As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MiniPhalla] Thief of Time Discphalla, GAME OVER: Apocralypse Now

• Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Just be lazy like me. It's the sweet life. All rockin' in a chair on your porch, sippin' on iced tea, cussin' at neighbor kids.

the sweet life

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Fembot wrote: »
    why not robauditors?

I like the way you think! Be done in a few hours.

Pfft, who needs to work on their thesis anyway?
    Me... but I would've just slept through today anyway.

ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So, big elephant or biggest elephant?

Cynic Jester on
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So, big elephant or biggest elephant?

The fifth elephant.

Oh wait, wrong book >_<

El Skid on
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Night 0

Sitting in his office, Commander Sam Vimes got the distinct feeling that he was being watched. Given that he was commander of the Watch in Ankh-Morpork, this might have been considered normal; however, as far as he was concerned there was only one person who should be watching the Watchmen, and that was him. He certainly wasn't watching himself, so something must be wrong.

The feeling disappeared just before there was a polite knock at the door. It was the kind of knock that asked to be ignored, soft enough that it might not be heard but loud enough that it could later be honestly insisted that the knocker had tried. Only one of the Watch members knocked like that.

"What is it, Fred?" Vimes called out wearily.

The door opened a crack and Sergeant Colon eased his head into the room. He was red in the face and sweating profusely, which tended to happen whenever he came up the stairs at more than a brisk saunter.

"Trouble at the museum, sir," Colon panted. "Mobs running a muck, maybe two or three of them." He hesitated, his mouth half open as if to say something else.

"And?" Vimes asked.

"We-e-ell," Colon continued. "Some of the lookers-on thought they saw dead bodies, only they didn't quite stay dead."

"What, you mean zombi--er, differently living persons like Constable Shoe?"

"Not so much that, sir, as the bodies up and vanished. Poof, like a wizard did it."

Vimes sighed and leaned back in his chair. He was supposed to meet his wife Sybil for some kind of fancy dinner, which no doubt involved him dressing in fancy clothes and making fancy talk with fancy people. He was fairly certain that his absence would incite all sorts of comments from the lords and ladies in attendance.

"I'll look into this personally, Fred," Vimes said, a beatific smile slowly spreading across his face.

Tick

"What is it now?" snapped Mr White. A hot sensation kept occurring in his face. He wasn't sure what humans called it, but for now he called it Hot Sensation in the Face Due to Things Not Going According to Plan. He had not been corporeal long enough to give it a shorter name.

"The keepers of law and order have arrived," Miss Tangerine said. "They are requesting that everyone go outside with their upper extremities raised."

"If we did that, how could we ensure that the plan succeeded?" Mr White replied.

"But they are law and order," Miss Tangerine said timidly. She was currently experiencing a sensation she called Apprehension Due to Conveying Information That Will Displease Mr White.

"Perhaps we could send each entity out individually," Mr Green suggested. "That will allow us enough time to see that the plan is completed."

"This idea has merit," Mr White acknowledged. Mr Green's face grew red with Pleasant Sensation from Being Considered Useful.

"How shall we decide who to send outside?" Miss Taupe asked.

"We shall vote, of course," Mr White said. "Whoever wins the vote must go outside."

The other Auditors nodded in agreement. This seemed to be a logical solution.

"Who shall we send out first?" asked Mr Indigo Violet. The assembled crowd of Auditors turned to face him in unison, and their mouths turned up at the corners. He was not certain what that meant, but it gave him a strange sensation in his stomach. He decided, upon reflection, that the sensation did not please him.

And then, of course, he didn't have time for further reflection, because he was busy flying through the window and plummeting to the ground below.

Tick

PMS ARE GOING OUT NOW. YOUR PATIENCE IS APPRECIATED.

Quoth on
  • MaximusMaximus Engineer of the Harbinger Engine RoomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Glee!!!

Maximus on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Hmm.....waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Hello all.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • SpeedySwafSpeedySwaf Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Greetings! Who should we throw out the other window?

SpeedySwaf on
  • LignisseLignisse Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    SpeedySwaf wrote: »
    Greetings! Who should we throw out the other window?
    I have an equally important query. From which window shall we throw them? Our act of throwing has two variables; both the person and the window. Focusing excessively on the first variable is not logical.

Lignisse on
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    GREETINGS, MORTALS.

ALL ROLE PMS HAVE BEEN SENT. IF YOU DID NOT RECEIVE ONE, PLEASE LODGE A COMPLAINT WITH THE DEITY OF YOUR CHOICE.

THE OP HAS BEEN UPDATED TO INCLUDE THE VILLAGER ROLE PM.

IF YOU SHOULD HAVE A QUESTION, DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK.

Quoth on
  • Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    !Vote Zot

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
    edited June 2008
    !Vote Zot
    Hmm....interesting strategy. It is so devious it's like something a.....human would conceive of.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Greetings indeed!

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • JoschuaESQJoschuaESQ Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I am overjoyed by our collective feeling of awe at beginning and initial conversating.

JoschuaESQ on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    What?! Hey, hey Zot! You're just do this sorta thing to yourself!

!vote Cold Salmon and Hatred

Obbi on
    edited June 2008
    The real question is, what color will the humans take? If I may suggest that we all immediately grab colors, there is a chance we could head someone off at the pass when they take a color that is all too similar to one of our own.

TheLawinator on
    edited June 2008
    The real question is, what color will the humans take? If I may suggest that we all immediately grab colors, there is a chance we could head someone off at the pass when they take a color that is all too similar to one of our own.
    I heartily endorse this product and/or service.

Lignisse on
    edited June 2008
    This colour may be hard to read, yet it is the assigned colour. Apologies are made for any inconvenience.

ecco the dolphin on
  • MaximusMaximus Engineer of the Harbinger Engine RoomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I am filled with a something that does not know, I believe humans in their nature must feel like they need to be impulsive, they might simply pick a color at random.

Maximus on
    edited June 2008
    One continues to find all this speak of "I" to be extremely illogical. We are who we always have been, assuming we are viewing time as a continuum now, as we seem to be.

All of this continues to be very confusing to this...one.

El Skid on
    edited June 2008
    Maximus wrote: »
    I am filled with a something that does not know, I believe humans in their nature must feel like they need to be impulsive, they might simply pick a color at random.

Should they choose at random, they will probably be too close or the same as one of our fellows, then it is a 50-50 chance. Not great, but I never said it was a perfect system.

Skid, you seem a bit glum, maybe... colorless.

TheLawinator on
    edited June 2008

Skid, you seem a bit glum, maybe... colorless.[/COLOR]

One is unable to post in one's colour of choice, and so one has decided therefore to post in colourless fashion, as is only logical.

One is somehow feeling somewhat... indescribable towards the one who is questioning one so. The hair above one's right eye is somehow desiring to raise itself. Interesting.

El Skid on
    edited June 2008
    El Skid wrote: »

Skid, you seem a bit glum, maybe... colorless.[/COLOR]

One is unable to post in one's colour of choice, and so one has decided therefore to post in colourless fashion, as is only logical.

One is somehow feeling somewhat... indescribable towards the one who is questioning one so. The hair above one's right eye is somehow desiring to raise itself. Interesting.

It must be a very complex color to not be in the bountiful database here...

TheLawinator on
    edited June 2008
    Truly? Then what is the colour of an abstract concept? What is the colour of plaid?

ecco the dolphin on
    edited June 2008
    Perhaps his favorite color is Bitter.

Lignisse on
    edited June 2008
    eecc wrote: »
    Truly? Then what is the colour of an abstract concept? What is the colour of plaid?

That is a problem. Alternating colors in such a way that a wall of text appears plaid may in fact be a good idea.

Carry on then, my idea is doomed.

TheLawinator on
    edited June 2008
    Abstract colors are an absurdity. All colors surely refer to a specific wavelength of light!

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited June 2008
    Abstract colors are an absurdity. All colors surely refer to a specific wavelength of light!

Intriguing. Abstract concepts are absurd? The argument can be made that it is but a human concept.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnaQXJmpwM4

ecco the dolphin on
    edited June 2008
    Intriguing. Abstract concepts are absurd? The argument can be made that it is but a human concept.

Humans are illogical. Illogical actions are absurd. This is the very premise of our current activities!

This one is left no logical choice but to assume you are illogical, therefor:
    !vote eecc.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited June 2008
    He said abstract colors, for what color is there that isn't part of the spectrum?

Plaid is not a color, it is an abstract concept with no defined wavelength.

TheLawinator on
    edited June 2008

The naming code we have adopted does not include patterns. His deviation from conformity is unacceptable.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited June 2008

The naming code we have adopted does not include patterns. His deviation from conformity is unacceptable.

There is no need to recant your past statement. Also, our naming code hasn't been totally defined. I'm tempted to follow along with you though. I have a feeling that the color system will fail us, or this challenge is too easy.

TheLawinator on
    edited June 2008
    He said abstract colors, for what color is there that isn't part of the spectrum?

Ahh, truly, abstract colours was said. The contrast of green was poor against the background, thus rendering the text hard to read. Similar to how blue is poorly contrasted.

The nature of these posts is to communicate, not obscure. Despite blue being the assigned colour, blue has been abandoned for the sake of communication and clarity because it is not logical to write in poorly contrasted colours. The green text serves only to lower contrast to unacceptable levels, thus defeating the very purpose of these posts and yet subsequent posts persist in being written in green.

Hence, illogical acts are being performed.

Hence, it is deduced: !vote DevoutlyApathetic

ecco the dolphin on
    edited June 2008
    Voting for your accuser is an Ad Homiem attack and not a defense.

Ad Homiem is a logical fallacy.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Greetings fellow auditors. I am experiencing a strange physical phenomena: my breathing is slowing and my eyes are slowly closing without my consent. I believe the humans call this being "tired."

It's quite disturbing.

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
    edited June 2008
    One will point out at this point that one's colour is within the standard gamut of colours, and when one states that one is unable to post in that colour, one merely means that one's colour is used for other things.

If another one claims one's colour of choice, one will point this out to the rest of the ones that this has occurred.

Edit: If the one whose favorite colour is the other colour in use (one could call it "reserved") would contact me, one would appreciate it, as it would allow one to be able to be more certain that the other one is on one's team, and potentially allow one to find an imposter if they choose to try to fool one.

El Skid on
  • Darkblade_1Darkblade_1 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    This is indeed confounding.

Darkblade_1 on
    iveseenvivstits.gif
    You're drawn to my eccentric Brawl Code: 4596 9143 4529
    edited June 2008
    One also would like to point out that one currently has a 25% chance of being fooled by another one who wishes to mislead one by pretending that they have investigated one and found that one is not human, whereas any other ones who have made their favorite colour clear have a 50% chance of being fooled.

One is content with one's decision for now.

El Skid on
    edited June 2008
    Voting for your accuser is an Ad Homiem attack and not a defense.

Ad Homiem is a logical fallacy.

Subsequently, the implication is that those who votes for their accusers are performing "ad hominem", and thus illogical attacks?

Let us assume that the statement is indeed logically correct.

Then, suppose the situation arises where one accuses everyone else. Under no circumstances then, can anyone vote for the accuser without having been seen to commit a logical fallacy. Thus, as illogical acts are shown to be undesirable, this gives the accuser immunity from voting.

This clearly an absurd situation.

It has thus been proven, using reductio ad absurdum, that the implications which arise from the aforementioned statement creates an absurd situation.

Hence, the statement is absurd.

ecco the dolphin on