Although it's been mentioned before, BE AWARE: the SLUT STOPS RUNNING BEFORE THE DINNER IS OVER. Metro will still be running of course.

    ElectricTurtle on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Numquam magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit.
    There has never been a great spirit without a touch of insanity.
    (Seneca Philosophus, De tranquillitate animis)
  • LyanthLyanth Registered User
    edited July 2008
    Although it's been mentioned before, BE AWARE: the SLUT STOPS RUNNING BEFORE THE DINNER IS OVER. Metro will still be running of course.

    yes. i looked it up, and only the 26 is running at that time. so it looks like carpooling will be the way to go!

    Lyanth on
    [SIGPIC]I'm not backing down[/SIGPIC]
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Although it's been mentioned before, BE AWARE: the SLUT STOPS RUNNING BEFORE THE DINNER IS OVER. Metro will still be running of course.

    Well shit...

    I will need to find a ride to the Pre-PAX Movie anywayzzzzzzzz.

    mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • HaterotHaterot Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Mentok, find out the cost of a cab for us. kthxbye

    Haterot on
    steam_sig.png
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    JonnyNero wrote: »
    Lyanth wrote: »
    Thanks Astayonix ^^ however, two years at UW has left me feeling very comfortable with the seattle bus system. the thing is, seeing as i am a young-ish female, i would prefer to have people to ride with later at night. but it does sould like there will be people/rides, so no worries i guess ^^b
    My friends and I are coming in on the CCST, but we have another friend who offered to let us park their car at their house in the burbs...so we'll be using PT system, and we'll probably need help navigating it.

    So in other words, you have three pals :)

    the King County Trip Planner has been an invaluable tool in navigating the king county pt system for years.

    dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Moderator mod
    edited July 2008
    google transit is also very useful

    Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

  • AstayonixAstayonix Registered User
    edited July 2008
    Just know that if you come to the dinner, you won't be stranded there. I'll personally see to that.

    Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    HotSake wrote: »
    I'll gladly join the brute-squaddery. =)

    You are the brute-squaddery!

    WOOT! =)

    VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Haterot wrote: »
    Mentok, find out the cost of a cab for us. kthxbye

    I am not the man for that job. I don't live in Seattle and the only time I've EVER used a cab is at last year's PAX
    and I don't remember how much it was.

    mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • HaterotHaterot Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Would a native please take over where mentok has failed us?

    Haterot on
    steam_sig.png
  • HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Haterot wrote: »
    Would a native please take over where mentok has failed us?

    Everybody shun Mentok! Shunnnnn...

    HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Shun the non-believer!

    Maybe we could use this thread (or another) to arrange for a "ride back" carpool to avoid having to get a bunch of taxis?

    VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Registered User
    edited July 2008
    I know both Astayonix and myself will do shuttling, but our priority will be volunteers. I suppose we could make an announcement at the event as well encouraging people to offer rides to those without vehicles.

    ElectricTurtle on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Numquam magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit.
    There has never been a great spirit without a touch of insanity.
    (Seneca Philosophus, De tranquillitate animis)
  • s7arbucks7arbuck Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    taxis suck!
    2.40/2.50 to start meter
    2.60 a mile
    But you could have 12 people and it's all the same price so that's the nice thing
    But don't do the taxi!

    s7arbuck on
  • LyanthLyanth Registered User
    edited July 2008
    buses are cheap. usually $1.50 a ride + transfer ticket. and downtown is free.

    Lyanth on
    [SIGPIC]I'm not backing down[/SIGPIC]
  • magiicmagiic Registered User
    edited July 2008
    My friend and I will be needing some form of transportation back if anyone is willing =)

    magiic on
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    How is the registration going?

    Better than it was?
    Same?
    Worse than it was?

    mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Registered User
    edited July 2008
    There was quite a flurry last weekend, but a dearth during the week, which suggests I should still seek a news post. We're not at the halfway mark of registrants but we're beyond the halfway mark of time, so it makes me uneasy.

    ElectricTurtle on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Numquam magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit.
    There has never been a great spirit without a touch of insanity.
    (Seneca Philosophus, De tranquillitate animis)
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Aye. We've got your back if you seek a news post to be made. I would think with an event that could potentially be this cool to the gaming community (and this good for Child's Play), they would consider at least mentioning it. I'll keep my fingers crossed on your behalf! Go for it! =)

    VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • HaterotHaterot Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I know both Astayonix and myself will do shuttling, but our priority will be volunteers. I suppose we could make an announcement at the event as well encouraging people to offer rides to those without vehicles.

    While very nice, most people attending are adults and should thus act like one and not depend on the organizers or volunteer clean up crew for rides. call a cab and fork up the 10 bucks.

    Haterot on
    steam_sig.png
  • tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Haterot wrote: »
    While very nice, most people attending are adults and should thus act like one and not depend on the organizers or volunteer clean up crew for rides. call a cab and fork up the 10 bucks.

    I concur. Especially since if we have a bunch of people going to the same place it's only gonna be like 2-3 bucks each at the most.

    tr0tsky on
    tr0tsky is correct.
  • LyanthLyanth Registered User
    edited July 2008
    tr0tsky wrote: »
    Haterot wrote: »
    While very nice, most people attending are adults and should thus act like one and not depend on the organizers or volunteer clean up crew for rides. call a cab and fork up the 10 bucks.

    I concur. Especially since if we have a bunch of people going to the same place it's only gonna be like 2-3 bucks each at the most.

    so everyone best remember to bring some ones.

    Lyanth on
    [SIGPIC]I'm not backing down[/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.