As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[IC] Pokedent Evil: Ambrella Chronicles

elkataselkatas Registered User regular
edited July 2008 in Critical Failures
Ambrella Chronicles: In Character Thread

Character sheets
Power summary

Our story so far....

Felix: Felix, you came to Pewter City to take part in local tournament. Unfortunately, all hotels were booked to the full, which isn’t exactly surprising, because tournament is one of the most important events of summer season. After searching for three hours, you found this lovely old couple that were renting their house’s attic to travelers. Well located and plenty of room, this was ideal place for you. Unfortunately, you weren’t only one searching for the resting place. Soon after you started to negotiate, another pokemon trainer came. His name was Nikolai Arkady, and he wanted to rent attic too. And soon came third pokemon trainer, with same idea that Nikolai had, guy whose name was “Sonny”. And then came the fourth trainer, called Ghastlyface Killah*. Argument ensued.

Hour later, you guys decided to share attic. Of course, you weren’t happy about whole idea, but beggars can’t be choosers, can’t they? At least food was included in the rent. After eating rather hot Leppa soup for supper, you decided to crash to your bed on the attic. You didn’t sleep well, and saw horrible nightmares of death and destruction.

You woke up, lying on your bed, and soaked in sweat. “No more Leppa soup for me”. Your left hand instinctively searches for the table lamp’s switch. *Click*. Hmm… nothing happens. Perhaps lamp has blown up? While you are pondering this, you have horrible feeling that something isn’t right. It is way too dark. Even during night, light should be pouring from the window, which points directly towards the city center. Your “pals” are still sleeping. Nikolai on the second bed, Sonny on the couch, and Killah on the floor (using his arcanine as a pillow). What you do?

* Who actually just wanted free place to hide, because some of his “friends” wanted to have nice little “talk” with him.


mapfj1.gif

Hypnotically inclined.
elkatas on
«1

Posts

  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    PokeSpriteDude3.png

    Felix looks towards the others sleeping in the room, normally he would let them be... but the dream and power outage really has him on edge.

    He carefully climbs out of bed and walks over to Killah, nudging him apologetically.

    "Hey, hey wake up. The power's out in the city. Does this happen often?"

    Marshmallow on
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    PokeSpriteRyan.png
    Ghastlyface awakens from his slumber cranky

    "Yo why you gotta do that. Was gettin' mah beauty sleep."

    Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    "Sorry, sorry..."

    Felix bites his lip pensively, and looks at the clock... which is black of course. Darn it.

    "Really though, this doesn't feel right. All the lights are out in the city. Maybe we should go downstairs and see if there's any candles or something?"

    Marshmallow on
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    "Hmm I suppose. You think we should wake the others?"

    Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    "Might as well, why don't you check those boxes and see if there's a flashlight or something?"

    Felix goes and wakes up Sonny and Nikolai, hoping they won't be too angry at the interruption.

    Marshmallow on
  • Options
    The Lord of HatsThe Lord of Hats Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Nikolai sits up slowly, stretching out and letting forth a strange gruntyawn.

    "Why'd you wake me up? Is it morning already?"

    He then glances out the window, and then looks again.

    "Huh. Looks like there's a blackout." he says, swinging his legs off the bed. He stands up, and starts getting dressed. This takes a considerable effort to do without really being able to see.

    "Hey, anyone got a flashlight or something?"

    The Lord of Hats on
  • Options
    elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    You know, now all of you notice something odd. No human made sounds. No matter how much you try, you can't hear any human made sounds. No sirens, no shouts, nothing at all. Pretty bizarre considering that there seems to be city-wide power outtage.

    elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    SonnySonny Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Sonny rolls over at the sight of Felix's disturbing of his sleep and lets out a long, drawn out "Why?"

    Sonny on
    Untitled-1-1.gif
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Ghastlyface backhands Sonny as if he were his hoe

    "Just look. Its pitch black outside."

    Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    The Lord of HatsThe Lord of Hats Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    "Quiet, too. You'd think there'd be some kind of noise" says Nikolai, now fully dressed and staring out the window.

    The Lord of Hats on
  • Options
    elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    "Quiet, too. You'd think there'd be some kind of noise" says Nikolai, now fully dressed and staring out the window.

    While Nikolai is looking out from the window, he notices that *something* (or *someone*?) is moving in the shadows, right on the yard of the house. It's way too dark for him to say what it is.

    elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    The Lord of HatsThe Lord of Hats Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    "Hey, I think I see someone down there. Maybe they know what's going on."

    Nikolai turns to go downstairs, but pauses.

    "On the other hand, it could be a burglar..."

    Making a final decision, he reaches for his belt, and pulls a Pokeball off of it. A quick button press later, and there's a Magneton very vaguely sillhouetted in the window by starlight.

    "Come on, let's go check it out."

    The Lord of Hats on
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    "Oh, uh, alright." Felix says, and feels his way over to the nightstand. He retrieves his three pokeballs, and sets two of them to his belt, holding the third gingerly.

    "Ready when you are then."

    Marshmallow on
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    "Well it will be a bit hard to see since you know, its pitch black. Oh hey I got an idea."

    He reaches for one of his pokeballs

    "Beatmaster Scorch go!"

    An Infernape appears from the pokeball. A flame surrounds the top of his head.

    Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    An Infernape appears from the pokeball. A flame surrounds the top of his head.

    Ah, much better... Infernape's head illuminates the room, although everything is still little dim. Whole room certainly looks far scarier now, with all the junk creating creepy shadows, and with lack of light hiding details. Who knows what does lurk in the shadows.

    elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    The Lord of HatsThe Lord of Hats Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Nikolai blinks at the sudden light momentarily, then his eyes adjust.

    "Thanks. Right then, let's go." he says, heading down the stairs cautiously, Magneton hovering slightly above and behind his left shoulder.

    The Lord of Hats on
  • Options
    elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    "Thanks. Right then, let's go." he says, heading down the stairs cautiously, Magneton hovering slightly above and behind his left shoulder.

    GM: It's a ladder, not stairs.

    Even with Infernape's light, Nikolai can't see ground floor from the top of the ladder. He has hard time finding good placing for his feet due lack of light, but soon he starts descent ladder carefully. Ladder is creaking under his weight.

    elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    "Well here goes nothing."

    Ghastlyface climbs down the ladder, his Infernape right above him climbing down as well.

    Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Ghastlyface climbs down the ladder, his Infernape right above him climbing down as well.

    Nikolai comes down first. *squish* As he lands down, he steps directly on something that makes lovely squishy sound. As Infernape hasn't started his descent yet, it is too dark for him to see what he is standing on. Whatever it is, it makes Nikolai feel rather uncomfortable. After recovering from the initial shock, Nikolai starts to gag. Whole room stenches like... I don't know.... like someone had mixed piss and vinegar together into unholy cocktail from hell. Uh-oh....

    elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    The Lord of HatsThe Lord of Hats Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    "Oh god... guhg.. it's... it's terrible down.. guh... here." Nikolai pauses for a moment, and holds his nose with one hand. "It reeks like... I don't even know what. And something on the floor went squish. I don't know if I want to know what went squish. What the **** is going on here?"

    The Lord of Hats on
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    "Hey are you guys okay? What's that smell?"

    Felix pauses a second. Then tosses his pokeball to the floor. "Come on out, Carcer." A quick flash announces the arrival of a Honchkrow, which hovers over to one of the boxes before landing.

    "Okay, I'm coming down too." Felix shouts down, following Killah's Infernape. "C'mon Carce," he adds, nodding to the Honchkrow.

    Marshmallow on
  • Options
    elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Nikolai finally sees what he is standing on. It's old maid's meowth, which dead as stone. Something has ripped its stomach open and all of its entrails are pouring out, creating slippery mess. Room itself looks like there has been fight on it. Table where you did eat previous night has been broken from the middle, and various foodstuffs and utensils lie all around the floor.

    (Map for room comes later)

    elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    The Lord of HatsThe Lord of Hats Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    "AAAH! AAAH! SHITSHITSHITSHIT AAAAH!!!" yells Nikolai, jumping off of the corpse and up against the wall, breathing heavily. After a moment, he retches,bends over, and pukes on the floor. He stays there for a moment, and gets his breathing under control. Careful to avoid the sight of the meowth, it looks up towards the attic.

    "Something's happening. I don't know what, but something's happening."

    The Lord of Hats on
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Ghastlyface stares at the dead meowth.

    "Yo dawg that cat's ripped to shreds. What could've done that shit?"

    Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    After 15 seconds of solid screaming, Nikolai starts to calm off. He is still little dazed, and trying to collect his thoughts. He suddenly hear muffled sound like someone would be knocking against the glass. *thump*, *thump*, *thump* Ghastlyface is also down, and he feels little agitated. Felix is still climbing down the stairs.

    elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    image2cu9.gif

    Black bars symbolize doors.

    elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    The Lord of HatsThe Lord of Hats Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Slowly regaining his composure, Nikolai speaks. Partly to himself, partly to everyone else in the room.

    "Okay. There's something outside. Something thumping on the window. I will turn and look to see what is outside. I will not freak out again. I will not freak out again. After all, it probably can't be worse than what I just saw, right? Right. Right. I am turning to look out the window... now."

    Nikolai takes a step away from the wall, and turns and looks out the window, trying to see whatever it is out there.

    ((OOC:Nikolai was standing in the corner between the glass cupboard and the window.))

    The Lord of Hats on
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    "Oh. Oh no." Felix says, spoting the terrible sight below. He jumps the last few feet down and to the left, putting him near the ajar living room door. His Honchkrow peeks curiously from the door above, but is immediately bothered by the state of the poor Meowth, and murmurs to itself in distress.

    "Careful Nikolai, whatever did this is probably still around." Felix mentions as Nikolai heads towards the window.

    Marshmallow on
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    "Shits crazy dawg. Think I'm gonna check out the window as well."

    Ghastlyface starts to head towards the window

    "Felix you comin'?"

    Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    "I'll stay by the door here if that's okay." Felix states, looking a bit pale. He does, however, turn and peek around the open door into the living room. Hoping he doesn't spot anything.

    Marshmallow on
  • Options
    elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    "Careful Nikolai, whatever did this is probably still around." Felix mentions as Nikolai heads towards the window.

    As Nikolai approaches the window, he sees three human beings, two males and one female, on the other side of the window. Something is horribly wrong. Their clothes are tattered, skin is ash gray, and covered random reddish blotches and small bite marks. Even more horrible are the eyes, which are milk white, and don’t have visible pupils at all. It is impossible see any kind of emotion behind the eyes, but as Nikolai approaches, they start to bound window more aggressively.

    elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    The Lord of HatsThe Lord of Hats Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    True to his word, Nikolai does not freak out. Instead, he calmly takes several steps away from the window, not taking his eyes off of it. When he's a safe distance from the window, he risks a quick glance towards Felix and Ghastlyface.

    "Well. There's a bunch of crazy homeless people out there with some kind of horrible disease. They are trying to break in through the window. Oh. They also have crazy blank white eyes, forgot about that. Any suggestions?" says Nikolai, doing a remarkably good job of keeping his panic internal. "Hey Sonny, it'd probably be a good idea to get down from there!"

    The Lord of Hats on
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    "Maybe we should get the window covered then, that might hold them off for a bit. Is that table big enough to cover it you think?"

    Felix grabs one edge and tries to heft the broken table up a bit.

    "C'mon, we can put the potted plant behind it to hold it up, maybe that cabinet over there too."

    Carcer flies down from the attic, and lands by the table, biting it with it's beak and trying to help.

    Marshmallow on
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    "Thats a good idea Felix. While you guys do that I'll try to see if I can push that cabinet over towards the window as well."

    Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    As the survival instinct kicks in, team pushes cabinet to block window. And not moment too soon, as hobos (?!) start to pound window harder. Hopefully cabinet can hold them off, as it doesn't look that sturdy...

    elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    The Lord of HatsThe Lord of Hats Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    "Come on. That doesn't look like it's going to hold them off for too long. We should probably check the other rooms," says Nikolai, looking into the kitchen to see if it's safe.

    The Lord of Hats on
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    "Sounds good, we should stick together though. For safety's sake." Felix mentions, following Nikolai closely.

    Marshmallow on
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    "Yeah don't wanna get separated from you doggies, so I'll follow ya"

    Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    GM: All right, which room you are going to enter next? And how carefully?

    elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Nikolai carefully walks next to kitchen door, and carefully pushes it open, accompanied by loud *screeek*. Before Nikolai peeks inside, smoke comes out from the door. After smoke clears a bit, Nikolai sees that kitchen is surprisingly tidy, but it looks like someone (probably maid) had been working there. Stove is still lit, and there is bacon burning on the pan. There is some smoke, but there isn't (at least for now) risk of fire. Refrigerator is also open, generating minor amount of light. Worst thing, however, is that three hobos are banging on window which is located on the southern wall of the kitchen.

    elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
Sign In or Register to comment.