As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[IC] Vampire: The Masquerade | Southern Hospitality

• Firematic.Firematic. Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    "A suitable offer as there ever was, I'm sure, but not quite my game. What other distractions might you have on hand for a discerning customer such as myself?
    rolling credibility, perception 4 + subterfuge 1

Random Integer Generator

Here are your random numbers:

3 8 8 7 5

did 5 random numbers between 1 and 10.
    My book says difficulty 7, 3 successes.

edited for numbers

Firematic. on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Relent; no scam is being attempted.

"Hehehehe. You're a picky one, aren't you? I can get rarer goods, but I don't keep that kind of stuff on me, y'know? The eyes, man, they're everywhere."
    Dementation - Passion
    Charisma + Empathy, Difficulty 6
    Random Integer Generator
    3, 10, 8, 5, 3

Two successes, effect lasts for one hour.

"So tell me, what's a customer like you got to offer for a service like that?"

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Caleb sat down, now abandoned by the others, feeling defeated. He had come to this club to systematically destroy it, and he had failed. The others seemed to be occupied with more important matters, but he simply couldn't stand for such disrespect, from the whip or anyone else for that matter.

He stood up. He hadn't had a smoke for a while. Caleb headed out the door, taking out a cigarette, and lighting it. He noticed Mirshaan close by, talking to someone, but didn't see the need to get involved.

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    "I'll wait with bated breath."

Left alone in the office, Stojka was reminded of other Ravnos who would take this opportunity to clean house. He remembered an Irish Ravnos, who claimed the Clan's origins could be found in the Sidhe of his homeland, one of his many quirks, who was infamous for his inability to resist temptation. But that fool got his own in the end.

"But haven't we all.." Stojka muttered to himself, filling the void of silence left in the office.

There was a chance a few had remained behind. He'd need to speak to Mirshaan especially, as he didn't want to deal with the Bard without the giant. Caleb would need talking too as well, though he was tempted to ask Tristan to deal with the upstart. She seemed to have a better grip on her fellow Ventrue, while Stojka was all too happy to leave him behind.

Stojka exited the office with the intent of tracking the rest of them down. Making his way through the club, the empty street was a breath of fresh air. Mirshaan, as always, wasn't hard to miss. He was surprised, to find Caleb still here.

"Giving up the Anarch cause so soon?" Stojka's rebuke was said without a smile as he joined the Ventrue. "You pulled some stupid bullshit in there."

Shamus on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Tristan was, in the meantime, going back to one of the hotel rooms that she was renting for the time being.

She changed from the leather evening gown and into more casual clothing. Casual for the Docks in town.

She made her way through the warren of streets and alleys down there in search of a small meal.
    Will roll the die when the sites are working for me....

lonelyahava on
    edited August 2008
    Mirshaan felt his desire for mayhem and mischief rise in response to the man's words.
    A challenge eh? Maybe.

"Well, I have what you see here. My hands, my eyes, my ears, and my brain, which is more than can be said for many. But minds aren't what they seem am I right my friend? Wheels within wheels. The question is, what whould someone in a position such as you need from someone of my calibers?"

Firematic. on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    "Heh, I don't need a whole lot... but there's a lot of things I don't mind wanting... but time's not on your side, man. I've got a date to keep, and my boss can be a scary little harlot when people keep her waiting, ya know?

I guess she's like that most of the time, it's funny like that. Blondes, right? Wheels within wheels and they run you down and bam, you're blood on the pavement! Well, time's a wastin', catch you on the flip side."

As if the offer from moments ago was completely forgotten, the man downed the pills with a simple toss of the hand, and headed for the door.

Despite the night drawing nearer to a close, the interior festivities seemed to be nowhere near conclusion. Maybe the DJ still had some time to shine.

Assuming he could get whatever hack they'd gotten in his absence out of the way, first.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited August 2008
    Caleb took a long drag, not bothering to look at stojka as he approached.

"People need to learn their boundaries. I don't know about you, but I'm not interested in letting everyone of a higher status walk all over me, until I'm just another pawn, and eventually a scapegoat. Speaking of stupid bullshit, what exactly do you think you're doing, dealing with that slut? Let me give you some advice, whatever she offered you, don't take it. You'll end up sorry."

Caleb took out another cigarette, lighting it with the remains of the previous one. He didn't really care what stojka's no doubt witty response would be, the man didn't understand the meaning of the word respect.

Raslin on

edited August 2008
    Stojka walked slowly around while Caleb talked, maneuvering to keep a steady eye on Mirshaan and the stranger he was talking too.

"You are a pawn, Caleb, and will always be until you open your eyes to the true game at hand. But I suspect it is beyond your current comprehension."

"That 'slut' as you so eloquently put it, has already proved more useful then you have. Allow me to give you some advice; sing a new song."

His rebuttal was flippant, and without question, nonsense. But Stojka was quickly growing annoyed with the Ventrue. Choosing the turn the other cheek, rather then beat the upstart senseless like he wanted too, he turned his attention to Mirshaan.

"How's it, Mirshaan?" He raised his voice slightly, taking a few steps forward. "The Bard will sing your song soon enough."

Shamus on
    edited August 2008
    "I never could much carry a tune, bucket always had a hole in it, but wherefore art our fair poet, as surely this gathering of swine and mad dogs has begun to grate on my delicate sensibilities. Could one dare to dream it would need use of some spacial adjusting? Perhaps some personnel relocation?"

Firematic. on
    edited August 2008
    Caleb sighed. "You guys need a ride somewhere?" He said, tossing his cigarette to the ground. He wasn't exactly going to admit that he wanted to know what the hell they were up to.

But he wasn't going to miss it, either.

Raslin on

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I know you said I didn't have to RP out the Hunt, but.. I couldn't stop my fingers from typing. So sorry!

Tristan moved through the Docks, the loose black jeans and the baggy shirt helping her blend in amongst the riff raff gathered down there.

A pretty girl, a pretty face, and when the correct male spotted her, the flash of a smile, a hint of a blush, a coy turning of the eyes, and a disappearing into a back alley.

Now, the man she chose was not high or stoned or drunk. He was simply down on his luck and had been lonesome for a long time. And here was a young girl, who looked like his type, nobody to get himself in trouble with. He tossed his lit cigarette down and stood from where he was, brushing his hands against his pants and then rubbing them together, followed the waifish figure down the alley.

Tristan stood, waiting for him to appear, leaning against the brick building, letting the small sliver of light from one of the apartments above brush against her face and those glittering grey eyes as she looked up at him coyly. She gestured to the pack of cigarettes in his pocket. He pulled one out, offered it to her, and she lit it, leaning back against the building, letting the baggy shirt move with her, and mold against her body in such a way that it showed just what the figure was underneath.

The man gawked a bit, she'd gestured for a smoke and he'd given her one. He only had two left and he just automatically gave one to this slip of a girl who hadn't said a word, but has managed to get his blood moving through his veins in a way that he hadn't felt in months. He licked his lips as he watched this girl pull the cigarette to her mouth, wrap her lips around the filter and draw the nicotine into her lungs, holding it there while she ran her tongue over her lips and then exhaling the smoke into the warm summer night air.

The light of the apartment above caught her movement, cast shadows over her body just the right way to show off that this was not a young girl, a teenaged runaway. This was a woman and she was here. Now. Tristan had chosen this spot, she knew this spot and the men that hung around here. Tristan knew exactly what she was doing.

The man let out a groan from the back of his throat as the lighting proved to him that this was a woman. He took a step closer, and then another step, and then another. And when the waif did not resist his presence, he stepped up into her, pressing her up against the wall with his body in such a way that it actually lifted the girl off the ground. He waited until she inhaled the last of the nicotine and then pressed his lips to hers, drawing her not only into an intense kiss, but sucking the smoke from her mouth and into his own.

Tristan waited for a moment, letting the man paw at her body and skin, and the kiss was not completely horrid. She honestly had never been kissed like that before, and it would have lit a fire within her blood, had her blood actually been flowing. Wait for it, wait for it. Now!

The man had moved his lips down her throat, his hands up her shirt, musing over the chilll of her soft, smooth skin and relishing the sensation of this silent woman pressed against his body. And the sensation of her lips against his neck and throat. It had been so long... so very long since a woman had touched him...

A flash of white behind his eyes, a sensation of pain, and then the rush of instant joy such as he'd never felt before from any woman. His entire body arched and stiffened even more than he already had been. His eyes closed and rolled back into his head, the sensation of the woman between him and the wall all but blended into the euphoric sensation of her lips against his throat and neck. A groan from his mouth echoed into the night, and bounced from the alleyway out to the other men on the docks. But they had seen the girl, and they heard only the pure ecstacy of their buddy. Laughter and good-natured jokes rose from their mouths as they heard their buddy enjoy himself.

Tristan sunk her fangs into the man's throat, and the rush of warm vitae into her mouth and throat was one of the sweetest sensations and tastes ever. She could feel it working its way into her body and veins, filling the dessicated vessels with warmth and life. She had never really enjoyed Feeding before, but there was something about this man, something about how he had responded to her, desirous and respectful at the same time. He tasted so good. So delicious. And there were no drugs in his veins.

It was only a few short moments for the feeding, she needed only a tiny bit of his blood, but the taste! oh the taste was fantastic. Soon, though, soon after her fangs broke the skin of his throat, Tristan pulled her mouth from the wound and ran her tongue over his throat to help close the wound. She looked at this sweet man as he sunk to his knees in front of her, his head resting against her hips and lower abdomen, his breathing shallow and a groan leaving his lips and throat as the passing joy faded.

Tristan ran a hand through his hair and then grabbed a hold of it, pulling her right wrist up to her mouth, running a fang over the veins there just enough to allow a few drops of her blood to escape. Tristan turned his head so that he was facing directly forward into her body, and pressed her wrist to his lips, rubbing the moist flesh against his parted mouth.

The man groaned, feeling her gripping his hair, the haze lifting slightly as he felt moisture against his mouth, he was aware enough to know he was on his knees, that she was standing, and he could feel her leg to his right. So the moisture against his mouth was logical. He knew what to do. The man opened his mouth and flicked his tongue out, once, twice, four and five times and then lowered his parted lips to that flesh, suckling gently the moisture into his mouth.

Tristan pulled her wrist back after only a few seconds, allowing the wound to close. She leaned down, brushed a finger against the man's lips and then helped him lay down on the ground in the alleyway. She looked around, grabbed the man's last cigarette from his pack and then dropped him off another full pack in his pocket. She flicked the lighter, lit the cigarette and leaned down, stroking the man's face again and grinning softly. She reached into his back pocket, finding the man's wallet and taking his license. Thomas Skovic. She smiled again and tucked the license into her pocket.

She could have chosen worse.....

Straightening, Tristan looked around, found the back way out of the alley and headed back up town to one of her hotel rooms in order to get cleaned up and possibly find the others.

And the Man would sleep for a few moments, and when he woke up, remembered only the beautiful woman and the intense desire and joy she brought. He wondered when he would get to see her again.
    tl;dr-- Tristan finds a guy on the docks, they make out, she feeds off him, and then gives him some of her blood to start a bond. She goes home, he goes to sleep.

lonelyahava on
    edited August 2008
    It appeared the party was finally coming to a close, judging by the growing number of persons who were making their way back to the streets. Some to vehicles, some just walking unassisted, many in disoriented states of mind.

Stephen was among the last ones out, lighting a cigarette of his own that he knew would do no good. It only got a puff from him, before he tossed it to the sidewalk, uttering a drunken profanity under his breath. Passing by Stojka, he waved a hand at the club with a glance in his direction. "Don't expect Precious to be much help. She takes 'em, gets what she wants, and tosses 'em to the curb. Sure, it's a hell of a ride... but a short one. Only guy she keeps around on the regular is that lunatic DJ of hers.

What's he got that we don't? Insight, I figure."

Turning to Caleb, he went over in that direction. "Hey, whatever you've got planned for tracking down your boy, better get it together fast. Word is that Captain N's planning a special soiree tomorrow, and she's bringing a special acquaintance. I'm not a gambling man, but I bet it's a certain former guest of the CPD.

I'm not much for her parties, but this one should involve some good stories, eh?"

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited August 2008
    "Then she's just another typical woman.." Stojka responded to Stephen as he moved back towards Caleb. "But ironic that the Lunatic is the only one she keeps around."

"Insight is exactly what I'm looking for."

Shamus on
    edited August 2008
    "Another woman... but by no means typical. Keep that in mind."

Stephen had begun heading past the curb to a black Camaro parked across the street, when he noticed the dormant corpse lying in the road. "...people should really learn to pick up behind themselves." A few moments later, and the vehicle sped off into the night, as he didn't want to be there when the police inevitably started asking questions. Alexia's influence would only get her so far with those types.

Despite the abrupt departure of the first person to reach the antique shop, she waited, and rang the bell one final time. If there was no answer, then Elise would have to consider the more direct approach... though she did hope it wouldn't come to that.

If only because it would be a waste of blood. She was more patient than the first arrival, though not by much.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited August 2008
    Mettin finally opened the door. "Good evening. Forgive me, I didn't hear the bell. I was expecting someone else but this is a pleasant surprise"

Tube on
    edited August 2008
    "Yes, well, I presume your guest had other matters, as he did not wait long.

While I can't speak for the nature of his appointment, I have come regarding business.

The procurement of an artifact, to be specific, according to the records of an associate.

I presume this would be the best place to finalize the agreement, if you aren't opposed to leaving it in my possession.

I find it's best to bring matters of debt to an early resolution."

It struck her as ironic that the information provided had since become irrelevant, though it was no concern of hers.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited August 2008
    "of course, of course, come in" Mettin stepped aside and allowed his guest to cross the threshhold

Tube on
    edited August 2008
    "Thank you, but I do not mean to stay long. There have been some interesting developments over the past few hours, Doctor."

Accepting the invitation, she passed through the door, turning to one side for a better view of what the shop had to offer. Quaint. "Two of the Council have been recovered, leaving the whereabouts of only our good Ventrue representative a mystery." Her tone maintained neutrality, yet she hardly seemed troubled by that thought. One less would-be leader.

"...and the Gangrel, I suppose, which is nothing new. We presume this to mean Edward is dust in the wind by now, unless you and your associates have learned something we have not."

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited August 2008
    "Not that I'm aware of, our group needs to reconvene when possible. I'm afraid my own leads have so far come to little, but the help of the Tremere has been much appreciated. How were the council members recovered? Could they shed any light on the mystery at hand?"

Tube on
    edited August 2008
    "From what the Ventrue... stand-in claims, the Malkavian Primogen simply appeared at her business, unscathed. Physically speaking."

She wasn't paying visual attention to Mettin's words, as she was occupied with the appraisal of the shop's selection.

"The Toreador Primogen was discovered by the police at the mall, left for dead. Natasha recovered her from their possession personally, though as to how she explained her survival, I can only wonder.

I imagine she is questioning Sarah personally, and will keep us informed as to what she learns come the next Elysium.

As to the Malkavian... who can say."

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited August 2008
    Mettin noticed her interest in his stock "Do let me know if anything here takes your interest by the way. I have some very interesting Sumerian works in. It's always nice to have someone in the shop who appreciates the more... esoteric works."

He thought for a moment while his guest browsed. "Perhaps I should go and talk to this Malkavian primogen. I grow more and more curious about this entire situation"

Tube on
    edited August 2008
    "Another time, perhaps." She turned, abandoning the selection in favor of giving Mettin an expectant look. "While that does seem of interest, the night grows short, and there is still much to be done. I trust you have acquisitions of far more interest than the sort you have on display.

If you wish to converse with the Malkavian, I suspect you'll have your chance soon enough. He isn't the sort that many prefer to approach, excluding his employer, who also seems to be a few shards shy of a complete pane."

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited August 2008
    "ah yes, the item." Mettin dissapeared into his back room for a moment and returned with a short stick, covered in carvings and with a simple red silk tie around it.

"this particular item appears to be a kind of charm or fetish used by some sort of werewolf shaman of some repute. I have personally had little time to divine the carvings, but that is not an area that I specialise in particularly. I'm sure one of your brood will be find something of interest in it's workings."

He passed the fetish to her. "I trust it is to your satisfaction?"

Tube on
    edited August 2008
    A gloved hand came up, taking the item into her grasp with an appraisive glance. "You did not strike me as one who would have ties with such dangerous entities... but yes, this will do nicely. Some of the locals will find this of particular interest, for certain."

The relic faded from view as it was taken into her possession. "It has been a pleasure doing business. Don't hesitate to call upon us should any future needs arise. I look forward to seeing what else you're capable of procuring, Doctor. Good evening."

A small bow of the head given in parting, and she left the shop, taking the tangible chill with her.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited August 2008
    "It was a lucky find, to be sure. If you'll allow me a moment of immodesty I went to no mean effort to aquire it. Unfortunately it seems that the information it was exchanged for has become somewhat obsolete, but such is life I suppose. Or unlife, perhaps. It will have been worth it anyway, if any of your esteemed Tremere brethren choose to use me as their supplier of choice for antiquities and occulteries in the future. I hope that my goodwill towards the Tremere has been demonstrated in any case. Do let me know if you discover anything interesting in the carvings"

Tube on
    edited September 2008
    The Columbia Tribune
    Headline News - June 30th, 2008

Columbia, SC
    Rebecca Stanford, Staff Writer

According to sources, missing fashion sensation Sarah Beatrix was released from police custody late last evening, escorted by close friends. She was reported to have made a swift recovery.

While details remain scarce, reports suggest that the popular model was found left for dead in a fire at the Town Center Mall several days ago, and no one had seen her since, as she had been under questioning by the police.

It is presently unknown whether or not this has resulted in any leads towards solving the arsonry crimes.

Neither Sarah nor her family could be reached for comment, but according to a press release from her agent, she is 'doing fine, and will be back on the scene in no time'.

Local News

Columbia, SC
    James Marshall, Staff Writer

After a prolonged period of disrepair, the staff of the St. Andrews Catholic Church report that renovations are well underway, and the historical building should be open to visitors once again within a month's time, according to church staff.

"We've had a difficult time, but thanks to the generosity of this town's civilians, I am confident that we will be holding masses on regular weekly schedules very soon."

Police are still investigating the cause of the arsonry which left the church uninhabitable some weeks ago.

Entertainment News
    Newberry, SC

Albert Rodriguez, Lifestyle Editor

The Newberry Art Museum will be hosting its semi-annual evening gallery, taking place from tonight at 9:00 PM, continuing throughout the week. While the event is open to the public, visitors are asked to adhere to the museum's standards, and present themselves accordingly.

The updated exhibit will include a variety of classic and modern art, ranging from Victorian era works to those of local artists. Newer offerings may be available for purchase throughout the evening.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited September 2008
    Mirshaan had spent the previous nights moving. He hated moving. Too many things. He had decided on a basement appartment several blocks away from the hospital, the kind with the metal fire doors instead of wood. No windows, one door, he figured this should be a bit safer, if less convenient. He had to remind himself to stop his toil for a hunt twice, but he needed to keep his strength up, and he took it as an opportunity to get the lay of the land around his new abode. He had a complex if poorly constructed map of the area which he kept in his pockets now.

Finally finished with arraying his possesions and examining the apartment itself, Mirshaan changed into the suit he had purchased for this event, and any other events he might need it for. After all, a uniform is a uniform. It had cost a good deal extra to get it tailored to fit him on such short notice, but he liked the look of it as he checked himself in the mirror, and adjusted the knife and pockets at his waist.

Approaching the Museum early on in the show would be best he decided, might get more done. He approached quietly and quickly, suppressing the voice saying this was a mistake.

Firematic. on
    edited September 2008
    At the height of the stairway which lead to the museum, the well-lit entrance made the presence of the familiar unkept male immediately noticible, especially since the man wasn't just nursing a cigarette at the time, but was also occupied in an argument with a couple far better dressed than he was.

"I suppose you must be blind in addition to deaf, sir." The taller of the two pointed accusationally at the flyer right next to the supposed doorman, which declared in bold lettering 'PUBLIC EVENT'. "Not only is that false advertisement, but do you even work here?!"

The ill-shaven figure across from him took a minute to finish off the cigarette, before tossing it into the bushes off to the left, glancing up from just over the rims of his shades. "Damn straight I do, and I'm tellin' you, it was a misprint. By appointment only, jack. Beat it."

"You can bet this'll be in the paper tomorrow, vagabond. Come along, Samantha."

Not one to have his pride injured, the suited man went down the stairs to the waiting car, without a second glance.

It was a number of moments before his supposed date decided to go after him, though not before the young woman gave the smoker at the door a guided look.

Maybe some other night.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited September 2008
    Mirshaan approached the smoking man with his best casual gait, waiting for the previous interviewees to return to their car.

"I am afraid my invitation must have been lost in the post, but I would hope that is not to be held against me"

Firematic. on
    edited September 2008
    "Yeah, I remember you. Hard not to." The man retook a relaxed posture against the nearest segment of wall, and jacked a thumb towards the door. "Go on in, just brace yourself; she's taking roll call tonight." Something about that girl freaked him out even more than her boss did.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited September 2008
    Mirshaan considered the man's warning as he followed the thumb. This man, despite his outward appearance, knew everyone who came and went, but perhaps he also possessed some of the similar prejudices of his other cousins. Either way, he kept his guard up and his face calm as he passed the threshold.

Firematic. on
    edited September 2008
    Stojka parked a bit farther away from the museum, covering the rest of the distance on foot.

Normally, he found these events a waste of time. But not tonight. If fortune was still on his side, and he believed it was never not, the event at the museum would prove beneficial. And he had even wore his best suit; old enough to be called vintage, tailored, and well-kept, despite how many years he had it.

Moving up the stairs, unaware of what had transpired with the couple, he paused at the door to speak to the familiar doorman.

"Does she ever let you come inside these things?"

Shamus on
    edited September 2008
    "Sure, if I want to, and that ain't often. Keep the politics to the politicians, y'know?

And good luck with that; it's going to be a busy night for you guys."

"Oh, hello!" The cheerful voice came from immediately to Mirshaan's right, as the young girl approached him, notebook and pen in hand. "Name, clan, and status, if you'd be so kind?"
    Carousing, Charisma + Empathy, difficulty 6
    7d10 → [1,10,7,10,7,8,5], 4 successes
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1723888/
    Character has the Short flaw and Blush of Health merit.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Trace set the newspaper down with a wry smile. It looks like I've got an event to attend.
    Attempting to look like his former self.

Mask of a Thousand Faces: Manipulation + Performance
    6d10 → [8,4,6,4,2,2] 1 success
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1724116/

He grabbed a hand mirror and observed his features. Not his best work, but it would do for tonight. Trace stepped into the closet and emerged in more appropriate clothing for the event. He straightened his tie, grabbed his jacket, and headed out the door.

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Trace pulled the Audi into a parking spot well down the street from the museum and snatched the binoculars from the seat beside him.

Interesting. He'd had his suspicions, but this confirmed it. Despite the flyers and newspaper article declaring this a public event, there were hardly any cars outside of the museum. And the man stationed at the entrance looked more a bouncer than a doorman.

Well, he supposed it couldn't hurt to wander in and see what this was all about. At the very least he'd be able to peruse the works inside and find a few to his liking for future reference. He dropped the binoculars on the passenger seat and stepped out of the car, shrugging on his suit jacket, and then walked briskly towards the doorman, nodding when he came close.

"I suppose my attire is suitable for this event?"

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2008
    "Long day of paperwork, ehh?"

Caleb had just emerged from his office, with his assistant manager standing right outside. Without waiting for a response, he continued. "We're fucking packed. Was that other club really such a bust?" Caleb gave a small smirk.

"No... but more clubs means more club-goers, and we have the reputation around here. Call me on my cell if you need anything, I'm done for the day." Caleb gave the man a bit of a nod, and headed out to his car. He hadn't unpacked from the night before, so he still had his equipment in his car. He took note to toss his personal arms in the vehicle, however.

Caleb parked in the closest space near the museum, never one to be far from his transportation. He dresses in high business fashion, his usual, but better than most people even for special events. Getting out of his car, he lit a smoke, and headed towards the doorman, though initiating no conversation... yet.

Raslin on

• Sisters of SEXYSisters of SEXY Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Those characters arriving at the museum will notice a string-thin, clearly homeless black man of about 45 wearing an extremely worn green army jacket, disgusting stained cordouroy pants and work boots near the entrance to the museum occaisonally accosting passersby. These people look extremely perplexed as they listen for a moment, then walk speedily away. This may be due to his makeshift cape fashioned from trash bags, the spray-painted gold pot on his head which seems to function as a crown, or his scepter (a piece of PVC pipe with a rock taped to the end.) He seems unaware that there is an event occurring here, and occasionally flourishes his 'cape' dramatically.

Sisters of SEXY on
    edited September 2008
    The plain-looking arrival got a brief look from the watchman, before he waved at the door behind him.

"Word is they aren't being too strict on the dress code, so you'll be fine.

Damn good thing too, judging from the likes of visitors this get-together's bringing out."

He wasn't paying attention to either Trace or Caleb, but the third person headed towards the building.

The weird ones always came by on his watches.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Sisters of SEXYSisters of SEXY Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    "You there! Doorkeeper!" A rough, booming voice unsuited to the refinement of its content rang out. The homeless man staggered zig-zag up the steps to the museum and came face to face with the man. "I am personally surveying my fiefdoms to edify myself, regarding the status of these outlying provinces. What manner of place is this?"

Sisters of SEXY on