As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ask Whippy! (Or whoever really)

1565758596062»

• Options
    tehfalconertehfalconer moonrocks in my noseRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Slightly OT question, but in the new Doctor Who, why doesn't he go back in time and save a bunch of other Time Lords? I'm only a few episodes into the first season, but the question is always nagging me.

tehfalconer on
    ... you will be the falcon, and I shall remain... The Falconer!
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    that's...pretty off-topic, yes

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Slightly OT question, but in the new Doctor Who, why doesn't he go back in time and save a bunch of other Time Lords? I'm only a few episodes into the first season, but the question is always nagging me.

Because they were TIME WARS. Wars that were rooted in time-travel to wage war. There was so much time-hopping going on already that there's no way the Doctor could have saved anyone without it having massive unforeseen consequences.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I'd have thought Doctor Who subscribed to the idea that you can't change an event.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    Bob The MonkeyBob The Monkey Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    The Thor shown in the teaser at NYCC is receiving... mixed reaction. He's had a fair costume redesign and it's a little controversial.

Anyone seen that teaser yet?

Bob The Monkey on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    2eanq50.jpg

Looks okay?

august on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    eh

it's a little bland. too much gray. and it may be retarded, but i really like his tiger stripe boots

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

He mentioned that in the recent Christmas special. You can't travel along an individual's timeline and mess with shit they already did, you can only mess with shit that's nothing to do with you, or something.

Also, they're time wars. I always figured the Time Lords hadn't just been killed, but retroactively erased from history?

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2007
    He looks incredibly bored

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Thor's new costume doesn't look that bad, though I think they should give the winged helmet a rest. Just dress him up like that viking king guy in "the 13th warrior" and he would do fine. Thor hath no need for wussy tights!

Also Rachel Summers is just as hot, if not more so, than Jean Grey so let her R.I.P. and keep Rachel around.

Though I'm never against the increase of sexy redheads.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    i think with a different artist that suit would look 10 times better

Zavian on
  • Options
    BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Thor should be wearing armor (as with the new look), not tights (see: old look).

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.