Steam id: skoot LoL id: skoot
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Manifest wrote:
    jeepguy wrote:
    Manifest wrote:
    Manifest wrote:
    Also keeping with Gwen Stacey death, I recently flipped through the trade about it and saw that she was unconcious during the whole fight and then rolled off the ledge, did Peter notice if her heart was beating or that she was alive? After I glanced at it she could have been dead before he even got there.

It's been confirmed several times now that her death was a result of the shock from Peter's web catching her.

I thought it was her neck breaking from the whiplash of being caught by the web

I just said that.
    The physical shock.

You worded it poorly. Shock is a medical condition so using it in this sense leads to confusion.

-edit-

To be clear: Shock is a generic medical term that describes the inability of the circulatory system to adequately maintain blood flow. It isn't a term that would be used medically to describe cervical trauma.

DURR DURR SOMEONE SAID SOMETHING TECHNICALLY INACCURATE EVEN THOUGH EVERYONE KNEW WHAT THEY MEANT.
    DURR DURR DURR WATCH ME POINT IT OUT LIKE A BIG INTERNET GENIUS DURR

Obviously not everyone knew what you meant. I said you were unclear, and I meant it.

It doesn't take a medical dictionary and a B.A. in English to throw in "shock from the fall... broken neck..." to form a clear sentence.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2006
    Why did Robin become Nightwing?

because batman kicked his ass the fuck out

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Why did Robin become Nightwing?

After Dick helped to form the Titans he felt as if he no longer wanted to go down Bruce's fucked up path, and told Bruce that he wanted to go solo.
    Bruce, with his feelings hurt (as he really does love and respect Dick) lashed out and told Dick that if he no longer wanted to be partners then he'd have to retire as Robin. Dick then became Nightwing and went solo.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    jeepguy wrote:
    Manifest wrote:
    jeepguy wrote:
    Manifest wrote:
    Manifest wrote:
    Also keeping with Gwen Stacey death, I recently flipped through the trade about it and saw that she was unconcious during the whole fight and then rolled off the ledge, did Peter notice if her heart was beating or that she was alive? After I glanced at it she could have been dead before he even got there.

It's been confirmed several times now that her death was a result of the shock from Peter's web catching her.

I just said that.
    The physical shock.

You worded it poorly. Shock is a medical condition so using it in this sense leads to confusion.

-edit-

To be clear: Shock is a generic medical term that describes the inability of the circulatory system to adequately maintain blood flow. It isn't a term that would be used medically to describe cervical trauma.

DURR DURR SOMEONE SAID SOMETHING TECHNICALLY INACCURATE EVEN THOUGH EVERYONE KNEW WHAT THEY MEANT.

Obviously not everyone knew what you meant. I said you were unclear, and I meant it.

It doesn't take a medical dictionary and a B.A. in English to throw in "shock from the fall... broken neck..." to form a clear sentence.

You're still a douchebag for even acting like it matters.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Manifest wrote:

I gave you the benefit of the doubt, but I guess it's not just your communication skills that are sub-adult.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    jeepguy wrote:
    Manifest wrote:

I gave you the benefit of the doubt, but I guess it's not just your communication skills that are sub-adult.

It's true, I'm a big man-child because I think you're intentionally being a douchebag.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    SASA Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Manifest wrote:
    jeepguy wrote:
    Manifest wrote:
    jeepguy wrote:
    Manifest wrote:
    Manifest wrote:

I just said that.
    The physical shock.

-edit-

I meant nothing by what I said earlier. I just thought that they might have retconned it or something so that it wasn't the "CRACK" breaking of the neck but shock from fright. Sorry if you took it the wrong way or something...

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Manifest wrote:
    jeepguy wrote:
    Manifest wrote:

It's true, I'm a big man-child because I think you're intentionally being a douchebag.

Sequence of events:

Manifest: HURRFFF BLURRPH

Someone else: Hmm, I thought that this is what happened...

Manifest: I JUST SAID THAT.

Me: You meant it, but were unclear in stating it.

Manifest: YOU'RE A DOUCHEBAG FOR CARING!

Me: Uhm... childish much?

Manifest: LOL LIKE CHILDISH FOR SAYING YOU ARE A DOUCHE.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    jeepguy wrote:
    Manifest wrote:
    jeepguy wrote:
    Manifest wrote:

Sequence of events:

SERIOUS BUSINESS.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    hughtronhughtron __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2006
    Spiderman may have killed Gwen Stacey, but you guys are killing my heart with your fighting.

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    hughtron wrote:
    Spiderman may have killed Gwen Stacey, but you guys are killing my heart with your fighting.

While her death was technically caused by Spider-Man, I think we can all agree that it was really Norman who killed Gwen Stacy.

I mean, had Peter gotten arrested for it (which would actually be a cool story now that his identity is public) I think he'd have gotten off because he killed her while trying to save her from a fall that would have been the end of her anyway.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    hughtronhughtron __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2006
    Manifest wrote:
    hughtron wrote:

While her death was technically caused by Spider-Man, I think we can all agree that it was really Norman who killed Gwen Stacy.

I mean, had Peter gotten arrested for it (which would actually be a cool story now that his identity is public) I think he'd have gotten off because he killed her while trying to save her from a fall that would have been the end of her anyway.
    I love everything about this reply.

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
  • Options
    GigatonGigaton Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Manifest wrote:
    What happened in the issue where the original Green Goblin died?

It happened over two issues. First the Green Goblin (after learning Peter's secret identity) kidnapped Gwen Stacy and threw her off the Brooklyn Bridge. Second, enraged Peter fought and defeated the Green Goblin, but refused to kill him. The Green Goblin then used the remote control on his glider in an attempt to kill Peter. However, Peter's Spider-Sense saved him and he dodged at the last moment causing the glider to impale the Green Goblin.
    Bucketman wrote:
    Dear Manifest:

WTF you where on Amazing Race? Explain please!

Season 4. I ran it with my old man.

That's awsome.
    I have to admit that I rooted for Reichen and Chip from the very beggining. I was pretty disapointed when I read somewhere that they broke up afterwards.
    [/code]

Gigaton on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Gigaton wrote:
    Manifest wrote:
    What happened in the issue where the original Green Goblin died?

It happened over two issues. First the Green Goblin (after learning Peter's secret identity) kidnapped Gwen Stacy and threw her off the Brooklyn Bridge. Second, enraged Peter fought and defeated the Green Goblin, but refused to kill him. The Green Goblin then used the remote control on his glider in an attempt to kill Peter. However, Peter's Spider-Sense saved him and he dodged at the last moment causing the glider to impale the Green Goblin.
    Bucketman wrote:
    Dear Manifest:

WTF you where on Amazing Race? Explain please!

Season 4. I ran it with my old man.

That's awsome.
    I have to admit that I rooted for Reichen and Chip from the very beggining. I was pretty disapointed when I read somewhere that they broke up afterwards.
    [/code]

You should be even more disappointed to find out that they're both colossal assholes who only pretended to be in a relationship to get on the show. (Rumor among the cast was that they had broken up and gotten back together just to do the show.)

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Manifest wrote:

You should be even more disappointed to find out that they're both colossal assholes who only pretended to be in a relationship to get on the show. (Rumor among the cast was that they had broken up and gotten back together just to do the show.)

Damn you, reality TV producers. They've made it pretty much impossible to see how people really are.

Oh, and uh....

[spoiler:0270ac1043]Which one was the "catcher"[/spoiler:0270ac1043]

I'm half joking with the last question, but it's something me and some friends have been debating about with Apollo and Midnighter too.

...I'm so going to hell. :twisted:

Gigaton on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Gigaton wrote:
    Manifest wrote:

Damn you, reality TV producers. They've made it pretty much impossible to see how people really are.

Oh, and uh....

[spoiler:9d0d419e10]Which one was the "catcher"[/spoiler:9d0d419e10]

I'm half joking with the last question, but it's something me and some friends have been debating about with Apollo and Midnighter too.

...I'm so going to hell. :twisted:

I never asked for the intimate details of their lives. I despised Chip's rich kid entitlement complex enough to avoid him whenever possible.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Manifest wrote:

I never asked for the intimate details of their lives. I despised Chip's rich kid entitlement complex enough to avoid him whenever possible.

Meh, fair enough. :)

Gigaton on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Gigaton wrote:
    Manifest wrote:

P.S. You're pretty new aren't you?
    Welcome aboard. I'm happy to have more people joining us in GV.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    jeepguy wrote:
    Manifest wrote:
    jeepguy wrote:
    Manifest wrote:

Sequence of events:

Dude, give it up. You're not going to beat Manifest.

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Manifest is Civilisation.

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Manifest wrote:
    Gigaton wrote:
    Manifest wrote:

Liar. You hate us all.

[spoiler:8bf55aa574]<3 Mani rocks.[/spoiler:8bf55aa574]

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Sars_Boy wrote:

Dude, give it up. You're not going to beat Manifest.

What would a comic book forum be without fanboism? :wink:

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Manifest wrote:

Yeah, I've been lurking for at least a year and finally registered a couple of months ago. Due to the craziness that's been happening with the servers I could never log in and eventually forgot my screen name. After three emials to the paforum administrator I finally got my sn back. Then I realized that I forgot my password. I filled out the password request twice with no automated response until the servers here crashed again. After that I tried one last time and got an email with my new password code the next day.

Been posting ever since.

So...uh...yeah
    I guess you could say I'm "pretty new"
    I'm glad to be a part of these forums and I've loved the conversations on here along with the great community. Thanks for the welcome. :D

Gigaton on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Was the Valiant stuff good? The concepts of Rai are very interesting.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Gigaton wrote:
    Manifest wrote:

Yeah, I've been lurking for at least a year and finally registered a couple of months ago. Due to the craziness that's been happening with the servers I could never log in and eventually forgot my screen name. After three emials to the paforum administrator I finally got my sn back. Then I realized that I forgot my password. I filled out the password request twice with no automated response until the servers here crashed again. After that I tried one last time and got an email with my new password code the next day.

Been posting ever since.

So...uh...yeah
    I'm glad to be a part of these forums and I've loved the conversations on here along with the great community. Thanks for the welcome. :D

Well, at least you've got a great sig goin for ya ;)

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Gigaton wrote:
    Manifest wrote:

Been posting ever since.

So...uh...yeah

Well, at least you've got a great sig goin for ya ;)

I second that. It's my favorite civil war sig so far.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    So

How long til everybody forgets who Spidey is again?

I give it like a year

And then Scarlet Witch will go "No More Registration Act" and *poof* everybody's got a secret idenitity again

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Pantaley ShlopapaPantaley Shlopapa Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    The vital thing that you must remember here is that Civil War does not, in fact, suck.

Pantaley Shlopapa on
    flash1.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited July 2006
    So

I give it like a year

And then Scarlet Witch will go "No More Registration Act" and *poof* everybody's got a secret idenitity again

I wonder how long it's going to be before another person says the exact same fucking thing that you just did.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2006
    So

I give it like a year

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    The man does raise an interesting point.

Pantaley Shlopapa on
    flash1.png
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    I wonder how long it will take untill DC has another Crisis!

And then Superboy will punch a cosmic wall and go "No more 52! POOF"

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Well the shitty thing is, you know it's going to happen one day.

I mean, he's not dead...he's going to come back.

I hope I'm dead by then.

Pantaley Shlopapa on
    flash1.png
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    The point I'm trying to make is that, yeah, eventually it'll probably happen. This is the comic industry we're talking about, the only constant is change. Bitching about how they're going to change this and change that is kind of pointless when it's only been a month since it happened.

And it'll be more than a year, at any rate. Considering that Quesada is working on a project dealing with the reveal himself.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    -Edit

I'm terrified by the ramifications.

Pantaley Shlopapa on
    flash1.png
  • Options
    SASA Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    This finally give me a question to ask:

Why is Quesada still Editor-In-Chief? I realize it's almost the same question as why Liefield keeps getting work, I just want to know why we can't have a EIC that isn't a total douche.

Because comic sales are up ad he's doing a good job?

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    This finally give me a question to ask:

Why is Quesada still Editor-In-Chief? I realize it's almost the same question as why Liefield keeps getting work, I just want to know why we can't have a EIC that isn't a total douche.

Because comic sales are up ad he's doing a good job?

But can't he still do a good job without being an ass? I suppose I being overly biased, but he was such cocksucker to all the fans in the panel I saw him in last year.

Pantaley Shlopapa on
    flash1.png
  • Options
    Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Geebs wrote:
    The point I'm trying to make is that, yeah, eventually it'll probably happen. This is the comic industry we're talking about, the only constant is change. Bitching about how they're going to change this and change that is kind of pointless when it's only been a month since it happened.

And it'll be more than a year, at any rate. Considering that Quesada is working on a project dealing with the reveal himself.
    I'm not bitching

I frankly don't care

I just think it's funny, mostly

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Valiant Comics anyone?

DouglasDanger on
This discussion has been closed.