As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Can you do a hundred push ups? Joe Biden can

• Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Woop! I finally got done with week 3 for the third time and did it right this time. Week 4 starts today!

Prospicience on
  • Options
    BennmannBennmann Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    As of this moment I can do one handed push ups with both hands...

So would the 100 a day numbers apply to that? Right now I'm only like a rank 2 one-hander with my left and maybe a rank 3 with my right.

I suppose my eventual goal is to work to hand-stand push ups and then see if I can eventually do a one-handed handstand push up. Haven't even found a Youtube video of one of those yet though (only two-hand handstand push ups there). Thoughts?

Bennmann on
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Bennmann wrote: »
    As of this moment I can do one handed push ups with both hands...

So would the 100 a day numbers apply to that? Right now I'm only like a rank 2 one-hander with my left and maybe a rank 3 with my right.

I suppose my eventual goal is to work to hand-stand push ups and then see if I can eventually do a one-handed handstand push up. Haven't even found a Youtube video of one of those yet though (only two-hand handstand push ups there). Thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA5XskutHrA ?

Can't really think if any other way you'd do it.

Rook on
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Okay, so I slacked off yesterday too. Did my W4D1R2 today, will do day 2 tomorrow evening (if all goes well.) 22/16/16/14/22.
    Suckafish wrote:
    What was your starting max? Your week three numbers are close to mine. I just finished W4D1 and just barely made it to the minimum (27) in the last set. It is a little discouraging because I was destroying the minimum back in week 2... managed to get as high as 45 W2D3, up from my starting max of 38.
    My initial test was like 14 or 15. I've been doing each week twice, and at the end of week 2 for the exhaustion test I got around 30. Don't be discouraged if you aren't shattering the last set, it means that you'll actually be improving along the program's established curve (which is ridiculously steep at rank 3.)

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    W3D3 I was on a damn roll today. I can actually see muscle on my arms now which is kind of cool.

22/19/19/17/27

Like I sad with that last one, I was on a roll.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    El Sigh. So this week wasn't even a full week for me and I still found it hard to find time to do my pushups. So now it's going to be more of a psychological hurdle.

At any rate. Doing my w4 d2 now.

22/17/17/15/20

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    W2D3

15/15/12/12/25

Very happy with my results, especially with my max. This is of course with me repeating each week twice, but it's the improvements that count.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    W1D1 - tested at 65, then today did 10/10/8/10 (max).

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    MeisterMeister Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Week 2 done:
    14, 18, 19, 30 (exhaustion test)

are you guys posting for each day? wouldn't there just be one number (the number you could do for the last step where you do as many as you can)? i thought all the other numbers are set.

Meister on
    3DS friend code friend code: 4485-1155-2584
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Meister wrote: »
    Week 2 done:

are you guys posting for each day? wouldn't there just be one number (the number you could do for the last step where you do as many as you can)? i thought all the other numbers are set.

Yeah, they are, but people report them anyways, since if you can't finish them all, you can at least report how far you got.

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Got hit with strep, tonsillitis, and mono simultaneously. Took a number of weeks off.

Going to jump back in and redo week 4, see if I'm able.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    despite the spectacular crick in my neck, i have completed week 3 day 3: 20/15/15/12/18

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    W4D1

22/16/16/14/23

Ouch.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Week 4, Day 1 again.

22/16/16/14/22

Bare minimum, but given how long it's been since I've done any physical activitya t all, I'll take it.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    GlocjtGlocjt catstronaut in spaaace.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Got hit with strep, tonsillitis, and mono simultaneously. Took a number of weeks off.

Dag, yo. Good luck getting back in the swing of things. Gonna start W4 myself today. It's looking like pain. :winky:

Glocjt on
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    CorpseRT wrote: »
    Week 2 done:

Yeah, they are, but people report them anyways, since if you can't finish them all, you can at least report how far you got.

That, and different people do different columns.

Marty81 on
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Marty81 wrote: »
    CorpseRT wrote: »
    Week 2 done:

That, and different people do different columns.

That too!

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Glocjt wrote: »

Dag, yo. Good luck getting back in the swing of things. Gonna start W4 myself today. It's looking like pain. :winky:

Wouldn't have been as bad if I hadn't been misdiagnosed the first couple of times I went to the doctor :P

Jragghen on
  • Options
    MeisterMeister Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Man whaaaaat.

W3D1 just completely kicked my ass. I was only able to do 30 consecutive push-ups for the exhaustion test after W2, but then W3D1 has 25 push-ups, rest 60 seconds, then 17 push-ups. That's bananas.
    I was only able to pull off 25/17/17/11 , and that was with giving myself infinite time. What are you supposed to do if you fail a day?

Meister on
    3DS friend code friend code: 4485-1155-2584
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    In order to get back on track I'm skipping W4 D3 R2 and moving on to W4 D1 R3. I think this is fair.

27/20/20/17/29

Hopefully I'll be feeling up to D2 tomorrow.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    SuckafishSuckafish Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    W4D3: 30/22/22/20/32

On to week five I go. I tested my max in between W4D2 and W4D3 and it was 50, so I'm in the top category for week five and practically guaranteed to fail it (40/32/30/25/>40). That's basically ten more pushups per set and with 60 seconds rest instead of the 120 I had today.

Suckafish on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    W4D2
    22/17/17/15/25

Oh god it burns. Like acid on the inside.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I've stopped doing this, as I screwed up my shoulder a few weeks ago, and it still doesn't let me do enough push-ups to continue. Damn, I thought I was going to make it. I'm gonna play it safe though.

Rhan9 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    W4 D2 27/21/21/18/25 Had to do the last 5 on my knees. :(

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Week 4, day 2, trial 2

22/17/15/15/22

Looks like I picked the right week to jump back in on.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    W1 D2 20/25/25. I rested too long between sets.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    atat23atat23 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I did an exhaust test after week 3, wasn't supposed to it seems but my total didn't improve that much, went from 40 to 42.

W4D1 - 27/20/20/17/19

I really pushed it for the last few push ups in the 19 set, felt good in a weird kind of way

atat23 on
  • Options
    UnderdogUnderdog Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So when it says "simply execute as many good-form push ups as you can." for the initial test, am I allowed to stop or do I need to do these at a regular pace and the moment I can't keep up with the pace, that's my number?

Underdog on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Underdog wrote: »
    So when it says "simply execute as many good-form push ups as you can." for the initial test, am I allowed to stop or do I need to do these at a regular pace and the moment I can't keep up with the pace, that's my number?

You're allowed to stop so much as you don't go away from the neutral position. You don't need to keep up a certain pace.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Owowow. W4D3 30/22/22/20/29

I let myself lay on the floor for a couple seconds before the last 9 or so.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    25/16/16/17/24

Bare minimum, but I beat week 4 again.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    GlocjtGlocjt catstronaut in spaaace.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Uh...just finished week 4. Tough one, that it was. Week 5 scares me with its shortening breaks, though. Any one got word on how it is?

Keep at it y'all - we're gonna break that one-naught-naught!

Glocjt on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Done with week 4, some how. I am sore, more sore than normal cause I am off by a day I think.

25/19/19/17/24

I barely made it, just barely. God I am sore.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Glocjt wrote: »
    Uh...just finished week 4. Tough one, that it was. Week 5 scares me with its shortening breaks, though. Any one got word on how it is?

I thought it was kinda a nice change of pace and only had issues with the last set.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    MorinokoMorinoko Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    w1d2: 11/9/7/7/10

I'm going to do W1 twice..

Morinoko on
  • Options
    xWonderboyxxWonderboyx Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Is it too late to start in on this? I have my PRT (physical readiness test) coming up in November. The minimum amount of push-ups I have to do is 42. And they aren't real push-ups, more like something they call "Navy Push-Ups", which are more barely arm bending and for pussies. I can usually only do 42 of these. It's really embarrassing because I can do the maximum number of situps (105 in 2 minutes) and I can do the mile and a half in about 10 minutes (I have 14 minutes to do it).

I want to do this program because I want to go into that fitness test and blow those mother fuckers away with my mad push-up skills. I don't know if I'll be able to crank out all 100 in 2 minutes, but the highest it scores to is like 85.

My initial test put me with 20 (real) pushups and I will be starting the program on monday, augmenting my current workout of running and swimming a lot.

xWonderboyx on
    shark2.jpg
    XBL - Follow Freeman
  • Options
    FrabbaFrabba Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ok I'm back. Going to start again tomorrow morning, and possibly jump right back into week 3. Lets see how this goes.

Frabba on
    I'm big in Internet Spaceships.
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I have not reported in for a while. This just means I'm failing week 6 over and over again.

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Is it too late to start in on this? I have my PRT (physical readiness test) coming up in November. The minimum amount of push-ups I have to do is 42. And they aren't real push-ups, more like something they call "Navy Push-Ups", which are more barely arm bending and for pussies. I can usually only do 42 of these. It's really embarrassing because I can do the maximum number of situps (105 in 2 minutes) and I can do the mile and a half in about 10 minutes (I have 14 minutes to do it).

I want to do this program because I want to go into that fitness test and blow those mother fuckers away with my mad push-up skills. I don't know if I'll be able to crank out all 100 in 2 minutes, but the highest it scores to is like 85.

My initial test put me with 20 (real) pushups and I will be starting the program on monday, augmenting my current workout of running and swimming a lot.

Never too late to start :)

Jragghen on
  • Options
    xWonderboyxxWonderboyx Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Never too late to start :)

Hooray!

xWonderboyx on
    shark2.jpg
    XBL - Follow Freeman