As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[BALANCE ON] Team Fortress 2: Pyro Nerf Applied

• martymarty Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    i can't wait til heavy week

because I'll just stick to flippy's team and together we will make it impossible for the other team heavies to get anything done

marty on
    tf2_sig.png
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    marty wrote: »

because I'll just stick to flippy's team and together we will make it impossible for the other team heavies to get anything done

I will burn fatties from morning' till the cows come home.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I think I'll actually farm the heavy achievements because I think farming them is going to be hilariously fun times, especially while spamming voice commands. I am looking forward to 6+ heavies on a team.

Asiina on
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Sniping isn't that bad while lagged, since it doesn't affect your hit detection that much. The only real drawback is that you'll lose a lot of sniper duels.

Zek on
  • Gin Soacked BoyGin Soacked Boy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Server's are not updated yet, that's why

Glad they put back in the falloff damage. I should die less now to pyros five meters away

I feel dirty for playing pyro and ruining every ones game :| Also the fall of dmg wasnt put back to its origional status meaning pyros don't need to be in your face to hurt anymore. Which is totaly fare in my opinion as before it was a little shity. I didn't notice much difrence last night though the only time I found the no fall of usefull was chasing medics around but now I guess its back to shot guning them.

Also on the backstab not registering I'm quite sure the backburner has a similar problem with not geting your crits despite being behind your target. I dont know if theres been a reason given for it yet but it might be like the rogue vanish bug in WoW for those who played in that theres a bit of lag between you and the host and one machine says one thing and the other something else so sometimes you'r over ruled (I dont know about computers so excuse me if thats a load of boloks.)

Also has any one noticed when playing pyro theres something wrong with the hit box and the flame thrower. I've had it happen quite a few times. I know im aiming directly at X person but nothing happens. Sometimes its due to me being right in their face and my guns in them and others its well....I dont know it looks fine but their taking no damage.

Gin Soacked Boy on
    Under the influence

steam_sig.png
  • Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

You and me bwohy.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • DeadlySherpaDeadlySherpa Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm going to be doing a lot of hiding around corners and avoiding of large open spaces on heavy week

deadlysherpa, the agoraphobic heavy.

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
    edited July 2008
    Hey deadly remember that time when I shot you in the head.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Updated with more inflammatory title. ;)

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • cryohazardcryohazard Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Flippy_D wrote: »

You and me bwohy.

and me! I'll heal you both ... it will be glorious.

cryohazard on
    tf2_sig.png
  • DeadlySherpaDeadlySherpa Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

hey flippy remember that time I punched you and a fellow sniper to death

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Yeah I can't wait for this updated.

On one side, I love playing heavy.

On the other, I love playing sniper.

I'll go sniper for a week straight, then heavy when it all dies down.

Icemopper on
  • BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm going to be doing a lot of hiding around corners and avoiding of large open spaces on heavy week

deadlysherpa, the agoraphobic heavy.
    i, on the other hand, will just zombie heavy the whole week in hopes that there is an achievement to be gotten from zombie heavying for some amount of hours

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
    edited July 2008
    What is this zombie heavy stuff? I've missed the last few days...

Icemopper on
  • DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm kind of surprised they're doing heavy next. It's a fairly popular class, and it seems that some of the other classes could use a bit more help/tweaking. Maybe I'm just not good with those other classes.

Dissociater on
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Zek wrote: »
    Sniping isn't that bad while lagged, since it doesn't affect your hit detection that much. The only real drawback is that you'll lose a lot of sniper duels.

Sniper was my first choice of class and I put twelve or so straight hours into it before realising this little tidbit.

So I started playing medic because that's all I thought my ping could do and just got used to it.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Monolithic_DomeMonolithic_Dome Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Engy also works well in high-ping situations because sentries run from the server.

Monolithic_Dome on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2008
    Zek wrote: »

Sniper was my first choice of class and I put twelve or so straight hours into it before realising this little tidbit.

So I started playing medic because that's all I thought my ping could do and just got used to it.

So that's why you're such a bitter husk of a man.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

You and me bwohy.

What if they have pyros?

Gumpy on
    edited July 2008
    Well, the heavies on our team will take care of that.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • TK-42-1TK-42-1 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Icemopper wrote: »

if you dick around in the spawn it makes the heavy stand up straight with his arms at his sides and float around slowly. if you punch the arms just fly up straight and back down. it really has to be experienced to enjoy properly.

i thought it was funny as hell. especially when you punch pyros to death on dustbowl.

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Quaz and WallyQuaz and Wally Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    TK-42-1 wrote: »

if you dick around in the spawn it makes the heavy stand up straight with his arms at his sides and float around slowly. if you punch the arms just fly up straight and back down. it really has to be experienced to enjoy properly.

i thought it was funny as hell. especially when you punch pyros to death on dustbowl.

Define, "dick around in the spawn". I'm curious about this myself. Unless it actually bestows some sort of benefit other than people going, what the hell?

Quaz and Wally on
  • bubblegumnexbubblegumnex Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    jonxp wrote: »
    Good news everyone!

Heavy will be updated next.

Will they touch Sasha?

Welcome to five pages ago, loser!
    <3

I still love you Jon.

bubblegumnex on
    <@zerzhul&gt; bubblegumnex: you were so very fucked up
    <@zerzhul&gt; you win at twdt
  • BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Define, "dick around in the spawn". I'm curious about this myself. Unless it actually bestows some sort of benefit other than people going, what the hell?
    it gives you no benefits, it makes you way slower, crouching you don't even move......it is actually really horrible besides it being hilarious to see....and as a heavy yourself you don't actually see anything different except you're moving at a snail's pace

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • savooipeerdsavooipeerd Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'm kind of surprised they're doing heavy next. It's a fairly popular class, and it seems that some of the other classes could use a bit more help/tweaking. Maybe I'm just not good with those other classes.

http://www.steampowered.com/status/tf2/tf2_stats.php

As you can see, the heavy really isn't all that popular. The people that do play heavy, however, are really good at it apparently. Based on a combination of those stats, you would expect spy or scout to get an update before the heavy, but I guess not.

savooipeerd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quaz and WallyQuaz and Wally Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    BEAST! wrote: »

it gives you no benefits, it makes you way slower, crouching you don't even move......it is actually really horrible besides it being hilarious to see....and as a heavy yourself you don't actually see anything different except you're moving at a snail's pace

Then I still want to know how to do it. I want to be cool too dammit!

Quaz and Wally on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2008
    Boar wrote: »
    I would really love the Spy to have the ability to disguise as inanimate objects - plants, crates etc. I'm not sure how it would affect balance, but it would just be all kinds of awesome.

"Hey boys, who ordered a crate of dispenser replacement parts?"

Echo on
    edited July 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    I would really love the Spy to have the ability to disguise as inanimate objects - plants, crates etc. I'm not sure how it would affect balance, but it would just be all kinds of awesome.

Or maybe a sentry or dispenser. The dispenser would be perfect for backstabbing people.

Icemopper on
    edited July 2008

Hey flippy, remember that time I crit-shot you in the crotch with the engy pistol?

Because I can dig up some screenshots in case you forgot.

Also: bah, so many heavies when the update hits. And I just rekindled my love for big Russian manhunks.

Echo on
  • LankarLankar Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Inanimate objects would be rather comical. Feign Death would be pretty enjoyable again.

However, I think we'll see Engineer and Spy coming around last for updates, due to having more than 3 weapons/utilities.

Also, I was here. Again.

Lankar on
    -Random-

If a woman's chest tasted like cheese, would men still be hypnotized by them?

Randomness, The essence of life.
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I want a spy update if the dumb fucking pyros who try to spy check me get a boost.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Ever since the pyro glut, I've been trying to find a new main. I'm kinda okay with the demo and the scout (trying out heavy, but with the new update, may have to switch again) but I really wish there was a better medium range gun out there as a main weapon.

Fencingsax on
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

Hey flippy, remember that time I crit-shot you in the crotch with the engy pistol?

Because I can dig up some screenshots in case you forgot.

Also: bah, so many heavies when the update hits. And I just rekindled my love for big Russian manhunks.

Are...

Are you boasting about killing Flippy?

Gumpy on
    edited July 2008
    I think he just likes crotch shots.

Hi-yooo

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Or maybe a sentry or dispenser. The dispenser would be perfect for backstabbing people.

And the downside would be the spy actually losing ammo/health.

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
    edited July 2008
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Are you boasting about killing Flippy?

fatty_d.gif

Echo on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

I spy check around sentries as it stands.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    You don't boast on the forums about killing Flippy. That's inelegant.

Instead you bat him to death and then type HI FLIPPY! in the chat. That's how these things work.

Asiina on
  • DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

http://www.steampowered.com/status/tf2/tf2_stats.php

As you can see, the heavy really isn't all that popular. The people that do play heavy, however, are really good at it apparently. Based on a combination of those stats, you would expect spy or scout to get an update before the heavy, but I guess not.

I'm surprised it's that low. Although those stats are only for the last week. I wonder how it is if you count the whole month, 3 months, 1 year, etc. I didn't even know about that stat page though, and it's really cool.

Dissociater on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    No one wants to play heavy when the pyro can kill you in a second.

Zen Vulgarity on
This discussion has been closed.