Options

The NBA (Eddie Griffin killed by a train)

12729313233

Posts

  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    And Yi Jianlin refuses to go to Milwaukee -- China v. the World indeed!

    I wish the Warriors could get their hands on Noah, but I'm fairly worried they're going to do something stupid to land Yi. God I hope that kid is more than a workout superstar.

    The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Hawes to Sacramento

    BubbaT on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    BubbaT wrote: »
    celery77 wrote: »
    LaMarcus Aldridge + Joakim Noah for Eddy Curry -- fucking sick.

    Shouldn't that be Tyrus instead of Aldridge.

    I thought Hawes was a bigger need for CHI than Noah, who they already have 2 of in Wallace and Thomas.
    Nope -- Chicago traded the #2 pick used to select LA for the #3. The pick which selected LaMarcus Aldridge originally belonged to the NYK but was dealt away by Chicago.

    The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    celery77 wrote: »
    BubbaT wrote: »
    celery77 wrote: »
    LaMarcus Aldridge + Joakim Noah for Eddy Curry -- fucking sick.

    Shouldn't that be Tyrus instead of Aldridge.

    I thought Hawes was a bigger need for CHI than Noah, who they already have 2 of in Wallace and Thomas.
    Nope -- Chicago traded the #2 pick used to select LA for the #3. The pick which selected LaMarcus Aldridge originally belonged to the NYK but was dealt away by Chicago.

    Aldridge never played for CHI, though. They moved him in 2 seconds for Thomas and Khryapa I think.

    BubbaT on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    BubbaT wrote: »
    celery77 wrote: »
    BubbaT wrote: »
    celery77 wrote: »
    LaMarcus Aldridge + Joakim Noah for Eddy Curry -- fucking sick.

    Shouldn't that be Tyrus instead of Aldridge.

    I thought Hawes was a bigger need for CHI than Noah, who they already have 2 of in Wallace and Thomas.
    Nope -- Chicago traded the #2 pick used to select LA for the #3. The pick which selected LaMarcus Aldridge originally belonged to the NYK but was dealt away by Chicago.

    Aldridge never played for CHI, though. They moved him in 2 seconds for Thomas and Khryapa I think.
    Yeah, but Zeke gave up the picks that selected Aldridge and Noah for Eddy Curry. What the Bulls did with the Aldridge pick is immaterial, it's a matter of the price that Zeke paid.

    Ask New York now if they'd rather have Eddy Curry and a big ass contract or LA and Noah? You really think anyone with sense is gonna say Eddy Curry?

    The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    #11 Atlanta Hawks -- Acie Law



    That's the PG they wanted. They're good for not reaching for Conley like dumb-ass Memphis.

    The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    celery77 wrote: »
    BubbaT wrote: »
    celery77 wrote: »
    BubbaT wrote: »
    celery77 wrote: »
    LaMarcus Aldridge + Joakim Noah for Eddy Curry -- fucking sick.

    Shouldn't that be Tyrus instead of Aldridge.

    I thought Hawes was a bigger need for CHI than Noah, who they already have 2 of in Wallace and Thomas.
    Nope -- Chicago traded the #2 pick used to select LA for the #3. The pick which selected LaMarcus Aldridge originally belonged to the NYK but was dealt away by Chicago.

    Aldridge never played for CHI, though. They moved him in 2 seconds for Thomas and Khryapa I think.
    Yeah, but Zeke gave up the picks that selected Aldridge and Noah for Eddy Curry. What the Bulls did with the Aldridge pick is immaterial, it's a matter of the price that Zeke paid.

    Ask New York now if they'd rather have Eddy Curry and a big ass contract or LA and Noah? You really think anyone with sense is gonna say Eddy Curry?

    With the Knicks' current roster I'd rather have Curry than Noah + Thomas, but I'd rather have Aldridge + Noah than Curry. David Lee already does a lot of what Noah and Thomas would be doing in terms of hustle and rebounding, although not in shotblocking. Curry's contract is bad, but it's NY - money isn't worth as much there looking at how they spend in every sport. Without Curry, NY has no scoring in the paint, and they don't play D like CHI to make up for it.

    EDIT: Thad Young over Al Thornton? DO NOT LIKE

    BubbaT on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    #12 Philadelphia 76ers - Thaddeus Young

    Don't know shit about dude -- SF isn't he?

    The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    BubbaT wrote: »
    With the Knicks' current roster I'd rather have Curry than Noah + Thomas, but I'd rather have Aldridge + Noah than Curry. David Lee already does a lot of what Noah and Thomas would be doing in terms of hustle and rebounding, although not in shotblocking. Curry's contract is bad, but it's NY - money isn't worth as much there looking at how they spend in every sport. Without Curry, NY has no scoring in the paint, and they don't play D like CHI to make up for it.
    Only thing good about Curry is his ability to clear out a buffet table. Dude's a bum and any team that plays him 30+ minutes a night will struggle to win 45 games.

    The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    celery77 wrote: »
    #12 Philadelphia 76ers - Thaddeus Young

    Don't know shit about dude -- SF isn't he?

    He's this year's "next Tmac." There's one every year.

    What the hell is New Orleans doing? The only SG on thier roster is Rasual Butler and they go SF.
    They're already paying Peja $50M.

    BubbaT on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    #14 NO Hornets - Julian Wright

    The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Portland media says Zach Randolph + Fred Jones + Dan Dickau = Channing Frye + Steve Francis.

    I say YES!

    The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Frye and Francis to POR

    Randolph, Dickau, Fred Jones to NY

    edit: clears up room for Aldridge, and Frye's a good backup. Jones and Dickau are flotsam.


    Clippers better not take Jason Smith or Sean Williams this high.

    BubbaT on
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    celery77 wrote: »
    #12 Philadelphia 76ers - Thaddeus Young

    Don't know shit about dude -- SF isn't he?

    That was his position last year at Tech - he played PF/C in HS.

    He's a lefty with good "potential" as the NBA-types say. Physically, he's already there. He moved to the 3 in college to work on his outside game, which started to improve near the end of the year. He still had trouble dribbling with his right hand, but that should get better with time and practice.

    ASimPerson on
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    AL THORNTON

    WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

    Thornton, Brand, Kaman = you ain't boardin nothin

    BubbaT on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    #14 LA Clippers - Al Thornton

    The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    via ESPN draftcast chat

    Josh (Indy): Corey, who do u want to be dunking over on your first poster?

    COREY BREWER: Joakim Noah.


    If you look up Perfect Situation in the dictionary, you'll see "Nick Young in Washington."

    BubbaT on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    #15 Detroit Pistons - Rodney Stuckey

    The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Shut the FUCK UP STEPHEN A SMITH I HATE YOU.

    Raakam on
    My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited June 2007
    Looks like a much happier Spike, this year.

    Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    celery77 wrote: »
    BubbaT wrote: »
    With the Knicks' current roster I'd rather have Curry than Noah + Thomas, but I'd rather have Aldridge + Noah than Curry. David Lee already does a lot of what Noah and Thomas would be doing in terms of hustle and rebounding, although not in shotblocking. Curry's contract is bad, but it's NY - money isn't worth as much there looking at how they spend in every sport. Without Curry, NY has no scoring in the paint, and they don't play D like CHI to make up for it.
    Only thing good about Curry is his ability to clear out a buffet table. Dude's a bum and any team that plays him 30+ minutes a night will struggle to win 45 games.

    Here I was getting ready to argue with you and 5 minutes later I hate the trade for NY.

    Curry and Randolph are the exact same player, and Noah and Thomas would be great playing alongside Zach. Randolph and Curry together sounds horrible.

    ____

    I never had Rod Thorn pegged as a gambler, but Sean Williams is by far the biggest gamble in the draft.

    BubbaT on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Belinelli!

    Nice name.

    deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Jason Smith = Miami ain't beatin Chicago next year either.

    BubbaT on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Belinelli!

    Nice name.
    I think Nelly makes draft picks like most people pick horses -- just chooses the coolest name and goes with it.

    The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    oh my sig

    oh you are so mimetically correct

    Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Man I wish he was on GS:

    capt.e0dcab1917174d61ac1236883f21b7b8.nba_draft_basketball_msg128.jpg

    The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    He looks like Andre 3000's craaazy cousin.

    BubbaT on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited June 2007
    i dono why but i hope philly takes glen davis with 30

    Unknown User on
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    robothero wrote: »
    i dono why but i hope philly takes glen davis with 30

    You sell cheese steaks by the Sixers' practice facility?

    BubbaT on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited June 2007
    no, i'm one of their 8 fans.

    Unknown User on
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Would you rather have Big Baby than Josh McRoberts?

    As a Clipper fan, thanks for Thornton.

    BubbaT on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited June 2007
    i actually don't follow basketball at all, which begs the question as to why i'm watching the draft. lol.

    Unknown User on
  • Options
    FirstComradeStalinFirstComradeStalin Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The draft in any sport is always fun to watch, at least for the first few picks if you at least know the bare minimum about the sport. That said, the NFL draft is still way more entertaining, because the teams with the most inept management go first, so you never know what the fuck could happen, and the teams that don't really need anything go last, so you still don't know what the fuck could happen.

    FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited June 2007
    haha SWEET, FINLAND. One of my favorite countries.

    Unknown User on
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I saw that Kopenen kid play at the Nike Hoop Summit, and he can play. He was holding his own against the best HS guards America had to offer, like Derrick Rose and OJ Mayo.

    BubbaT on
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    JRich to Charlotte

    Brandan Wright to GS

    ?

    BubbaT on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Yeah, that's what happens when your owner doesn't pay his taxes. He runs out of money.

    deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited June 2007
    Damn, Portland is cleaning out.

    Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    FirstComradeStalinFirstComradeStalin Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Fuck this shit. The NBA has lost all semblance of parity. I propose the Eastern Conference just be broken off and become a minor league. It'll make those guys in the eligibility thread happy, anyway.

    FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited June 2007
    J. Rich to the Bobcats. Sorry, cel.

    Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.