Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[IC] Vampire: The Masquerade | Southern Hospitality

17891012

Posts

  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    "The Fiend plays with words as well as I do, I'll give him that."

    Stojka watched the two Sabbat ascend to the second floor. The Tzimisce's partner worried him, slightly. But there was a reason he had stuck so close to Mirshaan.

    "I'm afraid I know nothing of what the Fiend proposed, my Prince. I was conversing with the Warlocks while my associates dealt with our guest."

    "However, if you would have me, I would offer my esteemed services as your own witness. While I am sure there are better candidates for your security, I have a personal interest in seeing these matters handled and any information would help my investigations immensely."

    Shamus on
  • Firematic.Firematic. Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Mirshaan quickly added his voice to Stojka's

    "I too have a bit of interest in those two, and 2 heads are better than one, so why not make it three?"

    Firematic. on
  • RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    "How about we all go, because private conversations are known for the size of the people involved!"

    Caleb rubbed his brow. Some kindred were so dull in the head. Stojka reminded him of a child; Thinking they were so smart and underestimated, but not truly understanding.

    Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

    3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Natasha regarded Trace with a neutral expression. She was no more fond of their kind than most, but she at least acknowledged their usefulness. At least he was more sociable than their foremost representative.

    "You would do well to keep both in check. This is an informal gathering, so formalities are somewhat relaxed for the evening. Regardless, I expect the Kindred of this city to respect the status of others, should they desire the same courtesy." In response to the name, she showed no recognition. "I have not heard of this 'shadow witch', as you put it, but the news of Lasombra presence is not surprising, if no less foreboding for it."

    The other offers of assistance were a little more than she had expected, registering some amusement.

    "I will appreciate the company of those familiar with this fiend's antics, for certain... however, I'd rather not intimidate him by arriving with a veritable group. I do not fear his kind, and I will not give him that impression.

    Stojka, you and one other, if you would. One who can maintain a low profile would be advantageous.
    The rest, you may continue with your evening as you please. I do ask that you remain vigilant, all the same.

    I have a lesser situation to attend to, and then I will see to this creature personally. Whether it be the matter of his offering, or his destruction.
    Fifteen minutes should be adequate. I understand they are a patient sort."

    With that, she returned to the gallery, intent on extracting one thorough explanation from a certain fashionista.

    cj iwakura on
    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Trace turned to Stojka.

    "Despite my earlier antics, I believe I may be of some assistance, if, as the Prince said, you're in need of someone who can maintain a low profile." In way of demonstration, Trace slipped into the shadows of a nearby corner and disappeared.

    He re-emerged near Stojka with a grin.

    "Of course, if you've someone else in mind, I'll certainly understand. My little gaffe certainly did little to recommend me. Rest assured I will keep my tongue in check this time, should you consider me."

    MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    "As you wish, my Prince."

    A low profile? Unfortunately, that put Mirshaan out of the running from the get-go. But then Trace had decided to dance like a monkey and present himself. I like this childe.

    "You are speaking to a surviving son of Ravnos, Trace. I know the value of a tongue well. Let's see how you do in close proximity with those two monsters."

    Shamus on
  • MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Trace grinned and nodded.

    "I'd be honored, Stojka. I'll remain concealed unless things become...complicated."

    "I'm ready whenever you are."

    MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    "Finally, someone else aside from Mirshaan who is useful. Patience for now, we've got time."

    Stojka let the words hang in there, not hiding the fact the comment was directed at Caleb.

    "Not to insult you, my friend." He turned to the giant, offering a smile."But the lady asked for someone who can keep a low profile, and that is not a description I would use for you. I trust you'll do fine without me, and keep Caleb in check."

    Shamus on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    "Do bear in mind," Elise commented from her vantage point near the entrance, as if it was the most favorable place to be. "You are taking on a dangerous role, from which there may be no safe return. Should things go badly, I doubt she is the type to put your safety above hers... though I suppose that could be said of us all."


    "They sure picked a bad night for an attack, if that's what they've got in mind." Debra came from the opposite side of the room, leaving the sparse gathering behind. She wasn't just out of her league with her kind, she was out of her century. "The Prince is pissed right now. Either Sarah high-tailed it out of here, or she's got one good hiding spot." With a passive shrug, she flipped open her notebook, pen in hand while making the occasional notation. "I can't stand the brat, anyway. Primogen by default are the worst kind, right?" As if he were the one most likely to agree, she gave Caleb an expectant look.

    cj iwakura on
    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Trace glanced at Stojka with a raised eyebrow.

    "I'm up for it if you are. It's just too bad we're in Elysium. I've got a little friend out in the car who might be of assistance."

    MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    "Is that a word of concern for my well being, love?" Stojka eyed Elise with lascivious grin. "Perhaps an invitation to warm your cold heart?"

    "I wouldn't dream of backing down now, Trace. When an opportunity such as the one we find ourselves in presents itself, the only thing you can do, if you have the kind of caliber we both possess, is to see where it takes you."

    Shamus on
  • MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    "Very well then," Trace said with a wink. "I'll follow your lead."

    With that he stepped in to the shadows and vanished from sight.

    MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Caleb rolled his eyes at Stojka's comment. "Feel free to not include me in any of your scheme's, then." He said quietly, though loud enough for stojka to hear if he was still paying attention. He then turned to Elise, who seemed to be directing her comments at him.

    "In this country, anyways. Americans seem to have some sense of entitlement, a trait unbecoming of our kind. It seems this is even worse for those who feel they have power but really don't. But they can enjoy their small struggles while making no real change, they are of little importance to the bigger picture."

    Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

    3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    "Don't delude yourself, illusionist. We are in need of every capable person these nights allow us. Allowing your gathering to perish so soon would be wasteful. Do keep that in mind before getting in over your heads." Against her better judgment, the inclination to remain just to see the resolution of events was a strong one. At least the more useful blood had wisely opted to not get involved, from the looks of things.

    The second half of the last post had been Debra.


    "Well, I wouldn't go that far..." Debra responded to Caleb with an indicative tapping of the pen against a random name. "Everyone's got their purpose, even the sewer rats." Especially, even. With a neutral glance in Trace's direction, she was quick to add. "No offense." Looking back to Caleb, she continued. "It all makes a difference, it just takes some people longer than others."


    _____________


    Natasha was almost tempted to call a Hunt down on the child just to see how she'd react, but cooler thinking prevailed. Sarah just didn't know any better, even if it was little excuse for suicidal stupidity.

    Judging by the suited individual who accompanied her back to the main room, she was taking a more diplomatic approach to the problem. "I want her brought back alive. Incapacitated if you must, but alive."

    The frustration was gone from her voice as she approached the group, leaving the Ventrue to his duties "I trust you've come to an arrangement?"


    "If you say so." Stephen's response was neutral, as he relayed the orders to the person on the other side of the line. "Yes, the model. Yes, I know they just found her; find her again." Playing fetch for the Tories hadn't been his ideal way of passing the night. Wrong place at the wrong time, he supposed. He made it a point of wandering out of earshot to place his second call.

    cj iwakura on
    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Stojka had a remark at his lips in response to Elise, but against his better judgement, held his tongue. Caleb too was quickly ignored, though he did allow himself to smile from the Ventrue's rebuke.

    "We have, my lady. Trace shall accompany me to this meeting as my shadow."

    Shamus on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Thomas raised his eyebrow at this Adrian's nerve, or foolishness, in trying to tweak Elise with such humour. "Not exactly my idea of a well-spent night, but have fun with the Sabbat all the same. If you'll excuse me?"

    Wildcat on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    "Very well. If you'll accompany me, I believe we've kept our 'guests' waiting long enough." The elevator awaiting nearby would do. Natasha's steps carried her there at a leisurely pace, awaiting its descent as well as her supposed escorts.


    In regards to Thomas' show of wisdom, Elise gave a glance that might have been an approving one had it conveyed any emotion. "It is best to not involve yourself in their affairs, particularly those pertaining to the Sabbat. There are greater matters to attend to, ones that will not risk the premature ending of our existence."


    From his other side, Debra offered her clanmate a subdued comment. "This means she's got designs on you, and not the good kind. Hope you're caught up on the Thaum, neo'." Ignoring the resultant look from the Regent which could have melted iron, she paced away from the group towards the entrance with a carefree movement, waiting with a tapping of her pen against the retaken notebook. The Harpy chose a new page, just in case.

    Hopefully the expected company wouldn't be long in the arriving. The festivities elsewhere had gotten somewhat icy in the past few moments.

    cj iwakura on
    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The park wasn't very crowded tonight. Never was, really...but still, it was a nice, peaceful place to reflect. Christine idly lay on the old wooden bench and stared up into the beautiful night sky, mumbling quietly to herself. Lyrics, or something...need to keep on top of work, after all. Fiddling with the shiny golden bracelets adorning her arms and humming to herself, the footsteps approaching went unnoticed.

    "Up we go, little artist...the royal lady speaks..."

    She sighed quietly, sitting up at last and staring at the approaching figure, clothed in darker colours. Still uncomfortable with her presence, but starting to adjust at last. Took long enough.

    "Do we have to? I mean, I do have work to do...and, you know, it might be nice to spend a night-"

    "To reject the lady's call? You speak stranger things than I."

    Christine grumbled at the figure's words, more than a little annoyed. It's not like what she did was insignificant, after all...she had fans that expected at least a bit of her. Sounded like another night would have to pass with her manager arranging everything. If he was even still up. Looking around the empty square, she scratched at the back of her head.

    "Missing someone, aren't we...? Oh well, they'll show up eventually."

    Shutting her eyes tight, she focused for a moment...it was time to wake up.

    ---

    Still exhausted, Christine handed over a few bills to the driver and stepped out of the taxi, quickly pulling her long red coat tightly around. Sure, the rain wouldn't kill her or anything, but why get wet when you didn't need to? She could present a much more respectable face without being drenched, after all.

    Strolling towards the door, she wasn't that surprised that her invitation was requested. Not every request went answered, after all...and she did have other things to do some nights. Oh well, better to get used to it. Even the odd looks didn't really disturb her that much anymore. Yeah, some people said that she 'had it bad', but really, that was just their perspective.

    Everything made perfect sense from her point of view.

    Now, where to start...

    Hylianbunny on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Thomas watched Debra saunter away with narrowed eyes. The Regent had been gracious enough to notice him in the past, true, but he was still barely a neonate. Quickly, he returned his attention to Elise.

    Wildcat on
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    "I will soon show you a 'well spent evening'. Until then, Eglantine."

    Stojka followed the Prince into the elevator, assuming Trace did so as well. It was unsettling to not be able to see him, but know he was there. He made a mental note to remain on his good side, and also to speak with Alec, if otherwise.

    "I have my shadow, let's return to Neverland."

    Shamus on
  • MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Trace slipped into the elevator just behind Stojka and waited patiently for the doors to close. This evening might just turn out to be interesting, after all.

    MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Outside, the man at the door showed no signs of recognizing the late arrival. Christine merely got a cursory glance from him, after which he waved her on through. "Far as I know, you haven't missed any festivities. They're just getting started."


    "No way." The waiting Harpy didn't have a perfectly clear view of the girl beyond the door, but she saw enough. Debra had heard the rumors, of course, but who knew that she would meet an actual celebrity this soon? There was Sarah, sure, but that tramp didn't count for much of anything in her book.

    This one was special. She even owned a copy of her album. Or maybe she just had someone burn it for her, close enough. Whatever the reasons, she was ready and waiting to be the first to get herself an autograph, even if it was more business than anything. Thomas and the Regent were already gone from her thoughts.


    The feeling appeared mutual on Elise's part, whose focus had since returned to Thomas. "If rumors speak true, you are experienced in Chantry operations. Tell me more of this in detail, if you would."


    Their destination was the second floor, and Natasha wasted no time in getting their ascent under way. "I suppose this goes without saying, but be braced for the worst."


    Elsewhere, Andrei's patience was unwavering. The same could not be said of his companion, but the Brujah would live. Or not. It made little difference, yet there was still benefit to having 'muscle' around as the upstarts described it. This would most likely be one of those occasions. He would be disappointed if this proved false.

    When the door opened in front of him, he had his most courteous smile on display for the good Princess and her Knight.
    Auspex 3 to pierce Trace's Obfuscate.

    Perception + Subterfuge against Trace's Manipulation + Subterfuge, difficulty 7.

    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1799745/

    4d10 → [10,9,8,2] = 3 successes.

    cj iwakura on
    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Trace's Manipulation + Subterfuge, difficulty 7

    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1800122/

    7d10 → [2,9,5,7,10,9,1] = 3 successes (assuming rule of 1)

    MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    "A pleasure, as always." Both hands remained set upon the top of his cane while Andrei inclined his head in greeting. "Perhaps now we can conduct business in a less hostile atmosphere, no? I suspect you are not interested in delays, so I will make this brief. I have the location of your resident firestarter, and your dear Ventrue representative's whereabouts to offer.

    You, my dear, will now tell me what I can expect in return for this most valuable information. Do not presume to reward me with a safe departure for myself and my associate, as I assure you, that will happen, regardless."


    The temptation to forcefully remove that smirk from the Fiend's face would have to wait. Whether Natasha liked it or not, this was relevant to her interests, and the situation called for a more diplomatic approach.

    "I expect that first you should offer some insurance as to why your information is even worth considering."


    ___________________


    The Seneschal moved right past Robert as he made for the door, and past the girls on either side as well, almost having knocked the latter to the ground in his haste. The hour was later than he had anticipated. Perhaps it wasn't too late to salvage the evening.

    Daniel immediately sought out the most recognizable face, which happened to belong to the Regent, though he posed the question both to her and her unfamiliar companion. "Where is she?"


    Stephen finished the second call at around the time of the Gangrel's arrival. Him and his newfound associate decided to take the less visible stairs to their destination. The schedule for the evening's agenda had just been adjusted.

    cj iwakura on
    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    "I am also curious, aside from the question of insurance. Why offer such a trade at all, when judging by your confidence, shilumulo, you could easily handle your errant firestarter yourself."

    "Or perhaps your lesser." Stojka tipped his head towards the Brujah antitribu. "For what other reason would you offer them, if it was not for us to to remove them. Apparently, for you."

    Shamus on
  • MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Trace crept silently across the room and positioned himself behind Andrei, poised to strike at the first sign of conflict.

    MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    "For one, if I may be direct, I don't believe you have any other options to follow, my dear. Your ability to trace the assailants of your city appears similar to your capacity to lead. Valiant, but flawed."

    Directing his attention to Adrian, he continued.

    "The Keeper is no longer our concern. She may continue with her endeavors as she pleases, for all it matters to us, as we will no longer be taking residence in your quaint region. It can burn for all I care.
    However, I felt it would be mutually beneficial to offer your sect a means of eliminating this peril, as I expect you would find this valuable information most rewardable."


    For once, the 'Antitribu' in question had little to say. His attention appeared distracted. It wouldn't be long now.


    After a moment's passing, Natasha still seemed at a loss for a decision. Destroying the pair outright would lead them nowhere, yet playing his games was just as likely to have the same result.



    "Doesn't look like this is going anywhere. Can I offer a solution?"

    Alexia had been watching from the opposing stairs for a number of moments before deciding to intervene. The shotgun wasn't the best tool for the task at hand, but it would do the trick if things went as planned, especially if the numbers fell in her favor.

    "Axe that kine-loving twit." She directed both barrels of the firearm at Natasha, indicatively, while tilting her head over to the opposite pair. "And we'll make the shovel twins tell us everything they know for free. Quick and easy, right?"


    Stephen came from the other side, focusing the aim of the submachine gun at the man with the cane. He suspected that was the far more dangerous of the two. "If you want to pick a side, now's the time." The Ventrue was watching Andrei, but the comment was given over to the Gypsy.


    The Fiend's fingers danced along the surface of his cane, and he seemed more pleased than ever.

    cj iwakura on
    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Trace glanced around the room, a calculating look in his eyes. Had he really just gotten himself into the middle of a coup? All of his muscles remained tensed as he waited for Stojka to answer.

    MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    "Bold, Alexia.." Stojka did nothing to hide the admiration in his voice. "As far as a side, I, of course, stand-"

    His answer was interrupted by a howl, unmistakably a wolf's, echoing against the walls of the gallery.

    Stojka's eyes grew wide, his tongue seemingly growing fat in his mouth, at a loss for an immediate response.

    "Tell me.." He hissed between clenched teeth. "That's not what I think it is.."

    "Tell me, that's not a fucking Lupine!"
    Chimerstry - Ignis Fatuus: Spending one point of Willpower to mimic the howl of a Lupine.

    Shamus on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The immediate reactions to the intervening howl were, in a word, mixed.

    The Sabbat pair seemed unfazed, for the most part. Another visitor to the party would just make the resolution all the more interesting.


    The Ventrue had suddenly been given cause to rethink her actions, even though it was far too late for that. She'd heard the rumors that Natasha had... ties to the wilderness, no doubt due to that bestial Seneschal of hers, but this was ridiculous. "You didn't tell me they were in the city!" In her moment of distraction, Alexia turned her rage to the offguarded Stephen, as if the situation were somehow his fault.


    "Because I didn't know. Do you think I can somehow predict everything?" The lesser of the two took the brunt of her aggression rather well, as he'd endured far worse. "Look, focus on the task at hand, then we'll deal with-"


    "The backup? Then you should finish your game quickly." As if tracking the passage of time, Natasha glanced to the thin watch on her wrist, then raised it indicatively for her would-be usurpers to view. "I wager you've got a minute or two, tops, before one very hungry beast comes to feed." In actuality, she was just as surprised by the turn of events as they were; she just hid it better.


    "Then let's get this over with." There would be no turning back. Alexia leveled both barrels at the Prince, and fired.
    Perception + Firearms, Difficulty 6
    5d10 → (4), (8), (5), (6), (10)
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1803682/
    3 successes.


    Natasha made her best attempt to evade the blast with a dive to the opposite side, but at such close range, even her quick reaction time offered little guarantee.
    Dexterity + Dodge, Difficulty 8
    6d10 → [2,5,6,1,7,10]
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1803690/
    0 successes, blast connects.


    Damage roll, Difficulty 6
    10d10 → [5,8,8,9,2,1,8,10,4,7]
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1803692/

    Five damage sustained.


    Soak roll, Stamina + Fortitude, difficulty 6
    6d10 → [4,5,3,6,6,6]
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1803694/

    Three damage negated, leaving two.
    As the blast inflicted bashing damage, Natasha has sustained one point of damage, and is merely Bruised(in addition to being prone from the failed dodge).

    Everyone can now make their initiative rolls if they plan on taking action(standard difficulty, 6).
    Everyone downstairs is made aware of the very loud gunshot from the second floor.

    Initiatives-

    For Alexia:
    5d10 → [2,7,4,4,3], 1 success.
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1803700/

    Natasha:
    9d10 → [9,9,7,2,7,2,7,3,1], 5 successes.
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1803701/

    Stephen:
    6d10 → [5,4,1,9,2,8], 2 successes.
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1803702/


    Derek seemed about to intervene, only to be held back by a raise of Andrei's hand, accompanied with a foreign utterance.

    cj iwakura on
    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Intiative Roll for Stojka:
    6d10→[6,8,8,4,5,2], 3 successes
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1804110/

    Shamus on
  • MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

    Initiative Roll for Trace:

    5 8 2 1 6 9 4 8 (3 successes)

    Timestamp: 2008-11-09 21:00:13 UTC

    (Invisible Castle was down)

    MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    "Buzz, buzz..oh, look at the little dances."

    "Can we go yet?"

    "Luna's rule has barely begun. We need strawberries to interrogate..."


    ---

    Hands in her pockets, Christine surveyed the room quickly. Heading out in the middle of the night to a fancy party...sure, that wouldn't be looked at as strange at all. Never mind the sunglasses at night. Media already thought she was eccentric enough, so a touch more wouldn't hurt.

    The usual couple of glances caught her eyes, but nothing too out of the ordinary...except for one healthy looking girl with a little notebook staring in her direction. A fan, maybe? Christine looked at her for only a moment before shrugging. If she wanted something, she would inevitably approach...and besides, there was art to stare blankly at until it was time to leave.

    A loud blast ringing through the air caught her attention rather quickly, though. What could be going on up there...?

    ---

    "Now is it time to go?"


    "Hush, artist. Curiousity doesn't bite?"

    "Well, you know what they say about cats..."

    ---

    Hylianbunny on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    "Hey, watch it!" Debra just barely managed to avoid the oblivious beast that stormed in, fixing him an annoyed look that she knew would do no good. Creep. Still, it was obvious who Daniel meant; that guy only cared about one lady. "She's upstairs being diplomatic, why don't you chill out for one-"

    The blast from the gun caused her to recoil instinctively, though it was far enough away to mean it posed no real threat, the fact remained clear; someone was on the receiving end of some pain upstairs. "...second. What's going on up there?"


    Elise reacted with a passive glance to the ceiling, then turned to Thomas as if nothing at all had happened. Nothing worth her time, anyway. "I believe it's time for us to go. Unless you care to investigate." Her tone suggested it mattered not, one way or the other.


    The Seneschal, meanwhile, was already on his way to the stairs.
    Initiative, Dexterity + Wits
    9d10 → [10,6,10,5,3,1,7,9,6], 5 successes
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1806172/


    Natasha and Daniel act simultaneously, as do Adrian and Trace, followed by Alexia and Stephen(correction; he had one success).


    Daniel would not arrive until long after the shooter had acted, but he soon began moving at an unnatural rate, hoping to ensure there would not be time for a second shot.
    Spending a blood to invoke Celerity 2.

    At present, he is roughly at the bottom of the stairs.


    ________________


    The wounded Prince was on her feet after a moment's passing, paying no mind to the mild damage inflicted by the firearm. Natasha was about to repay her would-be slayer tenfold, offering Alexia a fanged expression that offered no display of courtesy.
    Spending a blood to invoke Celerity 4. Getting up was her first action.


    It is now Adrian and Trace's action.

    cj iwakura on
    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Trace moves behind Alexia and pounces from the shadows.
    Tackle
    3d10 → [9,6,5] 2 successes
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1806425/

    Damage
    3d10 → [5,10,2] 1 success
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1806430/

    Dex + Athletics (difficulty 7) to avoid knockdown
    7d10 → [4,7,6,5,4,7,1] 1 success
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1806431/

    MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Trace had the right idea, in more ways then one, as he leaped from the shadows at Alexia. Stojka turned his own attention to the Kindred's companion, Stephen.
    Sweep
    4d10 → [6,7,1,1] 0 Successes
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1806517/

    Shamus on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    "I think it might be wise to be seen to assist, particularly given the identity of our hosts. If you will excuse me?"

    Wildcat on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Thomas bows to his Regent and quickly makes for the stairs.

    Wildcat on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    If there was any disappointment on the part of Elise, it was not conveyed. The Regent simply observed.

    Maybe this one would actually return.


    As for the rest of the gathering, they had taken the incident rather calmly. One or two persons were quick to make for the door, while the others simply went about their business, likely having written off the gunfire as just another settling of differences.



    ___________

    Dexterity + Athletics roll for Alexia, to avoid knockdown

    3d10 → [10,7,3], one success, knockdown prevented, +1 added difficulty to her action.
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1808100/

    The tackle from behind had caught Alexia off guard, but only briefly. While it was not her preferred course of action, the closer threat was obviously the greater one, so the decision to turn and give her attacker a double barreled response was one easily made.
    Soak roll, Stamina + Fortitude, difficulty 6
    5d10 → [4,6,4,5,8]
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1808161/

    Damage negated.


    The abrupt sight of the grotesque creature was an unnerving one, but not enough to prevent her from firing another round directly into its chest.

    Perception + Firearms, Difficulty 7
    5d10 → [9,6,5,1,9], one success.
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1808106/

    Damage roll:
    8d10 → [1,1,5,4,8,7,3,1], no successes.
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1808206/



    The lesser Ventrue had not expected the Ravnos to turn against them; certainly not after the night before. So much for alliances.

    Stephen evaded the sweep with a quick side-step, then reluctantly leveled the barrel at Adrian, and fired.
    Three Round Burst, Perception + Firearms, Difficulty 7
    3d10 → [1,3,9]
    3d10 → [1,3,7]
    3d10 → [4,2,2]
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1808110/

    No successes.
    Celerity actions for Natasha and Daniel follow.


    The whelp was distracted, which made her approach all the easier. Natasha could have brought the childe to her knees with a whim, or simply incapacitated her, but she had already decided to make her reeducation more thorough.

    When she got back to her feet, the switchblade had already been clicked to an opened position. Directing a rapid series of stabs at Alexia's shoulder was almost too easily undertaken.
    Stabbing Alexia, four times, with Celerity 4.

    Dexterity + Melee, Difficulty 6

    6d10 → [1,4,10,2,6,6] , 2 successes
    6d10 → [1,2,3,7,4,3] , no success
    6d10 → [2,6,4,3,2,4], one success
    6d10 → [3,9,3,7,10,3], 3 successes
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1808113/

    Three stabs connect.



    Damage roll:

    3d10 → [4,9,8], 2 successes
    3d10 → [1,1,5], no successes
    3d10 → [5,2,1], no successes

    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1808204/


    Alexia's damage soak:
    Stamina + Fortitude
    5d10 → [10,6,2,3,5] Two successes, two damage negated.
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1808163/

    Alexia has taken no damage.


    Daniel arrived at the top of the stairs, and came to the decision that of the two most obvious threats, the blonde was being dealt with.

    There wasn't a clear shot at her lapdog, either. At least not one worth taking, and he didn't seem very capable with his firearm, so he decided the one with the shotgun would take priority. A slight cracking of knuckles, and he headed in the direction of the bloodied Ventrue. Maybe there was still time to lend a fist or two.

    Second round of actions, Natasha and Daniel act first.

    The brat was resilient. Maybe a redirected stab would be more effective. Drawing her hand back, she thrust the blade into the small of Alexia's back.
    Dexterity + Melee, Difficulty 6
    6d10 → [7,7,9,3,3,7]
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1808180/

    4 successes.

    Damage roll:
    3d10 → [5,5,5]
    No damage inflicted.
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1808215/


    Natasha spends another blood for Celerity 4.


    Seeing that neither was having any luck harming the woman, Daniel walked up and punched her in the side of the head.
    Strike, Dexterity + Brawl
    8d10 → [5,2,9,4,2,4,5,1], no successes.
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1808212/


    Daniel is spending a blood for Celerity 2.

    It is now Trace, Adrian, and Thomas' actions.

    cj iwakura on
    9LlOwgn.png
    Well, good morning. Welcome to the new scenario. What should we do today?
  • MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Trace silently thanked the gods of Fortune that his assault had been enough to send Alexia's shot astray, missing him by inches. He glared at her through narrowed eyes as he whispered, "Well that wasn't very friendly, was it?"

    Trace let his vitae bathe his muscles, strengthening himself for the attack to come. Taking advantage of Alexia's off-kilter state and her distraction with her other two attackers, he bared his grotesque fangs, letting his Mask fall away, and moved in for the kill.
    Trace spends one blood point to increase Strength to 3.

    Bite attack
    5d10 → [2,8,1,7,8] 2 successes
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1808270/

    Damage
    5d10 → [3,2,9,5,7] 2 successes
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1808274/

    MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
Sign In or Register to comment.