Options

The NBA (Eddie Griffin killed by a train)

• Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Duki wrote:
    Oh man, I just saw what happened to the Heat.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I can't stop laughing. What the fuck happened? They were so great last year.
    I'll tell you what happened -- a lot of late night "practices" at Crispy Cremes, a lot of mid-practice snacks, a lot of late breakfasts after breakfast, lots of steak, more Crispy Cremes, etc. It's no mystery if you just read the nutrition information.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    WerdnaWerdna Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Duki wrote:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I can't stop laughing. What the fuck happened? They were so great last year.
    I'll tell you what happened -- a lot of late night "practices" at Crispy Cremes, a lot of mid-practice snacks, a lot of late breakfasts after breakfast, lots of steak, more Crispy Cremes, etc. It's no mystery if you just read the nutrition information.

Sorry, but that's Krispy Kreme.

Werdna on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Werdna wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    Duki wrote:

Sorry, but that's Krispy Kreme.
    Point stands -- Miami is fat.

Seriously, am I the only one who refers to Antoine Walker as "Cakes"? Didn't I teach you that Werdna? Fucking Cakes, man. That dude loves his Krispy Kremes.

• Options
    edited November 2006
    "Suns coach and general manager Mike D’Antoni said he sees Rose as a small forward who can also play both backcourt positions. 'But he’s the same height as Boris Diaw, so he could probably play center if we needed it,' he said." ~The Tribune

I love my Suns, but seriously man...

Werdna on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Hahahaha -- that's comedy.

Hey you see what my boy Pietrus did last night? 16 pts, 10 rebs, 3 stls -- and you left him on your bench. Tsk tsk.

Also, do we all realize at this point that Danny Ainge basically traded Brandon Roy for Sebastien Telfair? When was that ever a good idea? Boston fans, you should be fucking foaming. I mean Zeke is bad and he's funny to pile on, but I think Ainge is actually a worse GM. If it wasn't for Pierce, can you imagine what state that team would be in?

Brandon Roy for Bassy...

*shaking my head*

• Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Fuckin god, I know. It's terrible. I mean yeah they got rid of a year of Raef's contract. But still. Bassy has looked so bad these two games. So bad! Aggggg.

On the upside, Big Al has looked decent.

Edit: Without pierce the team would be on the fast track to Odenville.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I just want to say that I just saw Eddy Curry called The Human Funnel Cake.

I don't know if I'll ever refer to him as anything else.

• Options
    DukiDuki Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Woo, go Cavs.

Duki on
  • Options
    DukiDuki Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    edit: buh

Duki on
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Vapid wrote:
    celery77 wrote:
    You can't have a crappy regular season but be a threat in the post. It just doesn't work that way in the NBA.
    I think the 1995 Houston Rockets have something to say about that.

The Houston Rockets got Clyde Drexler in mid-season, who was instrumental to their title run. It's unlikely that Miami, with their largely aging talent, would be able to acquire an All-Star level player like the Rockets did. It would have to be a guy they could get for 15 cents on the dollar, like maybe Artest if he goes crazy in Sacramento. But even then, they don't have much in the way of young prospects to offer outside of Wade and Haslem, who are both core guys.

Also, it was good to see the Clips get one back against Phoenix. This team has wilted under high hopes before, but hopefully that won't repeat itself this year. Maggette looks primed to win 6th Man. I'm lovin the fact that Clipper games are shown locally in HD and Lakers games aren't.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2006
    Screw you, celery.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Elkamil wrote:
    Screw you, celery.
    Was that you I beat this week? Too bad, you had a huge contribution from Lamar Odom, too.

You like that Zaza Pachulia waiver pick-up? That guy is another fantasy sleeper. I don't know why I didn't pick him up straight away, maybe I didn't see him at first, but he's a solid 10 and 10, plays PF/C, has no threat to his minutes in ATL. He's great.

Don't worry, though -- there's plenty more games to be played. I'm not certain exactly how I feel about my team at this point. Roy is a steal, Ridnour is disappointing after a monster opening night, I'd still LOVE to trade Hinrich or Stojakovic, please, send me offers, particularly for Stojakovic.

Also, don't forget to set your lineups. There's no limit on how many games one position can play, so try to fill it up as much as you can on every night. Personally I set it a week in advance, just fix it up on Sunday or Monday and then leave it unless I go to waivers. I'm hoping this league stays competitive!

• Options
    edited November 2006
    Ridnour is disappointing?

He's averaging almost 19ppg with 7 assists on 57% shooting. Exactly how much production were you expecting?

BubbaT on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    BubbaT wrote:
    Ridnour is disappointing?

He's averaging almost 19ppg with 7 assists on 57% shooting. Exactly how much production were you expecting?
    Well a lot of that is still the bubble from opening night (22 pts, 13 asts). I'm honestly expecting about 11-13 and 9, but he looked like he might be ready for even more than that opening night.

• Options
    edited November 2006
    I think Ridnour's in for a good year, in the 14ppg, 8apg range. His shot looks really good this year, and follows his strong close to last year (he shot 49% from the field in April).

Really, I can't remember the last time there were this many fantasy-worthy PGs at one time. It seems like everyone but Cleveland has a PG who can put up numbers.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Elkamil wrote:
    Screw you, celery.
    Was that you I beat this week? Too bad, you had a huge contribution from Lamar Odom, too.

You like that Zaza Pachulia waiver pick-up? That guy is another fantasy sleeper. I don't know why I didn't pick him up straight away, maybe I didn't see him at first, but he's a solid 10 and 10, plays PF/C, has no threat to his minutes in ATL. He's great.

Don't worry, though -- there's plenty more games to be played. I'm not certain exactly how I feel about my team at this point. Roy is a steal, Ridnour is disappointing after a monster opening night, I'd still LOVE to trade Hinrich or Stojakovic, please, send me offers, particularly for Stojakovic.

Also, don't forget to set your lineups. There's no limit on how many games one position can play, so try to fill it up as much as you can on every night. Personally I set it a week in advance, just fix it up on Sunday or Monday and then leave it unless I go to waivers. I'm hoping this league stays competitive!
    What are you looking for, statswise?

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    What are you looking for, statswise?
    Well I have my estimates and you have yours. Make me an offer and we'll see what I think.

• Options
    edited November 2006
    AAHH. What a nice first week. :D

Werdna on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Jerry Sloan really hates Boozer for some reason.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    man i think im gonna have to start calling duncan "dunked on" its two weeks into the season and hes already be posterized so many times

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Jerry Sloan really hates Boozer for some reason.

He probably expects Boozer to be Malone II.

Sloan is a great coach, but sometimes he has problems with unrealistic expectations. He ran off Carlos Arroyo because he expected him to be Stockton II, even though Arroyo outplayed the other Utah PGs at the time - Raul Lopez, Keith McLeod, Howard Eisley. Sloan went with those other guys because they lived up to lower expectations, while Arroyo had the impossible Stockton II burden put on him.

If Sloan had ever had a great C or SF (like Dantley), he'd probably be harder on Okur and Kirilenko too.

Hooray for the Clippers! First place after the Lakers lose to a Roy-less Portland team. Bynum fouls out with 2 points. Don't get me wrong - the kid will be good someday. But I hope this stops the insane hype he's getting right now here in LA. I'm hearing things like "He's already better than Shaq" and "I wouldn't trade him for Lebron." Pfft, Laker fans. Some of 'em still think they won the Shaq trade and the Kwame trade.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    BubbaT wrote:
    Sloan is a great coach, but sometimes he has problems with unrealistic expectations. He ran off Carlos Arroyo because he expected him to be Stockton II, even though Arroyo outplayed the other Utah PGs at the time - Raul Lopez, Keith McLeod, Howard Eisley. Sloan went with those other guys because they lived up to lower expectations, while Arroyo had the impossible Stockton II burden put on him.
    Dude, he ran off Arroyo because Arroyo sucks -- doesn't play D, makes poor decisions, isn't a good team member. Same reason he didn't really pan out in Detroit either, and same reason he's not panning out in Orlando. Dude is capable of having some big games when he just blacks out a little, but those are too far and too few between for him to really be relied upon.

• Options
    edited November 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    BubbaT wrote:
    Dude, he ran off Arroyo because Arroyo sucks -- doesn't play D, makes poor decisions, isn't a good team member. Same reason he didn't really pan out in Detroit either, and same reason he's not panning out in Orlando. Dude is capable of having some big games when he just blacks out a little, but those are too far and too few between for him to really be relied upon.

Arroyo was solid in Orlando last year and is off to a good start this year, outplaying Jameer Nelson by far. He struggled in Detroit and was average in Utah.

If Utah wanted a better PG waiting to take over, like Mo Williams, then I could understand them dumping Arroyo. But instead they had Raul Lopez, Howard Eisley, and Keith McLeod. Arroyo's no All-Star, but he's way better than those 3 bums.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    BubbaT wrote:
    Arroyo was solid in Orlando last year and is off to a good start this year, outplaying Jameer Nelson by far. He struggled in Detroit and was average in Utah.

If Utah wanted a better PG waiting to take over, like Mo Williams, then I could understand them dumping Arroyo. But instead they had Raul Lopez, Howard Eisley, and Keith McLeod. Arroyo's no All-Star, but he's way better than those 3 bums.
    Fuck that -- toll ol' boy to play some defense and maybe you'd be right. Also tell ol' boy to play Jerry Sloan's PG friendly offense instead of just gunning, then maybe you'd have a case. Jerry Sloan is one of the greatest coaches ever in the game, if he doesn't like Arroyo, it's because Arroyo sucks. Funny thing he landed with LB next, another all-time great, and funny thing he didn't work there either. Dude's a bum who occasionally gets a hot hand. Guys like him aren't THAT hard to find. He's like Mike James, only nowhere near as consistent, which is pathetic considering Mike James' consistency.

• Options
    edited November 2006
    Hahahahaha:

a12.gif

• Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iPVGlc2PC4

Vince Carter over the 7 footer is still my favorite

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    gundam470 wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iPVGlc2PC4

Vince Carter over the 7 footer is still my favorite
    Meh -- his yam on Zo is better in my opinion. That Marion one isn't that nice, it's just funny cuz it's on Dirk, and cuz Dirk gets an awful lot of crotch rubbed up on him.

I've seen some Dr. J jams that were pretty incredible, too, from the NBA Finals even, something Vince Carter would never know anything about. I also still maintain that Shawn Kemp is the nicest in-game dunker I've ever seen, lightyears ahead of Vince Carter, possibly the best ever even:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxQq1tUw6NM

• Options
    edited November 2006
    Kemp was amazing in NBA Jam.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Hahahahaha:

a12.gif

Takes the whole sting out of the loss.

Werdna on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    This, my friends, is what they mean by a "broken ankle":

12.gif

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2006
    [quote=Soundslam]According to SoundScan, in an embarrassing first week of sales, NBA baller Ron Artest sold 343 copies of his debut album, My World. The figures are astonishingly low, seeing that K-Fed even managed to push 6,000 units his first week.[/quote]
    :lol:

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    bilde?Site=C3&Date=20061111&Category=SPORTS0102&ArtNo=611110307&Ref=H3&Profile=1127Q=100&MaxW=250

Funny.

• Options
    edited November 2006
    The Celtics are the worst team in the league.

Doc Rivers is just...ugh.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited November 2006

hhahah yeah i feel for you guys but trust me your plight isnt anywhere as bad as how the knicks' fans have it. Its like Isaiah is trying to actively torture the fans

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    dlinfiniti wrote:

hhahah yeah i feel for you guys but trust me your plight isnt anywhere as bad as how the knicks' fans have it. Its like Isaiah is trying to actively torture the fans
    No, Ainge and McHale are really worse than Zeke, they just don't get the press because they're not in New York. If the Celtics didn't have Paul Pierce, they would be a disgrace.

• Options
    edited November 2006
    They already are.

They blew a 27 point lead tonight.

At one point the Cavs went on a 17-4 run and Doc did not call a time out.

Dude needs to be fired.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    They already are.

Dude needs to be fired.
    Doc is definitely one of the worst coaches in the league, but that STILL comes back to Ainge.

• Options
    edited November 2006
    They already are.

Dude needs to be fired.
    maybe he was trying phil jackson's "let the players work it out" technique :D

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    BubbaT wrote:

Fuck that -- toll ol' boy to play some defense and maybe you'd be right. Also tell ol' boy to play Jerry Sloan's PG friendly offense instead of just gunning, then maybe you'd have a case. Jerry Sloan is one of the greatest coaches ever in the game, if he doesn't like Arroyo, it's because Arroyo sucks. Funny thing he landed with LB next, another all-time great, and funny thing he didn't work there either. Dude's a bum who occasionally gets a hot hand. Guys like him aren't THAT hard to find. He's like Mike James, only nowhere near as consistent, which is pathetic considering Mike James' consistency.

You're making me repeat myself - Raul Lopez, Howard Eisley, and Keith McLeod. Carlos Arroyo is an average NBA player. Those other 3 don't even belong in the association.

The year Arroyo was kicked out of Utah (fresh off signing a new contract, no less) he was taking 7.7 FGA in 25mpg - basically the same shooting rate as the other 3 PGs. Arroyo was 2nd among the PGs (Lopez) in assists/minute, while also putting up the best assist/turnover ratio on the team.

I wouldn't consider any of the 4 Jazz PGs that year to be even adequate defensively. At least Arroyo gives you a chance to get some back on the offensive end.

And you must be joking calling Larry Brown an all-time great. There's a reason North Carolina didn't want him and went with Roy Williams instead, despite Williams not having an NCAA title. Larry Brown is the Jalen Rose of coaching - you bring him in thinking he'll help you, and he might even help get you to a Finals or two. But in less than 3 years he'll be a distraction to the point of hurting the team, and he'll either quit on you or make you pay him to just go away.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Man celery that was a hell of a matchup we had last week.

deadonthestreet on