As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4e] In Search of the Cloudtalker - OOC (Looking for players)

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Can you post a statblock? I'm on my mobile phone and it can't load that.

Goose! on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I don't even know what 4e character statblocks are supposed to look like.

M. Blackwell, Female Human Fighter
    Str 16, Con 14, Dex 15, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 10
    29 HP, Bloodied 14, Healing Surge 7
    AC 19, Fort 16, Ref 13, Will 12
    Trained Skills: Athletics, Endurance, Heal, Intimidate
    Feats: Improved Initiative, Weapon Focus (Heavy Blades)
    Powers: At-Will: Tide of Iron, Sure Strike, Cleave; Encounter: Covering Attack; Daily: Comeback Strike
    Equipment: Longsword, Scale Mail, Heavy Shield, Adventuring Kit, 15gp

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Make a game at mythweavers and then post the generated statblock into it

Its pretty awesome, when you hover over your powers, it will pop up with what it does.

Ed

E.G.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?p=1138000#post1138000

ed: If anyone wants i can make their game a forum there for which to hold info, make the owner a GM of the game so they can edit and hide stuff, and add characters there for easier reference.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Goose! wrote: »
    Its not that difficult as a player to use. Its going to be fun figuring out the DM side of it.

I don't doubt that, but I've still never had opportunity to use it. I've got a possible Maptool game lined up for like, July sometime, but... if you need me, I'll just need someone to give me a quick ten or fifteen minute tutorial is all.

KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Got the first map made. I <3 maptool.

Goose! on
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm pretty much good any day past 5 pm Pacific. Technically I can make myself available up to an hour earlier if need be. But I would prefer not too if possible.

Edit: I'll post my char. stats when I get home tonight.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    we had a game last night, so ill drop out for now unless that game falls through for some reason.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    LegionnairedLegionnaired Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Alright...

Yurathis is a Dragonborn Warlord, the sole survivor of a horrific battle between his clan and a barbarian horde. He buried his victorious kinsmen, then fell on his sword in an attempt to join them.

A passing cleric of Kord found him and restored him to health, and taught him a path of strength with origins greater than his own reserves. Seeking battle, he travels the world as a mercenary, but spends most of his time in taverns trying to forget his great failure. He longs for the day he can find a battle glorious enough to rejoin his clan in the afterlife, and do honor to the God of Strength, that he might earn a soldier's death.

Tattered chain hangs from hooks bored into his scales, and a rusty longsword still stained at the crossbar with his own blood rests uncomfortably at his side.

Legionnaired on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Okay so party is INNS, Legion, Darkside, Forar, Krata, and Fletch now.

Tuesday is now, with the majority of you agreeing to it, set in stone as the first day (as in Tuesday July 8). Please try to have your characters up by Thursday the 3rd because I'm going away for the weekend on Friday and I'd like to get everything I can know about you guys in my head by then.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Okay so party is INNS, Legion, Darkside, Forar, Krata, and Fletch now.

Tuesday is now, with the majority of you agreeing to it, set in stone as the first day (as in Tuesday July 8). Please try to have your characters up by Thursday the 3rd because I'm going away for the weekend on Friday and I'd like to get everything I can know about you guys in my head by then.

Guess that means I'm rollin' Wizzypoo. I can do that. I'll have the character done ASAP.

I can roll something else, too, if the group wants to skip on Controller, but that'd probably make life harder, so I'm defaulting to Wizard unless you guys tell me diff'rent.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    So here's a total noob question..how much GP do I have to start with and equip myself?

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I'm thinking of multiclassing into Warlock or Cleric, although I'd have to change my sheet a little bit to do it.

Blackwell is supposed to be pretty devout (hence Cleric) although she is also meant to be a pretty badass chick and Warlock fire-powers would be nifty.

Most probably I'ma just stick to Fighter though!

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    So here's a total noob question..how much GP do I have to start with and equip myself?

by the book, 100 gp for a level 1 character.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So, what's our group layout looking like so far, class wise?

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Cast
    Fletch - Human Ranger
    Legion - Dragonborn Warlord
    Darkside - Half Elf Warlock
    Goumin - Dwarf Wizard
    Forar - Halfling Rogue
    INNS - Human Fighter

From the OP, with the only difference being now we've got Krata instead of Goumin playing the Wizard, I think.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Gracias.

I should probably just check the OP next time. >.>

Forar on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    What INNS said.

I am having loads of fun making these maps :D

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Tough trying to flesh this all out. Hopefully you all don't work too quickly. Though I have a devious challenge to keep you guys preoccupied.

The basic problem I'm having, however, is there isn't much to do in a desert.

Goose! on
  • Options
    FletchsmFletchsm Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Could be like a "Tatooine" desert with roving nomads with a little Afghanistan thrown in with caves and rocky terrain. Might give you a little more options that sand dune after sand dune. Of course there is always the hidden temple action in the sand dunes. Oh also the Dune thing with underground city's. I think I watch too many movies.

My character is almost complete should have him finished by this Tuesday since I have Origins to go to this weekend. I used the save able Character sheet pdf that someone posted in the DND main thread. Do you want that emailed to you or would you rather do a stat block?

Fletchsm on
    [GIR is disguised as a government agent]
    Gir: I am government man, come from the government. The government has sent me.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I'm multiclassed into paladin, and I plan on taking the 'tank' paragon path, so we'll have more off-tanking as the game progresses.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=63423

Everyone know how to set up their macros in Maptool?

Legionnaired on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Ok...seriously whereabouts is that information, because I looked all over for it in the handbook last night.

Also...Desert Oasis....perhaps with scantily clad babes sunning themselves....?

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Its in the front somewhere, page 18 i think

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    It really seems like between the multiclass and the first powerswap feat I'll be able to have one good round of tanking per encounter - 3 guys if I make all the tohit rolls.

I might need to invest in the toughness or scale mail feat before then...

Legionnaired on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    So long as I can figure out what you're doing, I'm okay with it. You don't have to be at least level 2 to multiclass in 4e?

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Although the paladin mark isn't all that fantastic, since it's all of 3 damage to someone who ignores your mark.

You get Divine Challenge, but Divine Challenge stops working if you don't chase your target around :o

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    BTW INNS. There's an auto generate statblock in the middle of myth weaves 4e sheet. Just click generate and then copy it.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    So long as I can figure out what you're doing, I'm okay with it. You don't have to be at least level 2 to multiclass in 4e?

You take a Paladin Multiclass feat - and you get a free skill as trained, and you get the Paladin's Divine Challenge as 1/Encounter.

Since I've got a 16 Charisma, it deals 6 damage, which is about the damage of an average attack. Only once per encounter though.

At 4th level, I can take a feat that lets me swap out one of my encounter powers for a paladin encounter power of the same level. So I'd have a third level encounter power for a level, and then at 4th I'd swap it out with the paladin one that lets you attack and mark two guys.

So if the tank goes down and I'm right there next to him I can stand him up with healing and then mark 3 guys for a turn to give him a break.

Legionnaired on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Indeed. Seems interesting.

Anyway, we're gonna try out a skill challenge. Its a little simple if you have the requisite skills. But, we'll see.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

No, you can take the first multiclass feat immediately as you create your character.

The first feat gives you a skill trained and maybe some special ability. Then you buy power swap feats.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    BTW INNS. There's an auto generate statblock in the middle of myth weaves 4e sheet. Just click generate and then copy it.

It makes a stat block using codes that this forum doesn't recognize.

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Codes this forum ought to implement, some of them are right awesome.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    What sheet are you using? I used it here and it worked just fine.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Uhh, the 4e mythweavers sheet.

This is what it looks like at mythweavers

This is what it looks like here

Grimbold Stoneshaper, Dwarf Wizard
    Init +2 HP 23/23 Bloodied 11 Healing Surge 5 (0 used /7)
    AC 15 Fort 11 Reflex 13 Will 15 Speed 5
    Str 8 (-1) Con 13 (+1) Dex 14 (+2) Int 16 (+3) Wis 16 (+3) Cha 12 (+1)
    [OOC='At Will: Magic Missile (Std)']At Will: Magic Missile (Std)
    Ranged 20: Int vs Ref: Force
    2d4+int: Ranged Basic Attack[/OOC], [OOC='At Will: Thunderwave(Std)']At Will: Thunderwave(Std)
    Close Blast 3(all): Int vs Fort : Thunder
    1d6+int: Pushes Target Wis modifier squares[/OOC], [OOC='[STRIKE]Encounter: Icy Terrain(Std)[1][/STRIKE]']Encounter: Icy Terrain(Std)[1]
    Area 1 w/ Range 10: Int vs Ref: Cold
    Hit: 1d6+Int + Knocked Prone
    Effect: Area is Difficult Terrain till end of next turn(Minor ends)[/OOC], [OOC='Daily: Sleep (Std)[1]']Daily: Sleep (Std)[1]
    Area Burst 2 w/ range 20(all): Int vs Will:
    Hit: Slow(save ends) + unconscious if fail first save(save ends)
    Miss: Slow(Save ends)[/OOC], [OOC='[STRIKE]Daily: Acid Arrow(Std)[1][/STRIKE]']Daily: Acid Arrow(Std)[1]
    Ranged 20: Int vs ref: Acid Damage
    Hit: 2d8 +Int + 5 ongoing (save ends) + secondary @ adjacent (1d8+int + 5 ongoing)
    Miss: 1/2 dmg + 2 ongoing(Save Ends)[/OOC]
    Notes

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Ok...seriously whereabouts is that information, because I looked all over for it in the handbook last night.

Also...Desert Oasis....perhaps with scantily clad babes sunning themselves....?

Page 210, the opening page of the Equipment section. "Basic clothing and 100 gp to spend on armor, weapons,a nd adventuring gear."

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Oh yeah. .I forgot I just deleted al that crap.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    My sheet is spoilered below, the name's a link to Myth-weavers.

I'm still writing his background, but it's basically going to revolve around the responsible, intelligent use of magic for the good of the world, and bringing light and sun into dark places. The desert is, to Sheer's mind, Pelor's testing ground. "Withstand the Light, or fall into Night", or somesuch. So Sheer's along for the good of everyone involved, though he won't be an ass about it, typically, though he obviously would object to outright evil (No eating babies, people!)

Sheer, Human Wizard
    Init +1 HP 23/23 Bloodied 11 Healing Surge 5 (0 used /7)
    AC 13 Fort 12 Reflex 14 Will 16 Speed 6
    Str 8 (-1) Con 13 (+1) Dex 12 (+1) Int 17 (+3) Wis 16 (+3) Cha 10 (+0)

At-will Spells
    Cloud of Daggers
    At Will * Arcane, Force, Implement
    Standard Action Area: 1 square/10 Squares
    Target: Each creature in square, Int vs Reflex
    Hit: 1d6+Int mod Force damage
    Effect: Area is filled with sharp daggers of force. Any creature that enters the square or starts the turn in that square takes Force damage equal to Wisdom modifier. Remains in place until end of next turn.

Scorching Burst
    At Will * Arcane, Fire, Implement
    Standard Action Burst 1/10 squares
    Target: Each creature in burst, Int vs Reflex
    Hit: 1d6+Int mod Fire damage.

Thunderwave
    At will * Arcane, Implement, Thunder
    Standard Action Close Blast 3
    Target: Each creature in blast, Int vs Fortitude
    Hit: 1d6+Int mod Thunder damage, and push target a number of squares equal to Wisdom modifier.

Encounter Spell
    Icy Terrain
    Encounter * Arcane, Cold, Implement
    Standard Action Area Burst 1/10 squares
    Target: Each creature in burst, Int vs Reflex
    Hit: 1d6+Int mod Cold damage, target is prone
    Effect: Power's area is difficult terrain 'till end of next turn.

Daily Spells (prepare 1 per day)
    Acid Arrow
    Daily * Acid, Arcane, Implement
    Standard Action Ranged 20
    Primary Target: One Creature Int vs Reflex
    Hit: 2d8+Int mod Acid damage, ongoing Acid 5
    Secondary Target: Creatures adjacent to target
    Hit: 1d8+Int mod Acid damage, ongoing Acid 5
    Miss: Half damage, ongoing Acid 2, no secondary attack.

Sleep
    Daily * Arcane, Implement, Sleep
    Standard Action Area burst 2/20 squares
    Target: Each creature in burst, Int vs Will
    Hit: Target is slowed (save ends). If target fails first save, target becomes unconcious (save ends).
    Miss: Target is Slowed (save ends)

Cantrips
    Ghost Sound
    At Will * Arcane, Illusion
    Standard action Ranged 10
    Target: One object or unoccupied square
    Effect: Cause a sound as quiet as a whisper or as loud as a yelling or fighting creature.

Light
    At Will * Arcane
    Minor Action Ranged 5
    Target: One object or unoccupied square
    Effect: Target sheds light out to 4 squares. Douse as a free action.
    Special: Only one Light active at a time.

Mage Hand
    At will * Arcane, Conjuration
    Minor Action Ranged 5
    Reffect: Conjure a spectral floating hand that can pick up and carry 20 pounds, can move the hand as a Move action.
    Sustain Minor: Can sustain indefiniately.
    Special: Only one Spectral Hand active at a time.

Prestidigitation
    At Will * Arcane
    Standard Action Ranged 2
    Efffect: Can create minor effects.
    Special: May have up to 3 Prestidigitation effects running at once.

KrataLightblade on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    3 human party. Which is good, cause the town of Calondra is a 99% human populace.

PS Don't forget to make tokens for your characters, guys.

Goose! on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Awww...How did I miss this.

Well, if you need an alternate I'm in.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Surely.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Passing a few learning curves / breaking a few old habits, but character creation is coming along. I've chosen most of the mechanical stuff for him, and have a rough idea on personality / background, but haven't committed it anywhere to text yet.

Forar on